Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
News commenters versus forum contributers. 14:05 - Apr 6 with 7508 viewsMattinLondon

A few people write rubbish on the news sections cue blanket put downs from some on the forum.

It’s all a bit pathetic really - some don’t want to go the forum simply because there is a lot more people ready to snipe angrily at their comments. I wouldn’t be surprised if Phil has more trouble with the forum in terms of abuse compared to the news section.

And some don’t wish to comment on the news sections simply because there’s some who post rubbish within seconds of a new story appearing. For example the recent story regarding JK attracted rubbish within a few minutes.

The news and forum are all part of the some site - is there any need for some to try and create some sort of divide.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 14:07]
News commenters versus forum contributers: The stuff of idiots. on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 3991 viewsSpruceMoose

As an elder forum leader, and to be honest, a major box office poster, I would be happy to sit down and discuss this with you further. I presume you are the leader the oiks in the News Comment section nominated to request an audience with us?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 3988 viewsSteve_M

I'm sure this thread is about to go well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:08 - Apr 6 with 3974 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:07 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

I'm sure this thread is about to go well.

You have to admire their pluck.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:10 - Apr 6 with 3956 viewsHarryWright

I see what you mean, there are many on here that will call you 'morons' or 'idiots' just because you don't see things through their blue tinted glasses.
News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:11 - Apr 6 with 3953 viewsSwailsey

What is this forum you speak of?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:13 - Apr 6 with 3934 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:10 - Apr 6 by HarryWright

I see what you mean, there are many on here that will call you 'morons' or 'idiots' just because you don't see things through their blue tinted glasses.

The other view on that is that only morons and idiots get called morons or idiots. Therefore, if you don't want to be called a moron or an idiot, try not to say moronic or idiotic things!

Many posters achieve it. I don't think Lucan has ever been called a moron, or HarryfromBath, or Cottty, or J2.

I may have been labelled a moron once or twice though, which is fair.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:14 - Apr 6 with 3931 viewsSwailsey

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:13 - Apr 6 by SpruceMoose

The other view on that is that only morons and idiots get called morons or idiots. Therefore, if you don't want to be called a moron or an idiot, try not to say moronic or idiotic things!

Many posters achieve it. I don't think Lucan has ever been called a moron, or HarryfromBath, or Cottty, or J2.

No, they were saying "More on your investment opportunities"

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:15 - Apr 6 with 3918 viewsHerbivore

Stop trying to create division.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:16 - Apr 6 with 3913 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:14 - Apr 6 by Swailsey

No, they were saying "More on your investment opportunities"

Then they were the morons and idiots.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:21 - Apr 6 with 3895 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have seen the term bandied about when people have simply disagreed with an opinion or (deliberately or not) misinterpreted what has been written.

That said, many news comments appear to be trolling or written by people whose views would struggle to be backed up in discussion.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 3884 viewsLord_Lucan

Before you go back can you grab a couple off here and take them with you?

I’ll PM you their names.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 3871 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:21 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have seen the term bandied about when people have simply disagreed with an opinion or (deliberately or not) misinterpreted what has been written.

That said, many news comments appear to be trolling or written by people whose views would struggle to be backed up in discussion.

If people are too scared to come onto the forum because someone might call them an idiot then we don't need the likes of them around these parts.

Coming onto the forum is like arriving at prison. Their very first post needs to take aim at a Glassers, or a Facters, or a Rommers. Come in and go straight after a forum giant. Come out swinging. That's how you win a place in our hearts.

All we want is to be entertained.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 3868 viewsartsbossbeard

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:24 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

Before you go back can you grab a couple off here and take them with you?

I’ll PM you their names.

We could have a loan system.

Top performing news commenters could come over here for a couple of weeks to see how they get on and a couple go the other way.

I like the idea of simply writing a load of drivel that is represented as fact and not attempting any debate on it.

*goes over*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 3869 viewsJ2BLUE

Cotty, Lucan and Harry are all morons.

AND NOW I STAND ALONE, HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:28 - Apr 6 with 3860 viewsHeathlander

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 by SpruceMoose

If people are too scared to come onto the forum because someone might call them an idiot then we don't need the likes of them around these parts.

Coming onto the forum is like arriving at prison. Their very first post needs to take aim at a Glassers, or a Facters, or a Rommers. Come in and go straight after a forum giant. Come out swinging. That's how you win a place in our hearts.

All we want is to be entertained.

A Rommers?

Bless ya moose. It's us older generation of Forum Top Lads they need to win the approval of.

We leave the nitty gritty and foot work to you young'uns these days.
News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:29 - Apr 6 with 3845 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

You stood alone before, thanks the the noxious gas seeping from your underwear as a result of your diet.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:29 - Apr 6 with 3849 viewsLord_Lucan

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

We could have a loan system.

Top performing news commenters could come over here for a couple of weeks to see how they get on and a couple go the other way.

I like the idea of simply writing a load of drivel that is represented as fact and not attempting any debate on it.

*goes over*

Apparently a few have literally just jumped ship and gone over there as they have just announced a maximum 2 foreigner rule.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:31 - Apr 6 with 3825 viewsartsbossbeard

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:29 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

Apparently a few have literally just jumped ship and gone over there as they have just announced a maximum 2 foreigner rule.

I'm getting Smashy & Nicey "I quit!!" press conference vibes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:31 - Apr 6 with 3829 viewsNthsuffolkblue

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:26 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

You, Sir, are a moron!

Didn't see it coming did you?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:33 - Apr 6 with 3811 viewsJ2BLUE

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:31 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

You, Sir, are a moron!

Didn't see it coming did you?

You have bested me this time...but I shall have my revenge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 3787 viewsSpruceMoose

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:28 - Apr 6 by Heathlander

A Rommers?

Bless ya moose. It's us older generation of Forum Top Lads they need to win the approval of.

We leave the nitty gritty and foot work to you young'uns these days.

Well naturally, as with most organised crime, the top bosses are insulated from too much heat.

Thought this one was way below your paygrade, sir.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:50 - Apr 6 with 3723 viewsFrimleyBlue

Difference

Post a view people don't agree with, a discussion can happen on the new storie comments

post a view on the forum people don't agree with, you're upset, told to get the blankets out and no discussion takes place

The forum is pretty much a pro discussion group. any other thoughts are not welcome or discussed

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:51 - Apr 6 with 3713 viewsPinewoodblue

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:35 - Apr 6 by SpruceMoose

Well naturally, as with most organised crime, the top bosses are insulated from too much heat.

Thought this one was way below your paygrade, sir.

Perhaps only Grade 4 and above should be allowed on the ?Forum, others can stay on the news comments page.

This post has been approved for publication by a grade 6 bar steward.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 3706 viewsmonty_radio

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:21 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Even if that analysis contained some grain of truth - it takes all sorts. I don't think that unsubstantiated opinion automatically equals trolling. In a ten set school year debate generally gets more clipped as you move away from school-compiled top sets.

But it's not a crime to express yourself bluntly and perhaps, ipso facto, lacking in self-awareness. Each pub has a different feel, but here thare are just two bars - live and let live.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 3700 viewsHerbivore

News commenters versus forum contributers. on 14:50 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Difference

Post a view people don't agree with, a discussion can happen on the new storie comments

post a view on the forum people don't agree with, you're upset, told to get the blankets out and no discussion takes place

The forum is pretty much a pro discussion group. any other thoughts are not welcome or discussed

Ah bless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024