Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 13:49 - Sep 5 with 12685 viewsFrimleyBlue

Took a look at Shrews figures for last season, taking away the obvious winning rate which quite rightly took them to third place.
For example,

Average shots per match - 8.43
Average Shots on Target - 3.98
Average goals scored per game 2.12

32.7% Fixtures finished with just 1 goal scored by Shrews
20% Fixtures were won 1-0
18.4 % 1-1

Link, https://footystats.org/clubs/england/shrewsbury-town-fc

For me, if accurate figures, they are relatively low numbers and such figures in this league imo won't lead to success.

https://footystats.org/clubs/england/ipswich-town-fc

Again, these figures may be inaccurate, however, for me, showing an average of 12 shots per game, isn't enough. With just an average of 4 shots on target a game

There is of course the fact the season is new. However it will be interesting to look at these around December time.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:01 - Sep 5 with 3736 viewsPositivelyPortman

Forever

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:03 - Sep 5 with 3731 viewsIllinoisblue

can you please provide full context and a comparison of how those stats compare to other clubs in that league that season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 3725 viewsIllinoisblue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 14:35 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

I've said before, I don't go and watch rarely... so i'll never comment on actual games, or individual performances of players.

However I shall share my views based on match stats, discussions with fellow blues etc which is what this forum is for.

out of interest, what is your lifetime viewing history of ITFC? As in actually going to games?

62 - 78 - 81

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 3724 viewsPositivelyPortman

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 13:59 - Sep 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

This appears to be classic Frimley.

You've taken Shrewsbury's 'low' shots per match and 'low' shots on target per match and decided that this won't lead to success in this division.

Whilst ignoring their high points per game, how low their goals conceded were, and 'taking away the obvious winning rate', which is also high and therefore very favourable for Hurst.

So you've cherry picked the things you think look poor and ignored all the impressive bits. You've mentioned two unfavourable statistics and ignored the three favourable ones that completely override them.

A bit like saying how great a team is when they average 3 goals a game whilst ignoring the fact they concede 10.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 14:04]

He’s a real downer and just can’t let go. Sad really. Keeps him busy though.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:07 - Sep 5 with 3720 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:03 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

can you please provide full context and a comparison of how those stats compare to other clubs in that league that season.

No and only reason is because it doesn't matter. My point is, and I mentioned it straight away, they were successful in the league...

however, my concern for this season, at present the average is 4 shots on target per game. FOR me IF this continued, I don't think we would have enough about us to be successful in this league with those sorts of figures. I get it worked last year. in league 1. But it's a lot tougher imo to have 4 shots on target and come away with a win at this level.

I did say, seasons new, so doesn't mean a lot now, but would be interesting stat wise compared to league position come December.

Waka waka eh eh

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:08 - Sep 5 with 3715 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:05 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

out of interest, what is your lifetime viewing history of ITFC? As in actually going to games?

Had a season ticket before I moved away.

Waka waka eh eh

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:14 - Sep 5 with 3709 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:07 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

No and only reason is because it doesn't matter. My point is, and I mentioned it straight away, they were successful in the league...

however, my concern for this season, at present the average is 4 shots on target per game. FOR me IF this continued, I don't think we would have enough about us to be successful in this league with those sorts of figures. I get it worked last year. in league 1. But it's a lot tougher imo to have 4 shots on target and come away with a win at this level.

I did say, seasons new, so doesn't mean a lot now, but would be interesting stat wise compared to league position come December.

' But it's a lot tougher imo to have 4 shots on target and come away with a win at this level'.

I'm dying for you to show your working out on this one.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:16 - Sep 5 with 3699 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:14 - Sep 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

' But it's a lot tougher imo to have 4 shots on target and come away with a win at this level'.

I'm dying for you to show your working out on this one.

It's an opinion, don't need to show anything.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:18 - Sep 5 with 3695 viewsitfcjoe

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:07 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

This is the point, there is absolutely no balance.

I would rather have 4 shots on target, and the opposition have won in every game than I would have 10 and the opposition have 20.

Why look at it in such isolation? If you've looked we actually have had more 'Expected Goals' in every single one of our games this year (bar Blackburn) so whilst we may not have lots of shots the opposition are having even less.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:24 - Sep 5 with 3674 viewsIllinoisblue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:08 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Had a season ticket before I moved away.

that's very vague. You come across as someone who who was a fan in the 70s/80s and are now a disgruntled old curmudgeon.

62 - 78 - 81

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 3663 viewsPJH

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:24 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

that's very vague. You come across as someone who who was a fan in the 70s/80s and are now a disgruntled old curmudgeon.

I was a fan in the 70s/80s and the 60s and more recent decades.
To save me looking it up what is a curmudgeon?-asking for a friend just in case they are one.
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 3659 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:24 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

Season ticket from 1990 until 2009 (ish) trying to think when I came this way lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:30 - Sep 5 with 3646 viewsconnorscontract

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 14:36 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

They'll be fine as I recently financially secured the club for years to come, so even when I'm gone, the clubs safe. That's always been my plan :)

Then you're a much better owner than most football club owners, and Frimley Green are very lucky to have you.

But on this thread you've been caught by the short and curlies and you'd be better holding your hands up and laughing it off.
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:42 - Sep 5 with 3634 viewshype313

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:27 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Season ticket from 1990 until 2009 (ish) trying to think when I came this way lol.

Christ, I'm glad this place wasn't around in the Duncan years...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:58 - Sep 5 with 3608 viewsBraveDave

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:27 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

So you had a season ticket for 19 years and yet, because you moved all the way to Frimley, you now 'don't go and rarely watch'. That's a massive change. I live further away than you and I go as often as I can - this isn't to suggest I am a better fan than you, but rather that you try to pretend that you care about the club, sharing your opinions with 'fellow blues' and yet all you can do is post negative cr@p despite never watching them.

Any decent fan, whatever the distance, will try to make at least some games (for you it could easily be Reading, Brentford, QPR, Millwall). But you NEVER go, and your only passion is winding up genuine fans. Take some time off for the good of us all
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 16:02 - Sep 5 with 3603 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:58 - Sep 5 by BraveDave

So you had a season ticket for 19 years and yet, because you moved all the way to Frimley, you now 'don't go and rarely watch'. That's a massive change. I live further away than you and I go as often as I can - this isn't to suggest I am a better fan than you, but rather that you try to pretend that you care about the club, sharing your opinions with 'fellow blues' and yet all you can do is post negative cr@p despite never watching them.

Any decent fan, whatever the distance, will try to make at least some games (for you it could easily be Reading, Brentford, QPR, Millwall). But you NEVER go, and your only passion is winding up genuine fans. Take some time off for the good of us all

I haven't said I'm about the club, and I've said I'm now a fan more than a supporter. Supporter for me is you, someone that goes.

Waka waka eh eh

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 16:15 - Sep 5 with 3589 viewsIllinoisblue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:42 - Sep 5 by hype313

Christ, I'm glad this place wasn't around in the Duncan years...

it were real paper fanzines back then!

62 - 78 - 81

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 3576 viewsIllinoisblue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 15:27 - Sep 5 by PJH

I was a fan in the 70s/80s and the 60s and more recent decades.
To save me looking it up what is a curmudgeon?-asking for a friend just in case they are one.

a c-word for old people :-)

62 - 78 - 81

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 18:15 - Sep 5 with 3536 viewsmos

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 14:21 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Depends how you're looking at it

Is this a football forum for football fans to discuss itfc or is it a non league forum?

If you want me to go into properly, firstly it's quite difficult because of the levels between us. But if you're asking me too.
There's a difference between us playing away to bedfont, ( averaged 5 goals scored per game and managing to get a point from the game, than Ipswich hosting Norwich and getting a point.. Of the 2 games... I'm disappointed in 1 of the results.

I’m sorry pal, and it isn’t personal either, but you just got destroyed haha.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 18:20 - Sep 5 with 3535 viewsgordon

It's a point of pedantry, but 2.12 goals scored per game would be excellent. Actually it was an average of 2.12 goals per game for both teams combined in Shrews matches, by far the lowest in the division.

Shrewsbury scored 63 goals in 49 league games giving an average goals scored per game of about 1.29.
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 18:46 - Sep 5 with 3510 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 13:59 - Sep 5 by hype313

2.33 Goals / Match
Shots Per Match 12.67
Shots On Target / Match 4.00

Boo. Mick in 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 19:01 - Sep 5 with 3499 viewsBluearmy71

On paper stats are the best thing ever, in reality they mean f*ck all!!

You appear to have a lot of time on your hands, may I suggest using it more wisely!
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 19:40 - Sep 5 with 3484 viewsReuser_is_God

12 shots per game is a good amount in my opinion.

The lack of clear cut chances created, & subsequent lack of goals is the concern.

You’re trying far too hard at the moment mate.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 19:54 - Sep 5 with 3469 viewsreusersfreekicks

Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 14:06 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Took me off ignore already, bless ya Warky

I've added the links to the sites for people to have a gander too

There's been lots of talk on here over the past 48 hours regarding shot ratios etc, hence my thread.

The reason for me saying taking away the obvious win rate is of course as we know the shrews side was successful and i'm not questinning this. I was just sharing a view that should the low shot to goal ratios etc carry over from there to here.. I find the championship a bit more unforgiving.

Strewth you're tedious
Hurst/Shrews 2017/2018 on 11:12 - Sep 24 with 3240 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thought i'd take a quick peek to see if anything much had changed over a few games, and it hasn't really, obv no shock to anyone.

Interesting figures I thought though, let alone winning a game, we've yet to go in at HT ahead.

Defensively we're pretty solid, so the backline doesn't need to be touched. But we've got to somehow get some more opportunities in the final 3rd. 44% of our games go in at HT 0-0. But it's also interesting that 34% of goals conceded go in from the 70th minute onwards... Tiredness perhaps? which may (may) be a consequence of the Hurst fitness requirements which fullfill 70 minutes of the game but can't be kept up for 90? are opponents smarter in the final parts of games, where a subs come into play?

it's only been a few weeks since the OP, but the more games played and the similar stats, IMO still back up my opinion, that the minimal attacking aspect of a Hurst squad, can't succeed at this level.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024