Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home 12:08 - Aug 7 with 65391 viewsArcher4721

Vandals have attacked the family home of prominent Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset, when the Rees-Mogg family were on holiday in the US.

Police said graffiti was sprayed "on a building and on a car" and damage was caused to a garden.

According to a report in the Mail Online, the words "posh scum" were written on windows of the house.

Mr Rees-Mogg's office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further.

The MP's 17th Century country home, called Gournay Court, is a listed building. He also owns a £5.6m house in Westminster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 12:23 - Aug 10 with 2534 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 12:17 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

There will always be an element of not caring so much about someone you don't like or agree with getting attacked. That's very different from condoning it.

When Callis made the (obvious) joke about "shame they didn't burn his house down" I don't think for one second Callis actually wanted that to happen.

Will there? I think it's disgusting that people think having different views gives them the right to attack someone's property whoever the target is. I think Tommy Robinson is a tool but I wouldn't want to see his house targeted.

He's more than doubled down on his opinion that it doesn't really matter since.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:00 - Aug 10 with 2478 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 10:09 - Aug 10 by StokieBlue

Once again it's not what I've said at all.

I said I was happy for everyone to have an opinion. I asked Callis and he gave it - that is different to hearing your interpretation of his opinion. I'm also very happy to hear your opinion on whether illegal means are acceptable if you don't agree with someone.

I really don't understand why this is an issue. I asked him a question, he answered, everything is good.

SB

His interpretation was correct though.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 2467 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 11:51 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Your last line really lifts the veil.

Callis the social justice warrior who will rally in defence of anyone and everyone will look the other way when these tactics are used against people he disagrees with. You’re a massive hypocrite.

As I posted earlier in the thread, Rees-Mogg said in 2013 that he would be ‘whipped’ by the Catholic Church. Since then we’ve had two elections and he’s been returned as an MP. I was told that by voting for Brexit I was responsible for any unintended consequences. His constituents knew the consequences in advance and returned him anyway. It should be them you have a problem with. Rees-Mogg has never been dishonest about his intentions. Him being a Catholic doesn’t make him fair game like you seem to think.

We have more people like you on both sides who think any tactics are acceptable against those who disagree with them. There is so little balance left. It’s so tedious. Next time you go into ultra offended mode to rally in defence of a certain group we’ll know if they were a group you disagreed with you wouldn’t really care.

I think you need to calm down and stop assuming things because I said "Meh" about the whole thing. I also think "Meh" to the Corbyn house sign Glassers linked above.

I think you should stop getting so personal, making stuff up and looking for an argument really. Now you're assuming I think hes "fair game" for being Catholic. Where did you get that one from!?

"Next time you go into ultra offended mode to rally in defence of a certain group" - I tend to get "ultra offended" by racism, homophobia and sexism mostly. I don't think spraying "posh tw@t" on a sexist homophobe's house is that much a big deal in the scheme of that and hence why I say "Meh".

But hey, that's the 8th time I've explained that in this thread, please don't risk your wider agenda here by taking that at face value and continue to pretend I'm a back peddling hypocrite. That's far FAR more important than the homophobic and sexist values JRM holds and the same view some posters have echoed in this very thread that have gone unchallenged by yourself. Think I'll sleep at night knowing I pick the right battles on that one.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:10]

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:08 - Aug 10 with 2460 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 10:41 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/tracy-ullman-host-a-hilarious-woke-support-gro

(Jamie) "I find the word 'Hob Nob very phalo-centric".

(Tracy) "F*ck off Jamie"

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 2448 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:06 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I think you need to calm down and stop assuming things because I said "Meh" about the whole thing. I also think "Meh" to the Corbyn house sign Glassers linked above.

I think you should stop getting so personal, making stuff up and looking for an argument really. Now you're assuming I think hes "fair game" for being Catholic. Where did you get that one from!?

"Next time you go into ultra offended mode to rally in defence of a certain group" - I tend to get "ultra offended" by racism, homophobia and sexism mostly. I don't think spraying "posh tw@t" on a sexist homophobe's house is that much a big deal in the scheme of that and hence why I say "Meh".

But hey, that's the 8th time I've explained that in this thread, please don't risk your wider agenda here by taking that at face value and continue to pretend I'm a back peddling hypocrite. That's far FAR more important than the homophobic and sexist values JRM holds and the same view some posters have echoed in this very thread that have gone unchallenged by yourself. Think I'll sleep at night knowing I pick the right battles on that one.

I stand by everything i've said and I believe it's all evidenced by your posts. People can decide for themselves if they agree with either of us.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 2447 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:06 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

You're still refusing to acknowledge that this is bound to affect his children though, and that's totally unacceptable in my book - they' had certainly done nothing wrong to warrant that kind of attack on their home and their lives.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 2439 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:12 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

You're still refusing to acknowledge that this is bound to affect his children though, and that's totally unacceptable in my book - they' had certainly done nothing wrong to warrant that kind of attack on their home and their lives.

I agree there TBF, but I still think "Meh" about the whole thing.

Hopefully they won't grow up to have the same views as their father.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:16 - Aug 10 with 2434 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:12 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

I stand by everything i've said and I believe it's all evidenced by your posts. People can decide for themselves if they agree with either of us.

Thanks anonymous forum poster I've never met. Where do I send the bill for your private psychiatric evaluation.

You can stand by everything you said but it's all based on assumptions. I'll stick with mine that you seem to be more offended by someone on the internet you don't like than racism and homophobia. Sleep well.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:17]

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 2404 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:16 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

Thanks anonymous forum poster I've never met. Where do I send the bill for your private psychiatric evaluation.

You can stand by everything you said but it's all based on assumptions. I'll stick with mine that you seem to be more offended by someone on the internet you don't like than racism and homophobia. Sleep well.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:17]

'I'll stick with mine that you seem to be more offended by someone on the internet you don't like than racism and homophobia.'

I said the other day I can't call for balance without it looking like i'm defending those views. Just another part of the black and white debating style which is becoming ever more common.

Thanks, you sleep well too.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:22 - Aug 10 with 2399 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:21 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

'I'll stick with mine that you seem to be more offended by someone on the internet you don't like than racism and homophobia.'

I said the other day I can't call for balance without it looking like i'm defending those views. Just another part of the black and white debating style which is becoming ever more common.

Thanks, you sleep well too.

But it's okay for you to make stuff up of course.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 2391 viewsSpruceMoose

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 10:05 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

Wow. That last line is incredible. That's exactly what you've done in this ...oh I see you've edited it.

Once again..."I'm happy for everyone to have an opinion. I've not said otherwise so perhaps not to put words into my mouth" and yet here we are again with you saying I shouldn't comment.

I give up.

I'm done.

Rule #1 of TWTD posting - When you say 'I'm done', you're far from done.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 2390 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:22 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I don't believe I have made anything up. As I said people can decide for themselves based on the posts in this thread.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 2380 viewsSpruceMoose

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:24 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

Rule #1 of TWTD posting - When you say 'I'm done', you're far from done.

Also applies to 'I'm oot'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 2380 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:22 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

Oh come on Callis, all he said was that it's all there for people to read and come to their own conclusions about (or words to that effect).

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 2364 viewsBangor31

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 09:37 - Aug 9 by monytowbray

There isn't even 3 million Muslims in the UK mate.

As I said, you've either fudged your figures or you're a bit racist.

Again, I never justified or condoned it, just said "meh" about the whole thing. I think in the scheme of what bothers me socially this ranks pretty low on my list.

Under the model which assumes median migration levels, the number of Muslims in the country would rise from 4.1m in 2016 to 13m in 2050.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/29/muslim-population-uk-could-triple-13

took me all of 5 seconds to find out once again you are false

i've only now got to page 12 an the people backing the act seem to have changed their argument as to why it is okay several times, we who think it shouldn't happen have not had to waiver at all
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:33]
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 2364 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:26 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

Oh come on Callis, all he said was that it's all there for people to read and come to their own conclusions about (or words to that effect).

He can get some uppies from Libby though so good for him.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 2351 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:32 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I get plenty of downvotes from him too.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:42 - Aug 10 with 2331 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:31 - Aug 10 by Bangor31

Under the model which assumes median migration levels, the number of Muslims in the country would rise from 4.1m in 2016 to 13m in 2050.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/29/muslim-population-uk-could-triple-13

took me all of 5 seconds to find out once again you are false

i've only now got to page 12 an the people backing the act seem to have changed their argument as to why it is okay several times, we who think it shouldn't happen have not had to waiver at all
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:33]

I based it on the 2011 census. So really it's not false at all.

So based on your 4.1m stat, if we give you the benefit of the doubt on face value, are you saying 71% oppose gay marriage? I have a feeling you are still making sweeping generalisations here.

The point is irrelevant though really. My objection was when debating an individual you decided to drag an entire religion into it as a counter argument. Hence why I assumed you were being a bit racist. I'm happy to apologise for that comment if you either accept you fudged your stats or can justify your stance though.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:44 - Aug 10 with 2322 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:32 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

You seem to have dodged the point.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 2308 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:44 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

You seem to have dodged the point.

I seem to have dodged the ability to care.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:49 - Aug 10 with 2290 viewsSpruceMoose

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:47 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I seem to have dodged the ability to care.

Not to be that guy, but you sure are posting a lot for someone who doesn't care.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 2269 viewsBangor31

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:42 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

So based on your 4.1m stat, if we give you the benefit of the doubt on face value, are you saying 71% oppose gay marriage? I have a feeling you are still making sweeping generalisations here.

The point is irrelevant though really. My objection was when debating an individual you decided to drag an entire religion into it as a counter argument. Hence why I assumed you were being a bit racist. I'm happy to apologise for that comment if you either accept you fudged your stats or can justify your stance though.

wasn't my comments but you have to see that if you are okay for an individual with these views to have his house vandalised then why are you not okay if people do it to a group that hold these views.

i think one of the things being missed by many here is that an opinion isn't fact. so therefore your view and my view on gay marriage, abortion, free market economics, football teams to support can't be correct or wrong.

so for example i think nearly all of us would agree murder isn't okay, doesn't mean that is the correct view.

if we go back to one of your early points is was okay to vandalise his house due to his stance being extreme on several topics; environment, abortion, gay marriage, and one or two others. his stances on all of these issues are no less correct than yours it is also no more correct than yours.

hence debate, how to i sway others to my way of thinking
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 2266 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:49 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

Not to be that guy, but you sure are posting a lot for someone who doesn't care.

My stance has remained the same throughout. MEH.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 2259 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:42 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

He said a majority. 52% of British Muslims surveyed recently said they thought homosexuality should be illegal. That compares with just 5% of the non Muslim population in this country.

Like JRM, they base their objections on religious grounds.

I would be absolutely horrified if leading members of the British Muslim Council had their homes targeted because of their religious beliefs.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 14:01]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:03 - Aug 10 with 2241 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:57 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

He said a majority. 52% of British Muslims surveyed recently said they thought homosexuality should be illegal. That compares with just 5% of the non Muslim population in this country.

Like JRM, they base their objections on religious grounds.

I would be absolutely horrified if leading members of the British Muslim Council had their homes targeted because of their religious beliefs.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 14:01]

Agree 100%.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024