Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the whistle player comments 17:07 - Dec 1 with 2970 viewsitfcjoe

Bart - Didn't have much to do, but that mistake for the first goal an absolute killer against a top side. Inexcusable and a huge worry - 4

Spence - Improved performance, but still not the best - 6

Knudsen - Pretty sloppy defensively, didn't get close enough to his men and no impact in an attacking sense - 5

Chambers - Did well enough, defended well and pushed us on a bit - 6

Pennington - Some good defending but his distribution was awful today - 5

Skuse - A bit overrun in the midfield - 5

Lankester - Put himself about well and looked to be someone who could make something happen, very unlucky with shot - 6

Bishop - Some moments of real class on the ball, but struggled up against the 2 Forest sitters. I'd keep him in for what he offers us though - 6

Sears - Worked his socks off and some good defensive contributions, nothing up front though sadly - 6

Ward - Didn't get into the game - 5

Jackson - Some really good things, but his touch is very poor and he had 2 golden opportunities, one of which he had to score from and din't test the keeper - 5

Subs

Roberts - Bigger presence than Jackson and helped pull us up the field and win a couple of corners

Nolan and Chalobah - Both were absolutely hopeless when they came on, gave the ball away seemingly every time they had it and made us worse

A tough game to analyse because after the early goal Forest looked pretty comfortable, and felt they could always step it up a gear if required. But a terrible mistake, and then 2 poor finishes from Jackson and by the time Grabban scores his 2nd it is game over

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On the whistle player comments on 17:12 - Dec 1 with 2867 viewshoppy

Any idea where we go from here, Joe? Anyone in the under 23’s likely to do any better if brought in?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

On the whistle player comments on 17:13 - Dec 1 with 2845 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree, a huge worry that Bart has killed us in the last two matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

On the whistle player comments on 17:15 - Dec 1 with 2807 viewsReuser_is_God

On the whistle player comments on 17:12 - Dec 1 by hoppy

Any idea where we go from here, Joe? Anyone in the under 23’s likely to do any better if brought in?

League one.

Even the sh1t teams in this league are better than us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

On the whistle player comments on 17:16 - Dec 1 with 2795 viewsDarth_Koont

Actually, I think it was 6s all round but perhaps a 7 for Bishop and Skuse. And a 5 for Bart considering how decisive that spill was for the game.

The performance was good but we lacked the quality or the composure to punish Forest even though we pressured them fairly consistently throughout the game.

But I agree, Chalobah and Nolan looked lost when they came on.

Pronouns: He/Him

On the whistle player comments on 17:23 - Dec 1 with 2718 viewsCurrie10

Spence in better performance without having Ewards ' Kevin Bru defensive positional sense / awareness infront of him shock.
On the whistle player comments on 17:30 - Dec 1 with 2667 viewsbrogansnose

On the whistle player comments on 17:16 - Dec 1 by Darth_Koont

Actually, I think it was 6s all round but perhaps a 7 for Bishop and Skuse. And a 5 for Bart considering how decisive that spill was for the game.

The performance was good but we lacked the quality or the composure to punish Forest even though we pressured them fairly consistently throughout the game.

But I agree, Chalobah and Nolan looked lost when they came on.

Thing is Darth, if you take the likes of Burton and Barnsley last season, they were ok sides, certainly not calamatous, but they lacked quality and couldn't score. That's pretty much us this season at least under Lambert. We have the odour of relegation about us.

I didn't see the game , but didn't Forest hit the woodwork three times as well ?
On the whistle player comments on 17:41 - Dec 1 with 2562 viewsDarth_Koont

On the whistle player comments on 17:30 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

Thing is Darth, if you take the likes of Burton and Barnsley last season, they were ok sides, certainly not calamatous, but they lacked quality and couldn't score. That's pretty much us this season at least under Lambert. We have the odour of relegation about us.

I didn't see the game , but didn't Forest hit the woodwork three times as well ?

Yeah, we're definitely where we deserve to be. So we need a big lift from a player or three in January.

Over the whole game, we had as good chances as Forest so we're not a bad team. But clearly we're not good enough to win and get the points we now need.

Pronouns: He/Him

On the whistle player comments on 18:01 - Dec 1 with 2469 viewsJDB23

On the whistle player comments on 17:30 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

Yeah, it's not often you get teams relegated from this division who get battered week in week out, all of them will have some good games/performances, but they are still poor teams who deserve to go down.

This is why I just can't agree with anyone who clings to the odd 30 minute spells we have here and there where we look ok as some sort of sign that we can get out of this. We just simply aren't good enough in any area of the pitch to compete at this level on a consistent basis and it's now at a point where our level needs to be of a team chasing promotion to have a chance of survival. Some will point to January, who on earth of any quality is going to come to a team looking destined for relegation?
Login to get fewer ads

On the whistle player comments on 18:32 - Dec 1 with 2349 viewsbrogansnose

On the whistle player comments on 17:41 - Dec 1 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, we're definitely where we deserve to be. So we need a big lift from a player or three in January.

Over the whole game, we had as good chances as Forest so we're not a bad team. But clearly we're not good enough to win and get the points we now need.

Pretty obvious but we really don't want that gap to get too big before January, if Evans does shell out. That gap though, gets incrementally bigger each week. It could well be too late by then.
On the whistle player comments on 18:45 - Dec 1 with 2293 viewsSuperfrans

On the whistle player comments on 18:32 - Dec 1 by brogansnose

Pretty obvious but we really don't want that gap to get too big before January, if Evans does shell out. That gap though, gets incrementally bigger each week. It could well be too late by then.

We’ve got to get this monkey off our back about the lack of wins. Wigan at home has to be a win. Even then, it might not be enough to get us the points we need, but we need to start somewhere.

Atbthe current rate, we’ll be 9/10 points from safety by Jan 1, which will be too big a gap.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

On the whistle player comments on 18:48 - Dec 1 with 2277 viewspointofblue

On the whistle player comments on 18:45 - Dec 1 by Superfrans

We’ve got to get this monkey off our back about the lack of wins. Wigan at home has to be a win. Even then, it might not be enough to get us the points we need, but we need to start somewhere.

Atbthe current rate, we’ll be 9/10 points from safety by Jan 1, which will be too big a gap.

We could be nine points adrift by this time tomorrow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

On the whistle player comments on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 2164 viewsBluesquid

On the whistle player comments on 18:01 - Dec 1 by JDB23

Yeah, it's not often you get teams relegated from this division who get battered week in week out, all of them will have some good games/performances, but they are still poor teams who deserve to go down.

This is why I just can't agree with anyone who clings to the odd 30 minute spells we have here and there where we look ok as some sort of sign that we can get out of this. We just simply aren't good enough in any area of the pitch to compete at this level on a consistent basis and it's now at a point where our level needs to be of a team chasing promotion to have a chance of survival. Some will point to January, who on earth of any quality is going to come to a team looking destined for relegation?

Not only are we getting battered week in week out, we are also floundering at the very bottom of the table.

If Lamberts got a plan then he better get his skates on pronto, so we can start moving up a few plaices.

Gherkin for Bart would be a starter i reckon.
On the whistle player comments on 20:29 - Dec 1 with 2026 viewscbower

You forget Bar's headless chicken charge out of his box only to be yards short of Grab an in the 2nd half when he hit the Bar! The spill for the goal was, as you say, inexcusable. Spence got better 2nd half but his passing first half was dire. Knudsen remains limited, Pennington is committed but looks awkward and always at full stretch. I love Chambers but he made a few ricks today. You can see how much this is hurting him. Spouse did ok, great to see Bishop receiving the ball on the half-turn at times and looking to drive forward. Ward just lacks commitment for me. We have all seen him take his man on and get crosses in but he seems so reluctant. Tough gig for Lankester but I like his willingness to shoot. Sears working incredibly hard but Jackson continues to appear out of his depth right now. Should have hit the target with the header and prior to that looked a complete donkey with a good chance that he skewed wide. You are so right about Chalobah. Wasteful and ineffective again. You are even more right about Nolan. Appalling distribution for which we paid £1million+! Can't fault Roberts energy but he is not good enough by a long way. The damage done to our club in a six month period has been terrifying although I know the longer term malaise goes far deeper than that. PL keeps saying we need help in Jan but who will want to come? Fans stuck with it today. Good to see.

bluescouser

On the whistle player comments on 22:33 - Dec 1 with 1873 viewsNo9

I see the Forrest GK spilled the ball just as Bart did, the difference being no Town player was following up.
On the whistle player comments on 22:56 - Dec 1 with 1825 viewshoppy

On the whistle player comments on 22:33 - Dec 1 by No9

I see the Forrest GK spilled the ball just as Bart did, the difference being no Town player was following up.

That’s going a way back if you’re talking about when Forrest was our GK...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024