Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 of us now not going tonight... 08:23 - Mar 13 with 11665 viewsunstableblue

.... beers and a meal beforehand was holding tonight’s plan together after Saturdays quality bypass football.

But with a few only arriving for game, we’ve decided to give it a miss entirely. 2 are season tickets.

Not really a ‘stay away protest’ just sad. I reckon the real attendance Saturday was around 11k bolstered by blades. Tonight will be below 10k, in real terms.

Some may say “you don’t get what being a supporter is, we don’t need your type” maybe they’ve got a point.

Anyway - I recommend going this evening as we will now put in a barn storming 3 goal wunder performance.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 3218 viewsgeorgeitfc

More importantly, are you still going for food?

BIG TC
Poll: Mick...

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:37 - Mar 13 with 3215 viewschristiand

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:32 - Mar 13 by longtimefan

Southend average 7k and operate the same policy as us and the rest of the league.

So for a club that has a capacity of 12K, 7K+ is more than decent? Especially as they have been in League 1 or lower for the last decade.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:56 - Mar 13 with 3190 viewslongtimefan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:37 - Mar 13 by christiand

So for a club that has a capacity of 12K, 7K+ is more than decent? Especially as they have been in League 1 or lower for the last decade.

It’s good for a league 1 club, better than Colchester when last in that league. However I don’t see the relevance of the ground capacity if the average is significantly less than capacity? If we were averaging 20k would you say that our 30k capacity (same ratios) had any impact?
4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:57 - Mar 13 with 3191 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:03 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

What you and others are for some reason unwilling to acknowledge is it isn't all down to results and league position.

The Sheff U game highlighted it. We aren't going down and because this league is so bad we bizarrely were in with an outside shout at the play offs yet rather than try and win it all we did was try not to lose.

Couple with that and a breakdown of communication with the fans then you are getting closer.

I do acknowledge that - I think it’s time for a change as ultimately if the football isn’t great to watch and you don’t have the excitement of challenging at the top end then there isn’t really much point. Certainly the relationship between Mick and a section of the fanbase is now beyond repair too

However objectively I think it’s difficult to argue Mick isn’t still doing a good job here. Given our budget we remain well above where we should probably be, and the squad is in much better shape than where he found it. Realistically I think we’ll probably go backwards under the next man rather than forwards though as they’ll likely struggle to get the quality Mick has with our budget - but it’s a risk that has to be taken

My post was solely in response to Fred’s ludicrous comment that we’re only mid table because the division is terrible

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:58 - Mar 13 with 3187 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:35 - Mar 13 by georgeitfc

More importantly, are you still going for food?

He’s currently posting on kormalovers.com about the tragedy that all of his mates are too apathetic about curry to go and get one tonight...

4 of us now not going tonight... on 11:02 - Mar 13 with 3175 viewsartsbossbeard

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:58 - Mar 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s currently posting on kormalovers.com about the tragedy that all of his mates are too apathetic about curry to go and get one tonight...

His mates will have most certainly had a better curry elsewhere and vow never to go back to this place again.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 3158 viewsJimmyJazz

4 of us now not going tonight... on 11:02 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

His mates will have most certainly had a better curry elsewhere and vow never to go back to this place again.

It's an interesting point, and seemingly ignored in this conversation so far.

Where was this Indian to be consumed and how is the Dhansak there?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:10 - Mar 13 with 3110 viewsHennikerBlu

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:07 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

I believe it is in the rules these days that every club include ST holders, including obviously those you mention.

Yes 'all' clubs count ST's. They were talking about the half empty Emirates on Sunday, with many ST's not turning up during Motson's last game.
Login to get fewer ads

4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:12 - Mar 13 with 3108 viewsgeorgeitfc

4 of us now not going tonight... on 11:12 - Mar 13 by JimmyJazz

It's an interesting point, and seemingly ignored in this conversation so far.

Where was this Indian to be consumed and how is the Dhansak there?

I had a terrible experience there, slipped on the way in and was in a korma for a week

BIG TC
Poll: Mick...

4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:18 - Mar 13 with 3094 viewsSpruceMoose

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:33 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Moreover, I find it baffling why people feel the need to boast about NOT doing something.

Tonight I won't be shagging Rachel Riley or playing backgammon with the Queen.

What other things will people not be doing tonight?

Like not finding the end of the sellotape, or being able to open ketchup sachets, you mean?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:21 - Mar 13 with 3088 viewsSpruceMoose

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:03 - Mar 13 by Bluefish

I've been saying for sometime that football used to be about who could be the most loyal, people were judged on how many games they went to or how much they love the club. Nowadays our lot seem to think you are judged on how loudly you can claim to not support.

Other clubs are not like this

Evidence?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:49 - Mar 13 with 3057 viewsBenters2

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:38 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

There's been no demos because being 12th in the Championship for a club of our size is not something that warrants a demonstration.

As i thought you are Ian Milne and i collect my £5 thank you.
4 of us now not going tonight... on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 3053 viewsBenters2

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:21 - Mar 13 by Herbivore

Our ground holds 30k, of course it looks half empty when there's only 15k there.

Have you thought about being a rocket scientist?
4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:22 - Mar 13 with 2993 viewschristiand

4 of us now not going tonight... on 10:56 - Mar 13 by longtimefan

It’s good for a league 1 club, better than Colchester when last in that league. However I don’t see the relevance of the ground capacity if the average is significantly less than capacity? If we were averaging 20k would you say that our 30k capacity (same ratios) had any impact?

The initial point longtimefan was the fact that our 'official' attendances for home games is not far off what Southend United get, which the rate we are going won't be too far from the truth. The excuse that we have been in the Championship now for 15 seasons is the main reason, but the Shrimpers seem to be doing alright and they have been in League One or lower for the last decade and their attendances seem to be holding up.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:41 - Mar 13 with 2970 viewslongtimefan

4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:22 - Mar 13 by christiand

The initial point longtimefan was the fact that our 'official' attendances for home games is not far off what Southend United get, which the rate we are going won't be too far from the truth. The excuse that we have been in the Championship now for 15 seasons is the main reason, but the Shrimpers seem to be doing alright and they have been in League One or lower for the last decade and their attendances seem to be holding up.

As I said, good for League 1 but even our “actual attendance” figure for the lowest game is the best part of 3k more than their average. You don’t seem to have addressed my comment about capacity!
4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:46 - Mar 13 with 2961 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:22 - Mar 13 by christiand

Our average attendance is 16,281, which is over double Southend’s of 7,030. You can argue that that isn’t our real attendance but then Southend’s will be counted by the same measure too

Difficult to see how their attendance compares over time as they’ve fluctuated division a lot. It’s gone up compared to 5 years ago, however they have been promoted since then, but by comparison it is down on 10 years ago when they were in the division above

4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:56 - Mar 13 with 2946 viewsnshearman1

4 of us now not going tonight... on 16:46 - Mar 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our average attendance is 16,281, which is over double Southend’s of 7,030. You can argue that that isn’t our real attendance but then Southend’s will be counted by the same measure too

Difficult to see how their attendance compares over time as they’ve fluctuated division a lot. It’s gone up compared to 5 years ago, however they have been promoted since then, but by comparison it is down on 10 years ago when they were in the division above

All this comparison to Southend is sooooo tangential. The fact is that, by any measure, attendances are falling, the management acknowledges there is a rift between supporters and manager/owner, the football is Dullsville, Ohio, the stadium is getting increasingly tatty in places, the pitch is poor when for many many years our pitch was the envy of other clubs, we have had a ludicrous number of injuries over the past couple of seasons (for whatever reason) and it would seem that Mick and others are happy with mid-table obscurity over a period of several years. The good times are always allegedly just around the corner....
4 of us now not going tonight... on 17:05 - Mar 13 with 2937 viewsbluejacko

4 of us now not going tonight... on 08:36 - Mar 13 by Fixed_It

Because it really isn't quite as bad as some would have you believe.

Really it isn't! must be going to different games than me then.
4 of us now not going tonight... on 18:20 - Mar 13 with 2916 viewstextbackup

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:29 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

The first game in the premiership was a nightmare.

Turned up at our usual, cough, 3pm to be greeted by people I'd never seen before and having to limit my arse cheeks to one seat.

One woman even had the audacity to slap my mate at one game as he "always turned up late and reeking of booze".

Our first game in the premier at home was an 8pm KO vs manu, why did you arrive at 3pm?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 18:21]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

4 of us now not going tonight... on 18:24 - Mar 13 with 2908 viewsartsbossbeard

4 of us now not going tonight... on 18:20 - Mar 13 by textbackup

Our first game in the premier at home was an 8pm KO vs manu, why did you arrive at 3pm?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 18:21]

Saturday game. I was working in Cambridge at the time, so that would've been my first of the season.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

4 of us now not going tonight... on 18:29 - Mar 13 with 2889 viewsjaykay

4 of us now not going tonight... on 09:49 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure about that.

Pretty convinced it never used to be the norm to count absent ST holders

season tickets were never a big deal pre burley years. most people paid on the gate.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024