Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party 10:18 - Nov 2 with 69343 viewsGlasgowBlue

For some of us this comes as no surprise.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-begin-criminal-investigation-into-labour-a

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:14 - Nov 2 with 4591 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:52 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Thanks for the reply, it's much better with a bit of context as the meme on its own is bloody stupid.

I hope we can agree though that however differently people interpret these things, Dolly and Footers are not anti-Semitic. You can't ignore their entire posting history to make a judgement on a couple of sentences. Don't take this the wrong way but you've posted many 'total proof' posts which have left many of us unconvinced.

Cheers fella. You are correct, I'm not anti-semitic (or indeed racist in any shape or form). And also I have never said the death threats against Jewish MP'S, antisemitic abuse, holocaust denial etc are a smear concocted by the government.

Glasgow Blue has lied about that - and he's the worst kind of liar because he has me on ignore so that he can't even see my protestations at his lying about me. Surely that's an abuse of the ignore function? If you're going to ignore someone - ignore them. Don't keep banging on about them, particularly if you're making things up.

And of course, the fact that he's prepared to lie about posters to make his points should make one question everything he says. Frankly, I think everything he posts is agenda driven and should be regarded with suspicion.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:15 - Nov 2 with 4588 viewsJ2BLUE

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:11 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

Good post. Apart from the part where I'm still an antisemite

You weren't mentioned in the post!

But no, you're clearly not either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:49 - Nov 2 with 4555 viewsRyorry

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 15:42 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

The more you write, the more it seems that you're the one confused about antisemitism. Are you saying that the essence of that poster which is the same as Primo Levi's criticism of Israel as fascist and racist is antisemitic??

But I'll say it again in the hope that it might finally sink in: How it was expressed IS definitely antisemitic.

Point is DK, that surely the person who stuck that up in their window for all to see didn't have any kind of level of sophistry about it's "essence" v. its "expression". They clearly had only one aim in mind - to express their antisemitic hatred, and spread it around as much as possible. If it had been an anti-Israel expression, they'd have used an Israeli flag (and/or Palestinian one) - but no, they used the Star of David. Seems plain enough to me, as it was no doubt intended to be.

I've not been in long btw and am knackered, haven't yet read the rest of the thread, gotta go and revive with pint of tea! - so apols if the above has already been said.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:57 - Nov 2 with 4538 viewsjimmyvet

My goodness this thread has got out out of control and we seem to have lost the real message here. Is the current Labour party riddled from top to bottom with anti-semites all the evidence points to yes clearly it does hence the police investigation....can we now talk about football again please?
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:03 - Nov 2 with 4523 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:49 - Nov 2 by Ryorry

Point is DK, that surely the person who stuck that up in their window for all to see didn't have any kind of level of sophistry about it's "essence" v. its "expression". They clearly had only one aim in mind - to express their antisemitic hatred, and spread it around as much as possible. If it had been an anti-Israel expression, they'd have used an Israeli flag (and/or Palestinian one) - but no, they used the Star of David. Seems plain enough to me, as it was no doubt intended to be.

I've not been in long btw and am knackered, haven't yet read the rest of the thread, gotta go and revive with pint of tea! - so apols if the above has already been said.

Point is ... that's exactly what I said.

Even though intellectually and objectively it should be OK to make a comparison between offensive ideologies and systems of government. How you do it and how offensively is the issue and this poster in a window indicates this person is almost certainly an antisemite however strongly he believes this is about opposing Israel and Zionism.

And just for clarification: the swastika and the star of David aren't the flag of those countries but they are the symbols. I don't see how this is meant to be an attack on Jewish people in general but Zionists and Israel. How are Jews Nazis? It makes no sense.

Pronouns: He/Him

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 4512 viewsRyorry

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:03 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

Point is ... that's exactly what I said.

Even though intellectually and objectively it should be OK to make a comparison between offensive ideologies and systems of government. How you do it and how offensively is the issue and this poster in a window indicates this person is almost certainly an antisemite however strongly he believes this is about opposing Israel and Zionism.

And just for clarification: the swastika and the star of David aren't the flag of those countries but they are the symbols. I don't see how this is meant to be an attack on Jewish people in general but Zionists and Israel. How are Jews Nazis? It makes no sense.

While tea's brewing - of course the star of David isn't the flag of the country - its a symbol of Judaism - that's precisely why it's clear to me that the poster is anti-semitic!

Will re-read what you said earlier, but later on.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 4506 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:57 - Nov 2 by jimmyvet

My goodness this thread has got out out of control and we seem to have lost the real message here. Is the current Labour party riddled from top to bottom with anti-semites all the evidence points to yes clearly it does hence the police investigation....can we now talk about football again please?

None of the evidence points to that. This idea of antisemitism "riddling the Labour Party" is exactly the smear certain people are trying to push.

There are antisemites who are Labour members but the evidence suggests it's no more than the rest of the population and probably less than the right wing. And the neo-Nazis they inspire to shoot innocent people in synagogues.

Let's put the agenda aside and then talk about football.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 4508 viewslowhouseblue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:27 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

You do like your downvotes, Lowers.

But the less you (and Benters!) engage the more your ignorance is showing.

i've engaged a lot thanks. more than enough. i find your attempt to present the reporting of anti-semitism in labour as an israeli 'tactic' offensive.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:25 - Nov 2 with 4449 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

None of the evidence points to that. This idea of antisemitism "riddling the Labour Party" is exactly the smear certain people are trying to push.

There are antisemites who are Labour members but the evidence suggests it's no more than the rest of the population and probably less than the right wing. And the neo-Nazis they inspire to shoot innocent people in synagogues.

Which part of that are you downvoting lowhouse?
If people are coming up with riddled statements then it would appear there is a smear occurring!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:28 - Nov 2 with 4467 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

i've engaged a lot thanks. more than enough. i find your attempt to present the reporting of anti-semitism in labour as an israeli 'tactic' offensive.

No, you haven't — you've played your usual games and addressed nothing I've said. You're intent on playing with antisemitism, silly misrepresentations of my views and pathetic accusations.

On a related note, I hope you never have anything meaningful to do with party politics again. You and the other fanboys are a waste of space and hugely responsible for where we are now. This country needs people with standards who think politics is about finding truths and helping people rather than spreading bullsh!t and helping yourself.

COYB!

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:32 - Nov 2 with 4459 viewslowhouseblue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:28 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

No, you haven't — you've played your usual games and addressed nothing I've said. You're intent on playing with antisemitism, silly misrepresentations of my views and pathetic accusations.

On a related note, I hope you never have anything meaningful to do with party politics again. You and the other fanboys are a waste of space and hugely responsible for where we are now. This country needs people with standards who think politics is about finding truths and helping people rather than spreading bullsh!t and helping yourself.

COYB!

i'm guessing you're pissed, so let's leave it there.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:34 - Nov 2 with 4449 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:11 - Nov 2 by Ryorry

While tea's brewing - of course the star of David isn't the flag of the country - its a symbol of Judaism - that's precisely why it's clear to me that the poster is anti-semitic!

Will re-read what you said earlier, but later on.

I read it as political and antisemitic rather than just antisemitic. If you think it's a comment on Jewish people per se then go with that.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:34 - Nov 2 with 4444 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:32 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

Classy.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:54 - Nov 2 with 4383 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:28 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

COYB!

This country needs people with standards who think politics is about finding truths and helping people rather than spreading bullsh!t and helping yourself.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:59 - Nov 2 with 4369 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:32 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

Seems that smearing comes naturally!

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:10 - Nov 2 with 4351 viewsSeablu

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:14 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

Cheers fella. You are correct, I'm not anti-semitic (or indeed racist in any shape or form). And also I have never said the death threats against Jewish MP'S, antisemitic abuse, holocaust denial etc are a smear concocted by the government.

Glasgow Blue has lied about that - and he's the worst kind of liar because he has me on ignore so that he can't even see my protestations at his lying about me. Surely that's an abuse of the ignore function? If you're going to ignore someone - ignore them. Don't keep banging on about them, particularly if you're making things up.

And of course, the fact that he's prepared to lie about posters to make his points should make one question everything he says. Frankly, I think everything he posts is agenda driven and should be regarded with suspicion.

I find GlasgowBlue to be an appalling agenda-driven blight on this forum and I'm glad it is finally dawning on people.
When your only allies are an equally myopic individual such as lowhouseblue & a sub-stupid bigot from Great Bentley, you just have to be a wrong 'un.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:13 - Nov 2 with 4343 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

Then you find the views of Shulamit Aloni who served in 7 Knessets, was a former Minister of Education and a winner of the Israel Prize ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Prize ) offensive too.

Apologies for linking the video again, but it's very relevant to the type of offence you claim to be feeling.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 00:03 - Nov 3 with 4292 viewsRyorry

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:10 - Nov 2 by Seablu

I find GlasgowBlue to be an appalling agenda-driven blight on this forum and I'm glad it is finally dawning on people.
When your only allies are an equally myopic individual such as lowhouseblue & a sub-stupid bigot from Great Bentley, you just have to be a wrong 'un.

Don't forget me, and feel free to call me anythng you like, I really don't care!

Whilst GB can be incredibly annoying & slippery in political discussions (have had a run-in or two with him in the past), I have no doubt whatsoever that his passion on this topic is driven by personal experience relating to his family & his natural drive to protect them (see G Ulla's post also and my response to that, about half way thru the thread so far). I do also think, as GB has said many times, that there's a tendency these days (and not just in the UK) for antisemitism to be not as quickly and ruthlessly stamped on as other forms of 'isms'. It may well be that it's convenient for him that Corbyn and Labour are being focussed on, but I'm 100% sure that's just a side bonus for him rather than being his main driver.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 00:13 - Nov 3 with 4281 viewsRyorry

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:34 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

I read it as political and antisemitic rather than just antisemitic. If you think it's a comment on Jewish people per se then go with that.

It may well have some politicking mixed in, but who knows the motives of the person displaying it - could just as easily incorporate an element of personal feuding between neighbours. Think you'd have to be local and know the person responsible to really understand it.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 04:57 - Nov 3 with 4198 viewsBenters2

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:10 - Nov 2 by Seablu

Thanks for the mention.

Sadly for you i am not allowed to argue or mention other forum members by name.

Enjoy your day.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 06:26 - Nov 3 with 4185 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 13:17 - Nov 2 by Ryorry

It sadly detracts from the actual issue when people get into mudslinging on here imho. The screenshots & links to them that GB posted surely speak for themelves? (Other examples of racism & other -isms also available).

Shall I find a racist tweet from an Ipswich fan and then accuse you and ITFC of being racist.......would you feel the need to defend yourself and club?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 07:39 - Nov 3 with 4164 viewsjimmyvet

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 06:26 - Nov 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Shall I find a racist tweet from an Ipswich fan and then accuse you and ITFC of being racist.......would you feel the need to defend yourself and club?

The denial on here by some of the huge problem that is engrained in the far left with antisemitism and the current labour leadership says it all really absolutely no acceptance of a problem the whole world can see clearly and it’s very scary and very dangerous if I was part of the Jewish faith right now in the UK I would be very very frightened that the opposition and many of its supporters hold such views
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 07:55 - Nov 3 with 4151 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 23:13 - Nov 2 by caught-in-limbo

Then you find the views of Shulamit Aloni who served in 7 Knessets, was a former Minister of Education and a winner of the Israel Prize ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Prize ) offensive too.

Apologies for linking the video again, but it's very relevant to the type of offence you claim to be feeling.

Just as the Palastinians said about Corbyn, his comments although free speech in regarding support for what the Palestinianians have been through is classed as antisemitic = attempts to close down free speech in one subject or policial arena.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 07:59 - Nov 3 with 4154 viewsjimmyvet

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 07:55 - Nov 3 by No9

Just as the Palastinians said about Corbyn, his comments although free speech in regarding support for what the Palestinianians have been through is classed as antisemitic = attempts to close down free speech in one subject or policial arena.

This isn’t about Israel it’s about the persecution of a religious faith that had 6 million followers murdered in Europe less than 80 years ago. You and your like just don’t get it do you!
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 07:59 - Nov 3 with 4149 viewsNo9

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 22:14 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

It is important to note this recurring thread only addresses antisemitism in one political party not antisemitism per se.

That surely is an unhealthy agenda?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024