Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? 19:57 - Sep 22 with 11925 viewsyorkshire

He’s come into a job that he must have dreamt about getting over there past 5/6 years and he’s been given the opportunity to sign players that he thought were good enough to play further up the league

He was unfortunate that heads were turned on our three better players and that the players out injured last season -Huws, Bishop and Dozzell weren’t ready to go this season

A couple of dodgy red cards and a last min goal from Rotherham have cost us a couple of points and games like today and the Norwich game could easily have gone in our favour

I just wonder if he would be getting as much abuse if they had - if we’d have been sat on 8-10 points would there be as many calls for his head

I can’t say I was impressed with what I saw today but Bolton did to us what we did to Villa

Personally for the sake of the club I would love to see us get a couple of wins in the next 3-5 games so we could get a bit more positivity around here
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:40 - Sep 22 with 2745 viewsDeano69

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:12 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely.

It's the start of the season and a new tenure. He's now on a bad run with no credit in the bank and a team that needs confidence from a win.

He may have made mistakes but they are magnified (or at least the good decisions are hidden) when we haven't got a win.

Up to today I would have said he could be considered hard done by. Now I am not so sure.

Totally get the half time substitution but could see why he brought on Graham and a clearly not ready to play.

Think he’ll be here for the time being, despite the shouters.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 2740 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:32 - Sep 22 by Currie10

He said various questionable comments in my opinion throughout the summer, I've not bookmarked them all and I'm not going to go through the website just to find them.

He certainly without me even need to do this speak in a disgusting way about Adeyemi, which you keep internal, and the Exeter comments he couldn't wait to absolutely rip into the team.

As soon as you start doing that, it's a risky business.

I wondered what you'd get if you combined Jewell with Keane. So far appears the answers is Hurst.

Fair enough if you didn't like them.

All he said really was that what players have done before count for nothing if they don't do it for him. Which was evident with Bart and that decision so far has paid off. It was bold, but had we made a good start and not a duff one we'd now be hailing our new hard arse manager because he takes no crap. The players he named (Chambers and Knudsen) have played every game. It's all down to results that this stuff is brought up.

Also, for me your last paragraph is lazy and while it's a good quote, seems fairly baseless.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 2731 viewsBlackboots

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:18 - Sep 22 by Garv

Why?

Hurst came across as arrogant and egotistical that night. He was grandstanding, hoping to impress the fans when I don’t think many of us were that concerned about losing on penalties. The players deserved better from a new manager.

As for Bart. Best keeper we’ve had in many years. A bit of support was what he needed after a few below par performances, not being dropped.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 20:47]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 2732 viewspointofblue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:41 - Sep 22 by Garv

Fair enough if you didn't like them.

All he said really was that what players have done before count for nothing if they don't do it for him. Which was evident with Bart and that decision so far has paid off. It was bold, but had we made a good start and not a duff one we'd now be hailing our new hard arse manager because he takes no crap. The players he named (Chambers and Knudsen) have played every game. It's all down to results that this stuff is brought up.

Also, for me your last paragraph is lazy and while it's a good quote, seems fairly baseless.

One of the criticisms of Mick was he played the same old favourites no matter what form they were in. Now we have a manager who isn't afraid to drop players if he feels they're not matching expectations and suddenly that's wrong too.

Though the treatment of Donacien is both baffling and annoying.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:44 - Sep 22 with 2721 viewsBlueBadger

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:15 - Sep 22 by gtsb

You call yourself a stable adult but post shoite as if you were a moose. OK.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 2720 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh fk off

He's ripped the squad apart. How many times. No player demanded a transfer not one...

He's made his bed.

Fken waste of time. Told everyone all the time he was linked. But oh no everyone knew best. Well fk you all

Relegation certain with him here. Well done Evans. You again fked up.

Oh let's go with a lower league manager. Erm yeah one who struggled to win for the last 11 games of the season.

FFS. Wake up

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:48 - Sep 22 with 2707 viewsm14_blue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:45 - Sep 22 by FrimleyBlue

Oh fk off

He's ripped the squad apart. How many times. No player demanded a transfer not one...

He's made his bed.

Fken waste of time. Told everyone all the time he was linked. But oh no everyone knew best. Well fk you all

Oh let's go with a lower league manager. Erm yeah one who struggled to win for the last 11 games of the season.

FFS. Wake up

Is that a no?

Plenty of reasons to have a pop at PH at the moment, his record over the last 11 games of last season is a pretty weird one to choose though......
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:49 - Sep 22 with 2706 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:43 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

One of the criticisms of Mick was he played the same old favourites no matter what form they were in. Now we have a manager who isn't afraid to drop players if he feels they're not matching expectations and suddenly that's wrong too.

Though the treatment of Donacien is both baffling and annoying.

Completely and utterly agree. While it's wholly possible it's not the same individuals saying it obviously, it's ironic that we've now got fans upset that Bart has been dropped when before, as you say, we complained that players kept their place irrelevant of form. Sorry to repeat your point!

I'm gutted for Donacien, even at left wing back he was a cut above most against Brentford. Today was an opportunity missed to settle the back four. Pennington was useful in winning headers today but surely isn't a long term option there, I hope.

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 2693 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh fk off

He's made his bed.

FFS. Wake up

Thanks for providing us with an example of an unstable adult.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:58 - Sep 22 with 2668 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:48 - Sep 22 by m14_blue

Is that a no?

Plenty of reasons to have a pop at PH at the moment, his record over the last 11 games of last season is a pretty weird one to choose though......

He's now won 2 in 16 games

Wow. What a guy

Waka waka eh eh

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:59 - Sep 22 with 2664 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:50 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Thanks for providing us with an example of an unstable adult.

Tell us what you disagree with then.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:59 - Sep 22 with 2664 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:43 - Sep 22 by Blackboots

Hurst came across as arrogant and egotistical that night. He was grandstanding, hoping to impress the fans when I don’t think many of us were that concerned about losing on penalties. The players deserved better from a new manager.

As for Bart. Best keeper we’ve had in many years. A bit of support was what he needed after a few below par performances, not being dropped.

Fair argument, but surely as someone who, presumably, has trained well and is a good senior pro around the team, Gerken deserved his chance? Not just that but Gerken appears to be a much better communicator than Bart and talks to his defenders more, plus he's made important good saves. Decision justified so far.

Fair enough, if he's hurled a load of abuse at Bart before dropping him, then Bart would understandably be upset, but we don't know and one would assume that hasn't happened.

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:01 - Sep 22 with 2654 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:59 - Sep 22 by gtsb

Tell us what you disagree with then.

It's not about disagreeing. It's about putting your point across in away that doesn't suggest spittle flecked rage and feet stamping tantrums. You wouldn't get many people to listen to you in real life if you're ranting and raving like a lunatic. It's no different on here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:04 - Sep 22 with 2643 viewsEly_Blue

Oh fk off

He's made his bed.

FFS. Wake up

You talk utter drivel, it was public knowledge that McGoldrick wanted to leave and it is public knowledge that once Waghorn knew there was interest he wanted to leave, add to that the fact that as far as we are lead to believe Garner never actually moved to the area and wanted a return to the NW and you’ve only got Webster out of those who we know not if he did or didn’t want to leave.

As for the comments about Adeyami that people have come out with I think they are totally justified, to think a player like Walters was happy to put himself up for selection today but players like Adeyami are happy to whinge at the slightest niggle deserves to be called out. Let’s face it we all have those at work who would happily take the day off work with the slightest sniffle whilst others just get on with it, I see no difference here.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:08 - Sep 22 with 2625 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:01 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

It's not about disagreeing. It's about putting your point across in away that doesn't suggest spittle flecked rage and feet stamping tantrums. You wouldn't get many people to listen to you in real life if you're ranting and raving like a lunatic. It's no different on here.

So you agree then with post but don't like the way it was put across. Snowflake.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:09 - Sep 22 with 2618 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:04 - Sep 22 by Ely_Blue

You talk utter drivel, it was public knowledge that McGoldrick wanted to leave and it is public knowledge that once Waghorn knew there was interest he wanted to leave, add to that the fact that as far as we are lead to believe Garner never actually moved to the area and wanted a return to the NW and you’ve only got Webster out of those who we know not if he did or didn’t want to leave.

As for the comments about Adeyami that people have come out with I think they are totally justified, to think a player like Walters was happy to put himself up for selection today but players like Adeyami are happy to whinge at the slightest niggle deserves to be called out. Let’s face it we all have those at work who would happily take the day off work with the slightest sniffle whilst others just get on with it, I see no difference here.

Where the fk did I mention Adeyami

Waka waka eh eh

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2612 viewsBigalhunter

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurstt on 20:43 - Sep 22 by Blackboots

Agree with your first paragraph, completely disgree with the second.

I don't doubt Gerks will drop a clanger or two pretty soon, but until then Bart can sit on the bench and reflect on the exteremely shoddy start he made to this season. We can't afford to pick players based on their previous seasons when they're as poor as Bart was in those opening games.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2612 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:08 - Sep 22 by gtsb

So you agree then with post but don't like the way it was put across. Snowflake.

Oh so you just wanted to have a pop at me? Because only a thick as pigsh1t mental pygmy could infer what you're saying from what I actually posted.

And I'm sure that is in no way what you are, no siree, so you must have just been looking for a chance to have a go. Bit weird really. A bit... Obsessive. I'm starting to think you fancy me.

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:12 - Sep 22 with 2610 viewsEly_Blue

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:09 - Sep 22 by FrimleyBlue

Where the fk did I mention Adeyami

If you read my post I said “as for the comments that PEOPLE have come out with”

Stop trying to deflect away from someone who has called you out for making up so much BS

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:17 - Sep 22 with 2589 viewsgordon

I've not warmed to him at all, doesn't have much charisma, seemed a bit arrogant early on in describing what he saw as the shortcomings of the previous regime, too quick to put blame on the players, he's never referred to himself learning and developing in the role, finding out about the club etc.

He's come off as a bit insecure and unsure of himself but doing his best to present himself as confident and assertive.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:18 - Sep 22 with 2584 viewspatrickswell

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:32 - Sep 22 by Currie10

He said various questionable comments in my opinion throughout the summer, I've not bookmarked them all and I'm not going to go through the website just to find them.

He certainly without me even need to do this speak in a disgusting way about Adeyemi, which you keep internal, and the Exeter comments he couldn't wait to absolutely rip into the team.

As soon as you start doing that, it's a risky business.

I wondered what you'd get if you combined Jewell with Keane. So far appears the answers is Hurst.

Within his first week or two training with the squad he said his line about seeing players with big reputations and wondering if they were deserved, which I’m sure Bryan Klug must have appreciated.

In answer to the OP, I do want to see him succeed and enjoy a win, because this must be hurting him. But I don’t have sympathy because he has got so many calls wrong and whatever he is trying to implement here does not seem to be working at all.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:18 - Sep 22 with 2583 viewsLightningboy

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 20:27 - Sep 22 by Currie10

Absolutely not.

He came in, was hanging people under a bus and even questioning Adeyemi as a professional footballer.

Absolutely disgusting.

He then had an absolute meltdown after Exeter.

The guys a melt.

#hurstout

Feels like we’ve replaced an experienced football manager with a P.E. teacher.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:18 - Sep 22 with 2577 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:17 - Sep 22 by gordon

I've not warmed to him at all, doesn't have much charisma, seemed a bit arrogant early on in describing what he saw as the shortcomings of the previous regime, too quick to put blame on the players, he's never referred to himself learning and developing in the role, finding out about the club etc.

He's come off as a bit insecure and unsure of himself but doing his best to present himself as confident and assertive.

It's cos he's short innit.

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 2568 viewsgtsb

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:11 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Oh so you just wanted to have a pop at me? Because only a thick as pigsh1t mental pygmy could infer what you're saying from what I actually posted.

And I'm sure that is in no way what you are, no siree, so you must have just been looking for a chance to have a go. Bit weird really. A bit... Obsessive. I'm starting to think you fancy me.

You are always criticising posters with a different view to yours so your first line is a massive pot,kettle, black. Try and be reasonable to other posters.
Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:23 - Sep 22 with 2559 viewsgordon

Does anyone feel sorry for Hurst ? on 21:18 - Sep 22 by patrickswell

Within his first week or two training with the squad he said his line about seeing players with big reputations and wondering if they were deserved, which I’m sure Bryan Klug must have appreciated.

In answer to the OP, I do want to see him succeed and enjoy a win, because this must be hurting him. But I don’t have sympathy because he has got so many calls wrong and whatever he is trying to implement here does not seem to be working at all.

Yep, he's felt like that moment when some jumped up c*nt somehow swindles a job with your organisation despite basically not knowing anything, and in the first week they kick up a fuss about how the printer that's worked fine for the last 3 years just isn't up to scratch because it doesn't do A3 double-sided or whatever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024