Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend 08:55 - Aug 2 with 3961 viewsElderGrizzly

There is a new rule starting this season that requires us to include our academy products (players that have been with us since 17 or younger) in the squad. Starting with 1 this season, but talks have been going on to raise this to 3 in future seasons.

“ this weekend is the first time the club-developed player rule will be implemented. Each club have to nominate at least one player who has been registered with them for a minimum of 12 months before the end of his under-19 season on the match-day team sheet in all EFL league competitions. If a club do not name such a player, they can name only six as opposed to seven substitutes”
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 08:58 - Aug 2 with 3323 viewsDanFord

You just know that Mick would have out out 6 subs rather than give experience to a kid he was never going to trust! Not intended to be a dig, just a genuine observation. Didn't we name 6 on the bench once for a similar reason under his tenure?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 3314 viewsCotty

Not much of a punishment though is it? 6 subs surely is enough? Hopefully we won’t have any issues with this anyway.
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 3294 viewsPJH

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 08:58 - Aug 2 by DanFord

You just know that Mick would have out out 6 subs rather than give experience to a kid he was never going to trust! Not intended to be a dig, just a genuine observation. Didn't we name 6 on the bench once for a similar reason under his tenure?

Another ridiculous post.
Not intended as a dig,just an observation.
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 3294 viewsElderGrizzly

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 08:59 - Aug 2 by Cotty

Not much of a punishment though is it? 6 subs surely is enough? Hopefully we won’t have any issues with this anyway.

It’s a start. Moving to 3 will be the real test. We’ll be fine, but some clubs will clearly struggle.

I’m wondering how Brentford will cope as they no longer have an academy to get young players from!
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:01 - Aug 2 with 3288 viewsElderGrizzly

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:00 - Aug 2 by PJH

Another ridiculous post.

Agree. Mick for all his faults, had one of the youngest squads last season
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:05 - Aug 2 with 3250 viewsJon_456

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:01 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. Mick for all his faults, had one of the youngest squads last season

Is there a plan to eventually increase this to 3/5 players?

Its a good start and good news for the club going forward. We surely must be up there in terms of most academy players in the squad?
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:05 - Aug 2 with 3241 viewsDanFord

Another ridiculous post.

I am certain we named 6 subs on one occasion under Mick instead of naming one of the youngsters on the bench. I'm sure someone can confirm.

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:07 - Aug 2 with 3227 viewsElderGrizzly

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:05 - Aug 2 by Jon_456

Is there a plan to eventually increase this to 3/5 players?

Its a good start and good news for the club going forward. We surely must be up there in terms of most academy players in the squad?

Apparently there is a plan to raise this to 3 players in the next few seasons, but needs the agreement of clubs
Login to get fewer ads

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 3198 viewsJon_456

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:07 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

Apparently there is a plan to raise this to 3 players in the next few seasons, but needs the agreement of clubs

Sorry if I'd have read your post fully then id have seen you had already mentioned there's talks for change this to 3.

Hopefully this happens and would be surprised if it was voted against.
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:11 - Aug 2 with 3185 viewspowinswitch

Another ridiculous post.

Nice one PJH! Give it a month, and I'll give you a shout for a beer and a catch up on the start of the season, if you fancy it. Perhaps after the Nodge match. Kings Head or Angel if you want a change of venue!
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:21 - Aug 2 with 3131 viewsslump

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:05 - Aug 2 by DanFord

I am certain we named 6 subs on one occasion under Mick instead of naming one of the youngsters on the bench. I'm sure someone can confirm.

This is going to sound a bit harsh but you don't half come across as a right dick on here.

You can't possibly know all that you profess to. You just react to stories with made up or ill researched guff that you try to pass off as knowledge.

Plonker

UTT

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:26 - Aug 2 with 3100 viewsDanFord

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:21 - Aug 2 by slump

This is going to sound a bit harsh but you don't half come across as a right dick on here.

You can't possibly know all that you profess to. You just react to stories with made up or ill researched guff that you try to pass off as knowledge.

Plonker

Who even are you?

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 3057 viewsDarth_Koont

Of all the sticks to beat Mick with, an unwillingness to use our youth players is barely a twig.

Pronouns: He/Him

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 3014 viewsSomethingBlue

[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:16]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:47 - Aug 2 with 2996 viewsBluefish

I'm embarrassed for you

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 2889 viewsSuperfrans

Mick, who played more under-23s than any other manager in the division last season, according to Klug? Whose first team was (on average) younger than two thirds of the teams in the division?

Once we've signed all these players this week, our starting XI under Hurst is likely to be significantly older than the average team fielded by McCarthy last season.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 10:38]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 10:46 - Aug 2 with 2839 viewsPJH

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:11 - Aug 2 by powinswitch

Nice one PJH! Give it a month, and I'll give you a shout for a beer and a catch up on the start of the season, if you fancy it. Perhaps after the Nodge match. Kings Head or Angel if you want a change of venue!

Certainly meet up again although we must not make hoppy jealous.
I can't wait for ever for another date with hoppy though.

Don't mind where we meet but I have got another holiday sorted from September 7th when there is no football so probably have to be after then.

Will keep in touch.
The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 2797 viewsGuthrum

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 09:05 - Aug 2 by DanFord

In 2013 due to player unavailability. And those 6 included a 17-year-old Byron Lawrence.

Murphy, Stearman and Edwards Back But N'Daw Misses Out 16th Mar 2013 14:37
Daryl Murphy, Richard Stearman and skipper Carlos Edwards return to the Town side for today’s home game against Bolton Wanderers. Boss Mick McCarthy names only six substitutes with only five of the seven domestic loanees available. 10

Edit: Also away to Millwall in 2015, due to Skuse falling ill on the morning of the match.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 11:13]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:07 - Aug 2 with 2784 viewsDanTheMan

Complete load of bóllocks.

This MM revisionism is tiresome.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 11:08]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:16 - Aug 2 with 2745 viewsMachoMan_RandySavage

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 10:46 - Aug 2 by PJH

Certainly meet up again although we must not make hoppy jealous.
I can't wait for ever for another date with hoppy though.

Don't mind where we meet but I have got another holiday sorted from September 7th when there is no football so probably have to be after then.

Will keep in touch.

OHH YEAH
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 11:17]

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:19 - Aug 2 with 2730 viewswkj

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:07 - Aug 2 by DanTheMan

Complete load of bóllocks.

This MM revisionism is tiresome.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 11:08]

Good Dan vs Evil Dan

Which dan will be the danniest of Dans

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yet more encyclopedic football knowledge.... on 11:22 - Aug 2 with 2718 viewsBloots

....from our resident expert.

Did you look up that fact on Wikipedia too?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:24 - Aug 2 with 2704 viewsDarth_Koont

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:19 - Aug 2 by wkj

Good Dan vs Evil Dan

All Dans are the same to me ...

Pronouns: He/Him

All Dans have elements of..... on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 2703 viewsBloots

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:19 - Aug 2 by wkj

Good Dan vs Evil Dan

....good and evil deep within them somewhere.

This is more a case of Dan v Stupid Dan.

My money is on Dan.

Dan.

Dan!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The “Club Developed” rule kicks in this weekend on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 2681 viewsNo9

& what about the PL teams that, have the capability, to send out more than the accumalative numbers of a 1st team squad of academy players, on loan?

Are we really going to get a level playing field?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024