Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? 17:39 - Oct 7 with 8202 viewstheinbetweener

Has he been injured?
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:47 - Oct 7 with 6143 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nope

This is annoying

Was sent out to progress, not regress

Would have been more beneficial playing in our U23 side

Poll: W or W

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:49 - Oct 7 with 6131 viewsjpring89

Surely Nydam is better than their whole Pub 11 combined how can he not get a game for them.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:49 - Oct 7 with 6131 viewstheinbetweener

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:47 - Oct 7 by BLUEBEAT

Nope

This is annoying

Exactly my thinking... completely defeats the purpose.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:50 - Oct 7 with 6118 viewsPositivelyPortman

Probably because their manager doesn’t think that he’s better than those already in the side.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:54 - Oct 7 with 6097 viewsJ4ck22

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 17:47 - Oct 7 by BLUEBEAT

Nope

This is annoying

Sure, but he still has to earn his place.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:06 - Oct 7 with 6056 viewsWestover

On the bench today didn't come on and they lost 0-6 what a waste.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:10 - Oct 7 with 6031 viewsm14_blue

That's the risk you run with every loan.

Maybe he hasn't impressed in training?

It's not for us to dictate to St Johnstone who they play.

Agree it's frustrating though.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:25 - Oct 7 with 5978 viewsITFCBlues

Because he’s not as good as some on here want to believe?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:46 - Oct 7 with 5910 viewsitfcjoe

Same reasons Edun isn’t getting minutes here - the loan system is pretty poor and very hit or miss

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:08 - Oct 7 with 5694 viewsBackToRussia

0-6 to Celtic, bet he's glad he's not.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:35 - Oct 7 with 5599 viewstheinbetweener

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:46 - Oct 7 by itfcjoe

Same reasons Edun isn’t getting minutes here - the loan system is pretty poor and very hit or miss

Sorry Joe, downvoted your reply by mistake. Fat thumbs!

But yeah, agree the loan system is a joke to be honest. What was honestly the point of the Nydam/Edun switch?
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:39 - Oct 7 with 5570 viewsBeattie78

Ben Morris hasn't played a single minute at Forest Green either

LexdenBlue62

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:49 - Oct 7 with 5530 viewsBinner

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:39 - Oct 7 by Beattie78

Ben Morris hasn't played a single minute at Forest Green either

Morris played for half an hour yesterday.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:56 - Oct 7 with 5521 viewsDinnernotTea

Away from football this will do him a world of good so I don't understand why people are crying? If Bishop had a similar loan perhaps by the age of mid 20s he would still have the hunger? No, I don't buy 4 years of niggles.

Nydam isn't good enough right now full stop. But no doubt will come back better because he sees what's on offer if he doesn't impress at a club like Ipswich. Ditto Ben Morris.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:04 - Oct 7 with 5322 viewsMelford

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:10 - Oct 7 by m14_blue

That's the risk you run with every loan.

Maybe he hasn't impressed in training?

It's not for us to dictate to St Johnstone who they play.

Agree it's frustrating though.

Maybe we should dictate whether they play or not though. A lot of clubs do it, only sending players out if their going to guaranteed game time, they have clauses in the loan contracts. I'm sure Pennington and Chalobah have things written into their deals that they have to play so many games.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:13 - Oct 7 with 5285 viewsm14_blue

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:04 - Oct 7 by Melford

Maybe we should dictate whether they play or not though. A lot of clubs do it, only sending players out if their going to guaranteed game time, they have clauses in the loan contracts. I'm sure Pennington and Chalobah have things written into their deals that they have to play so many games.

Is that right?

Makes me extremely uncomfortable if so, whichever end of the deal we are on.

When the St Johnstone manager thinks Nydam improves their team he'll play, until then he'll need to work hard and earn his spot. That's how it should be in my eyes.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:16 - Oct 7 with 5288 viewsjeera

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 20:56 - Oct 7 by DinnernotTea

Away from football this will do him a world of good so I don't understand why people are crying? If Bishop had a similar loan perhaps by the age of mid 20s he would still have the hunger? No, I don't buy 4 years of niggles.

Nydam isn't good enough right now full stop. But no doubt will come back better because he sees what's on offer if he doesn't impress at a club like Ipswich. Ditto Ben Morris.

Regarding Bishop, what?

It's been reported the poor kid has been in bits over his injuries on more than occasion.

He wants to be involved.

Why on earth would you speculate on that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:20 - Oct 7 with 5258 viewsMelford

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:13 - Oct 7 by m14_blue

Is that right?

Makes me extremely uncomfortable if so, whichever end of the deal we are on.

When the St Johnstone manager thinks Nydam improves their team he'll play, until then he'll need to work hard and earn his spot. That's how it should be in my eyes.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-insisting
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 22:21]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:30 - Oct 7 with 5213 viewsSuperfrans

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:20 - Oct 7 by Melford

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-insisting
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 22:21]

That’s interesting. So there are rules to stop clubs being forced to start their loanees, but financial penalties can be enforced to discourage them from not playing them anyway? That’s nuts. And very wrong. There’s no way clubs receiving loanees should be compelled to play them.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 08:20 - Oct 8 with 4869 viewsBlueBadger

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:16 - Oct 7 by jeera

Regarding Bishop, what?

It's been reported the poor kid has been in bits over his injuries on more than occasion.

He wants to be involved.

Well quite. Anyone who saw his response to breaking down again and having to be subbed off injured last season wouldn't entertain for a second this whole 'he doesn't care, he's just making it up' nonsense.

In any case, why on earth would you endanger your whole career BY not trying to get fit and actually play again?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 08:25 - Oct 8 with 4866 viewsDinnernotTea

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 22:16 - Oct 7 by jeera

Regarding Bishop, what?

He wants to be involved.

Put it this way I know someone close to Bishop and I know that definitely isn't the case. Not now anyway. Like I say, send him to Oldham on loan and make him realise where his career is going.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 08:29 - Oct 8 with 4843 viewsBlueBadger

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 08:25 - Oct 8 by DinnernotTea

Put it this way I know someone close to Bishop and I know that definitely isn't the case. Not now anyway. Like I say, send him to Oldham on loan and make him realise where his career is going.

Of course you do.

Anyone who'd seen his response to breaking down again last season would know that 'someone close' is talking out of their arse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 09:32 - Oct 8 with 4748 viewsgordon

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 18:46 - Oct 7 by itfcjoe

Often have managers offered a player at the last minute without having seen them play or knowing much about playing style, and have to make a decision based on the pedigree of the parent club. St. Johnstone might have never scouted him, and been hoping for a different type of player.

Liam Craig and David Wotherspoon both play as creative, narrow midfielders for Saints in a similar role to what you'd expect for Nydam, and are amongst their best, senior players - there's no way Nydam would get in ahead of either of them, he will have been brought in as cover, presumably they had injury concerns around one or either of them earlier in the season. They also signed Ross Callachan (strong, physical midfielder) permanently a few days after Nydam arrived on loan, so Nydam maybe was insurance unless they couldn't do that deal, or perhaps they didn't fancy Nydam's playing style once he arrived (loads of strapping 6 foot + centre mids in SPL).
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 12:08 - Oct 8 with 4606 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 08:25 - Oct 8 by DinnernotTea

Put it this way: rather than you claiming to "know someone close to Bishop", I actually am close to him and his whole family.

He's in bits over his injuries and is desperate to get back in the first team picture. Do you really think he'd have gone off against QPR in tears if he wasn't bothered?

That's a ludicrous claim. He's back in training this week so hopefully after the international break he'll be pushing for a place in the 18.
Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 12:20 - Oct 8 with 4555 viewsBlueBadger

Why isn’t Nydam getting game time at St Johnstone? on 12:08 - Oct 8 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Put it this way: rather than you claiming to "know someone close to Bishop", I actually am close to him and his whole family.

He's in bits over his injuries and is desperate to get back in the first team picture. Do you really think he'd have gone off against QPR in tears if he wasn't bothered?

That's a ludicrous claim. He's back in training this week so hopefully after the international break he'll be pushing for a place in the 18.

It was you that gave him the Definite Info he's got there, wasn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024