Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing at events 09:23 - Feb 27 with 4461 viewsBluefish

Following the debate on here about standing at matches, i have a similar question. I went to the stereophonics last night and have recently progressed to choosing seats instead of standing for concerts. Some people in seats decided to stand and dance (comically in most cases). Is this fair on those behind them? I had a similar experience at the killers a couple of months ago but that was more acceptable as a bigger majority were standing.

If you want to stand and dance at a concert should you choose standing?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Standing at events on 09:35 - Feb 27 with 3764 viewsBlueBadger

To be honest, that bothers me less than the pillocks who spend the whole night pointing their phone at the stage rather than actually enjoying the show.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Standing at events on 09:40 - Feb 27 with 3749 viewsSaleAway

What if you can't get standing tickets? Should you just not go?

I'm with others... less bothered by this than by bloody phones and tablets recording all night

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Standing at events on 09:45 - Feb 27 with 3746 viewsRadlett_blue

I went to The Cure last year with a mate & we were in the seats on the side. At the 3rd song a woman in front of us stood up & started jiggling about, blocking our view of the stage. She was the only one in the seated area who was up & my mate (who is quite assertive) politely but firmly got her to sit down. I think he was right - why should others have to stand in a seated area just because a small minority do? Different if more than a certain % stand though - kind of democratic.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Standing at events on 09:46 - Feb 27 with 3739 viewsBluefish

Standing at events on 09:45 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

I went to The Cure last year with a mate & we were in the seats on the side. At the 3rd song a woman in front of us stood up & started jiggling about, blocking our view of the stage. She was the only one in the seated area who was up & my mate (who is quite assertive) politely but firmly got her to sit down. I think he was right - why should others have to stand in a seated area just because a small minority do? Different if more than a certain % stand though - kind of democratic.

Similar sort of comparison. I don't think it is right but I am a bit torn on it

Standing at events on 09:47 - Feb 27 with 3735 viewsBluefish

Standing at events on 09:40 - Feb 27 by SaleAway

I'm with others... less bothered by this than by bloody phones and tablets recording all night

Seats are a lot harder to get than standing

Standing at events on 09:48 - Feb 27 with 3734 viewsBasuco

Standing at events on 09:47 - Feb 27 by Bluefish

Seats are a lot harder to get than standing

Not in my experience, concert standing always sells out first.
Standing at events on 10:15 - Feb 27 with 3693 viewschicoazul

God you're getting old now aren't you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Standing at events on 10:18 - Feb 27 with 3682 viewsBluefish

Standing at events on 10:15 - Feb 27 by chicoazul

God you're getting old now aren't you.

I'm at a rather tricky inbetween stage

Login to get fewer ads

Standing at events on 10:22 - Feb 27 with 3675 viewschicoazul

Standing at events on 10:18 - Feb 27 by Bluefish

I'm at a rather tricky inbetween stage

#metoo mate, give me a seat over standing any day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Standing at events on 13:04 - Feb 27 with 3600 viewshoppy

Standing at events on 09:40 - Feb 27 by SaleAway

Not just those recording, but those that seem to think that the lighting engineers somehow haven't done their job sufficiently and that the whole experience is somewhat dark if they don't activate the little torch light on their phone and point it towards the stage...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Standing at events on 13:17 - Feb 27 with 3584 viewsnoggin

Ah the snowflake generation.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Standing at events on 13:29 - Feb 27 with 3549 viewsGlasgowBlue

How on earth can anyone sit a concert? Music is supposed to make you get up and dance. If you want to sit and watch music then get the DVD imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Standing at events on 13:32 - Feb 27 with 3533 viewsDubtractor

Standing at events on 09:48 - Feb 27 by Basuco

Not in my experience, concert standing always sells out first.

Depends, if you go for bland middle of the road stuff there is probably demand for a bit of a sit down.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Standing at events on 13:43 - Feb 27 with 3505 viewsDubtractor

Joking aside, i think if you've chosen to sit and get someone standing in front of you I can see how it would be annoying.

But to be honest sitting down for a rock gig is a bit odd.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Standing at events on 13:52 - Feb 27 with 3490 viewsJakeITFC

Think you get a feel for it quite quickly - I’ve only ever been in a seated area when the standing area has sold out and generally people stand up from the get go if it’s going to happen.

The most annoying thing I’ve had of that I’ll was at the O2 for an Anthony Joshua fight - people shouting at each other to sit down during a world heavyweight title match? Bizarre.

My biggest gig irk is people talking, though. At Bon Iver last night people were just continuing normal conversations throughout the room during acapella songs and ones with gaps in the music. Just so rude.
Standing at events on 14:08 - Feb 27 with 3464 viewsDubtractor

Standing at events on 13:52 - Feb 27 by JakeITFC

Think you get a feel for it quite quickly - I’ve only ever been in a seated area when the standing area has sold out and generally people stand up from the get go if it’s going to happen.

The most annoying thing I’ve had of that I’ll was at the O2 for an Anthony Joshua fight - people shouting at each other to sit down during a world heavyweight title match? Bizarre.

My biggest gig irk is people talking, though. At Bon Iver last night people were just continuing normal conversations throughout the room during acapella songs and ones with gaps in the music. Just so rude.

100% with you on talking, especially through quiet songs.

Aside from the rudeness I just don't understand why someone would pay to see a performance and then just talk all the way through it rather than enjoy it. And what is so important that they must discuss it then? Absolute waaaaaankers.

Only time I've genuinely list my temper in recent years was when telling someone to shut the f up during a grandaddy set. Apparently though, I look harder than I am as they couldn't apologise enough and were silent the rest of the set.

Please note for reference that I am not remotely hard.

Standing at events on 14:17 - Feb 27 with 3453 viewsSpruceMoose

You did several things wrong here, the main one being going to see the Stereophonics. The second mistake being you should have used your cane to beat the offender to within an inch of their life. That is what standing in seating areas deserves.

Especially at football.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Standing at events on 15:28 - Feb 27 with 3413 viewsJohnny_Boy

Standing at events on 14:17 - Feb 27 by SpruceMoose

You did several things wrong here, the main one being going to see the Stereophonics. The second mistake being you should have used your cane to beat the offender to within an inch of their life. That is what standing in seating areas deserves.

Especially at football.

Cane

Very harsh.
Standing at events on 16:20 - Feb 27 with 3380 viewschicoazul

Standing at events on 13:43 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

Joking aside, i think if you've chosen to sit and get someone standing in front of you I can see how it would be annoying.

But to be honest sitting down for a rock gig is a bit odd.

I went to a Lou Reed gig in London once a long time ago and there were notes on the seat forbidding people from standing!

Standing at events on 16:22 - Feb 27 with 3376 viewsSpruceMoose

Standing at events on 16:20 - Feb 27 by chicoazul

I went to a Lou Reed gig in London once a long time ago and there were notes on the seat forbidding people from standing!

What if my knees don't bend?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Standing at events on 16:30 - Feb 27 with 3359 viewsfooters

Especially at football.

Perhaps he's deaf as well as aged?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Standing at events on 17:02 - Feb 27 with 3328 viewsartsbossbeard

Especially at football.

I'm off the see The 'Phonics at the weekend, don't see the issue personally but I love live music and they've got some corkers in their back pockets to be fair.

Can I claim Kudos points for seeing "everyone's soon to be favourite band", The Sea Girls, at O'Meara recently (they're alright, the kids loved them) followed by a deduction of Kudos points for The Sherlocks (decent set, dodgy sound system) at The Electric Ballroom, Camden?

Belle & Sebastian in Cambridge in a couple of weeks. I win.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Standing at events on 17:10 - Feb 27 with 3307 viewsRadlett_blue

Standing at events on 17:02 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

I'm off the see The 'Phonics at the weekend, don't see the issue personally but I love live music and they've got some corkers in their back pockets to be fair.

Can I claim Kudos points for seeing "everyone's soon to be favourite band", The Sea Girls, at O'Meara recently (they're alright, the kids loved them) followed by a deduction of Kudos points for The Sherlocks (decent set, dodgy sound system) at The Electric Ballroom, Camden?

I luckily found the Sherlocks album on the plane system on an antiquated BA 747 when flying back from Cape Town & thought it was good.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Standing at events on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 3296 viewsartsbossbeard

Standing at events on 17:10 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

I luckily found the Sherlocks album on the plane system on an antiquated BA 747 when flying back from Cape Town & thought it was good.

They're tidy but they don't half attract some weapons for fans, if the Camden gig is anything to go by.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Standing at events on 17:34 - Feb 27 with 3269 viewsDubtractor

Standing at events on 17:02 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

I think you'll find that I win for going to see The Hold Steady in Camden next weekend, plus Car Seat Headrest in Cambridge in a couple of months.

I'll be standing at both.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024