Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home 12:08 - Aug 7 with 65163 viewsArcher4721

Vandals have attacked the family home of prominent Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset, when the Rees-Mogg family were on holiday in the US.

Police said graffiti was sprayed "on a building and on a car" and damage was caused to a garden.

According to a report in the Mail Online, the words "posh scum" were written on windows of the house.

Mr Rees-Mogg's office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further.

The MP's 17th Century country home, called Gournay Court, is a listed building. He also owns a £5.6m house in Westminster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:31 - Aug 10 with 4809 viewsBenters2

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 11:22 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

I thought he meant that he's older than Libero, therefore has more years' experience on the clock, but I could be wrong!

No i think you are wrong,he clearly meant he has had issues longer that Libby.. my dads bigger than your dad,playground stuff innit.
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 4817 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:57 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

He said a majority. 52% of British Muslims surveyed recently said they thought homosexuality should be illegal. That compares with just 5% of the non Muslim population in this country.

Like JRM, they base their objections on religious grounds.

I would be absolutely horrified if leading members of the British Muslim Council had their homes targeted because of their religious beliefs.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 14:01]

But we arw discussing an individual here and not an entire religion. But an entire religion was dragged in.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 4803 views_

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:31 - Aug 10 by Benters2

No i think you are wrong,he clearly meant he has had issues longer that Libby.. my dads bigger than your dad,playground stuff innit.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 4798 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:32 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

But we arw discussing an individual here and not an entire religion. But an entire religion was dragged in.

Another poster was pointing out that you can't go around vandalising people's homes because you disagree with their religious view.

He put up statistics that you disputed. I was simply confirming thos estatistics were correct.

You even disputed his approximate figure of 3million Muslims currently living in the UK, even though you had checked the 2011 census which stood at just under 2.8million. Did you expect the population to go backwards over the past seven years?

You just seem to have doubled down on everything you have said in this thread rather than having a think about some things and admitted that on occasion you were wrong.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 14:41]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 4784 viewsBenters2

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:26 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

Also applies to 'I'm oot'.

End of?
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 4753 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:37 - Aug 10 by Benters2

End of?

Balls. Rule Britannia. God bless America.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:16 - Aug 10 with 4712 viewsNo9

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:36 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Another poster was pointing out that you can't go around vandalising people's homes because you disagree with their religious view.

He put up statistics that you disputed. I was simply confirming thos estatistics were correct.

You even disputed his approximate figure of 3million Muslims currently living in the UK, even though you had checked the 2011 census which stood at just under 2.8million. Did you expect the population to go backwards over the past seven years?

You just seem to have doubled down on everything you have said in this thread rather than having a think about some things and admitted that on occasion you were wrong.

But Mr Rees-Mogg is happy to have a company of which he is founder/ director (ex?) seel abortion causing substances in countries where they are not illegal- his objections cannot be religious can they? More a commercial consideration.
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:20 - Aug 10 with 4705 viewshype313

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:16 - Aug 10 by No9

But Mr Rees-Mogg is happy to have a company of which he is founder/ director (ex?) seel abortion causing substances in countries where they are not illegal- his objections cannot be religious can they? More a commercial consideration.

Still doesn't condone attacking his home though, no matter how odious he is.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 4692 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:47 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I seem to have dodged the ability to care.

This thread's been a big negative for you don't you think?

Maybe try to turn it into a positive by leaving it for a day or two, then re-reading it as if through the eyes of an objective outsider - someone you respect - and learning from that?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:59 - Aug 10 with 4661 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:36 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Not entirely sure what you are trying to argue about any more. The original figure of 3M cited was incorrect and based on nothing. I cited a 2011 census which was at least based on data and I conceded on the fact in my follow up point based on 4.1M as an estimate. Why was this not an issue when 3M was cited earlier for you? Very odd.

I also see you are doing your old "deny context when it suits you" thing again. He didn't say "a Muslim who opposes gay marriage's home", he said "3 million Muslim homes" which is why I was curious as to how that figure came about. I was of the impression it was based on a religious assumption. Again, we are debating the individual on religious grounds here, not an entire religion based on the views of a percentage, which is pretty text book when it comes to racism.

We seem to have gone from a personal attack on JRM to attacking an entire religion to win points, which never was and still isn't the point nor what is being discussed.

What exactly am I "wrong" about here? Is the fact I have said "I'm not bothered in the scheme of wider issues and if you think that makes me an a*sehole so be it" something that bothers you and a few other posters here that much?

Threads like this where people are willing to overlook homophobic comments to instead try and win points continually prove a select group have agendas on the name of the poster rather than the content of the post.

I'll go back to my classic "If Lucan said it no one would bat an eyelid" comment because it's true.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 4657 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:28 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

This thread's been a big negative for you don't you think?

Maybe try to turn it into a positive by leaving it for a day or two, then re-reading it as if through the eyes of an objective outsider - someone you respect - and learning from that?

I still stand by my original comments and I'm really not bothered if that upsets people. If you want to cry for a homophobic sexist toff then that's your right to do so.

If you believe I should respect your right to not be bothered by animal slaughter in favour of eating them then you should respect my right to not be bothered when someone spray paints a mean word on a vile person's house. It's almost as if we prioritise issues based on our own consciences or something...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 16:05]

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:03 - Aug 10 with 4654 viewsNo9

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 15:20 - Aug 10 by hype313

Still doesn't condone attacking his home though, no matter how odious he is.

Where did I suggest it did?
The comment was on Mr R-M in relation to his supposed religious beliefs - actions speak louder than words.
The law MUST be upheld. At the moment this is a very serious problem with police inactivity on a number of matters needing explanation.
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:09 - Aug 10 with 4647 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:02 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I still stand by my original comments and I'm really not bothered if that upsets people. If you want to cry for a homophobic sexist toff then that's your right to do so.

If you believe I should respect your right to not be bothered by animal slaughter in favour of eating them then you should respect my right to not be bothered when someone spray paints a mean word on a vile person's house. It's almost as if we prioritise issues based on our own consciences or something...

'If you want to cry for a homophobic sexist toff then that's your right to do so. '

I find it amazing you're getting upset about people bringing religion into a debate where Rees-Mogg's actions were entirely down to religion.

As for your meat example, I don't think you should respect my choice to eat animals. I don't care if you do or don't.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:11 - Aug 10 with 4641 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:09 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

'If you want to cry for a homophobic sexist toff then that's your right to do so. '

I find it amazing you're getting upset about people bringing religion into a debate where Rees-Mogg's actions were entirely down to religion.

As for your meat example, I don't think you should respect my choice to eat animals. I don't care if you do or don't.

Was more based on Ryorry's previous meltdowns than anything you've ever said.

I said "attacking an entire religion". Come on J2, you're not thick. You know exactly what I meant and now you're pretending I said something else AGAIN.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 16:12]

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:16 - Aug 10 with 4623 viewsBenters2

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 14:44 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Balls. Rule Britannia. God bless America.

Poke it ?
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:20 - Aug 10 with 4618 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:11 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

I said "attacking an entire religion". Come on J2, you're not thick. You know exactly what I meant and now you're pretending I said something else AGAIN.

You keep trying to spin this into me making things up to attack you. That's genuinely not what i'm doing. I'm simply using what you've posted to make my point. You keep making reasonable posts and then adding something like 'if you want to cry for a sexist homophobic toff' which seems to suggest we shouldn't feel any sympathy for him because of what he believes. As i've said twice before in this thread, his constituency elected him knowing exactly how he would vote on these issues. He was elected with a majority of 10,000+ last year. He has always been honest about his feelings on gay marriage etc.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:32 - Aug 10 with 4598 viewsRyorry

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:11 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

Link to any post of mine where I've "melted down" please. But if you don't, I'll understand you not wanting to waste days of your time looking fruitlessly.

I was trying to be helpful to you - and you repond like that. I'll leave you to it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 17:38 - Aug 10 with 4545 viewswitchdoctor

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:32 - Aug 10 by Ryorry

Link to any post of mine where I've "melted down" please. But if you don't, I'll understand you not wanting to waste days of your time looking fruitlessly.

I was trying to be helpful to you - and you repond like that. I'll leave you to it.

🍿🍿🍿🍿
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 17:45 - Aug 10 with 4538 viewsjimmyvet

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 16:02 - Aug 10 by monytowbray

This is the problem with somebody like yourself you can see discrimination when its from the far right but you can't see it or work it out when your comments are just as discriminative and extreme as theirs....
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:32 - Aug 10 with 4488 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 17:45 - Aug 10 by jimmyvet

This is the problem with somebody like yourself you can see discrimination when its from the far right but you can't see it or work it out when your comments are just as discriminative and extreme as theirs....

I think you make a fair point. I don't want to give Callis any grief as I like the bloke but he sometimes lives in a black and white world when it comes to left and right. Dolly as well.

So they will brand JRM a homophobe scumbag whilst at the same time bend over backwards to excuse "you know who" from the left despite being presented with evidence that he has consorted with some of the worst people imaginable. Sometimes being paid to do so.

That's not a defence of JRM by the way. I disagree with many of his views and he would be an absolute disaster if he ever got into a position of power.

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:23 - Aug 10 with 4447 viewsStokieBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:32 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

I think you make a fair point. I don't want to give Callis any grief as I like the bloke but he sometimes lives in a black and white world when it comes to left and right. Dolly as well.

So they will brand JRM a homophobe scumbag whilst at the same time bend over backwards to excuse "you know who" from the left despite being presented with evidence that he has consorted with some of the worst people imaginable. Sometimes being paid to do so.

That's not a defence of JRM by the way. I disagree with many of his views and he would be an absolute disaster if he ever got into a position of power.

The lines are blurry like you say, looking at things as polarised positions isn't helpful or representative of the real world.

There was an interesting article in the Independent highlighting that with regards to Holocaust denial the aims of the extreme left and extreme right are actually the same. They go about it in different ways but the fact the end goal is the same (attempt to diminish the victimhood) would horrible thing to reconcile for many people.

It does show that things aren't simply left and right, good and bad though.

If anyone is interested:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-anti-semitism-modern-holocaust-denia

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:12 - Aug 10 with 4412 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:32 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

I like how you've lumped me in with Callis. Would you like to point out where I've called JRM "a homophobe scumbag"?

Also once again well done on bringing Corbyn into a debate which had literally nothing to do with him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 4402 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:12 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

I like how you've lumped me in with Callis. Would you like to point out where I've called JRM "a homophobe scumbag"?

Also once again well done on bringing Corbyn into a debate which had literally nothing to do with him.

It's a relevant example to prove the point he's making.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 4397 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:12 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

You’ve been defending Callis’ position all over this thread so I had assumed you agreed with his assessment of JRM..

As for your messiah? He’s been mentioned several times in this thread. By me and other posters. But what I have said is true. You and Callis are very quick to make judgment on somebody if they are from the right yet will squirm, wriggle, swerve and deny any wrong doing from the absolute boy regardless of the evidence presented.

Your defence of Morrissey is another example.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 20:24]

Iron Lion Zion

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:48 - Aug 10 with 4362 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:22 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

You’ve been defending Callis’ position all over this thread so I had assumed you agreed with his assessment of JRM..

As for your messiah? He’s been mentioned several times in this thread. By me and other posters. But what I have said is true. You and Callis are very quick to make judgment on somebody if they are from the right yet will squirm, wriggle, swerve and deny any wrong doing from the absolute boy regardless of the evidence presented.

Your defence of Morrissey is another example.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 20:24]

Whoa whoa whoa! Why did you “dodge” my question about the Muslim population?

Why am I told I am dodging things I answer and this goes unmarked? The TWTD agenda mask slips again. Where is J2 and Libby to call you out? Predictable puppets. J2 will find another far right messiah in 5 years and by then Liberal will be a Tory. Where can I place odds on that?

EDIT: I’m also yet to see any solid evidence the “boy” who has fought against racism all his life hates Jewish people. I’ve seen many attempts, but none so solid. Tell me, who opened dialect with the IRA to find a peaceful resolve before the party in charge again?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 20:56]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024