Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans 09:16 - Jul 25 with 6653 viewsitfcjoe

Waghorn money will give them some movement to bring players in - but is also going to increase prices we are quoted. We've already had a 'rubbish' bid turned down by Scunthorpe.

I'm still concerned how short we are at CB - next in line is going out on loan today but club have insisted it is to a non league club as they need a recall on the deal.

I think a number 10 is desperately required too.

Obviously it must be best for their long term fitness - but we have Huws, Adeyemi, Garner and Bishop as 4 members of our small squad who must still be weeks away from being fully fit.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:18 - Jul 25 with 4478 viewsReuser_is_God

If we are to sell Waghorn it needs to be done ASAP so we have maximum time to use the money, it’s no good leaving it last minute & saying ‘oh, well have a look in January’ it’ll be too late.

I’d say to Derby & Waghorn to get it done by the weekend or it’s not happening.

Nolan
Townsend
Tilt
Nsiala
Bradshaw

Get it done.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:21]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:18 - Jul 25 with 4458 viewsHerbivore

Who is going out on loan? Smith or Ndaba? Surely not Woolfenden? I agree that CB is the main priority, need to get someone in pretty quick to partner Chambers. I'd like to see an attacking midfielder/winger signed, plus another striker if Waghorn does go. I'd prefer quality over quantity, so 3 or 4 decent signings and I'll be a happy boy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:19 - Jul 25 with 4470 viewsCaptainObvious

If Waghorn goes, we will buy 5 more players totalling £3m, and Evans say the money has all been re-invested in their wages.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:19]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:25 - Jul 25 with 4408 viewsBluHuws

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:19 - Jul 25 by CaptainObvious

If Waghorn goes, we will buy 5 more players totalling £3m, and Evans say the money has all been re-invested in their wages.

I'm pretty sure it is Chris Smith back to Chelmsford. The U23's are playing a friendly there tonight as well
Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:25 - Jul 25 with 4403 viewsSteve_M

It's not just the numbers, it's the lack of experience of this division. We've all seen enough of it to know how hard it gets for players over a full season when they aren't used to the intensity.

We certainly need a player or two of those with Championship experience.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:28 - Jul 25 with 4352 viewsfooters

I'm just hoping Rommy's OK. Think he may have combusted overnight.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:29 - Jul 25 with 4329 viewsMullet

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:25 - Jul 25 by Steve_M

It's not just the numbers, it's the lack of experience of this division. We've all seen enough of it to know how hard it gets for players over a full season when they aren't used to the intensity.

Would be interesting if Hurst now goes for CCV and similar players who have a year already on loan etc.

Hard to see what his options are without taking a big departure from what he's used to.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 4306 viewsITFC_Forever

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:28 - Jul 25 by footers

I'm just hoping Rommy's OK. Think he may have combusted overnight.

He's self-combusted and dissolved in to a pool of Strongbow and KFC.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:31 - Jul 25 with 4288 viewsHerbivore

I'm not quite so worried about this, when you look at the players we have with substantial experience at this level we're not badly stocked and I think the difference between this league and League 1 is really quality over physicality (the newly promoted sides last season seemed to do okay for the most part). We've currently got:

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Knudsen
Skuse
Ward
Adeyemi
Huws
Bishop
Sears
Garner

All of whom have played multiple seasons at this level. The likes of Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam and Dozzell have a decent number of appearances between them too. The key thing for me now is bringing in quality, I'm not worried about which league that quality comes from.

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 4247 viewsThijssens_Tash

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:18 - Jul 25 by Reuser_is_God

If we are to sell Waghorn it needs to be done ASAP so we have maximum time to use the money, it’s no good leaving it last minute & saying ‘oh, well have a look in January’ it’ll be too late.

Nolan
Townsend
Tilt
Nsiala
Bradshaw

Get it done.

Agree with this completely, also would like a decent right winger
Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:36 - Jul 25 with 4223 viewsHerbivore

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:34 - Jul 25 by Thijssens_Tash

Agree with this completely, also would like a decent right winger

Pretty sure chicoazul is available in our budget.

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:37 - Jul 25 with 4222 viewsITFC_Forever

If ME continues with the #newera mantra, and as it seems that Hurst has been told if he wants to wheel and deal, then he must generate his own funds, then £8m for Waggy and £4m for Webster is a golden opportunity to add quality to our squad.

We have long known that we need to improve the quality of the squad. We also know that we are not able to go round spending £10m on one player, but £8m - £10m on four or five players would add the quality we all know we need.

Edit: We need to get a move on though, with the first game of the season in 10 days time and the window shutting in 15 days.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:38]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:47 - Jul 25 with 4139 viewsSteve_M

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:31 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

I'm not quite so worried about this, when you look at the players we have with substantial experience at this level we're not badly stocked and I think the difference between this league and League 1 is really quality over physicality (the newly promoted sides last season seemed to do okay for the most part). We've currently got:

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Knudsen
Skuse
Ward
Adeyemi
Huws
Bishop
Sears
Garner

All of whom have played multiple seasons at this level. The likes of Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam and Dozzell have a decent number of appearances between them too. The key thing for me now is bringing in quality, I'm not worried about which league that quality comes from.

IF they were all fit, then yes but there are question marks over three of those after long-term injuries, Garner has an injury and Sears' form has been erratic over the last two years.

Bishop has really only played one full season too so we need a bit more in midfield and forward.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:51 - Jul 25 with 4085 viewsCaptainObvious

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:25 - Jul 25 by BluHuws

I'm pretty sure it is Chris Smith back to Chelmsford. The U23's are playing a friendly there tonight as well

Not quite the response i was expecting

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:53 - Jul 25 with 4052 viewsBluebell

My main worry about buying players this late in the season was whether they will have enough time to get used to playing with the team.

That worry has gone having seen Ellis Harrison last night. Considering he had only played in a kick about with the rest of the squad, he was amazing!

More like him please Hurst.
Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:56 - Jul 25 with 4016 viewsSWGF

Bloody hell.....I'm not going down this black hole again.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:58 - Jul 25 with 3969 viewsBOjK

What is your problem with this?

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 3946 viewsReuser_is_God

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:31 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Bart
Spence
Chambers
Knudsen
Skuse
Ward
Adeyemi
Huws
Bishop
Sears
Garner

Spence

LOL

Evans out

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 3945 viewsfooters

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:58 - Jul 25 by BOjK

Wages don't count as money for some people. It's a different kind of money- y'know, the kind that appears from nowhere and disappears somewhere.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 3920 viewsFreddies_Ears

And he would be correct.
Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:03 - Jul 25 with 3900 viewsitfcjoe

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:59 - Jul 25 by footers

Wages don't count as money for some people. It's a different kind of money- y'know, the kind that appears from nowhere and disappears somewhere.

I do understand the point - if our wage bill last season was £x million and this season it is still £x million then has the money been re-invested in wages? Because that is what has happened.

The fees generated have just lowered ME's contribution - not increased the annual wage and fee budget.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:03 - Jul 25 with 3897 viewschicoazul

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:58 - Jul 25 by BOjK

You're not asking me so beg pardon, but are wages an investment? Do the wages go up significantly when we make a big sale?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:03 - Jul 25 with 3890 viewsPinewoodblue

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:29 - Jul 25 by Mullet

Would be interesting if Hurst now goes for CCV and similar players who have a year already on loan etc.

Hard to see what his options are without taking a big departure from what he's used to.

Good shout. EFL sides can sign players in loan after the window closes. Premier League clubs are not able to. If CCV doesn't go out on loan to another PL team I am sure Spurs would allow him to come back to Ipswich.

The world does not end in 10 days.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:04 - Jul 25 with 3880 viewsSwansea_Blue

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:18 - Jul 25 by Reuser_is_God

Nolan
Townsend
Tilt
Nsiala
Bradshaw

Get it done.

It already is the last minute. Season kicks off in a week and 2 days. Can't see us signing 5 players in that time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 10:04 - Jul 25 with 3870 viewsReuser_is_God

Massive 10 days for Hurst and Evans on 09:30 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

He's self-combusted and dissolved in to a pool of Strongbow and KFC.

Anyone checked Morrison’s cafe?

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024