Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes 13:04 - Jul 19 with 6683 viewsFrimleyBlue

But, I have to be honest, none of our business or current links fill me with confidence at the moment

We lose Wags, the best we can hope to see is another from league 1,

we need cbs, coming from league 1

wingers, league 1

Are we going to get anyone who has experience in the championship?

I wouldn't expect anywhere near a top 10 finish, but at the moment, i'm genuinely concerned without some quality added to an already quality lacking side, will we actually have enough to compete at this level.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 3654 viewshomer_123

Don't be daft, we've signed the best keeper in the division.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:07 - Jul 19 with 3650 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:06 - Jul 19 by homer_123

Don't be daft, we've signed the best keeper in the division.

He's extended his contract yes, doesn't mean he wont be sold

Waka waka eh eh

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:08 - Jul 19 with 3645 viewsTractorCam

Weren't you saying in an earlier thread how you aren't negative? I think I'd prefer signing a Gwion Edwards as opposed to a Liam Feeney thanks.

Out of interest, who would you like to see us linked with?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:08 - Jul 19 with 3631 viewsportmanking

I thought you said you weren't negative yesterday?
Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:08 - Jul 19 with 3631 viewsLankHenners

And earlier on you were asking people why they think you’re negative...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:09 - Jul 19 with 3625 viewsDanFord

Last year we signed two players for less than half a million combined that were not wanted by Rangers. The exact same flouncing was largely apparent. They were involved in 40 goals between them.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:13 - Jul 19 with 3596 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:08 - Jul 19 by LankHenners

And earlier on you were asking people why they think you’re negative...

Negative would be saying we're fked

i'm being open minded, but wandering where exactly we're heading.

Waka waka eh eh

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:16 - Jul 19 with 3578 viewsDanFord

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:13 - Jul 19 by FrimleyBlue

Negative would be saying we're fked

i'm being open minded, but wandering where exactly we're heading.

We have a 31 year old goalkeeper, 32 year old captain and centre back, 32 year old defensive midfielder and a 28 year old striker. Experience aplenty in the squad. We can improve the first team with journeymen from the Premier League or Championship or we can add young players on the way up from the lower divisions. Our budget is very much aimed at the lower leagues, you know where Webster came from. I'm much more excited by being linked with top young players doing the business in the lower leagues (Tilt is a good League One teams player of the season, Jackson was the top scorer for champions Accrington) than the same old names in this division.

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 3560 viewsTractorCam

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:16 - Jul 19 by DanFord

We have a 31 year old goalkeeper, 32 year old captain and centre back, 32 year old defensive midfielder and a 28 year old striker. Experience aplenty in the squad. We can improve the first team with journeymen from the Premier League or Championship or we can add young players on the way up from the lower divisions. Our budget is very much aimed at the lower leagues, you know where Webster came from. I'm much more excited by being linked with top young players doing the business in the lower leagues (Tilt is a good League One teams player of the season, Jackson was the top scorer for champions Accrington) than the same old names in this division.

Accrington strikers? Why have we not been linked with Ross McCormack or James Vaughan

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 3560 viewsitfcjoe

Roberts by Bluefish 19 Jul 2018 9:12
You post lots of hearsay negativity on a regular basis. Try something else or people might respond in that way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 3557 viewsBasuco

You may or may not be correct but why are you assuming that the players signed cannot step up? Aaron Cresswell came from Tranmere and Ty Mings from Chippenham Town, both proved to be superb signings, also look at the player Jonas is now to when he first played in a Town shirt! So I will wait until after 10 games into the season and see who we have signed and how they are playing before making a decision. It is far too early to be so negative.
Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:26 - Jul 19 with 3526 viewsitfcjoe

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:09 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Last year we signed two players for less than half a million combined that were not wanted by Rangers. The exact same flouncing was largely apparent. They were involved in 40 goals between them.

I can't remember there being flouncing about Waghorn and Garner, most were happy with them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:28 - Jul 19 with 3505 viewsDubtractor

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:26 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

I can't remember there being flouncing about Waghorn and Garner, most were happy with them

Nope. I don't recall any at all. Most thought it decent business, at worst a few were underwhelmed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:29 - Jul 19 with 3497 viewsagentp

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:19 - Jul 19 by Basuco

You may or may not be correct but why are you assuming that the players signed cannot step up? Aaron Cresswell came from Tranmere and Ty Mings from Chippenham Town, both proved to be superb signings, also look at the player Jonas is now to when he first played in a Town shirt! So I will wait until after 10 games into the season and see who we have signed and how they are playing before making a decision. It is far too early to be so negative.

I agree with the OP. Championship experience is desperately needed. Where's Leon Best, Jay Tabb, Giles Coke, Gleeson, Feeney, Reo Coker, connor Sammon when you really need them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:30 - Jul 19 with 3478 viewschicoazul

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:09 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Nobody was flouncing about signing those two. Pretty much every post was impressed with them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:31 - Jul 19 with 3474 viewswkj

You and no-one else has any clue at what Hurst will get out of the players he is signing, don't buy into the guff that £ = Skill as a hard and fast rule. Yes, I would love to see a marquee signing in the short term, but to be frank and honest the long term success of players like Bart, Waghorn and to a point McG was much more satisfying

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:32 - Jul 19 with 3459 viewswkj

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:30 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Nobody was flouncing about signing those two. Pretty much every post was impressed with them.

Not so, there were a fair few who were whinging based on what the professional fans of Rangers said

Crybaby

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:33 - Jul 19 with 3455 viewsPJH

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:26 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

The poster that you are responding to has only been posting under his current username since March, although it does seem much longer.
Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:36 - Jul 19 with 3421 viewsHerbivore

I thought people wanted us to sign lower league talent? Now we're doing it people want experienced Championship players. You couldn't make it up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:42 - Jul 19 with 3403 viewswkj

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:36 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

I thought people wanted us to sign lower league talent? Now we're doing it people want experienced Championship players. You couldn't make it up.

Experienced players are needed, we've never been the same since being parted with Chopra, Bowyer, Ellington, Reo-Coker, Ingimarsson, Lisbie etc

Crybaby

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:45 - Jul 19 with 3379 viewsDanFord

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:30 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Yes there were. I agree some thought it was shrewd, especially when the fees were confirmed as lower than initially stated, but plenty were saying Garner was only ever good in League One and struggled at Championship level and that both weren't that great if Rangers were letting them go. I considered Waghorn to be a good signing (thought he might get 6 or 7 and provide 3 or 4 assists) and I thought Garner might get 6 or 7 goals too). I didn't expect either to be that great, some here liked the moves, but there were certainly plenty moaning.

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:45 - Jul 19 with 3377 viewsBluefish

Sorry about saying that you are always negative

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:46 - Jul 19 with 3370 viewschicoazul

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:45 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Yes there were. I agree some thought it was shrewd, especially when the fees were confirmed as lower than initially stated, but plenty were saying Garner was only ever good in League One and struggled at Championship level and that both weren't that great if Rangers were letting them go. I considered Waghorn to be a good signing (thought he might get 6 or 7 and provide 3 or 4 assists) and I thought Garner might get 6 or 7 goals too). I didn't expect either to be that great, some here liked the moves, but there were certainly plenty moaning.

Total rubbish.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:48 - Jul 19 with 3350 viewsJ2BLUE

This is the exact strategy that we have been crying out for.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:50 - Jul 19 with 3344 viewsDanFord

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:46 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Total rubbish.

Sorry if I don't trust the opinion of someone who posted this:

Womens Football - That's not the first time a woman has cried at a semi eh lads

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024