Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just cancelled Sky 15:13 - Mar 4 with 7539 viewsJ2BLUE

They mentioned they have offers on at the moment including 50% off tv and line rental. Worth telling them you've found better offers. I wanted to stay with them for broadband so when they offered me £18 unlimited broadband I told them Plusnet was £12.74. Within 30 seconds they offered the same for £12.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just cancelled Sky on 15:24 - Mar 4 with 7464 viewsAce_High1

Its popular to moan about them but the product they offer I find is better than any other (from legal sources) provider in the UK.

Lots of good shows on Sky One, Sky Atlantic in particular over the last few years and then the sport channels.
Just cancelled Sky on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 7407 viewsJ2BLUE

Just cancelled Sky on 15:24 - Mar 4 by Ace_High1

Its popular to moan about them but the product they offer I find is better than any other (from legal sources) provider in the UK.

Lots of good shows on Sky One, Sky Atlantic in particular over the last few years and then the sport channels.

Agree. They made a very good offer for tv but I decided to cancel anyway.

Truly impaired.

Just cancelled Sky on 15:40 - Mar 4 with 7355 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I agree

The problem I have with them is how late they leave it to announce games. If they changed it from 4 weeks before to 8/10 weeks before, the amount I’d save in train ticket increases would be enormous.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just cancelled Sky on 17:12 - Mar 4 with 7127 viewsstrikalite

Just cancelled Sky on 15:30 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

They'll no doubt phone you back..

I must try and get my Virgin package down again, £103 a month now...
Just cancelled Sky on 17:15 - Mar 4 with 7111 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just cancelled Sky on 15:30 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Has anyone mentioned that Murdoch is a crook?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just cancelled Sky on 17:34 - Mar 4 with 7031 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Have Sky and Virgin got Netflix etc built in yet? Just curious.
Just cancelled Sky on 19:01 - Mar 4 with 6846 viewsVaughan8

Why not just get NowTV for TV?

NowTV offer you great rates if you try and cancel. I get the entertainment for £3.99 a month (half price) for 4 months. I can watch live sky one, atlantic etc, all the boxsets. Surely that can't be beaten on price?

OK I can't record those channels so thats where it fulls down, but then most new programmes are added to the boxsets after the programme has finished anyway!

Another perk is I can cancel it as and when I want to. Just a personal choice, but with my BT Internet (which I cannot fault), it works excellently!
Just cancelled Sky on 19:16 - Mar 4 with 6801 viewsbournemouthblue

Just cancelled Sky on 17:34 - Mar 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Have Sky and Virgin got Netflix etc built in yet? Just curious.

Virgin certainly offer Netflix as an option and have a YouTube function

Not that that can't get either on Android, smart tv, game console or other set top box type items nowadays

Where Sky win is Sky Atlantic. Virgin wins on broadband the SkySports and BT package together?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 19:23]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Just cancelled Sky on 19:22 - Mar 4 with 6775 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just cancelled Sky on 19:16 - Mar 4 by bournemouthblue

Not that that can't get either on Android, smart tv, game console or other set top box type items nowadays

Where Sky win is Sky Atlantic. Virgin wins on broadband the SkySports and BT package together?

Cable was very scared of streaming services but now have gone semi app based with their platforms to incorporate them which is smart.
Just cancelled Sky on 19:24 - Mar 4 with 6757 viewsbournemouthblue

Just cancelled Sky on 19:22 - Mar 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Cable was very scared of streaming services but now have gone semi app based with their platforms to incorporate them which is smart.

It makes sense really, I'm sure they don't compare to the speed of a games console or decent set top box but they may as well be on their boxes. It's the way things are going.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Just cancelled Sky on 19:29 - Mar 4 with 6741 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends what your priority is imo. I cancelled last year as I’d had numerous problems with a poor phone line and wifi (best package they had) dropping. Switched to BT for phone and broadband and the jump in quality has been excellent. Sure we don’t get sky channels now, but there’s so much on the likes of iPlayer and Netflix that we’re never short of anything to watch. We don’t have ‘must watch’ programmes that are only on Sky, so it suits us and saves best part of £70 a month.

Wish I’d got rid of Sky earlier.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just cancelled Sky on 21:03 - Mar 4 with 6539 viewsBloomBlue

Too much American stuff for my liking
Just cancelled Sky on 21:16 - Mar 4 with 6496 viewssolemio

Just cancelled Sky on 17:15 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Has anyone mentioned that Murdoch is a crook?

I agree totally with your implication. There really is no longer any need to repeat this widely accepted truth.
Just cancelled Sky on 07:50 - Mar 5 with 6184 viewshoppy

Just cancelled Sky on 15:40 - Mar 4 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree

The problem I have with them is how late they leave it to announce games. If they changed it from 4 weeks before to 8/10 weeks before, the amount I’d save in train ticket increases would be enormous.

How does that work then? What difference does their announcement make to your train tickets? We’re never on!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just cancelled Sky on 07:57 - Mar 5 with 6175 viewsflimflam

Just cancelled Sky on 19:16 - Mar 4 by bournemouthblue

Disagree with the broadband, BT by far the most reliable and least disruptive with no throttling I have had and I have tried them all.

Might have something to owning most of the infrastructure
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 7:57]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Just cancelled Sky on 08:17 - Mar 5 with 6140 viewsHARRY10

It begs the question of how much longer can sky continue to fund Pl football at the current rate.

There was outrage from some when I raised this question a few months back, yet what were the amounts paid for this latest round of PL games ? Certainly not the increase after increase we have previously seen.

With the belt tightening that is now becoming more apparent I would suggest this will one area folk will be looking to cut back. on And given how clubs are paid on an ongoing process how long would sky and/or BT continue with large losses. Remember ITV Digital ? It is worth looking at what happened there.
Just cancelled Sky on 10:35 - Mar 5 with 6038 viewsJ2BLUE

Just cancelled Sky on 08:17 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

It begs the question of how much longer can sky continue to fund Pl football at the current rate.

There was outrage from some when I raised this question a few months back, yet what were the amounts paid for this latest round of PL games ? Certainly not the increase after increase we have previously seen.

With the belt tightening that is now becoming more apparent I would suggest this will one area folk will be looking to cut back. on And given how clubs are paid on an ongoing process how long would sky and/or BT continue with large losses. Remember ITV Digital ? It is worth looking at what happened there.

The rise of BT now means we have two big brands with strong offerings raising prices regularly. The average fan is going to have to make a choice. I'll be honest, i'm hoping they offer me a deal and I stay. They offered me a decent deal but I didn't want to be tied in for 18 months. My broadband deal is 12 months. If they don't it will be the odd month of Sky Sports on Now TV when I can get it for £20 a month or so.

Truly impaired.

Just cancelled Sky on 10:43 - Mar 5 with 6029 viewsDeano69

Just about to cancel mine. Going for a Humax Freesat box with Netflix Premium Subscription. Should cover everything i need i reckon and save a 4 figure sum a year.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Just cancelled Sky on 10:45 - Mar 5 with 6024 viewshype313

Just cancelled Sky on 10:43 - Mar 5 by Deano69

Just about to cancel mine. Going for a Humax Freesat box with Netflix Premium Subscription. Should cover everything i need i reckon and save a 4 figure sum a year.

That's what I did, and if I ever need to watch sport on Sky I just use my Father in Laws Sky go.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just cancelled Sky on 10:57 - Mar 5 with 6008 viewsJ2BLUE

Just cancelled Sky on 10:43 - Mar 5 by Deano69

What's Netflix Premium?

Truly impaired.

Just cancelled Sky on 11:03 - Mar 5 with 5999 viewsDeano69

Just cancelled Sky on 10:57 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

What's Netflix Premium?

£9.99 per month gives you premium which allows 4 simultaneous screens/views and Ultra HD on certain stuff.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024