Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shall we mention Fulham? 23:47 - May 26 with 5852 viewsstrikalite

Deserved it...

Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:49 - May 26 with 4947 viewsGodzilla

As one of their players pointed out at the end it was a win for football - he was right they play in a way we should aspire to ASAP.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:55 - May 26 with 4914 viewsBluefish

Bigger club than Ipswich?

I always find it interesting that some supporters think we should be promoted. We are not in the top 30 clubs in the country. YES I want us to overachieve but we have no right to be promoted and championship is our actual level. Not going down is almost as good an achievement as going up would be

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:58 - May 26 with 4895 viewsstrikalite

Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:55 - May 26 by Bluefish

I always find it interesting that some supporters think we should be promoted. We are not in the top 30 clubs in the country. YES I want us to overachieve but we have no right to be promoted and championship is our actual level. Not going down is almost as good an achievement as going up would be

Just saying they deserved it, not comparing what they've done to what we haven't, but they've been the third best team without a doubt..
Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:01 - May 27 with 4890 viewsBluefish

Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:58 - May 26 by strikalite

Just saying they deserved it, not comparing what they've done to what we haven't, but they've been the third best team without a doubt..

Sorry went on a tangent

Yes they deserve it. Great footballing side with some class players. Big fan of Cairney

Villa will be interesting from here just look at the money on the bench. Does Bruce go? How long can they keep spending big?

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:04 - May 27 with 4879 viewsGodzilla

That is a pretty depressing view that we should not resign ourselves to when we are only a few quality players and a modern day manager short of hopefully making progress.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:11 - May 27 with 4864 viewsstrikalite

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:01 - May 27 by Bluefish

Sorry went on a tangent

Yes they deserve it. Great footballing side with some class players. Big fan of Cairney

Villa will be interesting from here just look at the money on the bench. Does Bruce go? How long can they keep spending big?

They weren't far away, do they stick with Bruce and go again? I wouldn't change too much but you know what desperation can do so yes be interesting to see what they do..

Championship tougher than ever next season for sure..
Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:41 - May 27 with 4826 viewsParisBlue

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:11 - May 27 by strikalite

They weren't far away, do they stick with Bruce and go again? I wouldn't change too much but you know what desperation can do so yes be interesting to see what they do..

They’ve another 2 years of parachute payments so I think they’ll just about manage...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:52 - May 27 with 4811 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:11 - May 27 by strikalite

They’ll win the league next year

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Shall we mention Fulham? on 01:57 - May 27 with 4754 viewskesblue

Fulham are a very gd side they deserve to go up .villa will b up there next year no doubt
Shall we mention Fulham? on 02:04 - May 27 with 4748 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Shall we mention Fulham? on 00:41 - May 27 by ParisBlue

They’ve another 2 years of parachute payments so I think they’ll just about manage...

Just 1 year, at a much reduced level. Their finances are in a horrendous state with a monumental wage bill

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-parach

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Shall we mention Fulham? on 06:34 - May 27 with 4646 viewschristiand

Without a doubt, been one of the best sides in the Championship for the last couple of seasons. Good luck to them!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Shall we mention Fulham? on 06:53 - May 27 with 4631 viewsbrogansnose

Shall we mention Fulham? on 06:34 - May 27 by christiand

Without a doubt, been one of the best sides in the Championship for the last couple of seasons. Good luck to them!

Absolutely, I would add that Jokanovic did a fine job at Watford too. They've played some lovely exciting stuff but on the other side of the coin, Cardiff have played some really ugly stuff and have gone up. I do feel that Fulham will be better set to stay up.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 07:06 - May 27 with 4609 viewsHarry_Palmer

Nobody I know thinks we have a divine right to go up, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to.

Huddersfield and Brighton went up and stayed up, Burnley qualified for Europe, so I see no reason why we should give up on the dream.

It seems a long way off right now but things can change very quickly in Football. This next managerial appointment is obviously vital for us though.

And no, Fulham are not a bigger club than Ipswich.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 07:24 - May 27 with 4583 viewsPendejo

But we lose a thoroughly decent away day!

Well done Fulham... hope you enjoyed your first home game in your new stadium.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:06 - May 27 with 4532 viewstextbackup

oh ffs get a grip

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:17 - May 27 with 4501 viewsRegencyBlue

Shall we mention Fulham? on 23:49 - May 26 by Godzilla

As one of their players pointed out at the end it was a win for football - he was right they play in a way we should aspire to ASAP.

Very true although on the evidence of yesterday they are not afraid of the physical stuff either!
Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:20 - May 27 with 4494 viewssolemio

Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:06 - May 27 by textbackup

oh ffs get a grip

Well argued.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:27 - May 27 with 4480 viewstextbackup

Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:20 - May 27 by solemio

Well argued.

I've just read the words

"Not going down is almost as good an achievement as going up would be"

I had no other reply

Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:00 - May 27 with 4424 viewsChocorange

Shall we mention Fulham? on 02:04 - May 27 by BrettenhamBlue

Just 1 year, at a much reduced level. Their finances are in a horrendous state with a monumental wage bill

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-parach

Last year of parachute payments for them... the owner needs to pick up the 20 million difference and even then, it could fall foul of FFP ... For what it's worth.

If they gamble they could end up facing a huge deficit the season after....like Nodge are now.

Parachute payments are only for 3 years ( change made 3 years ago) and only for 1 or 2 seasons if the clubs stay in the Premier league was for a single season.

I think apart from relegated clubs the sides with parachute payments are
Villa last season with a parachute , Boro ( last season ) and Hull , also Sunderland ...and possibly QPR from before the rules changed, though they have a 50 million FFP fine hanging over them , and have been cutting costs and playing several youngsters.

So it could be that next season will be where the parachutes have the least effect for a long time.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:21 - May 27 with 4399 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

It didn’t go unnoticed with me that they held on to a 1-0 lead when having a player sent off but ITFC at their place last season........that’s the difference.

Ryan Sessegnon is some player best team I saw home and away last season.
Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:23 - May 27 with 4386 viewsartsbossbeard

Best team we came up against last season. Shame we've lost a London away but they deserved it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:30 - May 27 with 4355 viewsMullet

Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:21 - May 27 by blueblueburleymcgrew

It didn’t go unnoticed with me that they held on to a 1-0 lead when having a player sent off but ITFC at their place last season........that’s the difference.

Ryan Sessegnon is some player best team I saw home and away last season.

He is, and imagine if Dozzell, Nydam, Downes etc were even close to him last season or this we might at least bridge that gap.

With Wolves buying top spot and so many of 2nd-10th doing the same, it shows how close/far apart we are right now. I fear that just staying where we are will be a big ask whoever comes in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:54 - May 27 with 4302 viewsbraveblue

Fully deserved. Ambitious owner. Well managed. Play good football.

Must be great!!
Shall we mention Fulham? on 10:20 - May 27 with 4251 viewstextbackup

Shall we mention Fulham? on 09:23 - May 27 by artsbossbeard

Best team we came up against last season. Shame we've lost a London away but they deserved it.

villa and Fulham are both decent aways so wasn't massively fussed what one we kept.

BTW - alishan didn't let me down, bang on! (plus they forgot to add the drinks to the bill - result)

Shall we mention Fulham? on 10:21 - May 27 with 4242 viewsBluefish

Shall we mention Fulham? on 08:27 - May 27 by textbackup

I've just read the words

"Not going down is almost as good an achievement as going up would be"

I had no other reply

Do you put us in the top 32 clubs on the country? If yes please explain who you aren't counting. If no by definition we are as close to going down as up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024