Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 of us now not going tonight... 08:23 - Mar 13 with 11667 viewsunstableblue

.... beers and a meal beforehand was holding tonight’s plan together after Saturdays quality bypass football.

But with a few only arriving for game, we’ve decided to give it a miss entirely. 2 are season tickets.

Not really a ‘stay away protest’ just sad. I reckon the real attendance Saturday was around 11k bolstered by blades. Tonight will be below 10k, in real terms.

Some may say “you don’t get what being a supporter is, we don’t need your type” maybe they’ve got a point.

Anyway - I recommend going this evening as we will now put in a barn storming 3 goal wunder performance.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:18 - Mar 13 with 3457 viewsBluefish

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:07 - Mar 13 by itfcjoe

They are, any club where things aren't going well there becomes a myriad of reasons why people aren't going.

As soon as they start winning they come back - and kid themselves that the reason why they are winning is because everything is now being run perfectly.

Difference between not going and shouting about it thinking it makes you better

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:21 - Mar 13 with 3451 viewsitfcjoe

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:18 - Mar 13 by Bluefish

Difference between not going and shouting about it thinking it makes you better

People don't like to admit that they aren't going simply because they'd rather do something else or can't be bothered - no more, no less
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:22]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:22 - Mar 13 with 3446 viewsLord_Lucan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:01 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Most of those 10k weren't there when we were actually good under Burley either to be fair. It took us a while to fully shed the plastics who jumped on the Prem bandwagon but we are now back down to around our core support.

Are you talking about pre prem Burley or post prem Burley?

Funnily enough after we went down with Burley our attendances went up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 3427 viewsHerbivore

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:22 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Are you talking about pre prem Burley or post prem Burley?

Funnily enough after we went down with Burley our attendances went up.

Pre-Prem average attendances were around or below what they are now, possibly very slightly higher in 98/99 and 99/00. Our first season after relegation I think everyone thought we'd bounce straight back and it was t first season both new stands were open for the entire season. Our attendances held up well, to be fair despite the hand-wringing they've still held up pretty well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:27 - Mar 13 with 3420 viewsBluefish

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:21 - Mar 13 by itfcjoe

People don't like to admit that they aren't going simply because they'd rather do something else or can't be bothered - no more, no less
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:22]

I called out a couple of extremely vocal mickout people on Twitter when they were making a bit deal about their stay away protests. Turns out both gave up because of family commitments with their kids. I have no idea why that had to be disguised as a protest.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:29 - Mar 13 with 3412 viewsartsbossbeard

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:25 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Pre-Prem average attendances were around or below what they are now, possibly very slightly higher in 98/99 and 99/00. Our first season after relegation I think everyone thought we'd bounce straight back and it was t first season both new stands were open for the entire season. Our attendances held up well, to be fair despite the hand-wringing they've still held up pretty well.

The first game in the premiership was a nightmare.

Turned up at our usual, cough, 3pm to be greeted by people I'd never seen before and having to limit my arse cheeks to one seat.

One woman even had the audacity to slap my mate at one game as he "always turned up late and reeking of booze".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:29 - Mar 13 with 3408 viewsLord_Lucan

This is an interesting site.

Although rather depressing for us oldies.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/ipst.htm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:30 - Mar 13 with 3403 viewsNo9

Why are you comparing nearly 20 years ago with today?
The long & short of it is that for some considerable time now Town have had been on the fieled of play with dubious tactics & a dysfunctional line up.
The main reason Town are mid table is because the division is pretty useless
Login to get fewer ads

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 3388 viewsHerbivore

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:29 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Our attendances really aren't that bad when you take a broader view. Nobody can expect they won't decline whilst we're stuck in the Championship but they're really not all that bad for just how long we've been bang average.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:37 - Mar 13 with 3375 viewsNo9

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:29 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

The smaller stands at each end helped to make the ground look more occupied
4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:49 - Mar 13 with 3351 viewsLord_Lucan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:34 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Our attendances really aren't that bad when you take a broader view. Nobody can expect they won't decline whilst we're stuck in the Championship but they're really not all that bad for just how long we've been bang average.

Not sure about that.

Pretty convinced it never used to be the norm to count absent ST holders

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 3349 viewslongtimefan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:30 - Mar 13 by No9

The long & short of it is that for some considerable time now Town have had been on the fieled of play with dubious tactics & a dysfunctional line up.

Because it’s relevant since it demonstrates from a historical perspective that Town fans have always been fickle when it comes to periods outside the top division, and what we’re seeing now isn’t something particularly exceptional.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:56]
4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:53 - Mar 13 with 3346 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:30 - Mar 13 by No9

Our budget compared to the rest of the division is probably at its lowest for at least 30 years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:00 - Mar 13 with 3330 viewsfergalsharkey

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:33 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Moreover, I find it baffling why people feel the need to boast about NOT doing something.

Tonight I won't be shagging Rachel Riley or playing backgammon with the Queen.

What other things will people not be doing tonight?

Im not going to interview Peter Sutcliffe regarding the subject 101 ways to pull women.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:02]

Poll: Cook out?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:03 - Mar 13 with 3324 viewsLord_Lucan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:53 - Mar 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our budget compared to the rest of the division is probably at its lowest for at least 30 years

What you and others are for some reason unwilling to acknowledge is it isn't all down to results and league position.

The Sheff U game highlighted it. We aren't going down and because this league is so bad we bizarrely were in with an outside shout at the play offs yet rather than try and win it all we did was try not to lose.

Couple with that and a breakdown of communication with the fans then you are getting closer.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:06 - Mar 13 with 3314 viewschristiand

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:34 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Although if the club give the 'actual'l figure of those that are in attendance then perhaps we are more in line with clubs like: Millwall, Brentford and even Southend United around 10,000. Southend have been bobbing around League 1 and 2 for a number of seasons now and it appears they'll have more at Roots Hall than what we will get at PR in the Championship.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 3313 viewsCurrie10

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:46 - Mar 13 by unstableblue

You silly little man. You have no idea how much I care about Town, and I’m not going to justify my Town support to you.

Consider yourself ignored. Go and troll someone else for a change.

Go and avoid another game with three of your mates and have some beers....

Jesus christ get a grip man.

Follow the town, up, and down.

I will never understand the point in buying a season card then not going to games!?

' I know I'll give the club a good pot of ££££ and if we aren't doing very well I won't attend. They've already got my ££££, that'll show them........... '

I assume if we were top of the league you'd be attending?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:08]
4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 3309 viewsLord_Lucan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:06 - Mar 13 by christiand

Although if the club give the 'actual'l figure of those that are in attendance then perhaps we are more in line with clubs like: Millwall, Brentford and even Southend United around 10,000. Southend have been bobbing around League 1 and 2 for a number of seasons now and it appears they'll have more at Roots Hall than what we will get at PR in the Championship.

I believe it is in the rules these days that every club include ST holders, including obviously those you mention.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 3308 viewsfergalsharkey

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:03 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

What you and others are for some reason unwilling to acknowledge is it isn't all down to results and league position.

The Sheff U game highlighted it. We aren't going down and because this league is so bad we bizarrely were in with an outside shout at the play offs yet rather than try and win it all we did was try not to lose.

Couple with that and a breakdown of communication with the fans then you are getting closer.

but close enough?

surely the object of your very persuasive argument is to get everyone thinking like you, and although you acknowledge he is getting closer is it close enough when all you want is to be listened to and understood or are you on a more serious mission trying to dictate to us so that we become more like your disciples and follow you and your dreams to the ends of playford rd?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:09]

Poll: Cook out?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:09 - Mar 13 with 3301 viewsLord_Lucan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 by fergalsharkey

but close enough?

surely the object of your very persuasive argument is to get everyone thinking like you, and although you acknowledge he is getting closer is it close enough when all you want is to be listened to and understood or are you on a more serious mission trying to dictate to us so that we become more like your disciples and follow you and your dreams to the ends of playford rd?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:09]

It's a discussion.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:17 - Mar 13 with 3284 viewschristiand

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

I believe it is in the rules these days that every club include ST holders, including obviously those you mention.

To be fair Southend normally do well for crowds at Roots Hall you can see for yourself that they are not far off capacity. Different with Ipswich when they say 15K amongst a sea of blue empty seats.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:21 - Mar 13 with 3273 viewsHerbivore

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:17 - Mar 13 by christiand

To be fair Southend normally do well for crowds at Roots Hall you can see for yourself that they are not far off capacity. Different with Ipswich when they say 15K amongst a sea of blue empty seats.

Our ground holds 30k, of course it looks half empty when there's only 15k there.

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:23 - Mar 13 with 3260 viewsWickets

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:38 - Mar 13 by unstableblue

Why do you feel the need to respond negatively to everything I post, it’s weird.

Maybe it is a bit look at me. But this is a football forum for Ipswich fans to talk about how they feel and what they are doing in relation to the club. Just like someone’s just posted to ask - “who’s going tonight?”

I thought it was relevant because 4 of us were planning to go and Saturdays performance has changed our minds, that’s all.

Because that is all he does on this forum and not only to you by the way!
4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 3247 viewschristiand

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:21 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Our ground holds 30k, of course it looks half empty when there's only 15k there.

or maybe even a third empty would be more an educated guess! I see even you are wavering about going tonight. I thought you were a die-hard supporter? Always quick to jump on others for their non attendance. 'Kettle, pot, black springs to mind!'
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:30]

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:32 - Mar 13 with 3228 viewslongtimefan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:06 - Mar 13 by christiand

Southend average 7k and operate the same policy as us and the rest of the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024