Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home 12:08 - Aug 7 with 65160 viewsArcher4721

Vandals have attacked the family home of prominent Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset, when the Rees-Mogg family were on holiday in the US.

Police said graffiti was sprayed "on a building and on a car" and damage was caused to a garden.

According to a report in the Mail Online, the words "posh scum" were written on windows of the house.

Mr Rees-Mogg's office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further.

The MP's 17th Century country home, called Gournay Court, is a listed building. He also owns a £5.6m house in Westminster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 2604 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:12 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

What’s the technicality here exactly other than you trying again and again to claim stuff I never said?

Congrats on having the same crowd who upvote anything disagreeing with me doing the same old. Ryorry, Stokie and Libby (with the odd Glassers contribution). You could tell me the sky is green and oddly they’d be no where to be seen for that one.

Right this is my last post. Not necessarily last on the thread but last about this.

You've repeatedly accused me of making things up. I haven't. Only you and Dolly seem to agree with your view.

You repeatedly make out the same group are out to get you and ignore all the other posters who have agreed with us. Seems to be a defence mechanism where you can then dismiss all the replies and pretend poor Callis is the victim.

I argue with Libero on a weekly basis! He down votes me as much as he up votes me. Ryorry and Stokie also disagree with me quite often. We're not some little clique out to get you. We just happen to have the same opinion on this thread. An opinion I believe would be shared by any rational neutral based on your posts. It's far easier for you to suggest we're all looking at the username rather than the content of the posts.

You can have the last word. People can read the thread for themselves if they want to.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 2584 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:11 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

We've done this so many times, you really don't care about what I actually say do you?

1. I'm a remainer. I disagree with Corbyn on Europe. I've lost count of the times I've said this but you continue with the 'Dolly supports everything Corbyn' narrative.

2. I have criticised Morrissey for some of the things he's said.

3. I defended Callis in terms of hypocrisy in this thread, not JRM being attacked. If you bother to read I've said I don't agree with that.

Would you mind stopping lying? Thanks awfully.

1. I didn't say 'Dolly supports everything Corbyn', I said you, and I quote, bend over backwards to excuse "you know who" from the left despite being presented with evidence that he has consorted with some of the worst people imaginable.

That is a fact. You spent years dismissing hard evidence of his support and association with terrorists, antsemites, blood libelers and Holocaust deniders as smears.

2. Re Morrissy. You defend his racist remarks constantly. Putting it down to him just being controversial.

This is a typical Dolly defence of Morrissey's racist remarks.

"Also, I think Morrissey is often a bit of a troll. He says controversial stuff to wind people up. Dunno why he feels the need to do that, just like I don't really understand trolls on here, but we're all different.

BTW, he said to the crowd last night that he doesn't read twitter and has never posted on there. Don't know what he's referring to there but it would suggest some comments attributed to him weren't by him".

Here is one such thread.

Looks like Morrissey is going on the "Free Tommy Robinson" march by Lord_Lucan 6 Jun 2018 21:33
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/morrissey-tommy-robinson-edl-uk-politics-prison-interview-a8386136.html?amp

3. I didn't say you supported the attack on JRM's property.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:30 - Aug 10 with 2581 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:18 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

He stated 3M in the first place? Why was it only an issue when I replied?

Even if his 3M was based on a percentage of 4.1M Muslims who believe that, It’s still 21% higher than your stat (which I am aware of BTW).

My main point, as said earlier, is picking which battles you fight.

OK . You win. I'm wrong.

I should be taking full advantage of my Mrs being in Italy. Not arguing with you and Dolly on here.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:31 - Aug 10 with 2577 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:25 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Right this is my last post. Not necessarily last on the thread but last about this.

You've repeatedly accused me of making things up. I haven't. Only you and Dolly seem to agree with your view.

You repeatedly make out the same group are out to get you and ignore all the other posters who have agreed with us. Seems to be a defence mechanism where you can then dismiss all the replies and pretend poor Callis is the victim.

I argue with Libero on a weekly basis! He down votes me as much as he up votes me. Ryorry and Stokie also disagree with me quite often. We're not some little clique out to get you. We just happen to have the same opinion on this thread. An opinion I believe would be shared by any rational neutral based on your posts. It's far easier for you to suggest we're all looking at the username rather than the content of the posts.

You can have the last word. People can read the thread for themselves if they want to.

Hey!!!!! I'm hurt you left me out.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:34 - Aug 10 with 2577 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:31 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Hey!!!!! I'm hurt you left me out.

I forgot about you! Sorry. We're certainly not afraid to disagree with each other.

Now stop bullying Callis you awful brute.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:57 - Aug 10 with 2521 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:25 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Before you go, would you mind telling me what I'm supposed to be agreeing with?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:59 - Aug 10 with 2513 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:57 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

Everything they say and do, particularly if it’s some kind of odd personal attack.

But you’re the one who ALWAYS has to be right. LOOK AT ALL THESE UPPIES, THE INTERNET HAS SPOKEN.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:11 - Aug 10 with 2451 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:28 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

1. I didn't say 'Dolly supports everything Corbyn', I said you, and I quote, bend over backwards to excuse "you know who" from the left despite being presented with evidence that he has consorted with some of the worst people imaginable.

That is a fact. You spent years dismissing hard evidence of his support and association with terrorists, antsemites, blood libelers and Holocaust deniders as smears.

2. Re Morrissy. You defend his racist remarks constantly. Putting it down to him just being controversial.

This is a typical Dolly defence of Morrissey's racist remarks.

"Also, I think Morrissey is often a bit of a troll. He says controversial stuff to wind people up. Dunno why he feels the need to do that, just like I don't really understand trolls on here, but we're all different.

BTW, he said to the crowd last night that he doesn't read twitter and has never posted on there. Don't know what he's referring to there but it would suggest some comments attributed to him weren't by him".

Here is one such thread.

Looks like Morrissey is going on the "Free Tommy Robinson" march by Lord_Lucan 6 Jun 2018 21:33
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/morrissey-tommy-robinson-edl-uk-politics-prison-interview-a8386136.html?amp

3. I didn't say you supported the attack on JRM's property.

1. I said it's a narrative. And your 'evidence' about who he supports is not "hard". He's appeared on the same stage as someone... he's appeared on a TV channel... none of this is evidence he supports the more vile views of these people.

We've done all this before and so many times. I'm sure people are bored with it. But I'll ask again, do you agree with ALL the views of EVERYONE you associate with?

You can say this is me dismissing evidence. I say it's you desperately trying to make something stick to Corbyn. You've admitted Tory Central Office was storing up stories to try and smear Corbyn. It's all part of the game (starting with not singing the National Anthem and having a straight tie = he hates the West).

2. I don't "constantly defend Morrissey's racist remarks". I've said he's a wind-up merchant. That's it. I still disagree with racist remarks from anyone. If this is a constant thing then you'll be able to provide plenty more examples...

3. "I didn't say you supported the attack on JRM's property." - "You’ve been defending Callis’ position all over this thread so I had assumed you agreed with his assessment of JRM..'

So what exactly am I supporting?!?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 2426 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:30 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

OK . You win. I'm wrong.

I should be taking full advantage of my Mrs being in Italy. Not arguing with you and Dolly on here.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Blimey, did she forget to stop rowing?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:20 - Aug 10 with 2364 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:57 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

You've backed him up constantly on this thread despite him strongly suggesting that the attack on Rees-Mogg's property was fair game. I say strongly suggesting because he hasn't actually said it but anyone can clearly see what he's saying. It doesn't take making things up, it's right here in black and white.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:24 - Aug 10 with 2330 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:14 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

GB got out for a second and she took her chance. Fair play.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:24 - Aug 10 with 2314 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:14 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

She left me because I wouldn't row.

Nah her sister is having a hard time of things so the mrs booked some cheap Ryanair flights to get her away for a few days.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 2298 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:20 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

You've backed him up constantly on this thread despite him strongly suggesting that the attack on Rees-Mogg's property was fair game. I say strongly suggesting because he hasn't actually said it but anyone can clearly see what he's saying. It doesn't take making things up, it's right here in black and white.

I've backed him in that I've said I think he was joking (as in they should've burnt the house down). Nowhere have I said i condone the attack on JRM's property.

Looks like you're struggling with the stuff in black and white, as Callis has said. Unless you want to link where I've said the attack on Rees-Mogg's property was fair game?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:28 - Aug 10 with 2280 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:26 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

I've backed him in that I've said I think he was joking (as in they should've burnt the house down). Nowhere have I said i condone the attack on JRM's property.

Looks like you're struggling with the stuff in black and white, as Callis has said. Unless you want to link where I've said the attack on Rees-Mogg's property was fair game?

J2 is making stuff up, but he has 3/4 up arrows on his posts so SHUT UP DOLLY.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:30 - Aug 10 with 2268 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:26 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

I said you've backed him up, I never said you believe it.

Everyone else who has posted on this thread seems to see his posts the same way I do.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:34 - Aug 10 with 2230 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:24 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Nah her sister is having a hard time of things so the mrs booked some cheap Ryanair flights to get her away for a few days.

Do you mean row or row?

I hope they're alright getting back, I saw something on the news about Ryanair cancelling loads of flights.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:36 - Aug 10 with 2204 viewsSwansea_Blue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:24 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Lucky you. Chance for a life of debauchery - hookers, champagne, the full video of the 1978 cup final with ALL the build-up. Pure filth and self indulgence. 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:38 - Aug 10 with 2174 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:30 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

I said you've backed him up, I never said you believe it.

Everyone else who has posted on this thread seems to see his posts the same way I do.

I've backed that he was joking. That's it. One of his lines was from Alan Partridge!

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. It's all got a bit weird, silly and confusing. Maybe I'm tired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:40 - Aug 10 with 2153 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:36 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

Lucky you. Chance for a life of debauchery - hookers, champagne, the full video of the 1978 cup final with ALL the build-up. Pure filth and self indulgence. 😂

He's already doing his favourite indulgence - arguing with me and Callis!

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:41 - Aug 10 with 2145 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 21:12 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

What’s the technicality here exactly other than you trying again and again to claim stuff I never said?

Congrats on having the same crowd who upvote anything disagreeing with me doing the same old. Ryorry, Stokie and Libby (with the odd Glassers contribution). You could tell me the sky is green and oddly they’d be no where to be seen for that one.

And you're the one accusing J2 of "making stuff up" ...

You may not believe me, but I promise you that I only vote according to the actual content of a post, and not in response to who wrote it - unlike some on here sometimes, I might add (not in this thread). If you look back on the thread to a few pages ago, you'll see that I also upvoted you.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:44 - Aug 10 with 2115 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:36 - Aug 10 by Swansea_Blue

Having a thigh strain and being doped up on Tramadol has put pay to that. That and 4 kids to feed and look after.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:47 - Aug 10 with 2092 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:44 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Having a thigh strain and being doped up on Tramadol has put pay to that. That and 4 kids to feed and look after.

6 kids.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:50 - Aug 10 with 2160 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:50 - Aug 10 with 2152 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:47 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

6 kids.

Unless I've miscounted it's definitely 4.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:54 - Aug 10 with 2142 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 22:50 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Unless I've miscounted it's definitely 4.

You forgot me and Callis.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024