Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74740 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:41 - Jun 14 with 3176 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:39 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

That doesn't make any sense. If something is unrealistic how is it a solution?

Because, specifically on this problem, it is highly unrealistic to expect people to take responsibility for their actions and stop buying drugs. It is very difficult to persuade people of the righteousness of this as you and Herbivore and I demonstrate on here quite a lot. That doesnt stop it being both simple and a solution. Lots of simple things are difficult.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:41 - Jun 14 with 3176 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:29 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Surely the number of people who suffer from chronic addictions to drugs is vanishingly small compared the number of people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox? Or are they "addicted" too?

Lammy specifically says the London stabbings are connected to the cocaine market. Not heroin, not crack.

Crack cocaine. It's crack and heroin that are the biggest markets, mainly these gangs are peddling to vulnerable addicts. I can't honestly believe that someone would be simple enough to believe that to solve the issue of knife crime all that needs to happen is for people to stop having a cheeky line. You don't live in the real world, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 3157 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:38 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

No it isn't, they create the market that in turn leads to some of the violence that we see on our streets every day. That is a simple fact endorsed by people across the political spectrum who are actively involved in the problems of gang violence. People who buy drugs are in part responsible for the murder of children, both in the UK and in the countries of drug origin. I could guess at why you have such an ongoing problem with this.

As I have said, I have an ongoing problem with this because it is simplistic nonsense. If you are insinuating it's because I'm a drug user, then you'd be wrong.

You've said yourself there - SOME of the violence. It's just one aspect. As I said above there are lots and lots of reasons why people use drugs and lots and lots of reasons why people get stabbed.

Your fixation on people doing a bit of charlie at Lovebox shows YOUR agenda. Your 'drugs are bad mkay', anti-anything-illegal-because-the-government-must-always-be-right, anti-fun stance.

Legalise drugs, take away the criminality. Also a simplistic solution, but much more realistic than you saying "everyone stop doing that thing that is fun" on a football messageboard.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:51 - Jun 14 with 3151 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:41 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Because, specifically on this problem, it is highly unrealistic to expect people to take responsibility for their actions and stop buying drugs. It is very difficult to persuade people of the righteousness of this as you and Herbivore and I demonstrate on here quite a lot. That doesnt stop it being both simple and a solution. Lots of simple things are difficult.

Something needs to work to be a solution. Telling people to stop having fun isn't going to work and is therefore not a solution.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:53 - Jun 14 with 3144 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:51 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Something needs to work to be a solution. Telling people to stop having fun isn't going to work and is therefore not a solution.

Also telling addicts to make the simple choice to stop buying drugs is the stuff of pure fantasy.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:56 - Jun 14 with 3136 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:41 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

Crack cocaine. It's crack and heroin that are the biggest markets, mainly these gangs are peddling to vulnerable addicts. I can't honestly believe that someone would be simple enough to believe that to solve the issue of knife crime all that needs to happen is for people to stop having a cheeky line. You don't live in the real world, mate.

"It's crack and heroin that are the biggest markets" - incorrect.

The amount of heroin estimated to be imported annually into the UK is between 18-23 tonnes.
The amount of cocaine estimated to be imported annually into the UK is between 25-30 tonnes

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/crime-threats/drugs

"mainly these gangs are peddling to vulnerable addicts." - incorrect

In other words while there is no correlation between whether people have ever tried illegal drugs (with the possible exceptions of heroin and crack cocaine) and deprivation there is a clear link between problematic drug use and deprivation. This does not mean all problematic drug users come from deprived areas or backgrounds. It does mean that a disproportionate number do

http://www.drugwise.org.uk/is-drug-use-mainly-in-deprived-areas/

On to your often-peddled straw man about what I mean by what I say, to be clear for your benefit, I don't think "to solve the issue of knife crime all that needs to happen is for people to stop having a cheeky line". I think it would help. Again I don't know why you have such a huge problem with this simple fact but the fact you use "cheeky line" makes me wonder.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:57 - Jun 14 with 3136 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:49 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

As I have said, I have an ongoing problem with this because it is simplistic nonsense. If you are insinuating it's because I'm a drug user, then you'd be wrong.

You've said yourself there - SOME of the violence. It's just one aspect. As I said above there are lots and lots of reasons why people use drugs and lots and lots of reasons why people get stabbed.

Your fixation on people doing a bit of charlie at Lovebox shows YOUR agenda. Your 'drugs are bad mkay', anti-anything-illegal-because-the-government-must-always-be-right, anti-fun stance.

Legalise drugs, take away the criminality. Also a simplistic solution, but much more realistic than you saying "everyone stop doing that thing that is fun" on a football messageboard.

Fun. There you go, that's what you have been wanting to say. Your fun is more important than the clearly-stated connection between your fun and the deaths of children. That's fine. We got there in the end.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:58 - Jun 14 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:57 - Jun 14 by baxterbasics

It certainly does affect me. I'm a regular at Ravenswood Maccys.

Well, you've had a close-to-home example of how shrinking the state has failed to reduced crime then.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:59 - Jun 14 with 3121 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:31 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

The most straight forward solutions to problems are often both simple and unrealistic.

Or you could be wrong!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:03 - Jun 14 with 3124 viewshype313

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:31 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

The most straight forward solutions to problems are often both simple and unrealistic.

Prob best to look at how other countries tackle drug problems such as Portugal and Holland, to see if we could follow similar methods.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:09 - Jun 14 with 3103 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:56 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

The amount of heroin estimated to be imported annually into the UK is between 18-23 tonnes.
The amount of cocaine estimated to be imported annually into the UK is between 25-30 tonnes

In other words while there is no correlation between whether people have ever tried illegal drugs (with the possible exceptions of heroin and crack cocaine) and deprivation there is a clear link between problematic drug use and deprivation. This does not mean all problematic drug users come from deprived areas or backgrounds. It does mean that a disproportionate number do

On to your often-peddled straw man about what I mean by what I say, to be clear for your benefit, I don't think "to solve the issue of knife crime all that needs to happen is for people to stop having a cheeky line". I think it would help. Again I don't know why you have such a huge problem with this simple fact but the fact you use "cheeky line" makes me wonder.

Cogratulations on disproving your own point in the first two paragraphs........maybe have something to eat! (You do know what crack is made from don't you ? maybe you are just on about weight of imported cannabis )

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:12 - Jun 14 with 3106 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:56 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

You do know that crack is a form of cocaine, right?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:13 - Jun 14 with 3102 viewsChiefXL

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:35 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

There are lots of reasons people do drugs. There are lots of reasons people get stabbed.

Your insistence in laying the blame at the feet of "people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox" is simplistic nonsense.

Agreed.

It's incredibly difficult to do lines at Lovebox because the wind can blow it away.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 3066 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:44 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Sure there is. Stop cutting police funding. Stop cutting funding for community outreach projects. Stop cutting funding for local sports clubs and youth drop-in centres. Stop the narrow focus of education on a results-only basis. Stop cutting funding to sure-start centres. Stop making false economies. Increased 'stop and search' powers are a sticking plaster that look at symptoms, not causes. Treating symptoms is, invariably more expensive AND less effective preventing further outbreaks.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:09]

All those things are sticking plasters though. The real problem is you have a section of youth who does not get the right guidance from their parents. In a lot of cases the parents encourage it.

As there is no way to do anything about that the only answer is harsh sentences.... sweep em up and let’s not see them again
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:27]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:28 - Jun 14 with 3062 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:53 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

Also telling addicts to make the simple choice to stop buying drugs is the stuff of pure fantasy.

Quite, although I think he's ignoring addicts and just going for recreational-using advertising people and bankers.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:33 - Jun 14 with 3051 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:57 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Fun. There you go, that's what you have been wanting to say. Your fun is more important than the clearly-stated connection between your fun and the deaths of children. That's fine. We got there in the end.

Why do you think people do drugs?

BTW, not *my* fun. I don't do drugs, as I said above.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:35 - Jun 14 with 3041 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:13 - Jun 14 by ChiefXL

Agreed.

It's incredibly difficult to do lines at Lovebox because the wind can blow it away.

Doing it in the open air would be your first mistake.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:40 - Jun 14 with 3021 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:27 - Jun 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

All those things are sticking plasters though. The real problem is you have a section of youth who does not get the right guidance from their parents. In a lot of cases the parents encourage it.

As there is no way to do anything about that the only answer is harsh sentences.... sweep em up and let’s not see them again
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:27]

The irony is that what you're suggesting is the sticking plaster and what HE'S suggesting is the long term solution.

Education and other outlets for kids, over a long period of time, is the solution. Not "sweeping 'em up".

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:42 - Jun 14 with 3010 viewsnoggin

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:33 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

The point is, drugs are here and they are here to stay. Telling people not to do drugs is like pishing into the wind.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:49 - Jun 14 with 2990 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:40 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

The irony is that what you're suggesting is the sticking plaster and what HE'S suggesting is the long term solution.

Education and other outlets for kids, over a long period of time, is the solution. Not "sweeping 'em up".

A % of people are bad. In cities with high pop density it’s obviously worse + bad culture breeds bad culture. You can’t do anything about that and violence is normal now. Just get rid of the ones that turn out bad
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:02 - Jun 14 with 2956 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:12 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

You do know that crack is a form of cocaine, right?

Yes I do. Stats on crack use are difficult to come by because as you rightly allude to, it is synthesized with coke. If your point is that the majority of cocaine imported is then turned into crack i'd like to see some evidence for that along the lines of that I have given you.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:04 - Jun 14 with 2949 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:42 - Jun 14 by noggin

The point is, drugs are here and they are here to stay. Telling people not to do drugs is like pishing into the wind.

Since the law tells people not to do drugs and the majority of people have never tried them you may be wrong. Unless you mean telling *specific* people which would seem to be right from the aggro I get every timeI post on this topic.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 2947 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:33 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Lots of reasons. They like them, their mates do them, they don't see the harm, they're available. For instance.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:06 - Jun 14 with 2941 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:28 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Quite, although I think he's ignoring addicts and just going for recreational-using advertising people and bankers.

Are recreational users addicted? If not then they might be reachable with my arguments.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:04 - Jun 14 with 2866 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 10:49 - Jun 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

A % of people are bad. In cities with high pop density it’s obviously worse + bad culture breeds bad culture. You can’t do anything about that and violence is normal now. Just get rid of the ones that turn out bad

I'm glad you're not in any way involved in running the country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024