Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current ITFC squad 14:48 - Jul 13 with 8334 viewsitfcjoe

As I usually do, to qualify for this you must have made at least 5 starts at Championship level - or be seemingly considered a first teamer (these ones shown in italics)

GK - Bialkowski, Gerken
RB - Spence, Emmanuel
LB - Knudsen, Kenlock
CB - Chambers Chalobah
CM - Bishop, Skuse, Adeyemi, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell, Huws
W - Ward, Roberts
ST - Waghorn, Garner, Sears

On the fringes:
RB - Cotter
CB - Woolfenden, C.Smith
W - Rowe
ST - Folami

Next rung down - i.e. unlikely to feature unless we are really struggling
GK - Wright
LB - Webber
W - McKendry, McLoughlin
ST - Drinan, Morris

1st year professionals/Scholars expected to play mainly for U23s this season
GK - Ware
RB - Crowe
LB - Clements
CB - Ndaba, Marshall
CM - McGavin
ST - Lankester

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Current ITFC squad on 14:51 - Jul 13 with 4926 viewshype313

Cheers Joe, just from that it seems to me like we need another striker especially if Sears can't rediscover some form, also as much as the midfield looks exciting, it is very young and a few have had key injuries, would like to see an experienced campaigner in there, and centre back needs bolstering.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Current ITFC squad on 14:53 - Jul 13 with 4909 viewsHerbivore

We need 3 or 4 at least. Got to strengthen at CB, out wide and up front IMO. Those central midfield options though......

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Current ITFC squad on 15:01 - Jul 13 with 4858 viewsitfcjoe

Personal view on squad and where it is short is this.....

GK
Obviously if Bart goes we need a replacement. I also think we need a number 3 as Wright isn't up to it and Gerken had a long term injury last season.

RB
Think this is adequate, and that if Hurst thinks we need better then he'll have to shift one of these 2 either permanently or on loan

LB
As per RB

CB
At least 2 players short. I think we need 2 more and either Woolfenden or Chris Smith to step up as a genuine option as could see Chalobah playing further forward

CM
That's fine for me, although agree with hype that another player with a bit more experience may be required as only 3 of them are not eligible for the U23s and nearly all haven't put a full season together in the last 2 years

W
At least 2 players short

ST
Think the options there are ok with Hurst preferring one up top, but another striker wouldn't be a bad signing.

So with that in mind - I think we initially need:
1 3rd choice keeper
2 CBs
2 Wingers
and possible a central midfielder and a striker.

And that feels like the bare minimum requirement also - lots to do for Hurst in the next couple of weeks before we even consider that Waghorn, Garner, Knudsen and Bialkowski have all been linked with moves elsewhere

Current ITFC squad on 15:10 - Jul 13 with 4784 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans/Bowman/Hurst new to get a wriggle on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Current ITFC squad on 15:13 - Jul 13 with 4771 viewsKieran_Knows

Current ITFC squad on 15:10 - Jul 13 by Reuser_is_God

Evans/Bowman/Hurst new to get a wriggle on.

Evans needs to get a wriggle on. He's been given a list ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Current ITFC squad on 15:16 - Jul 13 with 4750 viewsReuser_is_God

Current ITFC squad on 15:13 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Evans needs to get a wriggle on. He's been given a list ....

You really think Hursts only participation in the recruitment process is to give Evans a list?

Evans out

Current ITFC squad on 15:16 - Jul 13 with 4761 viewsJakeITFC

It’s absolutely screaming relegation battle to me, Hurst’s first job is to make four really good first team signings (and it’s worrying that we haven’t got any further with that).
Current ITFC squad on 15:17 - Jul 13 with 4734 viewsKieran_Knows

Current ITFC squad on 15:16 - Jul 13 by Reuser_is_God

You really think Hursts only participation in the recruitment process is to give Evans a list?

What else can he do until Evans agree's a fee with other clubs? Unless he has already been given permission to talk to them OR if the players he are after are free agents?

Login to get fewer ads

Current ITFC squad on 15:17 - Jul 13 with 4735 viewsdavblue

Current ITFC squad on 15:01 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Personal view on squad and where it is short is this.....

GK
Obviously if Bart goes we need a replacement. I also think we need a number 3 as Wright isn't up to it and Gerken had a long term injury last season.

RB
Think this is adequate, and that if Hurst thinks we need better then he'll have to shift one of these 2 either permanently or on loan

LB
As per RB

CB
At least 2 players short. I think we need 2 more and either Woolfenden or Chris Smith to step up as a genuine option as could see Chalobah playing further forward

CM
That's fine for me, although agree with hype that another player with a bit more experience may be required as only 3 of them are not eligible for the U23s and nearly all haven't put a full season together in the last 2 years

W
At least 2 players short

ST
Think the options there are ok with Hurst preferring one up top, but another striker wouldn't be a bad signing.

So with that in mind - I think we initially need:
1 3rd choice keeper
2 CBs
2 Wingers
and possible a central midfielder and a striker.

And that feels like the bare minimum requirement also - lots to do for Hurst in the next couple of weeks before we even consider that Waghorn, Garner, Knudsen and Bialkowski have all been linked with moves elsewhere

maybe that's why Webster was let go and maybe Waggers to generate the funds to cover the squad.
Current ITFC squad on 15:18 - Jul 13 with 4731 viewsSteve_M

I think we're very short in terms of Championship experience, especially with questions over Bart, Knudsen, Waghorn and Garner. With the transfer window closing earlier there is not a great deal of time to add to the squad.

We'll definitely sign another experienced defender somehow but it's not impossible that we'll get a late offer that's "too good to turn down" and repeat the Murphy situation.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Current ITFC squad on 15:20 - Jul 13 with 4706 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Well done Joe, Good list and puts a bit of clarity in terms of where we sit at the minute.

The obvious caveat is that Hurst might see some of the players listed "on the fringes" or even"Next rung down" as being able to step up, but until the season kicks off we won't know.

One thing is certain though and that's we need 1 or 2 more bodies in at a minimum
Current ITFC squad on 15:24 - Jul 13 with 4673 viewsReuser_is_God

Current ITFC squad on 15:17 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

What else can he do until Evans agree's a fee with other clubs? Unless he has already been given permission to talk to them OR if the players he are after are free agents?

Pester Evans, speak to agents, if fee’s are being knocked back find alternate targets.

There is plenty he can, & will, be doing.

Evans out

Current ITFC squad on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 4639 viewsKieran_Knows

Current ITFC squad on 15:24 - Jul 13 by Reuser_is_God

Pester Evans, speak to agents, if fee’s are being knocked back find alternate targets.

There is plenty he can, & will, be doing.

Well I would say that is a given, but he can't do much in terms of getting players in when it'll be down to Evans and Milne to agree fees etc.

“Paul has already identified a number of targets in various positions as we look to strengthen the squad for the season ahead and the challenge is now on to secure those players.”

As I said earlier, that's what Evans a couple of weeks ago, and from the outside looking in, we don't seem any further ahead.

Current ITFC squad on 15:33 - Jul 13 with 4613 viewshype313

Just to add I really wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Webster money go towards Jon Nolan.

Current ITFC squad on 15:39 - Jul 13 with 4579 viewsKieran_Knows

Current ITFC squad on 15:33 - Jul 13 by hype313

Just to add I really wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Webster money go towards Jon Nolan.

Is he really needed though? Unless we we're thinking of playing him out wide?

Current ITFC squad on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 4571 viewsITFC_Forever

While there is still plenty of time and no need to panic yet, our squads has lost a fair amount of quality and experience.

While I suspect PH will have knowledge of L1 / L2 rough diamonds out there just waiting to be polished, we need to ensure they are up to it - or will simply have a squad of L1 / L2 players.
Equally, they will need some more experience around them to help them adapt to the Champ.

And all this is assuming we don't lose any more from the squad - we can cope with Webster and McG going as they spent half the time injured, and Garner would be no great loss (given a choice between him and Waggy).

We have been chronically short at CB since we let Berra go and didn't replace him and then compounded the problem by letting Smith go to the US (CCV was only a short-term sticking plaster).

So we certainly need: 1 x CB (or 2 depending on where Chalobah plays), 1 x winger and 2 x forwards to get to a bare minimum of a squad.

Otherwise, despite PH, it does have a long hard struggle of a season written all over that squad.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Current ITFC squad on 15:45 - Jul 13 with 4542 viewschicoazul

Current ITFC squad on 15:33 - Jul 13 by hype313

i would be surprised to see the Webster money go on *anyone*.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Current ITFC squad on 15:47 - Jul 13 with 4531 viewshype313

Current ITFC squad on 15:39 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Is he really needed though? Unless we we're thinking of playing him out wide?

On paper our midfield looks incredibly exciting, but right now, can we hand on heart say that they will all be able to play 46 odd games next season? I just think a rugged experienced player like him could help guide the youngsters through a rigorous season.

He wouldn't cost the earth either.

Current ITFC squad on 15:47 - Jul 13 with 4525 viewshype313

Current ITFC squad on 15:45 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

Well, quite. But we live in hope....

Current ITFC squad on 15:49 - Jul 13 with 4517 viewsHerbivore

Current ITFC squad on 15:41 - Jul 13 by ITFC_Forever

While there is still plenty of time and no need to panic yet, our squads has lost a fair amount of quality and experience.

While I suspect PH will have knowledge of L1 / L2 rough diamonds out there just waiting to be polished, we need to ensure they are up to it - or will simply have a squad of L1 / L2 players.
Equally, they will need some more experience around them to help them adapt to the Champ.

And all this is assuming we don't lose any more from the squad - we can cope with Webster and McG going as they spent half the time injured, and Garner would be no great loss (given a choice between him and Waggy).

We have been chronically short at CB since we let Berra go and didn't replace him and then compounded the problem by letting Smith go to the US (CCV was only a short-term sticking plaster).

So we certainly need: 1 x CB (or 2 depending on where Chalobah plays), 1 x winger and 2 x forwards to get to a bare minimum of a squad.

Otherwise, despite PH, it does have a long hard struggle of a season written all over that squad.

Can't see the need for two strikers given Hurst favours one up front. I think we definitely need a CB, a winger and a striker as absolute musts. I'd quite like two wingers though and an additional versatile defender to give us depth. That's 3-5 new players so we could do with starting to get some deals done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Current ITFC squad on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 4457 viewsitfcjoe

Current ITFC squad on 15:45 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

I could see £1m going on Tilt, who will come in on a lower wage and Evans banks the £2.5m and the wage saving

Current ITFC squad on 16:02 - Jul 13 with 4427 viewsReuser_is_God

Current ITFC squad on 15:57 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

I could see £1m going on Tilt, who will come in on a lower wage and Evans banks the £2.5m and the wage saving

Please no

Evans out

Current ITFC squad on 16:05 - Jul 13 with 4414 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Current ITFC squad on 15:41 - Jul 13 by ITFC_Forever

No need to panic yet?

Very worried though. CB's situation is similar to that one from August last year where our central backs were injured. We knew the problem yet waited till the last day of the window and then Goldson move failed. We seem to be waiting ... again !

Waiting game whereas we badly need some decent additions. But this is Evans and same old story every transfer window yet he is deemed as a good one by some because he gave an interview.
Current ITFC squad on 16:08 - Jul 13 with 4401 viewsITFC_Forever

Current ITFC squad on 16:05 - Jul 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

No need to panic yet?

Very worried though. CB's situation is similar to that one from August last year where our central backs were injured. We knew the problem yet waited till the last day of the window and then Goldson move failed. We seem to be waiting ... again !

Waiting game whereas we badly need some decent additions. But this is Evans and same old story every transfer window yet he is deemed as a good one by some because he gave an interview.

Concern yes, panic no as there's still 4 weeks to go.

But knowing us, the time will slip away alarmingly and that deadline will soon come.

If we're still in this position in a couple of weeks, then the worry levels will increase a few notches....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Current ITFC squad on 16:18 - Jul 13 with 4335 viewsx123456789

The idea of losing Bialkowski and Waghorn from that squad is pretty terrifying

It strikes me that we lack any players (except Waghorn) with experience of playing football at a higher level (premiership or championship promotion level). Whether or not that will be an issue is unknown but I can understand the tag of being relegation candidates
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024