Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. 09:39 - Jun 19 with 9850 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok their penalty is the sort of thing that is given these days but we had two clear penalties and I thought with the introduction of VAR these lack of decisions were going to stop. Also Tunisian players were constantly stamping on our players feet. Surely VAR officials are there to have a word in the refs ear?

I think questions need to be asked, The FA should launch an investigation.

If Putin can affect BREXIT and USA elections he can quite easily infiltrate officials and FIFA.

Plain as day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:40 - Jun 19 with 4291 viewsBlueBadger

Give it five minutes, there'll be a Youtube video explaining how this is an illuminati plot to discredit Russia.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ah, MI6 black ops eh? on 09:41 - Jun 19 with 4278 viewsDyland

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:40 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Give it five minutes, there'll be a Youtube video explaining how this is an illuminati plot to discredit Russia.

I like it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:42 - Jun 19 with 4289 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll just leave this here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 with 4256 viewsbrazil1982

It was certainly a penalty for Tunisia.

How the VAR ignored the wrestling of Kane is a mystery and questions certainly have to be asked.

When do we ever get the rub of the green though?
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 with 4247 viewsStokieBlue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:42 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

Ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 4225 viewsReusersTown

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:42 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

He didn't 'hit' anyone with his elbow. It was practically stationary!
Absurd on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 4229 viewsDyland

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

Ridiculous.

SB

Have the rules changed? As far as I was aware contact does not in itself mean it's a foul.

The refs have a tougher and tougher job but doesn't excuse the shower who officiated yesterday.

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 4216 viewsartsbossbeard

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by brazil1982

How the VAR ignored the wrestling of Kane is a mystery and questions certainly have to be asked.

We're getting the same TV feed as broadcast by the Ruskies and therefore the in-match repeats of the penalty area holding incidents.

We've seen in earlier games (the Sweden penalty, a good example) where the ref gets notified of the infringement, so I think we're in a very strong position to ask questions as to why the VAR operators didn't notify the match official. Surely this is what VAR is for?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 4210 viewsNo9

The FA will do nothing.

While I agree the wrestling of Kane & on one occassion McGuire to the ground is a foul, that is seen in English football every season & defended by some coaches & managers (Spary Hughes is a good example - at Stoke) as part of the 'English' game.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:49 - Jun 19 with 4194 viewsWD19

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

Ridiculous.

SB

Goalkeepers are allowed to punch people in the head so long as it looks a bit like they are trying to clear a cross.

Was never a penalty. Much easier to say having picked up 3 points, but it was just about the softest one I have ever seen.
Absurd on 09:51 - Jun 19 with 4199 viewsPhilTWTD

Absurd on 09:47 - Jun 19 by Dyland

Have the rules changed? As far as I was aware contact does not in itself mean it's a foul.

The refs have a tougher and tougher job but doesn't excuse the shower who officiated yesterday.

Particularly if the contact is initiated by the attacking player running into the defender. Utterly ridiculous penalty - there'd probably be four or five a game if that became the norm - and even more daft from Schmeichel.
Absurd on 09:56 - Jun 19 with 4150 viewsDyland

Absurd on 09:51 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD

Particularly if the contact is initiated by the attacking player running into the defender. Utterly ridiculous penalty - there'd probably be four or five a game if that became the norm - and even more daft from Schmeichel.

Walker didn't do himself any favours, as Ferdinand (interestingly) explained (a bit of naivety re FB vs CB positioning maybe), but nonetheless... yes, ridiculous, whether justifiable by rule interpretation or not.

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:56 - Jun 19 with 4142 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

i 100% agree.

I think the Tunisia penalty was given with no VAR review, although I might be wrong. It certainly wasnt obvious.

The rugby tackle on Kane in the first half was subject to a VAR review, and they saw nothing wrong.

Its beyond suspect.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:57 - Jun 19 with 4128 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by brazil1982

I accept that you 'could' give the penalty to Tunisia. It was no better than 50/50.

Walker basically held his arms out, there was no intention to elbow etc.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:58 - Jun 19 with 4125 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a load of rubbish.

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:59 - Jun 19 with 4123 viewsCurrie10

ONE clear penalty.

People cannot seem to spot Stones blatent push on the Tunisian, that was equally as blatent as the rugby tackle on Kane in the same move for the first ' penalty '.

Therefore, that cannot be a penalty.

The second is of course.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:00]
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:01 - Jun 19 with 4103 viewsDanFord

It's really difficult to think otherwise. The Tunisia penalty was given for a player running into the back of Walker, whether his arm was up or not. The Tunisia player ran into him for a penalty and got it. But then video assistants whose job it was to consider the Kane incidents decided on both occasions that it was not a foul. This after Croatia got a penalty for pretty much the same thing. At the end of the day if Russia managed to get this world cup you can't put it past a select few officials being allocated to England matches. Seems far fetched but can anyone really believe that the ref and VAR team genuinely believed there was no foul when a guy not looking at the ball jumps on Kane and hauls him to the ground. You can just about accept a ref missing that but not a team of refs whose job is to look at the same replays we saw.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:01 - Jun 19 with 4092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:59 - Jun 19 by Currie10

ONE clear penalty.

People cannot seem to spot Stones blatent push on the Tunisian, that was equally as blatent as the rugby tackle on Kane in the same move for the first ' penalty '.

Therefore, that cannot be a penalty.

The second is of course.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:00]

Which rugby tackle on Kane, there were two. lol

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:04 - Jun 19 with 4066 viewsFtnfwest

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:01 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

three in the end that could have all been given
Absurd on 10:05 - Jun 19 with 4058 viewsDanFord

Quite right. Walker was facing the other way and seemed to be putting his arms out to signal to the other defenders that the cross was going out of harms way. Ben Sidwell or whatever he was called was close enough to decide to run into it and should have been booked. The worrying thing is the referee saw exactly what happened, gave a penalty and VAR wasn't used to say it was completely wrong.

Absurd on 10:06 - Jun 19 with 4048 viewsIpswichKnight

Didn't we get a penalty at Reading a few years back for exactly this, then Jonas went and did the exact same thing in the last minute!
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:07 - Jun 19 with 4050 viewsDanFord

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:01 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

The second one was a dive the ref said. Kane dived into both arms of their player allegedly. Never has it been so blatant that a player dived into an opponents grip and forced him to strangle him and shoved his shirt into his hands saying 'grab this'.

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:08 - Jun 19 with 4033 viewsDyland

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:07 - Jun 19 by DanFord

The second one was a dive the ref said. Kane dived into both arms of their player allegedly. Never has it been so blatant that a player dived into an opponents grip and forced him to strangle him and shoved his shirt into his hands saying 'grab this'.

Player dives into an opponents grip and forces him to strangle him and shoves his shirt into his hands saying 'grab this' = no penalty.

Player runs into opponent's arm = penalty.

Don't you know the rules?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:10 - Jun 19 with 4019 viewsDanFord

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:08 - Jun 19 by Dyland

Player dives into an opponents grip and forces him to strangle him and shoves his shirt into his hands saying 'grab this' = no penalty.

Player runs into opponent's arm = penalty.

Don't you know the rules?

Exactly. I don't see what there is to complain about. Kane forced his body into the opponent and forced him into chokeholding him. If he was going to be clever and try and cheat he should have got on the floor and pulled the opponents boot into his face. Penalty and a red card.

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 4011 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:48 - Jun 19 by artsbossbeard

We're getting the same TV feed as broadcast by the Ruskies and therefore the in-match repeats of the penalty area holding incidents.

We've seen in earlier games (the Sweden penalty, a good example) where the ref gets notified of the infringement, so I think we're in a very strong position to ask questions as to why the VAR operators didn't notify the match official. Surely this is what VAR is for?

Thats the worst thing. There was a VAR review for the Kane incident.

.....and they decided no pen.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024