Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer 20:22 - Oct 30 with 2560 viewsGeefunk

He seems like such an obvious choice now

ME could of saved himself millions
Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 20:24 - Oct 30 with 2548 viewsSomethingBlue

I genuinely didn't think we'd be able to get him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 20:27 - Oct 30 with 2533 viewsJ2BLUE

He was mentioned by a few people and got a reasonable reaction but many, including me, were blinded by the prospect of a young up and coming manager. Now we need some experience again I can't think of anyone better. Evans deserves credit for the last two appointments. At the time Hurst had overwhelming support and we shouldn't pretend otherwise once it didn't work out. Now he has managed to get an excellent replacement.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 20:33 - Oct 30 with 2503 viewsWickets

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 20:27 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

He was mentioned by a few people and got a reasonable reaction but many, including me, were blinded by the prospect of a young up and coming manager. Now we need some experience again I can't think of anyone better. Evans deserves credit for the last two appointments. At the time Hurst had overwhelming support and we shouldn't pretend otherwise once it didn't work out. Now he has managed to get an excellent replacement.

I tend to remember he was mentioned on here more than once usual got a firm no thanks from most, suppose that was 'cos of silly Norwich thing!
Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 21:22 - Oct 30 with 2370 viewsIllinoisblue

one really smart poster on here suggested we get Lambert before we got Keane.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

on 21:29 - Oct 30 with 2343 views_

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 21:57 - Oct 30 with 2275 viewsGuthrum

He was still at Stoke until 18th May. By the time he left we all thought we were getting Ross or Hurst.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 22:11 - Oct 30 with 2230 viewsSuperfrans

If you remember, when we started the hunt he was still at Stoke and it wasn’t certain he’d be available.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

on 22:18 - Oct 30 with 2185 views_

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 22:11 - Oct 30 by Superfrans

If you remember, when we started the hunt he was still at Stoke and it wasn’t certain he’d be available.

Login to get fewer ads

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 22:19 - Oct 30 with 2177 viewsJ2BLUE

on 22:18 - Oct 30 by _

Not at clubs who were a bigger attraction than us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 06:25 - Oct 31 with 2032 viewsGeefunk

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 22:19 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

Not at clubs who were a bigger attraction than us.

Maybe he wouldn't of joined in the summer if he was waiting for a better option. Anyway he is here now and let's hope we get over the PH nightmare as soon as possible.

My only concern is after bringing in so many poor players his legacy takes a long time to erase............
Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 07:02 - Oct 31 with 1987 viewswkj

I too must admit I didn't think Lambert as we might be below his level. I think he is a good coup for the club, and I sincerely hope if he turns us around, but we still fall short, we keep him should we drop.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 07:34 - Oct 31 with 1933 viewshype313

Wasnt on the radar as we were all blind to the fact that we needed a young and upcoming manager, I say young, Hurst is only 5 years younger than Lambert.

Actually think it quite a coup for us to get him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 08:58 - Oct 31 with 1826 viewsBent_double

Annoyingly, if he does well with the players we have now, we'll all be wondering just how it might have been if he'd taken over at the start of the season and had better players and/or a budget to spend.

Fingers, and everything else crossed, everything needs to go right from now on, starting Saturday.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 09:03 - Oct 31 with 1815 viewsflimflam

He is a top manager and not one I would include in the so called merry go round and jobs for mates type.

I like the face he has no fear going into clubs who are on the brink and speaking to Stoke fans they all agree if he got the job 6 games earlier he would have kept them up. Done a decent job at Wolves and Blackburn and we all know about Norwich.

The only club where there has been mixed feelings about him is Villa with some fans saying he done well under difficult circumstances and others none to keen to see him ever again.

Agree that we are lucky to have him and really looking forward again to the season as was losing the will recently and wondering why I put myself through it week after week!!!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Funny how no one mentioned Lambert in the summer on 13:53 - Oct 31 with 1640 viewsMeadowlark

Could "have"......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024