Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some inside news 10:14 - Oct 16 with 11554 viewshampstead_blue

This is hardly new I know but.

At a dinner last week I had a chat with one of the most senior civil servants, a mate I play cricket with.

1) Jeremy Hunt for PM
2) The EU are doing everything they can to annex NI from the UK. They see it as a suitable punishment for wanting the leave their club.
3) Regardless of what the EU say, they are not interested in negotiating, they just want to make us suffer. All their talk of a settlement is spin and BS.

It doesn't matter who or which party negotiates, they just want to nail us to a post.

Doesn't show them in a good light.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some inside news on 10:20 - Oct 16 with 7106 viewsDarth_Koont

That sounds credible.

Pronouns: He/Him

Some inside news on 10:21 - Oct 16 with 7103 viewshampstead_blue

Some inside news on 10:20 - Oct 16 by Darth_Koont

That sounds credible.

Thank you darling.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Some inside news on 10:24 - Oct 16 with 7079 viewsNo9

How much had a he been drinking to think you are daft enough to swallow that?
Some inside news on 10:25 - Oct 16 with 7071 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 10:20 - Oct 16 by Darth_Koont

That sounds credible.

except for the fact it ignores the tories undying desire to leave the EU & ignores international law
Some inside news on 10:28 - Oct 16 with 7056 viewsSomethingBlue

It's almost as if you circulate among people who hold the same leanings as you do.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Some inside news on 10:31 - Oct 16 with 7043 viewshampstead_blue

Some inside news on 10:24 - Oct 16 by No9

It was before port and the meniscus game had begun.

He'd mentioned it in passing before and is a very good mate, highly credible, and placed just behind his 'person' at the top table in government.

As def info is judged, I'll bet my best match bat on this being true.

Some inside news on 10:35 - Oct 16 with 7013 viewsSomethingBlue

Some inside news on 10:31 - Oct 16 by hampstead_blue

He'd mentioned it in passing before and is a very good mate, highly credible, and placed just behind his 'person' at the top table in government.

Cool, OK, I now believe that this is all the EU mafia's fault.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Some inside news on 10:35 - Oct 16 with 7014 viewsBinner

You managed to get one thing right in your opening sentence tho' you omitted the inverted commas from 'news'.

The rest of it is pure bullsh!t.

Your last sentence you wrote 'them' when you clearly meant 'me'.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

Some inside news on 10:37 - Oct 16 with 6998 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 10:31 - Oct 16 by hampstead_blue

Did he explain to you the international law situation that the tories have still to address?
Port= old fashioned
Maybe he still believes in gunboat diplomacy?
Some inside news on 10:38 - Oct 16 with 7002 viewsMattinLondon

Always makes me wonder how things actually remain confidential with so many ‘sources’ giving out information so easily.

If it is true then it doesn’t show you in a good light by posting what your mate said.
Some inside news on 10:40 - Oct 16 with 6979 viewsBasuco

Some inside news on 10:25 - Oct 16 by No9

except for the fact it ignores the tories undying desire to leave the EU & ignores international law

I think brexit splits MP's of both parties the same way as the population, it doesn't help that MP's are not interested in what is or isn't best for the UK, only if their political belief is in or out. It is a mess that will be impossible to resolve regardless of what bunch of idiots are in power.
Some inside news on 10:44 - Oct 16 with 6946 viewsBinner

Btw, do you bat left or right handed?

All of my guitars are LH but I bat (and play golf) RH.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Some inside news on 10:45 - Oct 16 with 6926 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 10:40 - Oct 16 by Basuco

I think brexit splits MP's of both parties the same way as the population, it doesn't help that MP's are not interested in what is or isn't best for the UK, only if their political belief is in or out. It is a mess that will be impossible to resolve regardless of what bunch of idiots are in power.

Brexit has clearly divided the country (as it was intended to) but that doesn't really have much to do with how the UK leaves the EU.
The process is nowhere near as straightforward as the tories made out and there are a number of things that have to be done to bring the UK into line with international law that, as far as I can see, has so far been ignored.

Divide & rule is the name of the game
Some inside news on 11:04 - Oct 16 with 6855 viewsmonty_radio

Some inside news on 10:21 - Oct 16 by hampstead_blue

Thank you darling.

Was it not in the Hampstead Voice, or somesuch, that I saw, immediately after the Brexit vote, a cartoon that spoke humorously for Hampstead, and maybe even, Belsize Park:

(with speech balloons emanating from the bronze Churchill on Heath Street) :

"Never has so much been lost for so few by so many" ?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 11:23]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Some inside news on 11:22 - Oct 16 with 6787 viewsbracknell_blue

The EU cannot break their rules for a member who wants to be an ex-member. Our wonderful (!) politicians should have realised this before they started "negotiating". Anyone with half a brain could see how it would play out with our red lines. On the NI issue, anything bar being in the CU and SM means a hard border which breaches the Good Friday Agreement. Therefore illegal unless this is repealed. NI voted to remain, more want to do so now there, even to the point of accepting it may lead to a united Ireland; it is just the stone age DUP who won't budge an inch.

There are only 2 options in play now: no deal and remain. And our politicians are too pig-headed and scared to back down now, so no deal it is. A government, aided and abetted by the opposition, deciding deliberately to impoverish this country. Only the disaster capitalists and tax dodgers will do OK (includes Rees-Mogg, May's hubby, Redwood, etc).

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Some inside news on 11:31 - Oct 16 with 6717 viewshampstead_blue

Some inside news on 10:44 - Oct 16 by Binner

Btw, do you bat left or right handed?

All of my guitars are LH but I bat (and play golf) RH.

Bat RH, bowl LH, guitars LH.

Some inside news on 11:33 - Oct 16 with 6700 viewshampstead_blue

Some inside news on 10:38 - Oct 16 by MattinLondon

Always makes me wonder how things actually remain confidential with so many ‘sources’ giving out information so easily.

If it is true then it doesn’t show you in a good light by posting what your mate said.

There is no detail or names. The Hunt thought was me putting it to him and he smiled knowingly. I know him well enough and how to interpret his replies.

I would not ask him for detail that's rather gauche.

Some inside news on 11:36 - Oct 16 with 6683 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 11:22 - Oct 16 by bracknell_blue

The EU cannot break their rules for a member who wants to be an ex-member. Our wonderful (!) politicians should have realised this before they started "negotiating". Anyone with half a brain could see how it would play out with our red lines. On the NI issue, anything bar being in the CU and SM means a hard border which breaches the Good Friday Agreement. Therefore illegal unless this is repealed. NI voted to remain, more want to do so now there, even to the point of accepting it may lead to a united Ireland; it is just the stone age DUP who won't budge an inch.

There are only 2 options in play now: no deal and remain. And our politicians are too pig-headed and scared to back down now, so no deal it is. A government, aided and abetted by the opposition, deciding deliberately to impoverish this country. Only the disaster capitalists and tax dodgers will do OK (includes Rees-Mogg, May's hubby, Redwood, etc).

It should concern everyone that some of the brexit MP's stand to gain a lot from this but are NOT being investigated by the parliamentary stadards bods.
Not to mention N.I. voted remain

BUT= divide & rule
Some inside news on 11:49 - Oct 16 with 6643 viewsJ2BLUE

Some inside news on 11:33 - Oct 16 by hampstead_blue

There is no detail or names. The Hunt thought was me putting it to him and he smiled knowingly. I know him well enough and how to interpret his replies.

That could have been because Hunt wants to be PM. They all do. Javid has hired the same advisor May had to get him in position to be the next PM. It's hardly a tip as to who succeeds May when it has to go to the party membership and he has to make the final two in the first place.

As for the rest of your post, of course the EU would love a united Ireland. It would solve all sorts of problems for them. I doubt they see this as a realistic prospect though.

As for wanting to nail us to a post, you've just taken the generally accepted idea that they can't give us everything outside the club that we had inside and dramatised it. There's nothing new or 'def info' about your post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some inside news on 11:53 - Oct 16 with 6622 viewsnrb1985

"want to make us suffer" = protecting theirs and their members interest...
Some inside news on 12:04 - Oct 16 with 6576 viewscrunchie1978

Some inside news on 10:24 - Oct 16 by No9

Well apart from the 1st point the other 2 are clearly happening so drinking or being daft has nothing to do with it!
Anyone can see it.
Some inside news on 12:10 - Oct 16 with 6536 viewsPendejo

1) aaagh. However, I can see why some would appear to want him. He has been consistently detested by "everyone" yet has stood steadfastly to his tasks .

2) A soft border deal weakens the bureaucratic hold of unelected EU government, so in their interest if more closely aligned with Eire.

3) There are others considering leaving EU, it is not in EU interest for us to divorce ourselves and be successful

I'm pretty sure most are comfortable with the concept of the common market, but less so with union.

The NI situation is interesting because of other interested parties in Europe i e Basque & Catalonian regions of Spain to make but two.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Some inside news on 12:12 - Oct 16 with 6522 viewschicoazul

Some inside news on 10:25 - Oct 16 by No9

And Corbyn & McDonnell's desire to do the same, dont forget them too. In the interests of fairness.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some inside news on 12:13 - Oct 16 with 6514 viewschicoazul

Some inside news on 11:33 - Oct 16 by hampstead_blue

Hunt is clearly the next cab off the rank for PM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some inside news on 12:17 - Oct 16 with 5483 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 12:04 - Oct 16 by crunchie1978

Well apart from the 1st point the other 2 are clearly happening so drinking or being daft has nothing to do with it!
Anyone can see it.

No, the simple fact is the UK government has to understand they are supposed to be negotiating leaving the EU, the EU isn't kicking the UK out.
Big difference, the Uk has done very little in respect of the leave process which is why the government want more time OR not to leave at all so they don't have to pick up the pieces.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024