Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Greece this year? 11:05 - Aug 13 with 3452 viewsBlueorder

I'm going to Corfu next week and was wondering what the prices are like. Just changed a £1000 and got eu1080 back.
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:11 - Aug 13 with 3433 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit - Making the Euro great!
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:14 - Aug 13 with 3424 viewsiamipswich

I was in Corfu about a month ago and thought it was still reasonably cheap to be honest. Think their dependence on the tourist industry helps that.

Poll: Who will return first?

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:24 - Aug 13 with 3393 viewsMattinLondon

Been to Greece a couple of times this year and I didn’t notice a huge leap in prices.

On a side note, whilst at the beach one day my little toddler kept shouting ‘boobies’ to the woman who was sunbathing topless next to us much to the amusement of her partner. Still quite embarrassing for us.
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:29 - Aug 13 with 3385 viewsPopeadrian64

HAD A CRACKING TIME IN ZANTE, JUST DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE NEW HOLIDAY TAX PAYABLE AT YOUR HOTEL. WE WERE ASKED ON THE LAST DAY FOR 56 EUROS WHICH NO ONE HAD TOLD US ABOUT....
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:53 - Aug 13 with 3326 viewsPinewoodblue

You should have shopped around.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:54 - Aug 13 with 3325 viewsSaleAway

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:29 - Aug 13 by Popeadrian64

HAD A CRACKING TIME IN ZANTE, JUST DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE NEW HOLIDAY TAX PAYABLE AT YOUR HOTEL. WE WERE ASKED ON THE LAST DAY FOR 56 EUROS WHICH NO ONE HAD TOLD US ABOUT....

I was just going to mention that. Holiday tax was a bit of a shocker for us too...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 13:15 - Aug 13 with 3255 viewsBlueorder

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:54 - Aug 13 by SaleAway

I was just going to mention that. Holiday tax was a bit of a shocker for us too...

Never heard of holiday tax. Is this a new thing?

Had a look a Corfu forum a little while ago and came across a number of posts by Tractor Girl. Small world
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 13:55 - Aug 13 with 3189 viewsPopeadrian64

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 13:15 - Aug 13 by Blueorder

Never heard of holiday tax. Is this a new thing?

Had a look a Corfu forum a little while ago and came across a number of posts by Tractor Girl. Small world

RE: the holiday tax, a lot of big have cities started this and with Greece having its financial difficulties, they have jumped on the bandwagon. It depends on your Hotel star rating plus number of nights. we stayed 5 star at 4 euros Holiday tax per night = 56 euros
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 13:57 - Aug 13 with 3180 viewsSamuelowen88

Was in Corfu (roda) last week. Lovely place, prices havent gone up just the fact that we basically 1:1 this year to the euro.

meals for us (2 of us) were ~30 Euro for sharing a starter, 2 mains and 1/2 litre of Wine. Some more some less.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 14:03 - Aug 13 with 3178 viewsgraemejohnson1973

Hi

I got back from Corfu last week so can give you a general idea of prices I was paying...over the course of the holiday, for a family of 4 we got through about €100 a day.

Expect to pay about €3.50 for a large beer. Restaurants in resort were charging about €10 for main courses. If you find a decent snack/burger/kebab establishment then expect to pay around €5. Generally it's cheaper to eat out than it is to self cater.

Car hire was €40 a day for a small car - and fuel is more expensive than back home.

Hope that helps.
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 14:21 - Aug 13 with 3162 viewsBlueorder

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 14:03 - Aug 13 by graemejohnson1973

Hi

I got back from Corfu last week so can give you a general idea of prices I was paying...over the course of the holiday, for a family of 4 we got through about €100 a day.

Expect to pay about €3.50 for a large beer. Restaurants in resort were charging about €10 for main courses. If you find a decent snack/burger/kebab establishment then expect to pay around €5. Generally it's cheaper to eat out than it is to self cater.

Car hire was €40 a day for a small car - and fuel is more expensive than back home.

Hope that helps.

A great help,many thanks. We are also a family of for and I was thinking around £150 a day. Don't think we'll bother with a car.
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 14:49 - Aug 13 with 3129 viewsTractorWood

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 13:55 - Aug 13 by Popeadrian64

RE: the holiday tax, a lot of big have cities started this and with Greece having its financial difficulties, they have jumped on the bandwagon. It depends on your Hotel star rating plus number of nights. we stayed 5 star at 4 euros Holiday tax per night = 56 euros

It varies all over the world. Some places in Europe it's a Euro here and there but in the US (Vegas in particular) it can be $25 a night guised as a resort tax on top of your room. Generally if you book on hotels.com etc it says what's included and any additional amounts due on checkout.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 15:40 - Aug 13 with 3086 viewsBurwell_Blue

Went to Kos a week or so ago. No idea on prices, I don't really pay enough attention.
Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:02 - Aug 13 with 3061 viewsitfcjoe

I've been to Cyprus a couple of times this year and I'd say prices were similar to Ipswich with regards to pounds/euros.

Not an expensive place like London can be, and can get a good size meal for €10 most places and a beer for about €3-3.50. Meal out for me, missus and a toddler would be a bout €30ish

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 16:18 - Aug 13 with 3040 views_

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:23 - Aug 13 with 3035 viewshype313

on 16:18 - Aug 13 by _

Hmm sounds like the old Hollywood £1 pints, you could have 10 pints and still be under the limit....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 16:43 - Aug 13 with 3005 views_

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:23 - Aug 13 by hype313

Hmm sounds like the old Hollywood £1 pints, you could have 10 pints and still be under the limit....

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:45 - Aug 13 with 3001 viewsGlebeTractor

We went to Corfu last year and stayed in Achilleio around 30min away from Corfu itself. It is pretty cheap on the whole. I'd recommend doing the underwater boat trip out of the port, the view from the top the fort is worth the money too.

Enjoy, you'll be fine! :)

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:45 - Aug 13 with 3001 viewshype313

on 16:43 - Aug 13 by _

You knock yourself out Libbers, last thing I want to do is p1ss on your parade...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 2988 viewsBent_double

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 11:29 - Aug 13 by Popeadrian64

Looking to go to Zante early next July, once my son finishes his last GSCE exam, any suggestions for a hotel/appartment?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 2985 views_

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:45 - Aug 13 by hype313

You knock yourself out Libbers, last thing I want to do is p1ss on your parade...

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 2940 viewsPopeadrian64

Anyone been to Greece this year? on 16:58 - Aug 13 by Bent_double

Looking to go to Zante early next July, once my son finishes his last GSCE exam, any suggestions for a hotel/appartment?

We are a tad older (53) so now do the Tui Sensimar adults only holiday. Tsilivi is great, lots of bars and restaurants and crazy golf etc, 15 minutes from the airport. Sea lovely, you can float in it and forget about your problems. Only issue we had was we met the same shirt wearing budgie at our hotel who we met in Cape Verde the previous year....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024