Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My two pennies worth. 14:04 - May 25 with 6601 viewsCoco

It will be Hurst and was always going to be Hurst. Evans always knew the timescales to get his man as it was always going to be after the play-offs — which is why he clearly stipulated it in his interview. He has simply shown enormous respect to Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury fans and Paul Hurst which is the ‘Ipswich way’. The host of interviews is simply a due diligence process to re-enforce/change his belief that Hurst is the man for the job. Lampard and Ross were very, very impressive and were being kept front of mind for the job should there be an issue with Paul. Evans has had reassurance since the start of this process that Paul his 100% interested and unless he turns up drunk and talks like a blithering idiot the gig is his. Frank Lampard was the closest to changing Evans’ mind and Ross not far behind (Scott Parker also deserves a mention). Evans has always wanted Hurst.

Anyone who thinks Evans’ doesn’t know what he wants or isn’t ruthless doesn’t have a clue. Hurst has been watched all season. The respect he has shown to Shrewsbury won’t go unnoticed just wait and see. Will Hurst want to join? Imagine a warm summers day, a stroll past Sir Bob and then Sir Alf, through to the old office adorned with real history and familiar names and then the view out onto the 30k seater stadium. Paul Hurst is hugely flattered to be wanted by Town and will be HUGELY proud and honoured to be manager. Will he want to join? You better believe it.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

My two pennies worth. on 14:06 - May 25 with 5103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said that man.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My two pennies worth. on 14:06 - May 25 with 5102 viewswkj

I dunno, I still think it'll be Jack Ross... just you wait

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My two pennies worth. on 14:32 - May 25 with 5010 viewsDanFord

My two pennies worth. on 14:06 - May 25 by wkj

I really don't think we are going to wait another two years.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

My two pennies worth. on 14:36 - May 25 with 4990 viewsLord_Lucan

Sorry but that is absolute b0llocks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My two pennies worth. on 14:51 - May 25 with 4942 viewspointofblue

My two pennies worth. on 14:32 - May 25 by DanFord

I really don't think we are going to wait another two years.

The way Sunderland go through managers we'll probably only have to wait six months.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My two pennies worth. on 14:54 - May 25 with 4931 viewsusm

My two pennies worth. on 14:36 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Balls

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

My two pennies worth. on 14:54 - May 25 with 4934 viewsLeoMuff

My two pennies worth. on 14:36 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

You put Hurst below Shefki and Parker, so excuse us while we ignore your opinion and lap up these noble sentiments.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

My two pennies worth. on 15:16 - May 25 with 4891 viewsLord_Lucan

My two pennies worth. on 14:54 - May 25 by LeoMuff

You put Hurst below Shefki and Parker, so excuse us while we ignore your opinion and lap up these noble sentiments.

It wasn't the sentiments I was knocking.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

My two pennies worth. on 15:23 - May 25 with 4870 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think that has been the case, and I think Hurst was always someone that Evans wanted to speak to as a highly regarded candidate - but he was blown away by Ross.

The big shame for me is that Hurst is now effectively interviewing against himself, we'll never know who was the preferred candidate out of him or Ross as they were never head to head effectively.

But think Hurst is a very good appointment, and Evans just needs to make sure he gets it over the line or he'd have totally ballsed this up!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My two pennies worth. on 15:26 - May 25 with 4852 viewsDanFord

My two pennies worth. on 15:23 - May 25 by itfcjoe

I don't think that has been the case, and I think Hurst was always someone that Evans wanted to speak to as a highly regarded candidate - but he was blown away by Ross.

The big shame for me is that Hurst is now effectively interviewing against himself, we'll never know who was the preferred candidate out of him or Ross as they were never head to head effectively.

But think Hurst is a very good appointment, and Evans just needs to make sure he gets it over the line or he'd have totally ballsed this up!

Where are you getting all this 'blown away by Ross' stuff? Phil and Stuart Watson both seem happy that Ross impressed but wasn't offered anything. If Ross blew Evans away then it's because he was even more impressive than Evans expected Hurst to be, otherwise he'd have merely been impressed - as is reported. Evans didn't decide Ross was the one for him but then decide to speak with Hurst anyway. He clearly liked Ross a lot but expected to like Hurst more. It's not helpful to just invent stuff like Evans having his heart set on Ross. He clearly didn't!

My two pennies worth. on 15:35 - May 25 with 4822 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 15:26 - May 25 by DanFord

Where are you getting all this 'blown away by Ross' stuff? Phil and Stuart Watson both seem happy that Ross impressed but wasn't offered anything. If Ross blew Evans away then it's because he was even more impressive than Evans expected Hurst to be, otherwise he'd have merely been impressed - as is reported. Evans didn't decide Ross was the one for him but then decide to speak with Hurst anyway. He clearly liked Ross a lot but expected to like Hurst more. It's not helpful to just invent stuff like Evans having his heart set on Ross. He clearly didn't!

Ross was the leading candidate after his interviews, but Evans wanted to speak to Hurst too. It was expected from the people I speak to that Ross was going to get the job.

My two pennies worth. on 15:40 - May 25 with 4794 viewsWestSussexBlue

I hope you’re right with this.
It’s a long way from certain though and I’d still not rule out Hurst declining the offer.
My two pennies worth. on 15:42 - May 25 with 4779 viewsFreddy

My two pennies worth. on 15:35 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Ross was the leading candidate after his interviews, but Evans wanted to speak to Hurst too. It was expected from the people I speak to that Ross was going to get the job.

I also think Ross was the man but Evans wanted to wait until Monday to speak to Hurst. I don't see Hurst leaving fs they get promoted as he'll be offered a new deal and would relish the challenge
My two pennies worth. on 15:45 - May 25 with 4765 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 15:42 - May 25 by Freddy

I also think Ross was the man but Evans wanted to wait until Monday to speak to Hurst. I don't see Hurst leaving fs they get promoted as he'll be offered a new deal and would relish the challenge

Hopefully Hurst will leave, if we weren't more confident that he wanted the job losing Ross will surely have made Evans try and get as strong a guarantee as he could do that he will!

My two pennies worth. on 15:48 - May 25 with 4740 viewsHeathlander

My two pennies worth. on 15:42 - May 25 by Freddy

I think Hurst will leave regardless of the result. trying to keep Shrewsbury in the Championship on a quarter of the budget of Burton is not an easy job. get relegated and his star fades a little. I think he will move while his star is shining brightly. also we will pay him a lot more than the Shrews will regardless of what division they are in. He may be nicked by someone else like Derby but he will leave Shrews for certain.
My two pennies worth. on 16:04 - May 25 with 4687 viewsDanFord

No he was the leading candidate from those that we had spoken to but quite clearly was still likely to be lower in Evans opinion than Hurst by the very fact we wanted to wait. You honestly think Evans had no idea that Sunderland were talking to Ross. Quite clearly Ross or his people would have told Evans because you may then be offered something, potentially even more, if you are the guy. Evans at no time has rated Ross above Hurst. He's rated him highly when speaking to him but specifically gave an interview stating late May / early June because he clearly wanted Hurst and knew that would be the earliest we could get him. In the meantime he's been speaking with other good candidates as a continguency plan to Hurst saying no, as you'd expect. If Ross ever 'blew Evans away' he'd have made him an offer. That's obvious.

My two pennies worth. on 16:15 - May 25 with 4655 viewsVic

Agree with your first post Joe, and don’t like to question your contacts in the club, but ...! If he was truly blown away by him and was going to appointment him then why even wait to interview Hurst? I’ve no doubt that his was hugely surprised and impressed by what he heard and saw in Ross, and it probably made him have second thoughts that Hurst was his man. But I can’t believe that if he was ready to appoint Ross he wouldn’t have stepped in and upped the anti when he heard Sunderland were in for him.

I don’t think he’ll love any sleep over having to go back to plan A. All I’m reading about Hurst makes him an outstanding candidate for the ITFC position.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

My two pennies worth. on 16:16 - May 25 with 4649 viewsLord_Lucan

My two pennies worth. on 16:04 - May 25 by DanFord

No he was the leading candidate from those that we had spoken to but quite clearly was still likely to be lower in Evans opinion than Hurst by the very fact we wanted to wait. You honestly think Evans had no idea that Sunderland were talking to Ross. Quite clearly Ross or his people would have told Evans because you may then be offered something, potentially even more, if you are the guy. Evans at no time has rated Ross above Hurst. He's rated him highly when speaking to him but specifically gave an interview stating late May / early June because he clearly wanted Hurst and knew that would be the earliest we could get him. In the meantime he's been speaking with other good candidates as a continguency plan to Hurst saying no, as you'd expect. If Ross ever 'blew Evans away' he'd have made him an offer. That's obvious.

Sorry but you are wrong, ME fecked up and he would turn the clocks back in an instance.

Evans got screwed, completely done over, he could have settled it before Sunderland were an option. It is now obvious that Sunderland had tapped Ross up but not until after we could have give the bloody pen to him. This is why I'm annoyed, in fact I'm really p1ssed off about the whole thing.

Joe is correct, Joe knows his onions.

My two pennies worth. on 16:19 - May 25 with 4625 viewsDanFord

My two pennies worth. on 16:16 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry but you are wrong, ME fecked up and he would turn the clocks back in an instance.

Evans got screwed, completely done over, he could have settled it before Sunderland were an option. It is now obvious that Sunderland had tapped Ross up but not until after we could have give the bloody pen to him. This is why I'm annoyed, in fact I'm really p1ssed off about the whole thing.

Joe has had two huge flounces this week and while he has previously been reliable in terms of the youth team stuff, Phil and Stuart Watson seem to be pretty solid in suggesting that Hurst is the top target, Ross impressed and no offer was made. However, you are missing the biggest and most obvious point that if Ross was REALLY that interested in coming here, he'd have made us aware of the Sunderland interest to see what we were going to offer. We didn't offer anything. That tells you what you need to know.

My two pennies worth. on 16:30 - May 25 with 4593 viewsPinewoodblue

My two pennies worth. on 15:23 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Have a feeling Evans is still trying to decide on a third option should Hurst says no thank you.

Getting Shrewsbury promoted to a level they haven't played at for the first time in almost 30 years would be remarkable achievement, John Duncan was the last Ipswich Manager to face the Shrews in a league game.

Skybet have Hurst at 4/7 on not a price you would expect to see if he was a dead cert for the job.

Ross would have been a more exciting appointment but Hurst also seems a safe pair of hands. The only downside is he isn't going to be on the job quick enough. Half the championship sides have already announced who is being allowed to leave plus some Premier League sides.

Don't be surprised if Sunderland quickly go for Cargill, released by Bournemouth, spent last season on loan at Partick Thistle.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My two pennies worth. on 16:31 - May 25 with 4581 viewsBerkshire_Blue

My two pennies worth. on 14:06 - May 25 by wkj

Ross just joined Sunderland
My two pennies worth. on 16:45 - May 25 with 4558 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 16:04 - May 25 by DanFord

Ross was leading the race, I've been told that by enough people connected to believe it.

Even Phil has stated that on here and you are holding him and Stu up as the informed guys, maybe read his posts?

The late May early June was with regards to play offs, clearly, but how did he know Hurst would make the final? In an ideal world for Evans the Shrews would have been knocked out and he coyuld have interviewed both and made his mind up. Sunderland have now made his mind up.

Evans wasn't aware of Sunderland and Ross, that caught everyone out - fair play to them for getting their man. Hopfully hurst works out here too, even though I preferred Ross I think hurst a good candidate (similar to Evans.....!)

My two pennies worth. on 16:45 - May 25 with 4557 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

My two pennies worth. on 14:51 - May 25 by pointofblue

The way Sunderland go through managers we'll probably only have to wait six months.

He'll probably manage a stint at Derby first
My two pennies worth. on 16:46 - May 25 with 4556 viewsitfcjoe

My two pennies worth. on 16:15 - May 25 by Vic

Agree with your first post Joe, and don’t like to question your contacts in the club, but ...! If he was truly blown away by him and was going to appointment him then why even wait to interview Hurst? I’ve no doubt that his was hugely surprised and impressed by what he heard and saw in Ross, and it probably made him have second thoughts that Hurst was his man. But I can’t believe that if he was ready to appoint Ross he wouldn’t have stepped in and upped the anti when he heard Sunderland were in for him.

I don’t think he’ll love any sleep over having to go back to plan A. All I’m reading about Hurst makes him an outstanding candidate for the ITFC position.

I agree with 2nd paragraph - but with regards to first I think ME thought he could have his cake and eat it. The Sunderland approach completely caught him out as it did St Mirren too....and why Sunderland have had to pay increased compensation

My two pennies worth. on 16:48 - May 25 with 4551 viewsmanchego

My two pennies worth. on 16:16 - May 25 by Lord_Lucan

I think ME wants Hurst more than Ross.
Otherwise, he would have offered him the job a couple of weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024