Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? 19:57 - Sep 22 with 11927 viewsyorkshire

He’s come into a job that he must have dreamt about getting over there past 5/6 years and he’s been given the opportunity to sign players that he thought were good enough to play further up the league

He was unfortunate that heads were turned on our three better players and that the players out injured last season -Huws, Bishop and Dozzell weren’t ready to go this season

A couple of dodgy red cards and a last min goal from Rotherham have cost us a couple of points and games like today and the Norwich game could easily have gone in our favour

I just wonder if he would be getting as much abuse if they had - if we’d have been sat on 8-10 points would there be as many calls for his head

I can’t say I was impressed with what I saw today but Bolton did to us what we did to Villa

Personally for the sake of the club I would love to see us get a couple of wins in the next 3-5 games so we could get a bit more positivity around here
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:08 - Sep 22 with 5582 viewsBlackboots

No, not at all. I took a dislike to him after his unnecessary public rant folowing the Exeter game. Any criticism should have been made privately.

I feel sorry for Bart though.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 5565 viewsBerlinBlue

Even when the wins come, will the PH outers get behind him? Right now it seems questionable, as many appear already to have made up their minds about him. I find that very unfair.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 5554 viewsSpruceMoose

Of course. As a stable adult I don't resort to dehumanising someone I think is doing a poor job at the moment. If you do that then you need to take a look at yourself. Get some perspective, and grow up, otherwise you end up with crap like the paedo chants aimed at MM.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 5559 viewsthebooks

No. He's talked the talk.

Also, as soon as we went to 10 men, Bolton looked threatening again, and Bolton are a very average, if well organised and resolute, team.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:12 - Sep 22 with 5519 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely.

It's the start of the season and a new tenure. He's now on a bad run with no credit in the bank and a team that needs confidence from a win.

He may have made mistakes but they are magnified (or at least the good decisions are hidden) when we haven't got a win.

Pronouns: He/Him

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:13 - Sep 22 with 5511 viewsjas0999

Less so now. In the summer, when we sold £10M of players and replaced with just £5M - it suggested that just like MM, Evans chose to cash in.

But now I just don’t think he’s up to it. Out of his depth. I didnt like his public rants and have little doubt he’s upset several at the club.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:15 - Sep 22 with 5454 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Of course. As a stable adult I don't resort to dehumanising someone I think is doing a poor job at the moment. If you do that then you need to take a look at yourself. Get some perspective, and grow up, otherwise you end up with crap like the paedo chants aimed at MM.

You call yourself a stable adult but post shoite as if you were a moose. OK.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:16 - Sep 22 with 5452 viewsLord_Lucan

If it were just the results and stuttering performances then yes - things can take time.

However the disquiet behind the scenes are real and I don't like it.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 20:16]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:16 - Sep 22 with 5448 viewsJon_456

Not at all.

He’s come in, cleared out our best players (to raise some funds so fair enough) and brought in 10/11 players, most of whom aren’t good enough at this level (yet).

I thought the point of getting rid of MM was so we could get a manager who plays attacking football and beds in the youngsters. So far the football weve seen for most of the time has been equally as clueless as MMs and the only youngsters we appear to be playing aren’t our own. I struggle to see what Edun & Chalobah have that Dozzell, Downes & Nydam don’t.

The other thing is that the constant chopping and changing of players isn’t helping any of the players settle and gel together. It almost seems Hurst had underestimated the quality in this division, has been caught out and now throwing random teams out in hope it’ll click.

Something needs changing or he’ll be gone before the end of October.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 5422 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

do you think he would play huws, bish and dozzell if they were fit? im not sure he would. Those three fit would transform our midfield for the better and create more chances but it wouldn't address the lack of firepower we have upfront at present which is the biggest concern.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 5419 viewspointofblue

I very much do; he's not losing/drawing matches deliberately and there have been time in every game, even Hull, up to today where we have looked promising. Today was a massive disappointment but we must build again from now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:18 - Sep 22 with 5404 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:08 - Sep 22 by Blackboots

No, not at all. I took a dislike to him after his unnecessary public rant folowing the Exeter game. Any criticism should have been made privately.

I feel sorry for Bart though.

Why?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:18 - Sep 22 with 5398 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:15 - Sep 22 by gtsb

You call yourself a stable adult but post shoite as if you were a moose. OK.

Jesus, you're a miserable old fecker ain't you, and that takes the biscuit on here today.

Just to clarify, I don't believe I am actually a Moose, it's just something of a running joke between myself and a few other forum members. I'm sorry it confused you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:20 - Sep 22 with 5369 viewsBiGDonnie

Lol. No. His fault entirely.

If he hadn’t come in and ripped the club apart I might do, but he has, and for that I feel sorry for us fans.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 5346 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:18 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Jesus, you're a miserable old fecker ain't you, and that takes the biscuit on here today.

Just to clarify, I don't believe I am actually a Moose, it's just something of a running joke between myself and a few other forum members. I'm sorry it confused you.

Running joke...the Krankies were funnier than you.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 5339 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 by BerlinBlue

Even when the wins come, will the PH outers get behind him? Right now it seems questionable, as many appear already to have made up their minds about him. I find that very unfair.

Personally I'd be easy to win over. Let's have some consistency, let's stop hoofing, let's win a few games.

Do that and I'm right back behind Project Hurst.

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:24 - Sep 22 with 5313 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:21 - Sep 22 by gtsb

Running joke...the Krankies were funnier than you.

They probably were, seeing as they made a successful career out of it.

Any other nuggets of insight? Alan Shearer was a better footballer than me? I'll never be the President that Obama was? I'll never be as clueless as you?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 5269 viewsCurrie10

Absolutely not.

He came in, was hanging people under a bus and even questioning Adeyemi as a professional footballer.

Absolutely disgusting.

He then had an absolute meltdown after Exeter.

The guys a melt.

#hurstout
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 5266 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:24 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

They probably were, seeing as they made a successful career out of it.

Any other nuggets of insight? Alan Shearer was a better footballer than me? I'll never be the President that Obama was? I'll never be as clueless as you?

Two out of three ain't bad. Obama was shoite. Ta ta.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 5262 viewsCurrie10

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:10 - Sep 22 by BerlinBlue

Sure.

When will that be?
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:30 - Sep 22 with 5237 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 by Currie10

Absolutely not.

He came in, was hanging people under a bus and even questioning Adeyemi as a professional footballer.

Absolutely disgusting.

The guys a melt.

#hurstout

How does one hang one under a bus?

And who?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:32 - Sep 22 with 5209 viewsCurrie10

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:30 - Sep 22 by Garv

How does one hang one under a bus?

And who?

He said various questionable comments in my opinion throughout the summer, I've not bookmarked them all and I'm not going to go through the website just to find them.

He certainly without me even need to do this speak in a disgusting way about Adeyemi, which you keep internal, and the Exeter comments he couldn't wait to absolutely rip into the team.

As soon as you start doing that, it's a risky business.

I wondered what you'd get if you combined Jewell with Keane. So far appears the answers is Hurst.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:32 - Sep 22 with 5206 viewsCoastalblue

I think things could be very different if we'd have picked up a win early on, even a streaky or undeserved one. We didn't though and things are what they are.

He's soon going to struggle to get players to buy into what he wants as their not seeing any return, and on the flipside they're stopping believing, low on confidence so probably aren't doing what's been asked of them.

A vicious circle, and one probably only an emphatic win or back to back wins will change now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:34 - Sep 22 with 5180 viewsm14_blue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 by Currie10

Absolutely not.

Absolutely disgusting.

The guys a melt.

#hurstout

"Absolutely disgusting?"

Come on.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:39 - Sep 22 with 5150 viewsyorkshire

I am interested in the ripping the club apart comments - from what I could see Garner, Webster and Waghorn all wanted to leave & McGoldrick didn't want to sign a new contract

I think that Pennington is a better player right now than Woofly - Donnacian is better than Emmanuel and I also think Edun is further on than Nydam - so I don't see how any of the 'home grown' lads should be in the team right now apart from Dozzell who still hasn't recovered
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024