Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column 12:31 - Mar 16 with 6625 viewsPhilTWTD

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/16089689.TWTD__Phil_Ham_s_Ipswich_Town_colum

This post has been edited by an administrator
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:52 - Mar 16 with 4511 viewsSWGF

"Tony Mowbray is understood to be the club’s preferred potential successor to McCarthy"

Really?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:55 - Mar 16 with 4517 viewsPhilTWTD

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:52 - Mar 16 by SWGF

"Tony Mowbray is understood to be the club’s preferred potential successor to McCarthy"

Really?

Yes, I've heard that from a number of sources, as have others. ME has also approached him twice in the past but not at times TM was able to take the job. I suspect now may be another similar moment.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:56 - Mar 16 with 4498 viewsJ2BLUE

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:55 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

Yes, I've heard that from a number of sources, as have others. ME has also approached him twice in the past but not at times TM was able to take the job. I suspect now may be another similar moment.

Really surprised about that. Wow.

Do you think if we lose convincingly tomorrow it could be the end? Say 3-0.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:57 - Mar 16 with 4495 viewshype313

Blackburn better resourced? Thought they still had those poultry owners still in charge?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 4485 viewsJ2BLUE

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:57 - Mar 16 by hype313

Blackburn better resourced? Thought they still had those poultry owners still in charge?

Their transfer budget is two chicken drumsticks and a wing. Considerably more than ours.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:02 - Mar 16 with 4469 viewshomer_123

Mogga!? No chance Phil.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:02 - Mar 16 with 4479 viewsPhilTWTD

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:57 - Mar 16 by hype313

I suspect they have the wherewithal to fund a push onwards and upwards and, from what I gather, the club is being run in a more sane manner this season. Wasn't stating that as fact, just that it might not be easy to prise TM away.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:03 - Mar 16 with 4469 viewsPhilTWTD

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:56 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

Really surprised about that. Wow.

Do you think if we lose convincingly tomorrow it could be the end? Say 3-0.

I think matters will limp to the end of the season whatever happens.
Login to get fewer ads

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:11 - Mar 16 with 4432 viewsReuser_is_God

Mowbray just makes so much sense doesn’t it?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 4421 viewsGodBlue

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:03 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

This makes me really sad.

As I said somewhere yesterday, I see no one benefiting from this situation carrying on the way it's going. The damage that's being done to the relationship between the club and the fans (and the way it's dividing fans in a way I've never seen before too) is going to be far more costly in the long run than paying the management team off and making Nash or Klug (or anyone) caretaker manager for a couple of months.

It just makes no sense to me, whichever angle I try and look at it from.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:17 - Mar 16 with 4409 viewshype313

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:02 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

I suspect they have the wherewithal to fund a push onwards and upwards and, from what I gather, the club is being run in a more sane manner this season. Wasn't stating that as fact, just that it might not be easy to prise TM away.

So they aren't running the club on a wing and a prayer, whilst not ruffling too many feathers.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 13:18]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 4399 viewsgordon

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:14 - Mar 16 by GodBlue

This makes me really sad.

As I said somewhere yesterday, I see no one benefiting from this situation carrying on the way it's going. The damage that's being done to the relationship between the club and the fans (and the way it's dividing fans in a way I've never seen before too) is going to be far more costly in the long run than paying the management team off and making Nash or Klug (or anyone) caretaker manager for a couple of months.

It just makes no sense to me, whichever angle I try and look at it from.

Yeah, agreed, there's no sense to what's happening now.

The club is safe, let's make Klug or Nash caretaker, say thanks to those players who obviously aren't going to be here next season like Gleeson, Bru, Iorfa, Celina and Caroyal, and let us have a few weeks of positivity and optimism.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:26 - Mar 16 with 4373 viewsPJH

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:19 - Mar 16 by gordon

Yeah, agreed, there's no sense to what's happening now.

The club is safe, let's make Klug or Nash caretaker, say thanks to those players who obviously aren't going to be here next season like Gleeson, Bru, Iorfa, Celina and Caroyal, and let us have a few weeks of positivity and optimism.

I think if he can stay fit Carayol should be here next season because in the minutes he has so far had he has looked very sharp and mostly a threat.
I know that he is only on a short term contract and if MM does leave whoever replaces him might not want Carayol but as is stands at the moment I think he is worth keeping.
Presumably Rowe will be back from his loan so that could make a difference.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:27 - Mar 16 with 4370 viewsPhilTWTD

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:17 - Mar 16 by hype313

So they aren't running the club on a wing and a prayer, whilst not ruffling too many feathers.

'I'm here all week, try the chicken".
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 4358 viewsIllinoisblue

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:03 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

and that, sadly, defines the latter half of Evans' time in charge. Just limp along, with no real plan. Just cross fingers and hope for the best.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 4316 viewsBlueyandCrazy

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:27 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

'I'm here all week, try the chicken".

Hmmmmm may be factors that can persuade Mogga to come.....

- previous times he was approached he would have been managing his other former clubs; Celtic and Boro....less of an attachment to Blackburn
- Blackburn haven't shown the loyalty / commitment to managers that Marcus Evans/Ipswich have, and indeed Boro also did (another reason he wouldn't leave them)
- Mrs Mogga is from Ipswich
- can't believe Blackburn's funding in the Championship will be significantly different from Ipswich's....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:43 - Mar 16 with 4309 viewsKieran_Knows

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:55 - Mar 16 by PhilTWTD

Interesting. Someone mentioned to me the other day that Mowbray was offered the job whilst Keane was still in charge (towards the end of his time), but wouldn't talk to Evans until Keane had been sacked as he didn't feel it was fair on RK.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:45 - Mar 16 with 4302 viewsPJH

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:43 - Mar 16 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting. Someone mentioned to me the other day that Mowbray was offered the job whilst Keane was still in charge (towards the end of his time), but wouldn't talk to Evans until Keane had been sacked as he didn't feel it was fair on RK.

Pity RK did not think the same when Jimbo was here.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:00 - Mar 16 with 4255 viewshoppy

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:17 - Mar 16 by hype313

And haven't been accused of FInancial Fowl Play either.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:02 - Mar 16 with 4249 viewsPlums

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 13:41 - Mar 16 by BlueyandCrazy

Hmmmmm may be factors that can persuade Mogga to come.....

- previous times he was approached he would have been managing his other former clubs; Celtic and Boro....less of an attachment to Blackburn
- Blackburn haven't shown the loyalty / commitment to managers that Marcus Evans/Ipswich have, and indeed Boro also did (another reason he wouldn't leave them)
- Mrs Mogga is from Ipswich
- can't believe Blackburn's funding in the Championship will be significantly different from Ipswich's....

Town fans calling ceasefire on Mick and actively promoting Mogga instead.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:02 - Mar 16 with 4251 viewsmarcus1642

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 12:52 - Mar 16 by SWGF

Really?

Tony Mowbray should have been appointed full time manager back in 2002. Instead we got Joe Royle.

And the rest is ancient history. But I would welcome mogga back with open arms.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:22 - Mar 16 with 4215 viewsLord_Lucan

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:02 - Mar 16 by marcus1642

Tony Mowbray should have been appointed full time manager back in 2002. Instead we got Joe Royle.

And the rest is ancient history. But I would welcome mogga back with open arms.

Joe Royle was a great manager, I enjoyed some triffic times under his leadership.

My only criticism is that I think his Man C dispute got in the way at an important time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:25 - Mar 16 with 4206 viewsPJH

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:22 - Mar 16 by Lord_Lucan

Joe Royle was a great manager, I enjoyed some triffic times under his leadership.

My only criticism is that I think his Man C dispute got in the way at an important time.

I agree with all that, I thought BFJ was very good for us.
Only thing that stopped his time with us being close to perfect in my view was injury to Kuqi and no money to sort out an adequate replacement.
My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:28 - Mar 16 with 4197 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see 'schism' is your new word.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:30 - Mar 16 with 4196 viewsLord_Lucan

My Weekly Colchester Gazette Column on 14:25 - Mar 16 by PJH

I agree with all that, I thought BFJ was very good for us.
Only thing that stopped his time with us being close to perfect in my view was injury to Kuqi and no money to sort out an adequate replacement.

Yes, Kuqi was the key.

I remember going to Wigan away, we took about 7000 from memory, had a cracking day out. Blinding.

Not sure if it was when Kuqi was out, or he came back to early - or something or other but yes, the loss of Kuqi was a big deal.

I can remember Bulbeck and his merry men constantly saying Kuqi was useless, oh what I would give to have him now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024