Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much movement tomorrow then? 19:58 - Aug 2 with 4206 viewsMullet

Seems inevitable that Edun will be joined by the two Shrewsbury lads, but will it be a triple unveiling in all likelihood?

Surely Waghorn is off to Boro and the main funding behind this. Possibly Jonas too if interest from Stoke firms up?

Then there’s the loans out, Emmanuel and at least one midfielder out? Maybe the injured Adeyemi and Bishop too before the deadline?

What seemed like a drip drip approach to fixing the gaps and reshaping, has turned into a mammoth project potentially. Can see in the medium term the match day squad being radically different. I just wonder if like many clubs the team from Saturday will look totally alien to what we have come May, wherever we end up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:00 - Aug 2 with 3806 viewsReuser_is_God

I’m not convinced Waghorn is off myself.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 with 3796 viewsSitfcB

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:00 - Aug 2 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not convinced Waghorn is off myself.

Imagine a triple signing announcement along with new contract for Waghorn.

The internet would explode.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 with 3787 viewswkj

From what I gather there is no legs to the Knudsen / Garner story, although that is going off the back of manager talk which is supposed to be misdirecting. I don't wan't to see Waghorn go, but I get the feeling Hurst believes the revenue from his sale will be worth more than his services.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 with 3781 viewsReuser_is_God

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 by SitfcB

Imagine a triple signing announcement along with new contract for Waghorn.

The internet would explode.

So would my penis.

Evans out

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:03 - Aug 2 with 3749 viewsMullet

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 by wkj

From what I gather there is no legs to the Knudsen / Garner story, although that is going off the back of manager talk which is supposed to be misdirecting. I don't wan't to see Waghorn go, but I get the feeling Hurst believes the revenue from his sale will be worth more than his services.

That’s all I’m getting from it. Hurst feels he can do more with several pairs of legs rather than just one. Also I think he not only likes a few loans, but will want a January put aside fund, in case things are going shaky.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of how this summer is going, the bloke has balls. That should be commended.

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:03 - Aug 2 with 3726 viewsReuser_is_God

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:01 - Aug 2 by wkj

My theory is that the sale of Jonas & Garner, added with what we’ve already raised this summer, could well fund the other incoming business we want to do.

Think Hurst would have have Waghorn than Jonas & Garner.

Evans out

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 3705 viewsReuser_is_God

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:03 - Aug 2 by Mullet

That’s all I’m getting from it. Hurst feels he can do more with several pairs of legs rather than just one. Also I think he not only likes a few loans, but will want a January put aside fund, in case things are going shaky.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of how this summer is going, the bloke has balls. That should be commended.

His comments about spending money as if it’s his own tells me he won’t be spending much in January given the complete lack of value.

Evans out

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 3699 viewswkj

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:03 - Aug 2 by Reuser_is_God

My theory is that the sale of Jonas & Garner, added with what we’ve already raised this summer, could well fund the other incoming business we want to do.

Think Hurst would have have Waghorn than Jonas & Garner.

Possibly, I would certainly prefer keeping Waghorn over the other two, although Jonas has come a long way for us- he is kind of like Jamie Peters to me in the sense I respect he is a town player, but wont be gutted when he leaves.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:09 - Aug 2 with 3664 viewsAljoBlue

I am starting to wonder with, i believe, Nsiala and Tilt, out of contract next summer and that they obviously want to rejoin Hurst, maybe we should contact their agent and agree a contract for next summer to be signed in January. Then see how much their clubs want for a loan deal from Jan to end of season. Play the long game and possibly end up with them for free in a years time
How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:24 - Aug 2 with 3527 viewsGarv

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:05 - Aug 2 by wkj

Possibly, I would certainly prefer keeping Waghorn over the other two, although Jonas has come a long way for us- he is kind of like Jamie Peters to me in the sense I respect he is a town player, but wont be gutted when he leaves.

Denmark is quite far. Not a great player though.

To be honest, I'm happy if he goes if we replace him/Kenlock steps up, but happy if he stays.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:32 - Aug 2 with 3466 viewsxrayspecs

Looks like those three are a matter of time and could yet happen tomorrow. In some ways whether it is tomorrow, Sat, Sun or next week does not matter as I would not throw them straight into the squad for Saturday until they have had a chance to get settled into the club.

I suspect that Waggy will only move on once we have signed a new centre forward. Jackson or Stockley?

I would be surprised if Garner leaves this window - he is not fit to pass a medical - while Jonas may yet go but I am not convinced better clubs than us would want him. He is decent but hardly a Prem player in waiting.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 20:34]
How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:38 - Aug 2 with 3396 viewsMullet

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:32 - Aug 2 by xrayspecs

Looks like those three are a matter of time and could yet happen tomorrow. In some ways whether it is tomorrow, Sat, Sun or next week does not matter as I would not throw them straight into the squad for Saturday until they have had a chance to get settled into the club.

I suspect that Waggy will only move on once we have signed a new centre forward. Jackson or Stockley?

I would be surprised if Garner leaves this window - he is not fit to pass a medical - while Jonas may yet go but I am not convinced better clubs than us would want him. He is decent but hardly a Prem player in waiting.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 20:34]

I’d say the Stoke link defies that, but obviously he’s still here. I really don’t see how people don’ rate Jonas now, especially with how far he’s developed.

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:42 - Aug 2 with 3353 viewswkj

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:38 - Aug 2 by Mullet

I’d say the Stoke link defies that, but obviously he’s still here. I really don’t see how people don’ rate Jonas now, especially with how far he’s developed.

I personally think a lot of people who hated mick strongly, hates Jonas by proxy, and the idea he is a bad player ripples throughout the fan base. Like I said, I think he's a solid player, just am not as attached to him as other players.

Crybaby

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:43 - Aug 2 with 3342 viewsFunge

It's gonna be a hella different team to what we saw under Mick, innit?

Bart, Skuse and Chambers the only regular stalwarts from last year you'd expect to be regular this year ((and I'm pretty happy with that; Bart, in particular, is a hell of a signing)

Looking like a rebullt defence, along with a role for Dozzell, and this man Harrison. Where does Garner fit into all this? Will there be a place for Huws?
How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:45 - Aug 2 with 3309 viewswkj

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:43 - Aug 2 by Funge

Bart, Skuse and Chambers the only regular stalwarts from last year you'd expect to be regular this year ((and I'm pretty happy with that; Bart, in particular, is a hell of a signing)

Looking like a rebullt defence, along with a role for Dozzell, and this man Harrison. Where does Garner fit into all this? Will there be a place for Huws?

I think the mid field is being built with frequent rotation in mind. Hurst doesnt feel Andre is ready to start and complete full games it seems, so I reckon the youngsters will chop and change, huws included in that

Crybaby

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:48 - Aug 2 with 3278 viewsMullet

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:42 - Aug 2 by wkj

I personally think a lot of people who hated mick strongly, hates Jonas by proxy, and the idea he is a bad player ripples throughout the fan base. Like I said, I think he's a solid player, just am not as attached to him as other players.

I’m not suggesting he’s a Bart or a Skuse, but I find it baffling there’s that many that follow the lack of thought process you mention.

He’s scored against the scum, more than once! Gives it his all, clearly loves playing for us and even started chipping in with assists last season.

Baffles me, that at the minimum people aren’t just tolerable towards him.

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:48 - Aug 2 with 3273 viewsFunge

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:45 - Aug 2 by wkj

I think the mid field is being built with frequent rotation in mind. Hurst doesnt feel Andre is ready to start and complete full games it seems, so I reckon the youngsters will chop and change, huws included in that

I know bugg3r all about Nolan, but would assume that he will be included in that rotation too.

Hella pleased we kept Bart; he's been worth about 25 points over the last 2 years.
How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:51 - Aug 2 with 3234 viewsMullet

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:43 - Aug 2 by Funge

That could well be Hurst’s undoing or his making couldn’t it? We may well be severely lacking experience and togetherness at least initially and if results and luck aren’t kind again, or vice versa our season could lurch one way or the other very quickly.

I expect we’ll be midtable, solid and in no danger overall. But we need to move past that asap really. I was surprised Hurst doesn’t seem to rate Garner judging by his comments, but we will see. If the player wants out so be it. I quite like him, but if he can’t work as the big man like Morris did and Bogle did briefly for Hurst then there isn’t a place for him here.

I got the impression Huws and Edwards have a connection and will be a force together. You’d have thought he sounded Emyr out a little before signing him.

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:55 - Aug 2 with 3189 viewsxrayspecs

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:38 - Aug 2 by Mullet

Happy to disagree on this. I supported Mick although that got harder year on year. I support our players, always

I am simply not convinced that Jonas is able to step up from Town, to a top end Champ club or into the Prem. He has improved since he arrived but I do not see an upward trajectory much above mid table Championship.
How much movement tomorrow then? on 21:01 - Aug 2 with 3141 viewspowinswitch

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:48 - Aug 2 by Mullet

I’m not suggesting he’s a Bart or a Skuse, but I find it baffling there’s that many that follow the lack of thought process you mention.

He’s scored against the scum, more than once! Gives it his all, clearly loves playing for us and even started chipping in with assists last season.

Baffles me, that at the minimum people aren’t just tolerable towards him.

Jonas gives me the impression he would run through a brick wall for the club. He is a solid left back, and he has improved in his time with us. He is as keen as mustard and suffers from the fact that he followed Cressy and Mings. I don’t rate him highly as a player, hence the use of solid, but value his loyalty and know that he will always give his best. W
How much movement tomorrow then? on 21:10 - Aug 2 with 3052 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bish won’t be going out on loan.
How much movement tomorrow then? on 22:22 - Aug 2 with 2767 viewsWestSussexBlue

There will be nothing tomorrow other than the Fulham lad in.
How much movement tomorrow then? on 00:15 - Aug 3 with 2490 viewspatrickswell

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:03 - Aug 2 by Mullet

“A January put aside fund” - our owner will soon disabuse him of that notion. He needs to get all his business done by August 9, because Evans will fob him off in January, just like every season.
How much movement tomorrow then? on 07:22 - Aug 3 with 2220 viewschristiand

How much movement tomorrow then? on 20:51 - Aug 2 by Mullet

That could well be Hurst’s undoing or his making couldn’t it? We may well be severely lacking experience and togetherness at least initially and if results and luck aren’t kind again, or vice versa our season could lurch one way or the other very quickly.

I expect we’ll be midtable, solid and in no danger overall. But we need to move past that asap really. I was surprised Hurst doesn’t seem to rate Garner judging by his comments, but we will see. If the player wants out so be it. I quite like him, but if he can’t work as the big man like Morris did and Bogle did briefly for Hurst then there isn’t a place for him here.

I got the impression Huws and Edwards have a connection and will be a force together. You’d have thought he sounded Emyr out a little before signing him.

Huws can't be that influential for games if he is spending the majority of his time on the treatment table though!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How much movement tomorrow then? on 07:28 - Aug 3 with 2193 viewsKieran_Knows

How much movement tomorrow then? on 22:22 - Aug 2 by WestSussexBlue

There will be nothing tomorrow other than the Fulham lad in.

Yer that’s what I reckon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024