Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) 14:06 - Apr 4 with 8516 viewskizaitfc

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 3157 viewsWestover

Nice man sad news RIP
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 16:36 - Apr 4 with 3102 viewsHeathlander

That is very sad news. Ray Wilkins was one of the greats when I was growing up. An England international, quality footballer and a really nice guy. He was also a very good pundit who always talked a lot of sense. He was brilliant on the Tango adverts too. 'The lads a Frenchman Ralph'.

Another part of my childhood has gone. RIP Butch.
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 3092 viewsLord_Lucan

This has upset me more than it should.

Brilliant man who suffered a bit with the demon and never seemed to fully get over his bypass.

Always had a soft spot for Ipswich and at the risk of repeating what I have linked to before here is Ray standing his ground with some angry Millwall fans and not calling them imbeciles.

A class act.

RIP Butch
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:08]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:13 - Apr 4 with 3068 viewsGlasgowBlue

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:05 - Apr 4 by Lord_Lucan

Brilliant man who suffered a bit with the demon and never seemed to fully get over his bypass.

Always had a soft spot for Ipswich and at the risk of repeating what I have linked to before here is Ray standing his ground with some angry Millwall fans and not calling them imbeciles.

A class act.

RIP Butch

A proper chap. Complete class when confronted by w@nkers. R.I.P. Mr Wilkins.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:32 - Apr 4 with 3043 viewsSE1blue

Very shocking news.

I sat opposite him on the tube a couple of weeks ago. Thoroughly nice bloke by all accounts.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:39 - Apr 4 with 3032 viewsDeano69

I love this...

Should have taken that in his teeth - lol.

RIP Butch legend

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 18:15 - Apr 4 with 3011 viewsgt81

Stunned really, always seemed a gentleman.

Rest in peace Ray.
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 18:33 - Apr 4 with 2996 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 17:05 - Apr 4 by Lord_Lucan

A class act.

RIP Butch

You have to respect that.....61......hells teeth.....really need to get that will done (or get married).......#streamofcosciousness!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 19:32 - Apr 4 with 2957 viewsbluejake78

Absolute spoilt my day....b*gger.RIP
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 20:56 - Apr 4 with 2925 viewsLower_North

Absolutely gutted by this .He was bang in the zone for me late 70,s early 80’s.Softly spoken and a true gent. How many pundits can you say about that?

In my mind should’ve been awarded for his services.

In the words of Andy Gray (not than he can) Take a bow son, take a bow..)
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 21:11 - Apr 4 with 2910 viewspatrickswell

Always remember him pulling the strings in that excellent QPR side of the early 90s. From an Ipswich perspective, the memories of the Burley era at its most contented get stirred whenever he and Nigel Spackman were pundits on our SKY games. Without fail, Wilkins would always call us the best footballing side outside the Premier League.

Hope that he and Cyrille Regis are looking down and enjoying tonight’s games alongside Sir Bobby, Bobby Ferguson and Colin Harper.

RIP.
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 22:39 - Apr 4 with 2879 viewsconnorscontract

Very sad news.

For the younger fans wondering what is oldies are going on about, Wilkins was an extremely classy and "wise before his years" box to box midfielder with passing range and a great engine. The more recent player I would compare him to would be Roy Keane, he could be strong and pull the team with him but without the "about to lose it" edge of Keane.

Sir Bobby rated him very highly, which is all Ipswich fans need as a recommendation.

Very, very sad news.
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 23:58 - Apr 4 with 2851 viewsRyorry

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 22:39 - Apr 4 by connorscontract

Very sad news.

For the younger fans wondering what is oldies are going on about, Wilkins was an extremely classy and "wise before his years" box to box midfielder with passing range and a great engine. The more recent player I would compare him to would be Roy Keane, he could be strong and pull the team with him but without the "about to lose it" edge of Keane.

Sir Bobby rated him very highly, which is all Ipswich fans need as a recommendation.

Very, very sad news.

Captained Chelsea when he was still a teenager, according to BBC 10pm news.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 00:27 - Apr 5 with 2833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Came across as a thoroughly decent chap on sky sports news

RIP

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 07:44 - Apr 5 with 2795 viewsMJallday

lovely chap by all accounts. the gesture by franco baresi last night was symbolic of how he was regarded by his teammates by abroad and here. in fact for an italian club to do that for an english player is actually quite a thing.

sad news indeed.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 11:56 - Apr 5 with 2755 viewsRyorry

I wondered why he was nicknamed 'Butch', so had a wee google -

"An apprentice at Stamford Bridge as a youngster, Wilkins made his debut with Chelsea in 1973.
Rapid success followed for the former midfielder, whose image saw him become a regular pin-up in teen magazines.

Wilkins was then given his nickname 'Butch' in regards to his not-so butch dress sense, as he often appeared in flamboyant clothing and outfits."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ray-wilkins-nicknamed-butch-former-

Poll: Time of the annunciation

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 12:33 - Apr 5 with 2737 viewsbluejake78

Would of loved him at Town.Older than me but he had class and delivered..2 flying Dutchmen and Butch ...we would of mopped up cups.
RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 13:35 - Apr 5 with 2720 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Ray Wilkins (n/t) on 12:33 - Apr 5 by bluejake78

Would of loved him at Town.Older than me but he had class and delivered..2 flying Dutchmen and Butch ...we would of mopped up cups.

I didn't know we were interested in Wilkins until recently. I knew that we were interested in Jennings and Shilton with Jennings almost signing on the dotted.

I know it's all ifs and buts but can you imagine our team at the time with Wilkins and Jennings in it?

WTF!!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024