Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... 15:03 - Jul 25 with 12639 viewsKieran_Knows

.... climbing to £8m with clauses.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 5052 viewsElderGrizzly

Too low. Try again i hope is the answer!
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 5039 viewsSitfcB

No deal then.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 5042 viewsitfcjoe

That sounds a bit more realistic - but no point having promotion clauses with the bottle jobs that are Derby

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 5036 viewsKieran_Knows

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

£5m upfront over an £8m deal isn't all that bad in fairness, but agree, another £1.5m on top and we'll start talking.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:08 - Jul 25 with 5010 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

hahahaha
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:08 - Jul 25 with 5000 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Seems odd having a promotion clause in a deal between competitors. Guess ME doesn't see us as competitors!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:09 - Jul 25 with 4988 viewsKieran_Knows

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 by SitfcB

No deal then.

Why no deal? Every deal (near enough) is loaded with clauses these days, and that's a fair opening offer, I would say.

Don't see Derby stumping up too much more upfront, possibly £6m.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:17 - Jul 25 with 4860 viewsunstableblue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:07 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

That sounds a bit more realistic - but no point having promotion clauses with the bottle jobs that are Derby

Exactly.

I genuinely think ME doesn't want to sell unless the offer is impossible to refuse. And pots of money based on promotion from this league are not really of vale in my opinion.

Albeit I expect 6-7million up front would be too good to miss out on.

Derby fans really not happy about the sums being discussed. And Marriott is the main target.

Amazing on Marriott really... I saw him on his few appearances for Town, the system of play was completely unsuited to him, not enough through ball and service into space and on ground. One good thing about Paul's new system is we can bring a whole new type of player into the club.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:19 - Jul 25 with 4828 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why are we in advanced negotiations with them if that’s the offer?

It should be 8m cash at the bare minimum. Though my minimum would’ve been 12m and asking for 15m personally. As we won’t get a guarantee goalscorer in this league for anything less than 6m imo

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:21 - Jul 25 with 4777 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:19 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

It should be 8m cash at the bare minimum. Though my minimum would’ve been 12m and asking for 15m personally. As we won’t get a guarantee goalscorer in this league for anything less than 6m imo

You've not calmed down any then. 15m? Ludicrous.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:22 - Jul 25 with 4746 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:19 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I would say 6m upfront and that's a good deal for us if we get time to reinvest it.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:23 - Jul 25 with 4735 viewsSWGF

You won't sell Waghorn for less than £12m as it's impossible to buy a guaranteed goalscorer in this division for less than £6m, when he cost us £250k?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:24 - Jul 25 with 4711 viewsFrimleyBlue

We've just bought one for under £1Mill

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:24 - Jul 25 with 4706 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:23 - Jul 25 by SWGF

You won't sell Waghorn for less than £12m as it's impossible to buy a guaranteed goalscorer in this division for less than £6m, when he cost us £250k?

Or that bloke who scored 27 and cost £0.

Obviously Rommy hasn't recovered from last night yet :)
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:25 - Jul 25 with 4672 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:24 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

More thinking, less flouncing required.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:27 - Jul 25 with 4636 viewsmaccyd9

Get a grip man.
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:27 - Jul 25 with 4623 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:22 - Jul 25 by KieranMcKenna1

I would say 6m upfront and that's a good deal for us if we get time to reinvest it.

That’s probably what we’ll get. And it will all be reinvested.... in wages. Doubt we’ll be spending more than a couple of million in transfer fees. And what have we spent on them already
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 4576 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:23 - Jul 25 by SWGF

He wasn’t proven. He was a punt.

He’s now proven. And costs a few million. Point proven.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 4565 viewsSitfcB

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:09 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

Why no deal? Every deal (near enough) is loaded with clauses these days, and that's a fair opening offer, I would say.

Don't see Derby stumping up too much more upfront, possibly £6m.

Clauses aren’t always met. Imagine how many weren’t hit with Wickham!

Think Evans is gonna want at least £8mill all up front, I hope.

COYB

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:30 - Jul 25 with 4566 viewsKieranMcKenna1

4m upfront according to sky sports! Check out @RobDorsettSky’s Tweet:

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 4538 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:29 - Jul 25 by SitfcB

Clauses aren’t always met. Imagine how many weren’t hit with Wickham!

Think Evans is gonna want at least £8mill all up front, I hope.

Waghorn won't be going then. He isn't worth that upfront. 6m seems a good compromise.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 4528 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:24 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Again.. he wasn’t proven.

If we are letting Waggy go, we need a proven goalscorer as his replacement. A risky cheap punt will fail more often than work. And there’s 10 days to go until the season starts.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 4529 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:29 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

A punt?! Jesus man. You make it sound like we picked his name out of a hat with a load of strikers names in and got lucky. We identified a target, saw something which others didn't, got him in on the cheap, he did well, and now we are ripping off an idiot club like Derby.

It's not luck. We do this consistently. Unbunch your pants, you've proven no point whatsoever.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:33 - Jul 25 with 4504 viewsSitfcB

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:31 - Jul 25 by KieranMcKenna1

Waghorn won't be going then. He isn't worth that upfront. 6m seems a good compromise.

Evans values him at 8-10million so.... good news then. He stays.

COYB

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:34 - Jul 25 with 4474 viewsSWGF

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:29 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Are you OK?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024