Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... 19:26 - Sep 27 with 4192 viewsWacko

... it kind of negates the story of Bart not being told, no?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:30 - Sep 27 with 3765 viewsBackToRussia

No.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:34 - Sep 27 with 3745 viewsSuperblue95

Just because Gerken knew doesn't mean Bart did

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:37 - Sep 27 with 3731 viewsSwansea_Blue

The only way that could be true without doubt is if Bart & Gerks are the same person. Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen them in goal at the same time....? 🤔

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:44 - Sep 27 with 3708 viewsWacko

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:34 - Sep 27 by Superblue95

Just because Gerken knew doesn't mean Bart did

*day before

Logically you are correct

But they're mates and he'd / they'd have had to have kept it from him all day. And just not train for that possible eventuality. So I smell attention-seeking fan BS

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:29 - Sep 27 with 3650 viewsartsbossbeard

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 19:44 - Sep 27 by Wacko

*day before

Logically you are correct

But they're mates and he'd / they'd have had to have kept it from him all day. And just not train for that possible eventuality. So I smell attention-seeking fan BS

I can categorically, 100% confirm that Bart wasn't aware of being on the bench till the morning of the game.

Source: A very good one.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:32 - Sep 27 with 3632 viewsHorseboy

Like the shadow chancellor knowing what is in the budget prior to the speech.
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:43 - Sep 27 with 3603 viewsIllinoisblue

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:29 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

I can categorically, 100% confirm that Bart wasn't aware of being on the bench till the morning of the game.

I heard he wasn't told until going out for the warm-ups... is that true?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:46 - Sep 27 with 3590 viewsartsbossbeard

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:43 - Sep 27 by Illinoisblue

That would be about right.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:47 - Sep 27 with 3589 viewsLord_Lucan

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:43 - Sep 27 by Illinoisblue

Not many minutes before

Source - same as Bossbeards.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:48 - Sep 27 with 3586 viewsIllinoisblue

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:46 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

That would be about right.

that seems a bizarre way to treat one of your senior pros. Not saying he didn't deserve to be dropped - I think he did - but you have to treat him with more respect than that, surely.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 21:11 - Sep 27 with 3556 viewsLord_Lucan

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:48 - Sep 27 by Illinoisblue

that seems a bizarre way to treat one of your senior pros. Not saying he didn't deserve to be dropped - I think he did - but you have to treat him with more respect than that, surely.

He accepted the dropping like a true professional but it was th............

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 22:26 - Sep 27 with 3379 viewsWacko

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 20:29 - Sep 27 by artsbossbeard

Ok I believe you.

But he must've had a hint the day before that it might happen, so it wasn't the massive out of the blue shock last-minute dumping that previous posts gave the impression of.

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 22:37 - Sep 27 with 3349 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I’d probably rather not know until the morning of the game than the night before if I was to be dropped.

As long as Gerks knew he might be playing the night before so he could prepare himself, I think that’s the most important thing.

It’s highly likely that any ‘sources’ have exaggerated the facts... in my opinion.
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:30 - Sep 27 with 3277 viewsLord_Lucan

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 22:37 - Sep 27 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I’d probably rather not know until the morning of the game than the night before if I was to be dropped.

As long as Gerks knew he might be playing the night before so he could prepare himself, I think that’s the most important thing.

It’s highly likely that any ‘sources’ have exaggerated the facts... in my opinion.

You are welcome to your opinion...................but some defenders might question the fact that they weren't previously informed that they were working with a different keeper.

If you have played at my level of football then it doesn't really matter because we are effectively all a bit crap but for some reason professional footballers need a bit of warning

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:34 - Sep 27 with 3261 viewsBluefish

Add it to the enormous list of numbskulls bullsh*t

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:41 - Sep 27 with 3250 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:30 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

You are welcome to your opinion...................but some defenders might question the fact that they weren't previously informed that they were working with a different keeper.

If you have played at my level of football then it doesn't really matter because we are effectively all a bit crap but for some reason professional footballers need a bit of warning

Agreed about the defenders being best to be in the loop... I didn’t know that these rumours involved that so didn’t really take it into account.

Whenever you change a ‘keeper it’s going to be a little unfamiliar for the back 4 but that’s not really a reason not to do it. Clearly better that it’s planned and worked on in training first but I’m skeptical as to whether, practically, that’s even feasible. I’m not sure there is a best time to tell someone they’re not playing... or whether you can even make the decision prior to seeing how both ‘keepers are performing in training during the week before the game.

Hopefully he’ll come back better for it.
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:52 - Sep 27 with 3228 viewsLord_Lucan

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:41 - Sep 27 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Agreed about the defenders being best to be in the loop... I didn’t know that these rumours involved that so didn’t really take it into account.

Whenever you change a ‘keeper it’s going to be a little unfamiliar for the back 4 but that’s not really a reason not to do it. Clearly better that it’s planned and worked on in training first but I’m skeptical as to whether, practically, that’s even feasible. I’m not sure there is a best time to tell someone they’re not playing... or whether you can even make the decision prior to seeing how both ‘keepers are performing in training during the week before the game.

Hopefully he’ll come back better for it.

On this instance it was nothing to do with who looked good in training, Bart had had a shocking few games by his standards and quite rightly his inclusion was in question.

Let's just say it was suggested that it might have been better if the keeper change had been worked on in training.

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 00:06 - Sep 28 with 3211 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:52 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

On this instance it was nothing to do with who looked good in training, Bart had had a shocking few games by his standards and quite rightly his inclusion was in question.

Let's just say it was suggested that it might have been better if the keeper change had been worked on in training.

So the suggestion is that PH decided before the beginning of the week of training that Gerks was playing against Norwich but he didn’t tell any of the players and didn’t plan any sessions during the week around that decision? And it was only during the morning before the game that he communicated his decision to Bart and the team?
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 00:36 - Sep 28 with 3178 viewsJ2BLUE

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 22:37 - Sep 27 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Why? You'd prefer turning up for the derby, thinking you're playing and then being told just before the warm ups that you're on the bench? No one could blame him if he sat there seething for the entire game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 00:53 - Sep 28 with 3161 viewsLord_Lucan

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 00:06 - Sep 28 by King_ding_a_lin_g

So the suggestion is that PH decided before the beginning of the week of training that Gerks was playing against Norwich but he didn’t tell any of the players and didn’t plan any sessions during the week around that decision? And it was only during the morning before the game that he communicated his decision to Bart and the team?

You've nailed it.

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 07:12 - Sep 28 with 3004 viewsBrixtonBlue

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 00:53 - Sep 28 by Lord_Lucan

You've nailed it.

Why on earth would Hurst do that? It doesn't benefit him, the team or the players involved.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 07:12 - Sep 28 with 2999 viewschristiand

Need to get over it, its happened. Bart wasn't playing great and was a little unconvincing in games and Gerken has come in and done little wrong......move on!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 08:07 - Sep 28 with 2940 viewsurbanblue

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 07:12 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Why on earth would Hurst do that? It doesn't benefit him, the team or the players involved.

Exactly ... Nailed it again!
So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 08:56 - Sep 28 with 2865 viewsVic

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 23:52 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

Blimey, I didn’t know this. Not surprising if a few players lost a bit of respect for him as a manager - seems strange management to me and not in keeping with the super detailed and calculating demeanour he portrays in his pressers. I can’t really think why he would do it tbh.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 09:32 - Sep 28 with 2815 viewsCurrie10

So if Gerken knew he might play the night before... on 08:56 - Sep 28 by Vic

Blimey, I didn’t know this. Not surprising if a few players lost a bit of respect for him as a manager - seems strange management to me and not in keeping with the super detailed and calculating demeanour he portrays in his pressers. I can’t really think why he would do it tbh.

Not sure about this calculating demeanor part.

He didn't know when Sears was fit / injured / had trained the other day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024