Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party 10:18 - Nov 2 with 69748 viewsGlasgowBlue

For some of us this comes as no surprise.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-begin-criminal-investigation-into-labour-a

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:46 - Nov 6 with 3971 viewsFootballpete

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:32 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

No Irish, no blacks, no dogs would be my guess.

So what you’re saying is, they want England to become a sh@t b&b from the 1970’s?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:46 - Nov 6 with 3968 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:32 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

No Irish, no blacks, no dogs would be my guess.

incorrect and stereotypical. Again, incredible ignorance thinking Scots nats are cuddly, English Nats are somehow Nazis. ridiculously hypocritical.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:54 - Nov 6 with 3956 viewsJ2BLUE

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:19 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

They're training them young in Bournemouth

edit. Maliblu, you promised to get back to me today. And I know what a stickler you are for people not replying to the points you make.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 22:23]

Not quite true, I simply brought it to your attention again.

I will have a look now but i'm about to start watching US election coverage so can't promise a reply tonight.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:55 - Nov 6 with 3955 viewsFootballpete

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:46 - Nov 6 by Jonnosdreadlocks

incorrect and stereotypical. Again, incredible ignorance thinking Scots nats are cuddly, English Nats are somehow Nazis. ridiculously hypocritical.

If that’s the case, why not explain what it is they want, rather than telling people what they don’t want? Isn’t it better to dispel myths about a cause you support rather than just attack those that question it?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:02 - Nov 6 with 3939 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:46 - Nov 6 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Where have I described Scots nats as cuddly. There is a very nasty bullying undercurrent to Scottish nationalism.

But the EDL and their ilk are just another version of the New Party/British Union of Fascists/National Front/BNP. The names may change but the poisonous agenda remains.

They rebrand, gain support, eat themselves and fade away. Repeat.

Don't let them suck you in Jonno. You're better than that.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:04 - Nov 6 with 3930 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:46 - Nov 6 by Footballpete

So what you’re saying is, they want England to become a sh@t b&b from the 1970’s?

All the sh1t bits of the 1970's without the good parts like Rayleigh Choppers, Sherbert dib dabs, Philly Soul and a decent ITFC.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 3918 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:02 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Where have I described Scots nats as cuddly. There is a very nasty bullying undercurrent to Scottish nationalism.

But the EDL and their ilk are just another version of the New Party/British Union of Fascists/National Front/BNP. The names may change but the poisonous agenda remains.

"A very nasty bullying undercurrent to Scottish nationalism" Jeez, you really play fast and loose with language for maximum smeary effect.

Yes, there are idiots within Scottish nationalism — it's a huge section of the population. But no undercurrent.

More accuracy and a bit less rampant propaganda and you might have a bit of credibility.

Pronouns: He/Him

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:24 - Nov 6 with 3905 viewsJ2BLUE

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:19 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

They're training them young in Bournemouth

edit. Maliblu, you promised to get back to me today. And I know what a stickler you are for people not replying to the points you make.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 22:23]

I make no comment on the part of your post about Dolly/Footers. I would have to go back and read the entire thread to understand the context. I maintain neither of them are anti-Semitic which you seem to agree with. One point I will agree on is Dolly was out of order with the comment about you using your wife and kids to further your point. I'm sure he agreed when he read it back.

As for the proof part of your post you have succeeded. I am convinced. It's overwhelming from a huge variety of people, some of them with a vested interest in seeing Labour succeed who could have helped sweep it under the carpet. I admire Corbyn's 'for the many' ideals but as I posted months ago I wouldn't vote for him to be PM. I think he's shown he's not cut out for it over the last year or so.

One part I can't get my head around is the 'Hitler had a point' comments. It's ignorance of the highest order and one of those things you can't believe people actually think.

Thanks for posting all of that. Very informative and extensive. I still have a couple of the links to click and rad through but I will do so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:25 - Nov 6 with 3903 viewsFootballpete

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:04 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

All the sh1t bits of the 1970's without the good parts like Rayleigh Choppers, Sherbert dib dabs, Philly Soul and a decent ITFC.

If their manifesto promised good ITFC, I’d struggle not to vote for them.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 10:18 - Nov 7 with 3741 viewsSeablu

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:02 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

'Don't let them suck you in Jonno. You're better than that'

Too late, the bloke's an angry & fully indoctrinated embracer of said 'poisonous agenda'

You love researching posting histories, I'm surprised you see any hope in the views he espouses so readily on here.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:01 - Nov 7 with 3709 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:24 - Nov 6 by J2BLUE

I make no comment on the part of your post about Dolly/Footers. I would have to go back and read the entire thread to understand the context. I maintain neither of them are anti-Semitic which you seem to agree with. One point I will agree on is Dolly was out of order with the comment about you using your wife and kids to further your point. I'm sure he agreed when he read it back.

As for the proof part of your post you have succeeded. I am convinced. It's overwhelming from a huge variety of people, some of them with a vested interest in seeing Labour succeed who could have helped sweep it under the carpet. I admire Corbyn's 'for the many' ideals but as I posted months ago I wouldn't vote for him to be PM. I think he's shown he's not cut out for it over the last year or so.

One part I can't get my head around is the 'Hitler had a point' comments. It's ignorance of the highest order and one of those things you can't believe people actually think.

Thanks for posting all of that. Very informative and extensive. I still have a couple of the links to click and rad through but I will do so.

I haven't bothered replying to Glassers after he called me racist. Nothing more needs to be said.

With regard to your point about me here - what I said is he didn't mention his wife and kids have Jewish links when he first attacked Labour and Corbyn over anti-semitism. It's something he's added into the argument much later, to help legitimise why his views are so strong and not just Labour bashing.

Nothing wrong with that but let's not pretend that isn't why he's adding them in.

I don't know what Corbyn's done to show he isn't cut out to be PM. We can't really know that until we give him a go. I'd rather do that than continue to put up with the sh!t show that is the current government.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:13 - Nov 7 with 3700 viewsBueller

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:01 - Nov 7 by BrixtonBlue

I haven't bothered replying to Glassers after he called me racist. Nothing more needs to be said.

With regard to your point about me here - what I said is he didn't mention his wife and kids have Jewish links when he first attacked Labour and Corbyn over anti-semitism. It's something he's added into the argument much later, to help legitimise why his views are so strong and not just Labour bashing.

Nothing wrong with that but let's not pretend that isn't why he's adding them in.

I don't know what Corbyn's done to show he isn't cut out to be PM. We can't really know that until we give him a go. I'd rather do that than continue to put up with the sh!t show that is the current government.

I would not even bother bringing up family on here in the first place to be honest. If you do, be prepared for people to comment on it like you have.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:42 - Nov 7 with 3689 viewsRyorry

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:13 - Nov 7 by Bueller

I would not even bother bringing up family on here in the first place to be honest. If you do, be prepared for people to comment on it like you have.

Iirc, someone (can't recall who) asked GB why he felt so passionately about the issue & he then explained the added personal reasons. Someone earlier in the thread similarly explained that he and his partner are now having misgivings about giving their son an obviously Jewish middle name. All seems perfectly reasonable to me. People add more info etc to long threads as they develop all the time, I'd be very surprised to find any 5+ pager where that isn't the case. Seems bang out of order to me for anybody to have a go at anybody else for explaining why they're particularly personally affected by any issue. (And I'm not having a go at you here!)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:45 - Nov 7 with 3683 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:42 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

Iirc, someone (can't recall who) asked GB why he felt so passionately about the issue & he then explained the added personal reasons. Someone earlier in the thread similarly explained that he and his partner are now having misgivings about giving their son an obviously Jewish middle name. All seems perfectly reasonable to me. People add more info etc to long threads as they develop all the time, I'd be very surprised to find any 5+ pager where that isn't the case. Seems bang out of order to me for anybody to have a go at anybody else for explaining why they're particularly personally affected by any issue. (And I'm not having a go at you here!)

I've not "had a go" at him... in fact in my post two posts up I say "Nothing wrong with that."

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 13:33 - Nov 7 with 3658 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 12:42 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

And nothing to do with him having a hard-on for Corbyn over every single issue since he became opposition leader ...

It's been oddly personal for him from the start.

The strange thing for me is to be cast into the role of a Corbynista and even an antisemite it seems (I'm neither) just because I think there is an over-the-top and a pretty transparent political campaign to discredit Corbyn. I can freely admit that there are antisemites in the Labour Party but somehow getting people to admit the rest of the story is impossible. It's as plain as day that there's also a campaign by opponents within Labour, opposition parties, a centre and right-wing media, and pro-Israel lobbyists and organisations to make this stuff stick to his leadership.

If we're ever going to get better politicians and indeed debate in the media and on social media people need to stop holding on to the particular narrative that serves them best politically and raise their standards a little.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:14 - Nov 7 with 3602 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 13:33 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

And nothing to do with him having a hard-on for Corbyn over every single issue since he became opposition leader ...

It's been oddly personal for him from the start.

The strange thing for me is to be cast into the role of a Corbynista and even an antisemite it seems (I'm neither) just because I think there is an over-the-top and a pretty transparent political campaign to discredit Corbyn. I can freely admit that there are antisemites in the Labour Party but somehow getting people to admit the rest of the story is impossible. It's as plain as day that there's also a campaign by opponents within Labour, opposition parties, a centre and right-wing media, and pro-Israel lobbyists and organisations to make this stuff stick to his leadership.

If we're ever going to get better politicians and indeed debate in the media and on social media people need to stop holding on to the particular narrative that serves them best politically and raise their standards a little.

I have never called you an antisemite. I have said, as others have pointed out, that you indulge in repeating antisemitic tropes. You have done it again by dismissing all of this as a "campaign by opponents within Labour, opposition parties, a centre and right-wing media, and pro-Israel lobbyists".

I also messaged you personally explaining my family circumstances and and how constantly calling into question my motives for raising this subject is highly offensive, yet you continue to do so.

FYI. I have been posting on this subject since before you had even heard of Jeremy Corbyn. I actually explained my wife's Jewish links to Phil many years ago after a thread became rather heated when Football Pete pulled up CIL for linking articles written by an antisemite.

I don't know any other poster who has to justify their family circumstances when highlighting a brand of racism. The fact that you continue to question my motives, despite me politely asking you off board not to do so, shows you in a very poor light.
Regarding Corbyn. Do I call him out as an antisemite and terrorist sympathiser because I dislike him. I dislike him because he is.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 14:18]

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:23 - Nov 7 with 3586 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:24 - Nov 6 by J2BLUE

Thanks for the reply mate. Like you I struggle to get my head around is the 'Hitler had a point' comments. It creeps up quite frequently.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:29 - Nov 7 with 3580 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:14 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

I have never called you an antisemite. I have said, as others have pointed out, that you indulge in repeating antisemitic tropes. You have done it again by dismissing all of this as a "campaign by opponents within Labour, opposition parties, a centre and right-wing media, and pro-Israel lobbyists".

I also messaged you personally explaining my family circumstances and and how constantly calling into question my motives for raising this subject is highly offensive, yet you continue to do so.

FYI. I have been posting on this subject since before you had even heard of Jeremy Corbyn. I actually explained my wife's Jewish links to Phil many years ago after a thread became rather heated when Football Pete pulled up CIL for linking articles written by an antisemite.

I don't know any other poster who has to justify their family circumstances when highlighting a brand of racism. The fact that you continue to question my motives, despite me politely asking you off board not to do so, shows you in a very poor light.
Regarding Corbyn. Do I call him out as an antisemite and terrorist sympathiser because I dislike him. I dislike him because he is.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 14:18]

The idea that the campaign can just be dismissed as an antisemitic trope is totally ludicrous. And I'm not saying it's a coordinated campaign, it's different people with different agendas opportunistically jumping on the bandwagon.

Are you honestly saying that nobody is trying to make political capital out of this? For the first time in modern history??

This is pure shutting down the debate to push a narrative.

You don't have to "explain your family circumstances", you should be explaining the validity of your accusations. The problem is that when I and others have challenged you on the validity some of these accusations and especially mere insinuations that antisemitic remarks are "in Corbyn's name" or similar nonsense, that's when you bring in your family. I've seen enough from you over the years on a variety of issues to see how you operate and you'll seemingly pull any rhetorical trick in the book. So why should you be believed now?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:33 - Nov 7 with 3569 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:29 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

The idea that the campaign can just be dismissed as an antisemitic trope is totally ludicrous. And I'm not saying it's a coordinated campaign, it's different people with different agendas opportunistically jumping on the bandwagon.

Are you honestly saying that nobody is trying to make political capital out of this? For the first time in modern history??

This is pure shutting down the debate to push a narrative.

You don't have to "explain your family circumstances", you should be explaining the validity of your accusations. The problem is that when I and others have challenged you on the validity some of these accusations and especially mere insinuations that antisemitic remarks are "in Corbyn's name" or similar nonsense, that's when you bring in your family. I've seen enough from you over the years on a variety of issues to see how you operate and you'll seemingly pull any rhetorical trick in the book. So why should you be believed now?

I have no wish to engage with you any further. You have dismissed and excused antisemitism on this board for some time now. There isn't a thread on the subject where you haven't piped in with your Israel lobby conspiracies. I'll leave you to your conscience.

Good day.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:08 - Nov 7 with 3539 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 14:33 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

I have no wish to engage with you any further. You have dismissed and excused antisemitism on this board for some time now. There isn't a thread on the subject where you haven't piped in with your Israel lobby conspiracies. I'll leave you to your conscience.

Good day.

Shut down the debate.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:23 - Nov 7 with 3521 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:08 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

Shut down the debate.

Oh please STFU. I have debated this subject endlessly with you. I’m shutting nothing down.

I doubt you, I or anyone else would relish another ten pages of me linking examples of antisemitism and you dismissing them as being orchestrated by the Israel lobby.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:24 - Nov 7 with 3515 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:08 - Nov 7 by Darth_Koont

Shut down the debate.

This is what he does. Some of us can see through it thankfully.

This was interesting from his rant above: "You have done it again by dismissing all of this as campaign..."

He either can't read or is being disingenuous. No-one has said ALL of this is a campaign.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:27 - Nov 7 with 3512 viewsBueller

I do not think it needed to turn into 'you are a disgrace' or 'how would you feel if it was your family' type of arguement though. As if a direct insult at the wife and kids was made. It all seemed abit 'what you say about my wife' when really there was just a questioning of motives bringing it up (Whether asked or not).

I think you mention family on here at your peril to be honest.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 15:30]
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 3485 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:24 - Nov 7 by BrixtonBlue

This is what he does. Some of us can see through it thankfully.

This was interesting from his rant above: "You have done it again by dismissing all of this as campaign..."

He either can't read or is being disingenuous. No-one has said ALL of this is a campaign.

Standard practice, I'm afraid. It's Trump-level stuff to always make the narrative the reality.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:47 - Nov 7 with 3464 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:23 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Oh please STFU. I have debated this subject endlessly with you. I’m shutting nothing down.

I doubt you, I or anyone else would relish another ten pages of me linking examples of antisemitism and you dismissing them as being orchestrated by the Israel lobby.

Again you willfully misrepresent me. I don't think examples of antisemitism are orchestrated by the Israel lobby amongst others. I think how these often genuine cases of antisemitism are linked and spun to form a narrative around Corbyn and others who are pro-Palestinian is certainly orchestrated by the Israel lobby amongst others.

Have you ever addressed Al Jazeeras Lobby exposé where this is documented? Have you even seen it? If so, don't you wobble a little in your black and white stance when you see how the earlier antisemitic accusations came about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024