Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK 12:29 - Jun 11 with 12237 viewsSmithy

you know those players that usually come through the youth team, start a couple of games, you think yeh they weren't bad, they then subsequently hardly ever play again and then get released.

Josh Carson
Lee Durrant

also remember a young lad who used to knock the goals in for fun for the reserves and never got a chance think his name was Robert Dickinson.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:58 - Jun 11 with 3212 viewsTrumptonBlue

Lee Norfolk and Stuart Niven both looked like tidy midfielders, but they only played a couple of games each. I think Niven certainly had injury problems.

I loved Louie Donowa, but he only managed 30 games.

I felt Neil Woods was hard done by and was never given a proper run in the team. I'll always like him for obligingly turning the match around after we chanted for him to come on against Barnsley in the opening game of 89/90.

Scott Barron disappeared from the first-team scene too quickly after being part of the academy-graduate-packed side that beat Norwich at Carrow Road thanks to Danny Haynes' arm (and Barron was involved in the build-up to that goal).

There are loads. Not Chris O'Donnell, though. He played far too often.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:01 - Jun 11 with 3210 viewsMedwayTractor

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:44 - Jun 11 by Fixed_It

Jai Reason. Looked the part when in the Academy - whatever happened to him?

Joined Maidstone United some time last year, seems he signed for Chelmsford City a few weeks ago.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:21 - Jun 11 with 3189 viewsBlueBadger

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:31 - Jun 11 by SimonCleggsNeck

Nathan Ellington, class on his day.

That day being a pre-season friendly, away at AFC Sudbury. Fair play to him, he wasn't overawed by the standard of the opposition.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 14:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:48 - Jun 11 with 3149 viewsdryas

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 12:38 - Jun 11 by FrowsyArmLarry

Jaime Peters for me. Should still be playing right back.... not sure what was wrong with him

He was rubbish.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:52 - Jun 11 with 3133 viewsCurrie10

Not the briefest of players, but to this day whatever happened to Bowditch in the 04/05 season!?

Bowditch Joins Burnley 9th Mar 2005 16:41
Striker Dean Bowditch has joined Burnley on a month's loan. The England U19 international has been largely out of the first team this season and the move is designed to give him more senior experience. 0

Seems he moved to Burnley in March - I remember him going out on loan, and remember him playing well in the 2-1 win at Coventry that season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/oct/04/match.coventry

Clearly Bent + Kuqi were absolutely tearing it up.

Counago I think we had wage issues etc / really out of favour and couldn't get rid of.

Clearly the Kuqi injury wrecked the season / it just didn't happen for Scowcroft.

Just what are peoples views on Bowditch this season!?
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:30 - Jun 11 with 3118 viewsSmithy

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:58 - Jun 11 by TrumptonBlue

Lee Norfolk and Stuart Niven both looked like tidy midfielders, but they only played a couple of games each. I think Niven certainly had injury problems.

I loved Louie Donowa, but he only managed 30 games.

I felt Neil Woods was hard done by and was never given a proper run in the team. I'll always like him for obligingly turning the match around after we chanted for him to come on against Barnsley in the opening game of 89/90.

Scott Barron disappeared from the first-team scene too quickly after being part of the academy-graduate-packed side that beat Norwich at Carrow Road thanks to Danny Haynes' arm (and Barron was involved in the build-up to that goal).

There are loads. Not Chris O'Donnell, though. He played far too often.

Chris O'Donnell probably the worst player I have ever seen in a Town shirt, remember Paul Cooper bailing him out 3 times from 3 poor back passes in the same game, he only lasted until half time, Crystal Palace I think it was against. Was given another chance vs Villa and lasted just as long after scoring an own goal, shocking player, offloaded to Leeds where he fared no better.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:40 - Jun 11 with 3100 viewsitfcjoe

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:30 - Jun 11 by monty_radio

Pat Sharkey.

Also,more recently, but not too recent, there was a right back, Michael something.

He was ressie captain, and looked to be MoM whenever I saw him play. Not sure he even made an appearance at first team level.

Michael Synnott I imagine - was very surprised he didn't make it but think he suffered with injuries

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:43 - Jun 11 with 3090 viewsmonty_radio

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 12:55 - Jun 11 by PJH

Long time ago (mid 1970's) but Pat Sharkey.

He did not come through the youth team and was signed by SBR as a 20 year old from Portadown but I told anyone that would listen that he was going to be special for us.
Made a total of 19 appearances over two years but never reached the heights that I thought he would.

Strangely I called him as well not having read your earlier post.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:45 - Jun 11 with 3089 viewsmonty_radio

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:40 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Michael Synnott I imagine - was very surprised he didn't make it but think he suffered with injuries

That was him.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:49 - Jun 11 with 3082 viewsITFC_Forever

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:01 - Jun 11 by MedwayTractor

Joined Maidstone United some time last year, seems he signed for Chelmsford City a few weeks ago.

Bro-in-law was with Reason at Cambridge when he first went on loan there, he oozed class for the run in to the end of the season, but they then lost in the Conference PO Final.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:50 - Jun 11 with 3080 viewshaughleyblue74

Gavin Williams- always thought looked decent, who did we sign him from and where did he go ??
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:08 - Jun 11 with 3057 viewsJohnWarksTash

Lee Durrant! Went to school with him. Year above me. I am assuming this is you?? :)
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:11 - Jun 11 with 3058 viewsJohnWarksTash

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:48 - Jun 11 by clive_baker

I know them both and I'll say you'll rarely meet a nicer bloke than one of them. As for the other...

Shane Supple was a shame, showed a lot of promise but his heart wasn't in it.

Irish Billy was a good lad.......Bury Billy thought he was God's gift to football.....
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:15 - Jun 11 with 3046 viewschicoazul

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 14:52 - Jun 11 by Currie10

Not the briefest of players, but to this day whatever happened to Bowditch in the 04/05 season!?

Bowditch Joins Burnley 9th Mar 2005 16:41
Striker Dean Bowditch has joined Burnley on a month's loan. The England U19 international has been largely out of the first team this season and the move is designed to give him more senior experience. 0

Seems he moved to Burnley in March - I remember him going out on loan, and remember him playing well in the 2-1 win at Coventry that season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/oct/04/match.coventry

Clearly Bent + Kuqi were absolutely tearing it up.

Counago I think we had wage issues etc / really out of favour and couldn't get rid of.

Clearly the Kuqi injury wrecked the season / it just didn't happen for Scowcroft.

Just what are peoples views on Bowditch this season!?

Oh yeah I really hope we can re-stoke the Bowditch Kuqi Bent Pablo wars of 2004, they were sensational at the time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:16 - Jun 11 with 3046 viewschicoazul

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:50 - Jun 11 by haughleyblue74

Gavin Williams- always thought looked decent, who did we sign him from and where did he go ??

He was very good. The Garvan Williams midfield combo was gone far too soon. Sadly he got a lot of injuries.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:25 - Jun 11 with 3019 viewsPJH

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 15:43 - Jun 11 by monty_radio

Strangely I called him as well not having read your earlier post.

Pleased that someone else rated him because from time to time one of my mates STILL mentions my belief that Pat Sharkey was going to be special.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:38 - Jun 11 with 3004 viewsyorkshire

Stuart Niven was supposed to be a bit good but seemed to struggle to make a career and agree with the OP about Dickinson - I met his Dad a while back and he said that Robert took it really badly when he got released and pretty much went off the rails - shame

Also think the Class of 2005 should have really done better - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/13/ipswich-towns-2005-fa-youth-cup-winners-whe
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 16:55 - Jun 11 with 2973 viewsSmithy

Jon Kennedy, remember him coming into the team because of an injury crisis and thought he did really well, only played about 7 times though

37 years and counting!

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:28 - Jun 11 with 2934 viewshoppy

This number of replies, yet no mention of Jordan Rhodes?

Surely if anyone comes into this category, it would be him?

b) See also Jack Marriott.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:29 - Jun 11 with 2931 viewsSW6Tractor

Civelli.

Not sure I've ever gotten over that.
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:36 - Jun 11 with 2923 viewsLord_Lucan

Chris Casement. I wanted a back four of gingers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:37 - Jun 11 with 2922 viewsSuperTommySmith

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 13:54 - Jun 11 by SouperJim

Liam Trotter

Presumably deemed not good enough here, but went on to make around 200 appearances in the championship for Millwall, Bolton and Forest.

Similar to him - Scott Barron
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:12 - Jun 11 with 2883 viewsCrawfordsboot

Les Simmons now what happened to him? Same year group as Roger Osborne and Geoff Hammond (who went on to Man City).
Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:15 - Jun 11 with 2874 viewsSmithy

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:28 - Jun 11 by hoppy

This number of replies, yet no mention of Jordan Rhodes?

Surely if anyone comes into this category, it would be him?

b) See also Jack Marriott.

Wasn't released, was sold for £

37 years and counting!

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 18:17 - Jun 11 with 2872 viewsSmithy

Players who had a brief ITFC career despite you thinking they were OK on 17:29 - Jun 11 by SW6Tractor

Civelli.

Not sure I've ever gotten over that.

Would love to know what he thought of Keane

37 years and counting!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024