Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... 10:15 - Oct 25 with 3665 viewsitfcjoe

......of relegation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:17 - Oct 25 with 3625 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, I am.

Even when Hurst goes I have absolutely zero faith in these players to keep us up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:17 - Oct 25 with 3624 viewsKieran_Knows

Oh god yes, I genuinely can't see any manager coming in here and keeping us up with this set of players. Would need 3-4 bloody good players to come in during January to give us a realistic chance, and that's without us being cut adrift between now and then. In my opinion, of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 3598 viewsitfcjoe

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:17 - Oct 25 by Kieran_Knows

Oh god yes, I genuinely can't see any manager coming in here and keeping us up with this set of players. Would need 3-4 bloody good players to come in during January to give us a realistic chance, and that's without us being cut adrift between now and then. In my opinion, of course.

We've only got to get 5 more points than Hull, Reading and Rotherham over the next 32 games - it's not like we need 15 wins.

We just need to make the right change ASAP and get organised

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:21 - Oct 25 with 3578 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 3568 viewslowhouseblue

sadly, i think it's all over bar the crying.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Which is daft on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 3568 viewsGuthrum

Given we have quite recent history of escaping from a situation worse than this in very adverse circumstances (exceptionally high points total for safety).

Or Bristol City in 2015-16, who looked doomed to relegation as late as mid January.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Which is daft on 10:23 - Oct 25 with 3551 viewsReuser_is_God

Which is daft on 10:22 - Oct 25 by Guthrum

Given we have quite recent history of escaping from a situation worse than this in very adverse circumstances (exceptionally high points total for safety).

Or Bristol City in 2015-16, who looked doomed to relegation as late as mid January.

Difference being the teams you refer actually had some good players.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 3517 viewsKieran_Knows

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:20 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

We've only got to get 5 more points than Hull, Reading and Rotherham over the next 32 games - it's not like we need 15 wins.

I just don't see it with this group of players. Yes we only need 5 points more, but let's not forget we've already played Rotherham and Hull and lost to them.

As you say though, needs to be changed soon (as in now) and hope that someone can pick up 3-4 wins on the bounce to pull us away from the bottom 3.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:26 - Oct 25 with 3505 viewsElderGrizzly

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:20 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Agree. We are in trouble, but not inescapable.

Wait until January it might very well be.
Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:30 - Oct 25 with 3468 viewsPinewoodblue

Think it is more that people feel the longer Paul Hurst remains manager the more likely it is we will be relegated.

What encourages me is the apparent promotion of Chris Hogg. I see that as providing continuity if Evans appoints a new manager with a strong Ipswich connection .

We need to replace Hurst and Doig as soon as possible. I would be in favour of an appointment for the rest of this season which would have to be someone with Town connections as doubt any other candidate would accept that. Give them a new contract once we climb the table and a bonus for keeping us up

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:31 - Oct 25 with 3454 viewsWhymarkmariner

When you get rid of Waghorn,Garner,Webster,McGoldrick and Celina, all half decent Championship players and hang on to the one's that couldn't perform under MM + 4 or 5 players that haven't put a handful of games together in one and a bit seasons you end up with what we have. I'm not saying that every one of Hurst's buys were bad, but to expect 9 players who were in lower Divisions to all of a sudden be Championship class was madness. Sears and Ward are both o.k. players when carried by others, but neither can carry others. The defence looks o.k. as of last nights set up, but the midfield is non existent and when you have a couple of strikers, neither of whom are prolific you end up with a team that can't score and concedes goals.
Which is daft on 10:32 - Oct 25 with 3436 viewsGuthrum

Which is daft on 10:23 - Oct 25 by Reuser_is_God

Difference being the teams you refer actually had some good players.

So have we.

Two of the squad went to the World Cup (one actually played). Four were in the team last time we made the play-offs. We have the Captain and two other stars of the England U19 squad (plus a couple more who've had their first call-ups). We have a lively young winger and a hard-working young striker, plus a decent attacking right-back and a good CB on loan. Ward is capable of producing good performances, as even is Spence on occasion.

Where is the disastrous lack of quality in that lot?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:34 - Oct 25 with 3420 viewsPJH

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:30 - Oct 25 by Pinewoodblue

Think it is more that people feel the longer Paul Hurst remains manager the more likely it is we will be relegated.

What encourages me is the apparent promotion of Chris Hogg. I see that as providing continuity if Evans appoints a new manager with a strong Ipswich connection .

We need to replace Hurst and Doig as soon as possible. I would be in favour of an appointment for the rest of this season which would have to be someone with Town connections as doubt any other candidate would accept that. Give them a new contract once we climb the table and a bonus for keeping us up

That seems very logical to me.

At the moment we only need to think short term and what we need is somebody/anybody that might get us enough points to stay in the division how ever it is done.
We can think about season 2019/20 later.
Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:37 - Oct 25 with 3390 viewsCoachRob

I'm still trying to convince myself Hurst is the right manager for Town; so probably still in denial but looking through the squad where are the goals coming from?

If we do change manager is it two banks of four and hope to nick a goal from set pieces to save our championship status?
Which is daft on 10:39 - Oct 25 with 3381 viewsitfcjoe

Which is daft on 10:32 - Oct 25 by Guthrum

So have we.

Two of the squad went to the World Cup (one actually played). Four were in the team last time we made the play-offs. We have the Captain and two other stars of the England U19 squad (plus a couple more who've had their first call-ups). We have a lively young winger and a hard-working young striker, plus a decent attacking right-back and a good CB on loan. Ward is capable of producing good performances, as even is Spence on occasion.

Where is the disastrous lack of quality in that lot?

We don't have any goals in the squad - that is the worry.

No player in the squad has been prolific at any level

Which is daft on 10:42 - Oct 25 with 3349 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Which is daft on 10:39 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Can't help thinking that Folami would have been given some minutes and could have impressed had he not been away with Australia.
Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:42 - Oct 25 with 3348 viewsmarcus1642

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:21 - Oct 25 by footers

This is really funny. We've been in championship 17 odd years, we deserve it.

I fully accept relegation. It's been coming.
Which is daft on 10:45 - Oct 25 with 3320 viewsGuthrum

Which is daft on 10:39 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Jackson scored 16 last season, Edwards seven from the wing, Harrison (if he ever comes back from injury) 14.

In any case, the isolated lone striker setup (with an ineffective Nolan just behind) is not calculated to make goalscoring easier. I doubt any new manager would choose to persist with that.

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:46 - Oct 25 with 3305 viewsTIB

I wanted PH to have until xmas but the lack of progress each game says to me if we are going to stay up, it is all down to how soon he goes. Someone needs to come in and stable the ship now.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 10:49]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:49 - Oct 25 with 3272 viewsPJH

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:46 - Oct 25 by TIB

I wanted PH to have until xmas but the lack of progress each game says to me if we are going to stay up, it is all down to how soon he goes. Someone needs to come in and stable the ship now.

He did make a bit of progress, we looked better in losing to Leeds than we did in losing to QPR.
By the time that he has lost enough games to confirm relegation we should be looking really good.
Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:49 - Oct 25 with 3266 viewsGuthrum

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:46 - Oct 25 by TIB

I originally said until Christmas. But that was when I thought we might be just "ordinarily" bad - i.e. a rather slow start while the team bedded in and got used to the tactics. Not a disorganised and feeble shambles with no apparent plan to it, leaving us marooned at the bottom of the table.

Reading this board this morning, seems a few are already at 'acceptance'... on 10:49 - Oct 25 with 3265 viewsJ2BLUE

I find it extremely odd. People seem to have forgotten how bad we were under Jewell and how much MM getting us organised helped save us. People always think it's different this time and we have plenty who seem to feed on the drama.

An older head with plenty of contacts grinding out results is what we're likely to get. We've been awful and yet we're still not really cut adrift. If Evans acts fast and brings in the right candidate we have every chance. I realise both are big ifs...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024