Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? 10:54 - Apr 16 with 5522 viewsHeathlander

How good is Josh Mayhew? Scored his 53rd goal of the season at the weekend. I am guessing he is good but HOW good?
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 5506 viewsimsureazzure

Yes I have watched them this season, he is a natural finisher, holds the ball up very well, finds space in the box.

Very very good.
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:03 - Apr 16 with 5470 viewsunbelievablue

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 10:58 - Apr 16 by imsureazzure

Yes I have watched them this season, he is a natural finisher, holds the ball up very well, finds space in the box.

Very very good.

Went to school with him. My year and in many of the same classes.

Absolutely ran rings around everyone in the playground, in PE, in School games and in Yoof football (he played for Woodbridge as a Yoof and I played for Ipswich Warriors). He has a ridiculous command of the ball with both feet and could glide past people with ease. Cracking finisher.

I just checked his Facebook and he's filled out and got even bloody taller, which can only have helped his game (he was always a strong enough lad but a bit slender - his only real weakness).

EDIT 1: no bias here, as I never really liked the bloke if I am honest.

EDIT 2: interestingly, Jordan Rhodes was at our School for a year or so too, and I never thought him as natural a player as Josh.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 11:04]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:05 - Apr 16 with 5449 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Very good footballer and lovely bloke as well.

Poll: Best Football Song

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:07 - Apr 16 with 5431 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah really good player.

I guess it’s a bit late for him to make it at pro level now though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:13 - Apr 16 with 5406 viewsportmanking

I've seen Stow 9-10 times this season and Mayhew is definitely a class act.

He's 6ft 4, uses his body well and is about as clinical as I've seen at non-league level.

From a selfish point of view, I hope he stays loyal to Stow and gives them one more year of service to try and get them out of the Thurlow Nunn. He's on a decent wage (£300 pw) so it'd have to be a big deal for another semi-pro club to match.
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:20 - Apr 16 with 5369 viewsITFC_Forever

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:13 - Apr 16 by portmanking

He's 6ft 4, uses his body well and is about as clinical as I've seen at non-league level.

From a selfish point of view, I hope he stays loyal to Stow and gives them one more year of service to try and get them out of the Thurlow Nunn. He's on a decent wage (£300 pw) so it'd have to be a big deal for another semi-pro club to match.

How old is he?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:22 - Apr 16 with 5354 viewsBluefish

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:13 - Apr 16 by portmanking

300 a week at stowmarket?? Are you sure? Seems way too high

I got 20 a game when I started at that level

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:24 - Apr 16 with 5339 viewsportmanking

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:22 - Apr 16 by Bluefish

100% kosher.

Club is backed by a farming family who sold a sizeable plot of land in a village a few miles out of town.
Login to get fewer ads

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 5336 viewshype313

Stowmarket are minted.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 5324 viewsunbelievablue

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:20 - Apr 16 by ITFC_Forever

How old is he?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 5323 viewsKieran_Knows

Hasn't he already been on trial here? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:30 - Apr 16 with 5289 viewsportmanking

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:25 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

Hasn't he already been on trial here? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You're thinking of Kieran Morphew of Needham.

I'm pretty confident that Mayhew will give it at least one more year at Stow, considering the upward curve of the club, his current deal and his age.
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:32 - Apr 16 with 5274 viewsCoco

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:25 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

If he can step up ala Vardy then age isn’t really an issue for a cheap punt

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:34 - Apr 16 with 5262 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:30 - Apr 16 by portmanking

I'm pretty confident that Mayhew will give it at least one more year at Stow, considering the upward curve of the club, his current deal and his age.

Off to Barnet apparently!

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:35 - Apr 16 with 5254 viewsKieran_Knows

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:30 - Apr 16 by portmanking

Ah that's the one!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:39 - Apr 16 with 5221 viewsportmanking

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:34 - Apr 16 by RoyKeanesDog

Off to Barnet apparently!

Who, Mayhew?!
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:45 - Apr 16 with 5194 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:39 - Apr 16 by portmanking

Who, Mayhew?!

Nobody, I'm just making stuff up.

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:46 - Apr 16 with 5193 viewsITFC_Forever

Wouldn't surprise me.

Non-league clubs seems to cycle through glory-chasing years when someone invests enormous sums in to a club before then withdrawing the dosh and the club going bust.

I know of Conference / Conference South level players who were earning £3k a week 15 years ago, and were turning down League clubs as they wouldn't have earned as much.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 5163 viewsclive_baker

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:46 - Apr 16 by ITFC_Forever

Wouldn't surprise me.

Non-league clubs seems to cycle through glory-chasing years when someone invests enormous sums in to a club before then withdrawing the dosh and the club going bust.

I know of Conference / Conference South level players who were earning £3k a week 15 years ago, and were turning down League clubs as they wouldn't have earned as much.

Almost certainly true. Rick Andrews has put a shed load of his own cash into the club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 12:00 - Apr 16 with 5135 viewsportmanking

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:52 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

Almost certainly true. Rick Andrews has put a shed load of his own cash into the club.

Yep he has, but not as much as the farming family from nearby.

The club are working hard to be self-sustainable in other ways. Getting 200+ crowds at this level is certainly a good start. Stow certainly have the potential to go up a couple of levels and compete in the same way Needham have.
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 12:36 - Apr 16 with 5029 viewsgreyhound

I watch regularly. The football stow play is really good. They came from behind to beat histon 2-1 last week with 9 men but we're still insisting on playing 2 or 3 up top even after it went level.

As for mayhew he is class at that level. He could be playing higher up the pyramid for sure. Scores a good variety of goals but as others have said he also has the ability to hold the ball up, bringing other players forward, this will normally be finished with him converting the move between 6 yards and 12.

Really hope he stays next year Rick seems to be getting the best out of him. Would love to see stow move up a division.

Stow also have a young town defender on loan who has been putting some good shifts in.
Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 13:46 - Apr 16 with 4876 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Nice goal he scored this season ...

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 14:06 - Apr 16 with 4802 viewsZedRodgers

Any of you lot watch Stowmarket Town? on 11:07 - Apr 16 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah really good player.

I guess it’s a bit late for him to make it at pro level now though.

ITFC let him go at 14

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024