Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy 14:44 - Jul 19 with 10089 viewsArcher4721

he's adopting at the moment? Selling our best players and all these league one,two and conference players he's signed and looking to sign to replace them is pretty worrying.

Does he have the nous to sniff out such transfer deals as Waghorn and Garner like our previous manager?

Looking at the current situation I'm not so sure....
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:46 - Jul 19 with 4809 viewsITFC_Forever

One of Hurst's most attractive traits to all the experts on here was that he knows L1 and L2 and where all the good signings are to be had.

Now he's doing that, it's not good enough?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:47 - Jul 19 with 4807 viewslukey130490

Let's write our manager off before he has even managed a competitive game for us. I agree...
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:47 - Jul 19 with 4802 viewsSomethingBlue

Who has he sold (/been complicit in selling) apart from Webster?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:47 - Jul 19 with 4795 viewsSpruceMoose

At the moment, which best players has he sold?

I'll save my panic for real events. If your scenario came to pass however, then yep, I'd be concerned.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:49 - Jul 19 with 4782 viewsArcher4721

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:47 - Jul 19 by SomethingBlue

You obviously haven't heard what I have then.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:50 - Jul 19 with 4759 viewslukey130490

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:49 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

Def info?
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:52 - Jul 19 with 4729 viewsSomethingBlue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:49 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

Nah, don't pull that one, life's too short for all of us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:53 - Jul 19 with 4717 viewsButterbing

I'll bite. What have you heard?
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 with 4702 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:53 - Jul 19 by Butterbing

I'm going to go with:

"Bird is the word"

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 with 4710 viewsArcher4721

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:50 - Jul 19 by lukey130490

Def info?

On the plus side Dylan Crowe and another young lad (forget his name) are as we speak being offered new pro deals.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 with 4708 viewsitfcjoe

It's a bit of a concern to lose a hell of a lot of Championship experience and not bring any in.

When you look at some of the signings our rivals are making it really does show we are now one of the smallest clubs in this league in reality.

Anyone knocking Mick's transfer record is silly in my view, we just have to hope that if what Hurst does re transfers has a ceiling then he hasn't risen above it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 with 4696 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:53 - Jul 19 by Butterbing

Hurst doesn't like cheese.

It's enough to fire up the crayons....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:56 - Jul 19 with 4674 viewsBlueNomad

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:47 - Jul 19 by SomethingBlue

We live in Trump times - don't let evidence get in the way of your argument
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:56 - Jul 19 with 4675 viewsArcher4721

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:52 - Jul 19 by SomethingBlue

Nah, don't pull that one, life's too short for all of us.

Oh come on now. As a renowned journalist you surely know the score.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:59 - Jul 19 with 4631 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

On the plus side Dylan Crowe and another young lad (forget his name) are as we speak being offered new pro deals.

Bailey Clements?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 4569 viewsButterbing

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:56 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

So, you haven't got anything to tell then?

In answer to your original post - No, I'm not concerned that Hurst has sold one first team player.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:05 - Jul 19 with 4558 viewsCotty

Bart! I mean.... oh....
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:15 - Jul 19 with 4480 viewswkj

Not worried, more excited - It has been ages since we had such a wide range of players attracting interest from other clubs on or above our level. I think that is more a testament to the improvements of our squad rather than Hurst having an agenda

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:17 - Jul 19 with 4458 viewsurbanblue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

It's a bit of a concern to lose a hell of a lot of Championship experience and not bring any in.

When you look at some of the signings our rivals are making it really does show we are now one of the smallest clubs in this league in reality.

Anyone knocking Mick's transfer record is silly in my view, we just have to hope that if what Hurst does re transfers has a ceiling then he hasn't risen above it.

.... a hell of a lot of Championship experience??
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:22 - Jul 19 with 4431 viewsBlueNomad

Huddersfield and Bournemouth to name two examples went past us with, in the main, players signed from the lower divisions.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:29 - Jul 19 with 4383 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:17 - Jul 19 by urbanblue

.... a hell of a lot of Championship experience??

Webster, McGoldrick, Celina, Carayol, Gleeson, Connolly, Hyam, Iorfa, Carter-Vickers and Bru all gone

So far replaced by:
Emmanuel, Rowe, Downes, Roberts, Edwards and Chalobah

Whilst I didn't rate all of the players in first list (and don't in second list) you only have to look at the bench against Crawley on Weds to see where we are currently and that is a long way short.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:44 - Jul 19 with 4271 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:56 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

come on then, Archer, here's your big chance. Here and now, tell the board what you know. The glory is all there for you to take.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:46 - Jul 19 with 4252 viewsBlueBadger

But I thought we WANTED young players from the lower leagues and not championship standard journeyman 'proper blokes'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:47 - Jul 19 with 4237 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:46 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

But I thought we WANTED young players from the lower leagues and not championship standard journeyman 'proper blokes'?

We want the opposite of whatever is happening so we can have a jolly good moan.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:49 - Jul 19 with 4217 viewsBlueBadger

A load of made-up guff that you're not actually going to share but are merely going to hint at so as to look 'in the know'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024