Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK 12:29 - Jun 11 with 12239 viewsSmithy

you know those players that usually come through the youth team, start a couple of games, you think yeh they weren't bad, they then subsequently hardly ever play again and then get released.

Josh Carson
Lee Durrant

also remember a young lad who used to knock the goals in for fun for the reserves and never got a chance think his name was Robert Dickinson.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:58 - Jun 11 with 3392 viewsGeoffSentence

There was this goalkeeper we used to have in the academy Nick something or other. Would have been round about 2007-2008 time. I thought he had something about him but the club let him go. Wonder what he went on to do.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 19:05 - Jun 11 with 3385 viewscarlisleaway

Ulrich le Penn
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 19:09 - Jun 11 with 3374 viewshoppy

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:17 - Jun 11 by Smithy

Would love to know what he thought of Keane

He quite liked their first album, but soon bored and found them a bit samey from the second album onwards...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 19:38 - Jun 11 with 3350 viewshoppy

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:15 - Jun 11 by Smithy

Wasn't released, was sold for £

As good as released, given his promise...

Anyway, Marriott was released.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 19:43 - Jun 11 with 3344 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Still can't understand why we allowed Jonny Parr to drift out of the club. Not as if we were overburdened with options at right-back. I remember him scoring a couple of nicely taken goals at Millwall and Forest too.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:22 - Jun 11 with 3298 viewsjaykay

Sixto Peralta

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:33 - Jun 11 with 3286 viewsReuser_is_God

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:11 - Jun 11 by JohnWarksTash

Irish Billy was a good lad.......Bury Billy thought he was God's gift to football.....

Correct.

Absolute helmet.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:43 - Jun 11 with 3270 viewsswede

Byron Lawrence. Was touted as being a future star. Went on loan to Colchester and ended up at Leiston I believe.
Login to get fewer ads

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:44 - Jun 11 with 3268 viewsLord_Lucan

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:33 - Jun 11 by Reuser_is_God

Correct.

Absolute helmet.

I didn’t know either.

Bury Billy though was my solicitors son - although he died last year.

RIP DC

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 21:49 - Jun 11 with 3206 viewsWeWereZombies

Nabil Abidallah - would have liked to see him prosper mainly because someone on here came up with a chant based on the similarly between his name and yabba dabba doo from The Flintstones

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 21:56 - Jun 11 with 3196 viewsMedwayTractor

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:50 - Jun 11 by haughleyblue74

Gavin Williams- always thought looked decent, who did we sign him from and where did he go ??

Currently managing his home town club, Merthyr Town.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 22:10 - Jun 11 with 3177 viewsronnyd

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:22 - Jun 11 by jaykay

Sixto Peralta

Absolute legend
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 22:14 - Jun 11 with 3171 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:22 - Jun 11 by jaykay

Sixto Peralta

Went on to play quite a few champions league games
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 22:27 - Jun 11 with 3154 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 19:05 - Jun 11 by carlisleaway

Ulrich le Penn

For various reasons (but the first is the same as for Le Penn):

Matt Bates

Gabriel Battistuta

Shane Supple

Finidi George

and, of course, Amir Karic!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 00:11 - Jun 12 with 3107 viewsBlueBadger

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:21 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

That day being a pre-season friendly, away at AFC Sudbury. Fair play to him, he wasn't overawed by the standard of the opposition.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 14:30]

He was still overshadowed by Byron Lawrence and Cheikh Kourouma though.
I recall getting ridiculously excited by Kourouma. He was the classical 'seemed to have more time than anyone else' player in midfield who could wi, hold and pick a pass. I fear a combination of a few beers, a lovely sunny day and quality of the opposition *may* have made me a little carried away.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:18 - Jun 12 with 3017 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dean McDonald.

Quick, little player. Nice goal against Crewe at Gresty Road on Tuesday night in the last Royle's season with Town. Looked like a good prospect.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:27 - Jun 12 with 3013 viewshatch

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 20:43 - Jun 11 by swede

Byron Lawrence. Was touted as being a future star. Went on loan to Colchester and ended up at Leiston I believe.

Just signed for, now Conference South,Dulwich Hamlet. Career isn’t dead yet...
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:28 - Jun 12 with 3012 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm still expecting Tamas Priskin to come good.....used to regularly watch thinking 'today's the day' (there was that one day!).

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:31 - Jun 12 with 3007 viewshatch

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 22:27 - Jun 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

For various reasons (but the first is the same as for Le Penn):

Matt Bates

Gabriel Battistuta

Shane Supple

Finidi George

and, of course, Amir Karic!

Matt Bates is a good shout. Really rated him in his two games he played for us. Just googled and he went on to suffer FIVE long-term knee injuries but still managed to skipper Boro under Mowbray. Now player-Manager of Hartlepool.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:47 - Jun 12 with 2997 viewsitfcjoe

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 08:18 - Jun 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

Dean McDonald.

Quick, little player. Nice goal against Crewe at Gresty Road on Tuesday night in the last Royle's season with Town. Looked like a good prospect.

He scored 40 goals for Farnborough one season and Swansea bid £250k for him when they were very upwardly mobile - potentially going into Championship

Farnborough chairman refused and really p155ed him and everyone off as a bit of an unwritten rule at that level that you let players go to the leagues.

My mate was the media officer at the time, said he was absolutely brilliant for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024