Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party 10:18 - Nov 2 with 69310 viewsGlasgowBlue

For some of us this comes as no surprise.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-begin-criminal-investigation-into-labour-a

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:49 - Nov 2 with 3223 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:23 - Nov 2 by footers

I wonder if Glassers et al support the creation and international recognition of the Palestinian state as a homeland for persecuted Palestinians who also have the right to self-determination. If you support a two-state solution then it only makes sense in international law to have two recognised states to create that solution.

Why does the West continually deny the Palestinians this opportunity? It can't be because of their leadership, since, as we're told of extremists like Netenyahu, the right to self-determination for the Israelis includes being able to elect extremists into power. So to deny Palestine would be hypocritical.

Perhaps all this 'antisemitism' (or anti-Zionism) stems from this fact, Israel's hegemony and illegal actions in the ME? Wouldn't the best course of action to stop it be to lobby the British government to recognise Palestine and therefore start the process of a two-state solution?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 17:41]

Could you possibly explain what my views on Israel/Palestine have to do with my stance on antisemitism?

edit. I mean really? Your post sums up exactly why the left have a problem with antisemitism. If a man of Asian descent was highlighting Islamophobia in this country would you turn around to them and say "yeah but what are you views on IS and 9/11"

Have a word with yourself mate. I'm out of here. Maybe reflect on what you are posting.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 17:58]

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:58 - Nov 2 with 3173 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:33 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

and what's the equivalent for pakistan?

I imagine it would be Pakko.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:05 - Nov 2 with 3164 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:33 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

and what's the equivalent for pakistan?

I was hoping you'd ask that.

Pakistan - Pakistani-
India - Indo-
Iraq - Iraqi-
China - Sino-

Obviously you wanted me to say "paki" but that's not a recognised adjective prefix for Pakistan, while Pakistani- is. Here's an example: https://www.businessinsider.com/pakistani-american-ceo-i-used-to-let-people-thin

I'd like to know what the adjective prefix for Zion is if it's not Zio-, I'd be happy to use it as long as is doesn't blur distinctions between Judo- and Israeli-.

Oh, by the way, what's your take on the "Nation-State" Law - do you dispute the fact that it make Israel an apartheid state?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:10 - Nov 2 with 3148 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:48 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

You don't get to define what Zionism is. It has a definition. The belief in a Jewish homeland in the land of Israel.

I am a Zionist and I believe that Israel should return to it's pre 1967 borders. I believe that the settlements are illegal. I also believe that the blockade of Gaza should end.

With regards to the Nation State Law? It was Bibi being Trumpesque by making a gesture that was fairly cosmetic. Most of its provisions were already on the law books and have been purely been restated in the new law from existing legislation. The appearance of the Israeli flag, the national anthem and the state symbol were already the subject of a law from 1949. The provision declaring Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was incorporated in full from the Basic Law on Jerusalem, the Capital of Israel.

There were parts that were dropped at the last minute. The section on reference by the courts to Jewish religious law already appears in the law on the foundations of the legal system. Also dropped was a provision that would have permitted the creation of Jewish-only communities.

Does the Nation State Law make Israel an apartheid state? No.

Arabs and other minorities are full citizens, have equal voting rights, and sit in the Knesset. Arabs serve as Ministers, Army Officers, Police officers and Judges. Universities and hospitals are also integrated.

You can go to any bar, restaurant or beach in Israel and find a mix of Jews, Arabs and other ethnic grouping.

Is Israel perfect? Absolutely not. There is certainly inequality in Israel and it's worsened under Bibi. But it's far from an apartheid state.

Sadly, a thread about racism against British Jews by members of a party that hopes to form the next government has been hijacked into a debate on the rights and wrongs of Israel. It's not a debate I want to engage in and it should be completely separate from the debate on antisemitism.

In instances such as this one I refer to David Schneider's basic test for antisemitism.

In order for this post to work you either need to replace the land of Israel with a land of Israel or accept that for some reason the word zionist has multiple definitions allowing it to be used for political capital.....the people on the left I imagine use it in reference to aggressively right wing illegal settlers......semantics?
Is arabic a recognised (legally)language within Israel?
Unfortunately the last bit of your post doesn't work because of the deliberately broad, yet blurry, brush with which the definition examples have been scribed!(which is all I have ever really been arguing about with you)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:18 - Nov 2 with 3128 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:48 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

You don't get to define what Zionism is. It has a definition. The belief in a Jewish homeland in the land of Israel.

I am a Zionist and I believe that Israel should return to it's pre 1967 borders. I believe that the settlements are illegal. I also believe that the blockade of Gaza should end.

With regards to the Nation State Law? It was Bibi being Trumpesque by making a gesture that was fairly cosmetic. Most of its provisions were already on the law books and have been purely been restated in the new law from existing legislation. The appearance of the Israeli flag, the national anthem and the state symbol were already the subject of a law from 1949. The provision declaring Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was incorporated in full from the Basic Law on Jerusalem, the Capital of Israel.

There were parts that were dropped at the last minute. The section on reference by the courts to Jewish religious law already appears in the law on the foundations of the legal system. Also dropped was a provision that would have permitted the creation of Jewish-only communities.

Arabs and other minorities are full citizens, have equal voting rights, and sit in the Knesset. Arabs serve as Ministers, Army Officers, Police officers and Judges. Universities and hospitals are also integrated.

You can go to any bar, restaurant or beach in Israel and find a mix of Jews, Arabs and other ethnic grouping.

Is Israel perfect? Absolutely not. There is certainly inequality in Israel and it's worsened under Bibi. But it's far from an apartheid state.

Sadly, a thread about racism against British Jews by members of a party that hopes to form the next government has been hijacked into a debate on the rights and wrongs of Israel. It's not a debate I want to engage in and it should be completely separate from the debate on antisemitism.

In instances such as this one I refer to David Schneider's basic test for antisemitism.

It's the same argument again. A discussion about antisemitism in the Labour Party has turned into a discussion about the rights and wrongs of Israel and you posting up your favourite anti-semite labelling graphic from google.

Unfortunately, with this admission:

any charge of antisemitism, rightly or wrongly will be met with a degree of suspicion and will be regarded as a slur against anyone wishing to silence anyone.

I've said for as long as I've been posting on here that the overuse of the charge of antisemitism is counter-productive and dangerous. As so it is proving to be.

#toxic

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:19 - Nov 2 with 3140 viewsJ2BLUE

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:49 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

Could you possibly explain what my views on Israel/Palestine have to do with my stance on antisemitism?

edit. I mean really? Your post sums up exactly why the left have a problem with antisemitism. If a man of Asian descent was highlighting Islamophobia in this country would you turn around to them and say "yeah but what are you views on IS and 9/11"

Have a word with yourself mate. I'm out of here. Maybe reflect on what you are posting.

Any chance you could respond to my post on page 4 please? Do you agree with the point i'm making?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:26 - Nov 2 with 3122 viewslowhouseblue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:05 - Nov 2 by caught-in-limbo

I was hoping you'd ask that.

Pakistan - Pakistani-
India - Indo-
Iraq - Iraqi-
China - Sino-

Obviously you wanted me to say "paki" but that's not a recognised adjective prefix for Pakistan, while Pakistani- is. Here's an example: https://www.businessinsider.com/pakistani-american-ceo-i-used-to-let-people-thin

I'd like to know what the adjective prefix for Zion is if it's not Zio-, I'd be happy to use it as long as is doesn't blur distinctions between Judo- and Israeli-.

Oh, by the way, what's your take on the "Nation-State" Law - do you dispute the fact that it make Israel an apartheid state?

pakistani and zionist are (when used about people who are respectively from pakistan or who believe in a jewish homeland in the land of israel) correct usage. paki and zio are racist terms of abuse. it's not complicated.

i think the nation state law is a negative thing, but i think describing israel as an apartheid state is polemical nonsense.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:33 - Nov 2 with 3109 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:19 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Any chance you could respond to my post on page 4 please? Do you agree with the point i'm making?

It's Friday evening. I'm on my way out but I'll give you a quick reply.

The meme (or whatever you would call it) was created by Labour members who are trying to fight antisemitism from the inside (Labour Against Antisemitism). The context you are looking for is that it was produced in response to people dismissing Labour's antisemitism issue as being smears after the three main Jewish Newspapers, The Board of Deputies, The Jewish Labour Movement and 70 leading Rabbis stood as one to complain about it.

They were saying that a community isn't being listened to and those dismissing their fears are playing the old "lying Jews" trope.

It was in response to Dolly who was saying that this latest episode (death threats against Jewish MP'S, antisemitic abuse, holocaust denial etc) was a smear concocted by the government. No it isn't. It's what British Jews have been talking about for the past two years. He was telling British Jews they are lying.

As eireblue says, and more importantly the McPherson report states, that a racist incident is one perceived to be racist by the victim. That is enshrined in law under the equality act.

Now I'm still gobsmacked that footers is excusing Jew hatred against British subjects because of the actions of Israel. Utterly disappearing at how Jews are on the receiving end of this sort of crap.

Enjoy your weekend.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 18:36]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:36 - Nov 2 with 3086 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:26 - Nov 2 by lowhouseblue

pakistani and zionist are (when used about people who are respectively from pakistan or who believe in a jewish homeland in the land of israel) correct usage. paki and zio are racist terms of abuse. it's not complicated.

i think the nation state law is a negative thing, but i think describing israel as an apartheid state is polemical nonsense.

There are plenty of Jews who aren't prepared to brush this new law under the carpet as "polemical nonsense".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/23/israel-racist-new-law-asha

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-protest-palestine-na

#toxic

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:39 - Nov 2 with 3102 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:36 - Nov 2 by caught-in-limbo

There are plenty of Jews who aren't prepared to brush this new law under the carpet as "polemical nonsense".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/23/israel-racist-new-law-asha

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-protest-palestine-na

How about starting a thread on apartheid Israel or the Nation state law instead of hijacking a thread about antisemitism against British Jews?

This is an age old trick to take the sympathy away from the Jew and portray him or her as the aggressor.

Unless you believe that British Jews are more loyal to Israel than the UK or that you believe there is a Jewish led media conspiracy with Israel pulling the strings to smear the Labour party then this subject is unrelated to the OP.

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:44 - Nov 2 with 3092 viewsfooters

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:33 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

The meme (or whatever you would call it) was created by Labour members who are trying to fight antisemitism from the inside (Labour Against Antisemitism). The context you are looking for is that it was produced in response to people dismissing Labour's antisemitism issue as being smears after the three main Jewish Newspapers, The Board of Deputies, The Jewish Labour Movement and 70 leading Rabbis stood as one to complain about it.

They were saying that a community isn't being listened to and those dismissing their fears are playing the old "lying Jews" trope.

It was in response to Dolly who was saying that this latest episode (death threats against Jewish MP'S, antisemitic abuse, holocaust denial etc) was a smear concocted by the government. No it isn't. It's what British Jews have been talking about for the past two years. He was telling British Jews they are lying.

As eireblue says, and more importantly the McPherson report states, that a racist incident is one perceived to be racist by the victim. That is enshrined in law under the equality act.

Now I'm still gobsmacked that footers is excusing Jew hatred against British subjects because of the actions of Israel. Utterly disappearing at how Jews are on the receiving end of this sort of crap.

Enjoy your weekend.

I have done no such thing. Please take your false accusations and faux indignation elsewhere.

You've now effectively called me an antisemite for wanting to broaden the discussion to Palestine. That's bang out of order and you should retract it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 18:46]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:46 - Nov 2 with 3087 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 17:49 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

You and lowers are getting silly now in your attempts to rubbish legitimate points of view and conflate with actual antisemitism.

Here, you're literally creating your own offence, taking it and then getting on your high horse about it.

Pronouns: He/Him

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:56 - Nov 2 with 3061 viewsGlasgowBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:44 - Nov 2 by footers

I have done no such thing. Please take your false accusations and faux indignation elsewhere.

You've now effectively called me an antisemite for wanting to broaden the discussion to Palestine. That's bang out of order and you should retract it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 18:46]

I've given you a free pass a couple of times before when you have made statements that stray into dark territory. As I said in my reply to you "Your post sums up exactly why the left have a problem with antisemitism. If a man of Asian descent was highlighting Islamophobia in this country would you turn around to them and say "yeah but what are you views on IS and 9/11"

Perhaps you'd like to address that before I actually do get my arse out of the door tonight?

Next up in your own words: "Perhaps all this 'antisemitism' (or anti-Zionism) stems from this fact, Israel's hegemony and illegal actions in the ME? Wouldn't the best course of action to stop it be to lobby the British government to recognise Palestine and therefore start the process of a two-state solution?"

So British Jews are on the end of racial abuse and death threats because of the actions of Israel and they should lobby the British government to recognise Palestine and then perhaps the abuse may stop.

Just imagine a right wing poster, we'll leave him nameless, said that British Muslims should speak out more to stop terrorist attacks and that would lessen the amount of racial abuse they get, this place would go into meltdown.

So please, how about you spare me your faux indignation.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 19:07]

Iron Lion Zion

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:06 - Nov 2 with 3033 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:39 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

How about starting a thread on apartheid Israel or the Nation state law instead of hijacking a thread about antisemitism against British Jews?

This is an age old trick to take the sympathy away from the Jew and portray him or her as the aggressor.

Unless you believe that British Jews are more loyal to Israel than the UK or that you believe there is a Jewish led media conspiracy with Israel pulling the strings to smear the Labour party then this subject is unrelated to the OP.

It's not unrelated to the OP though is it?

If antisemitism and a genuine threat towards British Jews is being conflated with political opposition to Israel (that's frequently turned into an "atmosphere where antisemitism is tolerated" or however it's being spun) then it's important to get to the bottom of that conflation.

Do you want British Jews to feel more threatened than they should be because people seem to be driving a pro-Israel campaign via the Israeli embassy and various political lobbyist groups or they're making party political capital out of it? Maybe people see these things as tactics in a war, but I think a lot of it is utterly reprehensible and dishonest.

The question is: who benefits and who suffers? I don't think any of this helps the Jew or even the Israeli in the street at all. Nor the Muslim or Palestinian. Quite the opposite. But I do see power being kept and I do see political and national agendas being served though.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:06 - Nov 2 with 3032 viewsfooters

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:56 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

I've given you a free pass a couple of times before when you have made statements that stray into dark territory. As I said in my reply to you "Your post sums up exactly why the left have a problem with antisemitism. If a man of Asian descent was highlighting Islamophobia in this country would you turn around to them and say "yeah but what are you views on IS and 9/11"

Perhaps you'd like to address that before I actually do get my arse out of the door tonight?

Next up in your own words: "Perhaps all this 'antisemitism' (or anti-Zionism) stems from this fact, Israel's hegemony and illegal actions in the ME? Wouldn't the best course of action to stop it be to lobby the British government to recognise Palestine and therefore start the process of a two-state solution?"

So British Jews are on the end of racial abuse and death threats because of the actions of Israel and they should lobby the British government to recognise Palestine and then perhaps the abuse may stop.

Just imagine a right wing poster, we'll leave him nameless, said that British Muslims should speak out more to stop terrorist attacks and that would lessen the amount of racial abuse they get, this place would go into meltdown.

"Perhaps all this 'antisemitism' (or anti-Zionism) stems from this fact, Israel's hegemony and illegal actions in the ME?"

This relates to the point we constantly go back to, the conflation of antisemitism and anti-Zionism/Israeli state. In my view, most of the evidence provided seems to be legitimate criticism of the Israeli state, it being classed as 'antisemitic' as it defines Israel as a racist and apartheid state. I believe it to be also, not discounting the token Palestinians you're so fond of. They do not have the same rights.

Do I think there are actual antisemites in the Labour party? Yes. And they should be removed immediately, there is no place for it anywhere, but especially in a Socialist party.
There are also a great number of non-Twitter antisemites out there, and if I were looking for them, I would be looking at far-right and Islamist extremist groups, not the Labour twitterati debating the Israeli state and Palestine.

You've still implied I'm antisemitic.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:10 - Nov 2 with 3021 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:56 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

?

You've done this so many times that I shouldn't be surprised. But I can't believe you can get to this sort of post so quickly and easily. It's almost like you want to get here at all costs.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:18 - Nov 2 with 3008 viewsBrixtonBlue

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:33 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

Enjoy your weekend.

"It was in response to Dolly who was saying that this latest episode (death threats against Jewish MP'S, antisemitic abuse, holocaust denial etc) was a smear concocted by the government."

I have said no such thing. Please stop lying about me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:29 - Nov 2 with 2975 viewsSeablu

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:10 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

?

You've done this so many times that I shouldn't be surprised. But I can't believe you can get to this sort of post so quickly and easily. It's almost like you want to get here at all costs.

It's all pre-prepared propaganda he just snips and pastes as required.
He truly is a loathsome, self-important & skewed individual.
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:41 - Nov 2 with 2958 viewsBluesquid

"I am a Zionist and I believe that Israel should return to it's pre 1967 borders. I believe that the settlements are illegal. I also believe that the blockade of Gaza should end. "

The illegal settlement building has been going on for over 50 years now and it will continue. You state that you think the settlements are illegal so how do you propose that the world deals with a nation that has been ignoring international law for over 50 years?

Currently there is heavy official international sanctions in place against numerous countries in the world.

Long overdue that Israel are added to that list.
Do you agree?
A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:48 - Nov 2 with 2934 viewscaught-in-limbo

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 18:39 - Nov 2 by GlasgowBlue

"This is an age old trick to take the sympathy away from the Jew and portray him or her as the aggressor."

You've now effectively called me an antisemite for linking the words of a former Israeli minister who admits that labelling people antisemites and holocaust deniers is a trick to silence those critical of the State of Israel.

That's bang out of order and you should retract it.

#toxic

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:55 - Nov 2 with 2940 viewsSwansea_Blue

You only need (3) on that list. 1 and 2 stem from that imo

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:07 - Nov 2 with 2925 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 19:06 - Nov 2 by footers

"Perhaps all this 'antisemitism' (or anti-Zionism) stems from this fact, Israel's hegemony and illegal actions in the ME?"

This relates to the point we constantly go back to, the conflation of antisemitism and anti-Zionism/Israeli state. In my view, most of the evidence provided seems to be legitimate criticism of the Israeli state, it being classed as 'antisemitic' as it defines Israel as a racist and apartheid state. I believe it to be also, not discounting the token Palestinians you're so fond of. They do not have the same rights.

Do I think there are actual antisemites in the Labour party? Yes. And they should be removed immediately, there is no place for it anywhere, but especially in a Socialist party.
There are also a great number of non-Twitter antisemites out there, and if I were looking for them, I would be looking at far-right and Islamist extremist groups, not the Labour twitterati debating the Israeli state and Palestine.

You've still implied I'm antisemitic.

<<Spoiler alert: there are definitely antisemites among the 500,000 Labour members>>

I'd like to see this dossier of antisemitism.

Seeing how the Campaign Against Antisemitism came about in the wake of the Gaza war in 2014 and international anti-Israeli criticism and how they argue that for instance "anti-Zionism is antisemitism" then it could be very interesting to see how many of these cases actually relate to British Jews and antisemitism rather than the CAA's own beliefs and agenda. It seems like Campaign For Antisemitism a lot of the time, just sayin'

There are 45 cases and the ex-senior police officer reckons there are 17 cases of hate crime. Which is 17 too many but doesn't surprise me considering the average YouTube comment on anything Jewish-related. Let's make no bones about it, there are some horrible, horrible people out there (and in the Labour Party) who demonize Jewish people and come out with the most offensive and threatening stuff as well. And the synagogue shooting shows how serious that is even if only a few people act on this hate.

But either the remaining 28 allegations are a sign that our laws aren't strong and clear enough in terms of what constitutes hate crime or they're starting to get into a grey zone of free speech. I have zero doubt (or faith in the CAA) that this dossier won't be 45 cases that include criticisms of Israel where the antisemitism needs to be stretched by association with the others in the dossier or they need to refer to other tweets or posts. The fact that at least 17 of these 45 cases should have been brought to the police's attention as hate crime but haven't makes me even more skeptical about what's really going on.

Call me a cynic but this is a key tactic that has served Israel and its most fanatical defenders so well over the years.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 21:26]

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:27 - Nov 2 with 2906 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:07 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

<<Spoiler alert: there are definitely antisemites among the 500,000 Labour members>>

I'd like to see this dossier of antisemitism.

Seeing how the Campaign Against Antisemitism came about in the wake of the Gaza war in 2014 and international anti-Israeli criticism and how they argue that for instance "anti-Zionism is antisemitism" then it could be very interesting to see how many of these cases actually relate to British Jews and antisemitism rather than the CAA's own beliefs and agenda. It seems like Campaign For Antisemitism a lot of the time, just sayin'

There are 45 cases and the ex-senior police officer reckons there are 17 cases of hate crime. Which is 17 too many but doesn't surprise me considering the average YouTube comment on anything Jewish-related. Let's make no bones about it, there are some horrible, horrible people out there (and in the Labour Party) who demonize Jewish people and come out with the most offensive and threatening stuff as well. And the synagogue shooting shows how serious that is even if only a few people act on this hate.

But either the remaining 28 allegations are a sign that our laws aren't strong and clear enough in terms of what constitutes hate crime or they're starting to get into a grey zone of free speech. I have zero doubt (or faith in the CAA) that this dossier won't be 45 cases that include criticisms of Israel where the antisemitism needs to be stretched by association with the others in the dossier or they need to refer to other tweets or posts. The fact that at least 17 of these 45 cases should have been brought to the police's attention as hate crime but haven't makes me even more skeptical about what's really going on.

Call me a cynic but this is a key tactic that has served Israel and its most fanatical defenders so well over the years.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 21:26]

You do like your downvotes, Lowers.

But the less you (and Benters!) engage the more your ignorance is showing.

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 2874 viewsJ2BLUE

Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for the reply, it's much better with a bit of context as the meme on its own is bloody stupid.

I hope we can agree though that however differently people interpret these things, Dolly and Footers are not anti-Semitic. You can't ignore their entire posting history to make a judgement on a couple of sentences. Don't take this the wrong way but you've posted many 'total proof' posts which have left many of us unconvinced.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 21:11 - Nov 2 with 2848 viewsDarth_Koont

A criminal investigation has begun into antisemitism in the Labour party on 20:52 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Thanks for the reply, it's much better with a bit of context as the meme on its own is bloody stupid.

I hope we can agree though that however differently people interpret these things, Dolly and Footers are not anti-Semitic. You can't ignore their entire posting history to make a judgement on a couple of sentences. Don't take this the wrong way but you've posted many 'total proof' posts which have left many of us unconvinced.

Good post. Apart from the part where I'm still an antisemite

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024