Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... 15:03 - Jul 25 with 12680 viewsKieran_Knows

.... climbing to £8m with clauses.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:35 - Jul 25 with 2511 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:34 - Jul 25 by SWGF

Are you OK?

He's been meltdown mode since last night. He's hysterical. Needs a slap to bring him out of it.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 15:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:36 - Jul 25 with 2505 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:33 - Jul 25 by SitfcB

Evans values him at 8-10million so.... good news then. He stays.

Maybe if it continues to drag until deadline day the price will go up to that as we won't have time to get replacements.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:41 - Jul 25 with 2465 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:30 - Jul 25 by KieranMcKenna1

4m upfront according to sky sports! Check out @RobDorsettSky’s Tweet:

No point in add-ons based on promotion with them.

If they are appearance based, goals based and possibly sell-on then more like it.

The initial tweet was at the time Hurst was saying there was a big difference in valuations so I suspect that may be the offer that was turned down.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:42 - Jul 25 with 2469 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:31 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

A punt?! Jesus man. You make it sound like we picked his name out of a hat with a load of strikers names in and got lucky. We identified a target, saw something which others didn't, got him in on the cheap, he did well, and now we are ripping off an idiot club like Derby.

It's not luck. We do this consistently. Unbunch your pants, you've proven no point whatsoever.

He wasn’t proven in the chanpionship when he signed. So he was a punt. And he was cheap.

So he was a cheap punt.

I find it hilarious how you can be so calm about this. 8m was painful. 4m and the rest as add ons (according to the sky sports reporter) is a disgrace if we sell. Hopefully Evans will at least make derby pay something decent if he chooses to sell.

Anyone happy with this deal happening isn’t a town supporter.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:43 - Jul 25 with 2457 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:42 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

He wasn’t proven in the chanpionship when he signed. So he was a punt. And he was cheap.

So he was a cheap punt.

I find it hilarious how you can be so calm about this. 8m was painful. 4m and the rest as add ons (according to the sky sports reporter) is a disgrace if we sell. Hopefully Evans will at least make derby pay something decent if he chooses to sell.

"Anyone happy with this deal happening isn’t a town supporter."

Who the fook do you think you are mate? You're talking to someone actually from Ipswich you know. Go support West Ham, coming out with shoite like that.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 15:44]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:43 - Jul 25 with 2455 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:41 - Jul 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

No point in add-ons based on promotion with them.

If they are appearance based, goals based and possibly sell-on then more like it.

The initial tweet was at the time Hurst was saying there was a big difference in valuations so I suspect that may be the offer that was turned down.

As for "still want Waghorn after Marriott" does that mean they are bidding for him with no intention of signing him if they can sign Marriott instead.

Surely Marriott is going to be an awful lot cheaper than Waghorn who is proven at this level?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:44 - Jul 25 with 2449 viewsFrimleyBlue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:42 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

So he was a cheap punt.

You're right

200k to £4 Mill outright maybe £8 mill in total is a disgrace for a player who's had 1 good season in 8 and still didn't actually hit 20+ goals.

We need additional players in various positions, we need money, we sold Dyer, we got others, we sold Creswell, we got players. it's how it works

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:46 - Jul 25 with 2432 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:43 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

"Anyone happy with this deal happening isn’t a town supporter."

Who the fook do you think you are mate? You're talking to someone actually from Ipswich you know. Go support West Ham, coming out with shoite like that.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 15:44]

They aren’t. Who thinks about selling their best player and is pleased about it? That’s not what a football supporter does.

You seem happy about it ffs. You’ve spent the last 18 hours fishing for a bite from me because I’ve got the ump that we are gonna sell yet another of our best players.

I’m not even sure what point you are making on the last bit. Because I don’t live in Suffolk, I can’t support Town? What a pile of sh1t. That’s like me seeing you can’t comment on British politics because you live in America. It’s a stupid irrelevant point.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:47 - Jul 25 with 2425 viewsmaccyd9

So he was a cheap punt.

No offence but many on here have probably been going to Town games since before you were born.

Which is why we aren't wetting ourselves over this.

You won't remember administration however I can assure you that selling Ambrose, Holland, Herman for next to nothing was far far far worse than this. Nothing was on our terms then and it is now.
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 2416 viewsVic

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:08 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Seems odd having a promotion clause in a deal between competitors. Guess ME doesn't see us as competitors!

This sounds like their opening offer. Says nothing about ME accepting it or not seeing us as promo competitors!

I think I’m seeing a bit of the old negative spin on all news from ITFC coming back to TWTD. I thought we’d moved on from that!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 2414 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:44 - Jul 25 by FrimleyBlue

You're right

200k to £4 Mill outright maybe £8 mill in total is a disgrace for a player who's had 1 good season in 8 and still didn't actually hit 20+ goals.

We need additional players in various positions, we need money, we sold Dyer, we got others, we sold Creswell, we got players. it's how it works

Cressys replacement was a cheap 10k punt from non league. Thank f*ck that mick could spot a signing from the lower leagues or we’d have been f**ked.

Now we are relying on Hurst finding the cheap punts from the lower leagues. I just pray he’s as good as working with his arms tied behind his back.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 2395 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:47 - Jul 25 by maccyd9

No offence but many on here have probably been going to Town games since before you were born.

Which is why we aren't wetting ourselves over this.

You won't remember administration however I can assure you that selling Ambrose, Holland, Herman for next to nothing was far far far worse than this. Nothing was on our terms then and it is now.

Why is my age at all relevant?

If I spend a couple of grand a year on Ipswich doing 35-37 games a season, I’m entitled to get the ump when we sell our best players every bloody time. Bart will be next.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 2395 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:46 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

They aren’t. Who thinks about selling their best player and is pleased about it? That’s not what a football supporter does.

You seem happy about it ffs. You’ve spent the last 18 hours fishing for a bite from me because I’ve got the ump that we are gonna sell yet another of our best players.

I’m not even sure what point you are making on the last bit. Because I don’t live in Suffolk, I can’t support Town? What a pile of sh1t. That’s like me seeing you can’t comment on British politics because you live in America. It’s a stupid irrelevant point.

Fishing for a bite? Good God, get over yourself. You've been peeing your pants all over the board over something that hasn't even happened yet, may not happen, and even if it does is hardly the end of the world.

You've been lashing out at anyone who dares see it differently, and to top it off you now have the audacity to say that anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a Town fan? Get a grip ffs, you're still wet behind the ears.

Take a break, you're doing yourself no favours.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 2374 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:51 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Fishing for a bite? Good God, get over yourself. You've been peeing your pants all over the board over something that hasn't even happened yet, may not happen, and even if it does is hardly the end of the world.

You've been lashing out at anyone who dares see it differently, and to top it off you now have the audacity to say that anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a Town fan? Get a grip ffs, you're still wet behind the ears.

Take a break, you're doing yourself no favours.

You argue with more people than me on here! You’re a sh1tsttirrur.

All because I had the audacity to think something negative about the club. Open your eyes. All of you.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 2368 viewsFrimleyBlue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:48 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Cressys replacement was a cheap 10k punt from non league. Thank f*ck that mick could spot a signing from the lower leagues or we’d have been f**ked.

Now we are relying on Hurst finding the cheap punts from the lower leagues. I just pray he’s as good as working with his arms tied behind his back.

Another supporter who thinks money is only spent on transfer fees.

How do you think Mcg was given a better contract, Murphy, how we afforded the likes of Fraser, Lawrence, Celina.

So we relied on Mick to find a cheap punt from Scotland, but selling him is wrong, even though hurst has just spent more than mick on a punt from league 1

I'm confused by what your issue is

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:54 - Jul 25 with 2357 viewsHerbivore

So he was a cheap punt.

That last sentence Rommers, have a word with yourself lad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:56 - Jul 25 with 2339 viewsmaccyd9

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:51 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Why is my age at all relevant?

If I spend a couple of grand a year on Ipswich doing 35-37 games a season, I’m entitled to get the ump when we sell our best players every bloody time. Bart will be next.

Your age is relevant because your unable to put things in perspective because you've not actually experienced dark times when we did actually sell players for under their value.

Throwing your toys out like this is ridiculous and as for your entitlement to get the "ump", it's ironic that you were calling out fans as non supporters who have a different view to you.

Anything approaching £5m for Waghorn is fine business.
Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:56 - Jul 25 with 2333 viewsCaptainObvious

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:53 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

All because I had the audacity to think something negative about the club. Open your eyes. All of you.

You're becoming a bitter and twisted old Town supporter - of which I wholeheartedly approve. Keep it up.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:57 - Jul 25 with 2330 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:53 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

If you can't see that telling people that they don't support Ipswich, just because they have a different opinion to you, is bang out of order, then you're not the decent person your previous posts had led me to believe you were. You should be apologising for that one.

Again, I like you Rommy, you are exactly the kind of supporter Town need, but posting on here in mid tantrum isn't doing you any favours.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 15:57]

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:57 - Jul 25 with 2321 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:54 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

That last sentence Rommers, have a word with yourself lad.

Four million pounds. In what way is that a good deal for us? That’s shocking. Add ins like the bottlejob club that is derby going up is absolutely pointless for us.

Evans would be an idiot (which I don’t believe he is actually) if he lets this happen for that price.

At least 8m in cash outright was a good amount of money.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 2301 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll let that one slide because you're upset.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 2251 viewsHerbivore

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:57 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Four million pounds. In what way is that a good deal for us? That’s shocking. Add ins like the bottlejob club that is derby going up is absolutely pointless for us.

Evans would be an idiot (which I don’t believe he is actually) if he lets this happen for that price.

At least 8m in cash outright was a good amount of money.

I get that you're unhappy, but suggesting that anyone who isn't similarly unhappy isn't a Town fan is just plain silly. I wouldn't be happy with £4m up front for what it's worth, it needs to be at least £3m more up front for me to think it's genuinely good business. However, if someone else has the view that getting £4m for Waghorn to be spent elsewhere on the squad is a good move then I'm not going to question whether they even support Town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 2251 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:57 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

If you can't see that telling people that they don't support Ipswich, just because they have a different opinion to you, is bang out of order, then you're not the decent person your previous posts had led me to believe you were. You should be apologising for that one.

Again, I like you Rommy, you are exactly the kind of supporter Town need, but posting on here in mid tantrum isn't doing you any favours.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 15:57]

Don’t play the nice guy act. You don’t ‘like me’ at all. It’s as seethrough as our owner.

If we sign someone as a proper replacement. Someone with a proven championship record that will replace the loss of Waggys goals. And sign the Webster replacement. I’ll apoligse then. But we won’t.

And when we are relegated in the next two/three seasons because we sold Waggy/Bart/Dozzell and our luck on the cheaper punts ran out, I’ll expect an apology too. Because I find it shocking that so many of our fans will be alright with that bollox. It’s gone on too many years. He’s assert stripping and then replacing them on the cheap.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 16:07 - Jul 25 with 2235 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 16:04 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Don’t play the nice guy act. You don’t ‘like me’ at all. It’s as seethrough as our owner.

If we sign someone as a proper replacement. Someone with a proven championship record that will replace the loss of Waggys goals. And sign the Webster replacement. I’ll apoligse then. But we won’t.

And when we are relegated in the next two/three seasons because we sold Waggy/Bart/Dozzell and our luck on the cheaper punts ran out, I’ll expect an apology too. Because I find it shocking that so many of our fans will be alright with that bollox. It’s gone on too many years. He’s assert stripping and then replacing them on the cheap.

You've officially lost it. There's no reasoning with you.

I'm out. I shall await your apology to to all the folk you've labeled non-supporters.

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 16:08 - Jul 25 with 2228 viewsWacko

Derby make initial offer of £5m (upfront) for Waghorn.... on 15:48 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

This is literally one of the 2 main reasons why Hurst was appointed

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024