Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers we could get in 10:35 - Aug 22 with 3309 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a difficult one, isn't it, because we really need someone who can come in to help Harrison/Jackson rather than parachute in to lead the line for the season. Not easy to get those on loan unless they, too, are kids. Add to that the fact that most PL squad players, even if they are a million miles away from playing, are on silly money by our standards and it's hard to do a deal we can afford.

Can only think of two experienced names who might fit the bill in some way. Hemed of Brighton is one — QPR also interested but that seems to have cooled a bit — and the other is Connor Wickham. In Wickham's case there's an obvious appeal that he knows the place, and also from Palace's view that nobody is going to expect him to run around for 90 minutes each week just yet given the problems he's had. Sort of thing that could work for everyone, but still difficult to do.

Realistically I suspect we might end up looking in our own division — Vellios at Forest is one I could see interesting us ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Strikers we could get in on 10:41 - Aug 22 with 2892 viewsMullet

Cauley Woodrow?

We've spent £2-3m on strikers already. The most expensive of which we're using for 10-15minutes at a time. That's something which needs addressing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Strikers we could get in on 10:45 - Aug 22 with 2873 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 10:41 - Aug 22 by Mullet

Cauley Woodrow?

We've spent £2-3m on strikers already. The most expensive of which we're using for 10-15minutes at a time. That's something which needs addressing.

Woodrow is not a bad shout actually — he'll definitely be allowed out — though I'm not 100% sure what happened to him at Bristol City last season.

And yes, that's an issue although I don't see too much harm in phasing Jackson in slowly and/or rotating between the two. It's just that, however we use them, they need some help — which is no poor reflection on them or a comment on their ability to step up in the longer run.

Strikers we could get in on 10:51 - Aug 22 with 2832 viewsGerkensBeard

I like those the Hemed shout.

My shout would be Rudy Gustede. Assombalonga and Hugill fighting for one spot at boro. Rudy is an absolute monster think he’d complete us
Strikers we could get in on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 2800 viewsbluetractor73

Although might not be very popular Cameron Jerome
Strikers we could get in on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 2786 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 10:54 - Aug 22 by bluetractor73

Although might not be very popular Cameron Jerome

I'd happily have him here — good idea.

Strikers we could get in on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 2782 viewsAlong

We have a 1.6 million striker sitting on the bench, Morris and Folami in the reserves, why get a loan when we haven't even tried what we have??
Strikers we could get in on 10:57 - Aug 22 with 2774 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure we need another striker, so much as to get the system working better to help the ones we have.

It's not like they're having loads of shots and not putting the ball away. more that they aren't able to get in a position to shoot in the first place. They need to be the spare man getting on the end of chances created, not having to do a lot of the creating themselves. That could just as well involve utilising one of our numerous midfielders, rather than getting more bodies in (when we need cover at the back, as well).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Strikers we could get in on 10:57 - Aug 22 with 2769 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 10:51 - Aug 22 by GerkensBeard

I like those the Hemed shout.

My shout would be Rudy Gustede. Assombalonga and Hugill fighting for one spot at boro. Rudy is an absolute monster think he’d complete us

Would love Gestede although I think three fighting for one spot is the ideal equation really — which is why we want to get a striker in ourselves — so am not sure he'd be let out. Expensive too I reckon.

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers we could get in on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 2758 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 10:57 - Aug 22 by Guthrum

I'm not sure we need another striker, so much as to get the system working better to help the ones we have.

It's not like they're having loads of shots and not putting the ball away. more that they aren't able to get in a position to shoot in the first place. They need to be the spare man getting on the end of chances created, not having to do a lot of the creating themselves. That could just as well involve utilising one of our numerous midfielders, rather than getting more bodies in (when we need cover at the back, as well).

Don't think they're mutually exclusive — we need exactly the things you mention, but we do need another option in there, perhaps someone who can offer a more physical or aerial threat and preferably that extra bit of nous holding the ball up around the box. Not as a long-term solution, just to help out til January ideally and then we can reassess.

Strikers we could get in on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 2753 viewsJ2BLUE

Strikers we could get in on 10:56 - Aug 22 by Along

We have a 1.6 million striker sitting on the bench, Morris and Folami in the reserves, why get a loan when we haven't even tried what we have??

Because in 10 days we'll be stuck with what we have and we need another option just in case.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Strikers we could get in on 11:00 - Aug 22 with 2742 viewsMullet

Strikers we could get in on 10:57 - Aug 22 by SomethingBlue

Would love Gestede although I think three fighting for one spot is the ideal equation really — which is why we want to get a striker in ourselves — so am not sure he'd be let out. Expensive too I reckon.

Gestede was the reason Rhodes prospered at Blackburn, I've always been a big fan of his. But he'd cost a fortune and would really limit the two we got in, it then puts Morris and Folami even further down too, so you'd hope one of those goes on loan as a player comes in.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Strikers we could get in on 11:02 - Aug 22 with 2731 viewsgeg1992

Strikers we could get in on 10:59 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

Because in 10 days we'll be stuck with what we have and we need another option just in case.

None of our strikers are particularly physical is my worry. I feel we need a big lump as a plan B.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Strikers we could get in on 11:03 - Aug 22 with 2721 viewshype313

Strikers we could get in on 11:02 - Aug 22 by geg1992

None of our strikers are particularly physical is my worry. I feel we need a big lump as a plan B.

Someone like Waghorn

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Strikers we could get in on 11:04 - Aug 22 with 2715 viewsJ2BLUE

Strikers we could get in on 11:02 - Aug 22 by geg1992

Agree. A 6 foot 5 battering ram would be good. Not sure that's PH's style though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Strikers we could get in on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 2697 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 11:00 - Aug 22 by Mullet

Gestede was the reason Rhodes prospered at Blackburn, I've always been a big fan of his. But he'd cost a fortune and would really limit the two we got in, it then puts Morris and Folami even further down too, so you'd hope one of those goes on loan as a player comes in.

Morris needs a loan badly — sure he could get a decent club in L2, say, so let's hope we are able to get him out til January.

Strikers we could get in on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 2695 viewsGerkensBeard

Strikers we could get in on 11:00 - Aug 22 by Mullet

Whoever we bring will limit them. It’s the vicious circle. Hurst is evidently looking for a striker and I don’t think he’s looking for a back up to Jackson and Harrison. But agree both need their chance to prove themselves. Judge them after 10-15 games. Not 4. And judge Jackson if he starts not coming on with 20 to go.
Strikers we could get in on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 2625 viewschristiand

Strikers we could get in on 10:56 - Aug 22 by Along

Because we need someone that can hold a ball up and deal with the physicality of this league, none of our strikers that you’ve listed do this. Their strengths lie elsewhere.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Strikers we could get in on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 2592 viewskentishblue

Strikers we could get in on 10:56 - Aug 22 by SomethingBlue

I'd happily have him here — good idea.

He walked past me last night. Looked mightily p****d off. Derby fans reckon he’s well out of Lampards plans and whilst he’s not the best , he would show our lads how to play as the one in a 4-2-3-1 with his experience.
Strikers we could get in on 11:30 - Aug 22 with 2538 viewsSnedders

Might be able to get Sam Gallagher on loan from Saints if he is surplus there
Strikers we could get in on 11:31 - Aug 22 with 2523 viewsSomethingBlue

Strikers we could get in on 11:30 - Aug 22 by Snedders

Would like that a lot — but suspect he'd be too expensive and would also want to be starting. It's really tricky.

Strikers we could get in on 11:42 - Aug 22 with 2474 viewsdirtyboy

Nahki Wells, Colin Quaner.....perhaps Tammy Abraham?

Would all be very expensive no doubt. Tammy way out of our offerings given he played in Prem last year on loan.
Strikers we could get in on 11:54 - Aug 22 with 2415 viewsITFCBlues

The two players we're targetting don't appear to be PL players. They're Championship or lower judging by PH comments. We wouldn't be waiting on PL clubs to sign replacements, because they can't!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Strikers we could get in on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 2378 viewsReuser_is_God

Strikers we could get in on 11:30 - Aug 22 by Snedders

He'd be right at the top of my list.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Strikers we could get in on 12:16 - Aug 22 with 2305 viewsitfcjoe

Strikers we could get in on 11:59 - Aug 22 by Reuser_is_God

Think his loan cost Birm £3.5m for the season last year!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Strikers we could get in on 12:16 - Aug 22 with 2304 viewsITFCBlues

Strikers we could get in on 11:59 - Aug 22 by Reuser_is_God

Blackburn are interested. Saints wanted over 8m for him to be sold.

Apparently would also be a very expensive loan - although Saints don't want to get rid of him anyways!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024