Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst 18:37 - May 13 with 6487 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Is he out of the running now?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Paul Hurst on 18:39 - May 13 with 4666 viewswkj

I don't think so, I just think the fans and media have mostly decided to lean towards Ross, but I am sure Evans' is still following his self imposed protocol all the same

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Hurst on 18:40 - May 13 with 4650 viewsLankHenners

No, just means we'll have to wait longer before speaking to him if we still want to.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Paul Hurst on 18:42 - May 13 with 4628 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not by a long shot. But don’t think he is been spoken to until after Shrewsbury season finishes and Ross is being interviewed this week, hence more media coverage over Ross. Also saw that Evans is weary of level Ross has been managing at, whilst Hurst is only one league.

Won’t be an announcement until early June I’d imagine. After play off final.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Paul Hurst on 18:42 - May 13 with 4619 viewsgtsb

Absolutely not. Imagine the wage difference. We are all human.
Paul Hurst on 19:08 - May 13 with 4478 viewsghostofescobar

Paul Hurst on 18:42 - May 13 by gtsb

Absolutely not. Imagine the wage difference. We are all human.

That's a very good point actually. What was MM on? Was it £1mill a year or have I made that up? What is Hurst on currently, maybe £100k a year?

GhostOfEscobar

Paul Hurst on 19:33 - May 13 with 4361 viewsJ2BLUE

If JR dazzles ME in his second interview i'm hoping it will be game over. Get him in and let him get to work.

Unfair on St Mirren to let it drag on as well. If we take their manager at the end of the month they are starting a manager search in June.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Hurst on 20:01 - May 13 with 4240 viewswkj

Paul Hurst on 19:33 - May 13 by J2BLUE

If JR dazzles ME in his second interview i'm hoping it will be game over. Get him in and let him get to work.

Unfair on St Mirren to let it drag on as well. If we take their manager at the end of the month they are starting a manager search in June.

J2 is a spanner
[Post edited 13 May 2018 20:25]

Paul Hurst on 20:06 - May 13 with 4197 viewsJ2BLUE

Paul Hurst on 20:01 - May 13 by wkj

J2 is a spanner

JR has had 36 games at St Mirren just this season. Where does 35 come from? He joined them in October 2016.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst on 20:07 - May 13 with 4181 viewsclive_baker

Paul Hurst on 20:01 - May 13 by wkj

J2 is a spanner

Gotta be Tim Sherwood. If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 59% win ratio is second to none.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paul Hurst on 20:12 - May 13 with 4152 viewswkj

Paul Hurst on 20:06 - May 13 by J2BLUE

JR has had 36 games at St Mirren just this season. Where does 35 come from? He joined them in October 2016.

Let me work on this, it seems my source is not great, or im getting figures from a cached website

Paul Hurst on 20:13 - May 13 with 4145 viewsJ2BLUE

Paul Hurst on 20:12 - May 13 by wkj

Let me work on this, it seems my source is not great, or im getting figures from a cached website

You're a disgrace lad.

Also win percentage is awful. Points per game much better. Have the report on the forum by 6am tomorrow. Colour coded.

Truly impaired.

Paul Hurst on 20:25 - May 13 with 4102 viewswkj

Paul Hurst on 20:13 - May 13 by J2BLUE

You're a disgrace lad.

Also win percentage is awful. Points per game much better. Have the report on the forum by 6am tomorrow. Colour coded.

I am so torn on this one, Hurst's CV has been REALLY good; I actually made a quick spread sheet to see all of the manager's stats side by side- and the numbers really to lean towards Hurst. Warburton has done a good job too, but Hurst has had some almighty challenges to get the Win % he got with Grimsby and the shrews.

if the image renders too small for you the direct link to imgur is https://imgur.com/a/nSlEG7d

*warning These are wikipedia figures so, but in my attempt trying to avoid that, the other website was massively inaccurate*
[Post edited 13 May 2018 20:26]

Paul Hurst on 20:28 - May 13 with 4068 viewskingcarloss

He has previously said that he cannot guarantee he'll be at Shrewsbury even if they were promoted. So watch this space.

Poll: Forget old club connections, or one of our own, who would you prefer with Skuse.

Paul Hurst on 20:34 - May 13 with 4034 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst on 20:25 - May 13 by wkj

I am so torn on this one, Hurst's CV has been REALLY good; I actually made a quick spread sheet to see all of the manager's stats side by side- and the numbers really to lean towards Hurst. Warburton has done a good job too, but Hurst has had some almighty challenges to get the Win % he got with Grimsby and the shrews.

if the image renders too small for you the direct link to imgur is https://imgur.com/a/nSlEG7d

*warning These are wikipedia figures so, but in my attempt trying to avoid that, the other website was massively inaccurate*
[Post edited 13 May 2018 20:26]

I love that you’re letting your freak flag fly!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Hurst on 20:36 - May 13 with 4026 viewsLord_Lucan

Paul Hurst on 19:08 - May 13 by ghostofescobar

That's a very good point actually. What was MM on? Was it £1mill a year or have I made that up? What is Hurst on currently, maybe £100k a year?

No Idea, I would imagine Hurst would be on £100k - £150k but that's a guess.

Ross probably on about £75k?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Paul Hurst on 20:38 - May 13 with 4012 viewswkj

Paul Hurst on 20:34 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

I love that you’re letting your freak flag fly!

I love that you're my right hand man, we make a great couple of sad Cs

Paul Hurst on 20:39 - May 13 with 4017 viewsSomethingBlue

Might depend on whether we have a solid indication that he will be allowed to — and want to — talk to us straight after the play-off final. But time is ticking and, among other things, I imagine St Mirren would quite like to know whether they have a manager or not. My instinct on Hurst for our job isn't particularly good, actually, and I'm not particularly fussed about us going after him. That's not the same as saying he hasn't done a brilliant job at Shrewsbury.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Paul Hurst on 20:39 - May 13 with 4009 viewsfooters

Just a point of order that contracts in Scotland run until this end of this month, not June, so that extra couple of weeks could prove tricky if we want Ross.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Hurst on 20:44 - May 13 with 3976 viewsbrogansnose

Paul Hurst on 20:39 - May 13 by SomethingBlue

Might depend on whether we have a solid indication that he will be allowed to — and want to — talk to us straight after the play-off final. But time is ticking and, among other things, I imagine St Mirren would quite like to know whether they have a manager or not. My instinct on Hurst for our job isn't particularly good, actually, and I'm not particularly fussed about us going after him. That's not the same as saying he hasn't done a brilliant job at Shrewsbury.

What are your thoughts about Ross SB ?

Got to say, I'm sold on the bloke and this two weeks isn't going to do anyone any favours in lots of different ways.
Paul Hurst on 20:44 - May 13 with 3973 viewsjas0999

No.
Paul Hurst on 20:46 - May 13 with 3963 viewsSomethingBlue

Paul Hurst on 20:44 - May 13 by brogansnose

Got to say, I'm sold on the bloke and this two weeks isn't going to do anyone any favours in lots of different ways.

I don't know his work first-hand but people with better insight than me speak very highly and I like everything I've seen/heard from him. Instinctively I'd be happy for us to go with him, of all the candidates who've been mentioned seriously in the last week or two. It would be a gamble but might also energise the place beyond measure.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Paul Hurst on 20:54 - May 13 with 3927 viewsLord_Lucan

Paul Hurst on 20:44 - May 13 by brogansnose

Could end up with neither.

I'm thinking ME will have to sound him out via the back door or just go for Ross - presuming no one else is in the frame still.

Who knows?

My pure piece of guesswork says we might offer Ross the job this week

Agonising isn't it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Paul Hurst on 20:54 - May 13 with 3922 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst on 20:38 - May 13 by wkj

I love that you're my right hand man, we make a great couple of sad Cs

I would kill for you. Just let me at them. Who am I going after? The only one I wouldn't kill is Harry.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Hurst on 20:57 - May 13 with 3907 viewswkj

Paul Hurst on 20:54 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

I would kill for you. Just let me at them. Who am I going after? The only one I wouldn't kill is Harry.

He who must not be named (as responsible for cooking our eggs)

Paul Hurst on 20:58 - May 13 with 3900 viewsbrogansnose

Paul Hurst on 20:46 - May 13 by SomethingBlue

I don't know his work first-hand but people with better insight than me speak very highly and I like everything I've seen/heard from him. Instinctively I'd be happy for us to go with him, of all the candidates who've been mentioned seriously in the last week or two. It would be a gamble but might also energise the place beyond measure.

If we are to go down the young up coming manager route then it will inevitably be a bigger gamble than a tried and tested manager but, to me, its a gamble we need to take.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024