Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 21:43 - Aug 4 with 5464 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You can literally here people coughing and spluttering on TV and that weirdo who has been in the west stand for years shouting come on you blues. I thought everyone was backing this change?!

The truth of it is the old north stand retired s long time ago and my generation got lost all the way but I was hoping the kids and the OAPs could provide better than that for the opener. Come on people!
Atmosphere on 21:46 - Aug 4 with 4506 viewsmos

Thought the atmosphere was reasonable at times today...

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Atmosphere on 21:48 - Aug 4 with 4482 viewshomer_123

Atmosphere on 21:46 - Aug 4 by mos

In line with the match then 😗

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Atmosphere on 21:52 - Aug 4 with 4444 viewsDanFord

Atmosphere was good. You’re in America. No wonder you can’t hear it.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Atmosphere on 21:52 - Aug 4 with 4440 viewswkj

The old North stand didnt retire, we just got spread out and a roof stuck over us

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Atmosphere on 21:53 - Aug 4 with 4424 viewsLuk38644

It's almost like you weren't there and the TV never does the atmosphere justice.
Atmosphere on 21:56 - Aug 4 with 4400 viewsElderGrizzly

Shows how watching on TV doesn’t give the full picture. Plus of course the editor chooses the audio/microphone ‘feed’ to use.

Atmosphere was certainly good and night and day compared to last season, bar Klug’s games.
A bit quiet for 30mins following their 2nd goal, but the crowd never gave up and were really vocal again in the last 10 mins.

Not sure if the TV picked up the applause/encouragement after Blackburn equalised?
Atmosphere on 21:56 - Aug 4 with 4390 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:52 - Aug 4 by DanFord

Atmosphere was good. You’re in America. No wonder you can’t hear it.

It was on live, sounded very quiet.
Atmosphere on 21:57 - Aug 4 with 4378 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:56 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

Shows how watching on TV doesn’t give the full picture. Plus of course the editor chooses the audio/microphone ‘feed’ to use.

Atmosphere was certainly good and night and day compared to last season, bar Klug’s games.
A bit quiet for 30mins following their 2nd goal, but the crowd never gave up and were really vocal again in the last 10 mins.

Not sure if the TV picked up the applause/encouragement after Blackburn equalised?

Yes it did! I did notice that when Blackburn were walking back to their half.
Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere on 21:58 - Aug 4 with 4358 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:53 - Aug 4 by Luk38644

It's almost like you weren't there and the TV never does the atmosphere justice.

You can get a feel for the energy etc though did seem quiet but you're right I was not.
Atmosphere on 21:59 - Aug 4 with 4336 viewsElderGrizzly

Atmosphere on 21:57 - Aug 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes it did! I did notice that when Blackburn were walking back to their half.

Good! That is the obvious difference for me as well.

If that was Mick’s team you would not get a peep, or booing. This crowd was behind the team an willing them to get better
Atmosphere on 21:59 - Aug 4 with 4332 viewsDanFord

Atmosphere on 21:58 - Aug 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You can get a feel for the energy etc though did seem quiet but you're right I was not.

You clearly can’t get a feel for it because you got it wrong!

Atmosphere on 21:59 - Aug 4 with 4331 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:52 - Aug 4 by wkj

The old North stand didnt retire, we just got spread out and a roof stuck over us

Well it got old and less vocal and clearly many from the 90s who are now over 50 are likely not there.
Atmosphere on 22:00 - Aug 4 with 4337 viewsMonkey

The atmosphere wasn’t bad by any means but it will never be great due to the number of children and older people attending. Obviously everyone’s welcome and the more the merrier but these aren’t they types to chant for 90 mins.

I was in the north stand and singing whenever a chant was going but even the north stand is getting more people in now of an elder persuasion who just don’t sing at all and mutter opinions now and then only.

Only way it will improve substantially is for those who want to sing to all get in the same stand but people would not move seats for things like this so it’s only a pipe dream.

Having said all that, TV never does justice for an atmosphere.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Atmosphere on 22:00 - Aug 4 with 4317 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:59 - Aug 4 by DanFord

You clearly can’t get a feel for it because you got it wrong!

I did see someone from the churchmans shout something on 34 minutes.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:03]
Atmosphere on 22:03 - Aug 4 with 4313 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 22:00 - Aug 4 by Monkey

The atmosphere wasn’t bad by any means but it will never be great due to the number of children and older people attending. Obviously everyone’s welcome and the more the merrier but these aren’t they types to chant for 90 mins.

I was in the north stand and singing whenever a chant was going but even the north stand is getting more people in now of an elder persuasion who just don’t sing at all and mutter opinions now and then only.

Only way it will improve substantially is for those who want to sing to all get in the same stand but people would not move seats for things like this so it’s only a pipe dream.

Having said all that, TV never does justice for an atmosphere.

This is correct. The north stand lower looks like the cobbold lower of 20 years ago and just has some kids clapping in the corner. You can see the types in there and it's massively changed.
Atmosphere on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 4292 viewsbilllm

Atmosphere on 21:46 - Aug 4 by mos

Compared with the late 70s to the early 80s the atmosphere in the whole ground is pants especially the north stand
Atmosphere on 22:06 - Aug 4 with 4275 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Atmosphere on 21:59 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

Good! That is the obvious difference for me as well.

If that was Mick’s team you would not get a peep, or booing. This crowd was behind the team an willing them to get better

For now.... let's hope you're right though.
Atmosphere on 22:09 - Aug 4 with 4243 viewsCurrie10

Atmosphere on 21:56 - Aug 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It was on live, sounded very quiet.

It was poor today.
Atmosphere on 22:15 - Aug 4 with 4193 viewsDanFord

Atmosphere on 22:04 - Aug 4 by billlm

Compared with the late 70s to the early 80s the atmosphere in the whole ground is pants especially the north stand

It’s almost like back then we used to stand and watch us play brilliant football and be one of the worlds best isn’t it.

Atmosphere on 22:17 - Aug 4 with 4165 viewsSitfcB

Yawn.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Atmosphere on 22:25 - Aug 4 with 4096 viewssolemio

Atmosphere on 22:17 - Aug 4 by SitfcB

Yawn.

With this intelligently perceptive comment you have completely changed my views.
Atmosphere on 23:30 - Aug 4 with 3908 viewsBlueinBrum

Atmosphere was perfectly ok, not exactly bouncing but much better than it must have sounded on tv.
Atmosphere on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 3854 viewsTendring_Blue

By today's standards that was a good atmosphere. Miles better than last season.

I was at the game and enjoyed it thoroughly, that's all that counts really isn't it. Wouldn't do anything else with my Saturday afternoon, good friends some decent football at times. Love it!

Football on TV will never, ever rival the real deal. You just don't get the same connection to it. I don't know how anyone could follow a team on TV really, I know that's because not all can go but it nowhere near being at the ground. They could show all our games for free in uhd and I'd still choose to travel down and watch.

We're a work in progress, but today was excellent fun.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 23:41]
Atmosphere on 23:41 - Aug 4 with 3849 viewsfloridablue

Yes I know i wasn't there in person, but out of the 4 EFL games I've watched on ESPN+ our game came through as the flatest/lack of atmosphere on TV. I'm a guy now in my 60s and an ex-north stander from the Robson generation but boy the stadium needs to do better to lift the team in my opinion.
Atmosphere on 23:50 - Aug 4 with 3803 viewsmos

I’m 16, I obviously wasn’t comparing to when times were vastly better, but in relative to the last few seasons, it was alright.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024