Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74789 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:38 - Jun 13 with 4714 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:32 - Jun 13 by floridaboy

Time for the police to have complete control on stop and search and not have to worry in case some do gooders organisation throws a tantrum in front of the cameras.

Race or colour time to sort these people out before someone else loses their life!

Forget this stabbing for a moment but how would stop and search have prevented the previous two? They were both targeted with the culprits quickly going from A to B to do the business.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:57 - Jun 13 with 4661 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:32 - Jun 13 by tractorboy1978

There is pretty much nothing that can be done to stop knife crime. It's a worrying run of events.

There is lots that can be done.

BOT

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:59 - Jun 13 with 4655 viewstextbackup

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 20:59 - Jun 13 by ITFC_Forever

The one in Old Stoke a few days ago was unrelated to the death 10 days ago, but who knows with tonight’s one.

"unrelated" so the OB say, they will keep cards close to chest, and so they should, don't want the tossers knowing what they know

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:00 - Jun 13 with 4653 viewsmonytowbray

I live round the corner. Mad to think that happened in broad daylight around tea time. Always heaving between 5-8 whenever I drive past.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:05 - Jun 13 with 4613 viewsclive_baker

You don’t go to McDonalds and expect beef.

No, genuinely, such a sorry state of affairs all over the country. Hope the lad pulls through.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:11 - Jun 13 with 4620 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:32 - Jun 13 by tractorboy1978

There is pretty much nothing that can be done to stop knife crime. It's a worrying run of events.

There's lots that can be done. Draconian stop and search. Mandatory 10 year sentences for anyone found with a knife. Crack down on drugs with such ferociousness the gangs won't know what hit them. Create an elite police unit with huge resources to carry out the above.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:12 - Jun 13 with 4614 viewstractorboy1978

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:57 - Jun 13 by BorisOrTrevor

There is lots that can be done.

Such as? You can pick a knife up from any supermarket or kitchenware store. If someone has the urge to stab somebody else there is pretty much nothing the police can do about it.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:16 - Jun 13 with 4591 viewstractorboy1978

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:11 - Jun 13 by The_Last_Baron

There's lots that can be done. Draconian stop and search. Mandatory 10 year sentences for anyone found with a knife. Crack down on drugs with such ferociousness the gangs won't know what hit them. Create an elite police unit with huge resources to carry out the above.

Anybody willing to stab someone else clearly has no fear of imprisonment. Stop and search may be useful to a point in a concentrated area where the carrying of knives is common but generally it's ineffective. The issue with knife crime is the ease with which you can buy/get hold of a knife - most households have several.
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:26 - Jun 13 with 4561 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:16 - Jun 13 by tractorboy1978

Anybody willing to stab someone else clearly has no fear of imprisonment. Stop and search may be useful to a point in a concentrated area where the carrying of knives is common but generally it's ineffective. The issue with knife crime is the ease with which you can buy/get hold of a knife - most households have several.

They have no fear of authority, it is a symptom of the society we live in. The only way to retrieve the situation is to wield a big scary stick. But we don’t have the stomach for it in thus country I’m afraid and are hamstrung by crippling political correctness. So it will get worse until it gets really bad.

BOT

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:53 - Jun 13 with 4485 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:26 - Jun 13 by BorisOrTrevor

They have no fear of authority, it is a symptom of the society we live in. The only way to retrieve the situation is to wield a big scary stick. But we don’t have the stomach for it in thus country I’m afraid and are hamstrung by crippling political correctness. So it will get worse until it gets really bad.

Or we could just legalise drugs and have stricter sentences for carrying blades.

And yes, all knife crime is caused by “political correctness”. No one ever got stabbed in the good old days when you could still say “darkie” without someone getting offended.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:55 - Jun 13 with 4482 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:53 - Jun 13 by monytowbray

Or we could just legalise drugs and have stricter sentences for carrying blades.

And yes, all knife crime is caused by “political correctness”. No one ever got stabbed in the good old days when you could still say “darkie” without someone getting offended.

Side note - Wasn’t it the “PC GONE MAD” brigade and press that recently had a meltdown over a footballer having a gun tattooed on his leg?!

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:03 - Jun 14 with 4469 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:55 - Jun 13 by monytowbray

Side note - Wasn’t it the “PC GONE MAD” brigade and press that recently had a meltdown over a footballer having a gun tattooed on his leg?!

Darkie? What are you going on about. I wasn’t saying it was perfect a few years ago, I’m not that old, and all eras have their issues.
I’m talking about now however and we have teenagers killing each other and in my view political correctness, social engineering and breakdown of traditional families are all contributing to the problem we have today. Disagree with me but don’t equate my rejection of political correctness with 70s racism you idiot.

BOT

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:06 - Jun 14 with 4453 viewsvapour_trail

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:03 - Jun 14 by BorisOrTrevor

Darkie? What are you going on about. I wasn’t saying it was perfect a few years ago, I’m not that old, and all eras have their issues.
I’m talking about now however and we have teenagers killing each other and in my view political correctness, social engineering and breakdown of traditional families are all contributing to the problem we have today. Disagree with me but don’t equate my rejection of political correctness with 70s racism you idiot.

I think you’re a massive troll for the most part on here and disagree with most of your posting on this thread, but I completely agree, no idea why callis has thrown the ‘darkie’ comment at you. Completely unnecessary.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:11 - Jun 14 with 4440 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:03 - Jun 14 by BorisOrTrevor

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04304/SN04304.pdf

Lots of interesting data here that would suggest modern “political correctness” has nothing to do with knife crime considering historic incidents in volume by years.

Applogies if you are upset I likened your use of PC GONE MAD to racism, but 9 times out of 10 it is a throwaway buzzword used by people who have no idea what it means nor what it relates to. I’m still not entirely convinced from your reply that isn’t the case either TBH. What is/was a “traditional family”, how has it changed and how has that impacted knife crime with the above linked data kept in mind?

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:12 - Jun 14 with 4434 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:06 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I think you’re a massive troll for the most part on here and disagree with most of your posting on this thread, but I completely agree, no idea why callis has thrown the ‘darkie’ comment at you. Completely unnecessary.

You agree with a comment that factual data proves is incorrect? Really?

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:19 - Jun 14 with 4413 viewsJ2BLUE

Callis is basically TWTD's

Go easy on him though, his mind is weak from lack of meat

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:29 - Jun 14 with 4390 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:19 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Callis is basically TWTD's

Go easy on him though, his mind is weak from lack of meat

I think the real issue here is people saying “political correctness” as a means to an end, rather than elaborating on what it means, how it affects the subject matter and the correlation between data/facts.

All of which boxes were ticked in the post.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:41 - Jun 14 with 4371 viewsJ2BLUE

Four arrests made https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/13-06-2018/update-ipswich-%E2%80%

Doesn't sound like what I overheard was true. Odd to make something like that up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:44 - Jun 14 with 4379 viewsBlueBadger

Sure there is. Stop cutting police funding. Stop cutting funding for community outreach projects. Stop cutting funding for local sports clubs and youth drop-in centres. Stop the narrow focus of education on a results-only basis. Stop cutting funding to sure-start centres. Stop making false economies. Increased 'stop and search' powers are a sticking plaster that look at symptoms, not causes. Treating symptoms is, invariably more expensive AND less effective preventing further outbreaks.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:45 - Jun 14 with 4366 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:41 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Four arrests made https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/13-06-2018/update-ipswich-%E2%80%

Doesn't sound like what I overheard was true. Odd to make something like that up.

People make sh1t up all the time.

Most of it seems to end up on here.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:46 - Jun 14 with 4362 viewsBlueBadger

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 21:01 - Jun 13 by Lord_Lucan

If people stopped buying McDonalds this wouldn't happen.

The answer here is clearly 'more knives'. A good guy with a knife will stop a bad one with a knife.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:54 - Jun 14 with 4354 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:46 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

The answer here is clearly 'more knives'. A good guy with a knife will stop a bad one with a knife.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:01 - Jun 14 with 4342 viewsbaxterbasics

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:44 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Sure there is. Stop cutting police funding. Stop cutting funding for community outreach projects. Stop cutting funding for local sports clubs and youth drop-in centres. Stop the narrow focus of education on a results-only basis. Stop cutting funding to sure-start centres. Stop making false economies. Increased 'stop and search' powers are a sticking plaster that look at symptoms, not causes. Treating symptoms is, invariably more expensive AND less effective preventing further outbreaks.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:09]

"More state!"

A lot of today's social problems stem from the state replacing the father as the provider in far too many homes.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:08 - Jun 14 with 4337 viewsBlueBadger

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:01 - Jun 14 by baxterbasics

"More state!"

A lot of today's social problems stem from the state replacing the father as the provider in far too many homes.

Ah, libertarianism. Sophistry for 'this isn't going to affect ME so I think we should therefore do f*ck all'.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:10]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:13 - Jun 14 with 4324 viewsvapour_trail

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:12 - Jun 14 by monytowbray

You agree with a comment that factual data proves is incorrect? Really?

I am not sure what you’re talking about. You overstepped the mark.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024