Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Lankester 21:06 - Dec 9 with 6168 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like some player, looking forward to seeing more of him in the first team
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 21:06]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 21:10 - Dec 9 with 6117 views_

Jack Lankester on 21:17 - Dec 9 with 6090 viewsSmithy

Hes refreshing, so direct and forward thinking, always looking to make something happen, pleased Mick didn't get his hands on him

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

on 21:18 - Dec 9 with 6068 views_

Jack Lankester on 21:17 - Dec 9 by Smithy

Hes refreshing, so direct and forward thinking, always looking to make something happen, pleased Mick didn't get his hands on him

Jack Lankester on 21:19 - Dec 9 with 6064 viewsgainsboroughblue

First senior goal can't be too far away either.

I just hope we can keep hold of him, relegation or not.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Jack Lankester on 21:20 - Dec 9 with 6046 viewswkj

Jack Lankester on 21:19 - Dec 9 by gainsboroughblue

Off to Frank Lampard's Derby in the summer

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Lankester on 21:24 - Dec 9 with 6007 viewscatch74

You wonder, if behind Lambert’s positivity, there’s also the acceptance that relegation is more likely than not. The fact he appears a little more committed to his future here might be based on the exciting group of youngsters he’s got to build his team around next season.
If the worst comes to the worst you’d hope Evans/ Lambert would cling on Lankester, Downes, Dozzell, Morris etc & build a team around them. Winning becomes a habit, storm div 1 and those guys would be 2 years older for the next Championship season.

Preferably a miracle this year.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Jack Lankester on 21:28 - Dec 9 with 5980 viewsgainsboroughblue

Jack Lankester on 21:24 - Dec 9 by catch74

You wonder, if behind Lambert’s positivity, there’s also the acceptance that relegation is more likely than not. The fact he appears a little more committed to his future here might be based on the exciting group of youngsters he’s got to build his team around next season.
If the worst comes to the worst you’d hope Evans/ Lambert would cling on Lankester, Downes, Dozzell, Morris etc & build a team around them. Winning becomes a habit, storm div 1 and those guys would be 2 years older for the next Championship season.

Preferably a miracle this year.

I'd almost accept relegation if I knew if all/most of our talented youngsters and Lambert remained. It would be a clean slate and a re-boot the club and fans need.

*Note, I said almost.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Jack Lankester on 21:31 - Dec 9 with 5954 viewscatch74

Jack Lankester on 21:28 - Dec 9 by gainsboroughblue

I'd almost accept relegation if I knew if all/most of our talented youngsters and Lambert remained. It would be a clean slate and a re-boot the club and fans need.

*Note, I said almost.

Ditto (almost too)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Lankester on 21:34 - Dec 9 with 5932 viewsmonty_radio

Jack Lankester on 21:20 - Dec 9 by wkj

Off to Frank Lampard's Derby in the summer

I take it you mean Chelsea v West Ham?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jack Lankester on 21:39 - Dec 9 with 5899 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jack Lankester on 21:17 - Dec 9 by Smithy

Yeah he really did destroy Ryan Fraser's career didn't he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jack Lankester on 21:45 - Dec 9 with 5857 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, we need more threat clearly but he was our most dangerous player yesterday. In fact, he probably looked the most dangerous player on the pitch full stop.

Thought he deserved better with his crosses yesterday too but we seem to lack a Tommy Smith or similar who can get on the end of crosses.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jack Lankester on 21:51 - Dec 9 with 5827 viewsMelford

Joe, have you seen much of Dylan Crowe playing for the Yoofs? I saw him last year down at Melford playing in a Suffolk Senior Cup tie for Town and he looked a cut above that night.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Jack Lankester on 21:56 - Dec 9 with 5792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Met Lankester at the Suffolk Show and Alan Lee seemed very confident in his potential. Was positively oozing about him.

I would also love to see Dozzell come more into the reckoning as he has looked good when he has played. Same could be said of Woolfendon if he were to return in January.

If these three could get Championship experience now it will bode well for the future too whether we go down or manage to stay up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jack Lankester on 22:09 - Dec 9 with 5732 viewsBluefish

Joe wanted to ask you about this having seen him a couple of times. Can Jack play as a 10? Seems a natural fit to me. Loves the ball bit not overly quick so get him central

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jack Lankester on 00:23 - Dec 10 with 5485 viewsBlueBadger

Jack Lankester on 21:39 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah he really did destroy Ryan Fraser's career didn't he?

He also personally arranged Tyronne Mings' injury.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jack Lankester on 03:22 - Dec 10 with 5396 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jack Lankester on 22:09 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

Joe wanted to ask you about this having seen him a couple of times. Can Jack play as a 10? Seems a natural fit to me. Loves the ball bit not overly quick so get him central

From the games I’ve seen him play at U23’s and first team, certainly think he could play the 10 role in a 4-2-3-1. But I think his best football so far has come from the Right Forward position. Also think Lambert plays with a 6 and 2 Number 8’s centrally and then a Left and Right forward. So in Lamberts team think that’s his best position.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jack Lankester on 08:06 - Dec 10 with 5190 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Lankester on 21:51 - Dec 9 by Melford

Joe, have you seen much of Dylan Crowe playing for the Yoofs? I saw him last year down at Melford playing in a Suffolk Senior Cup tie for Town and he looked a cut above that night.

I have, but for all his England honours and links with bigger clubs I can't say that I've seen what they must do in him - he is clearly a good player, but think his speed to cover the ground is what may push him into that upper echelon at that level.

I don't think he will stay here long term though, fact he is in the England squads and is yet to sign a pro deal is telling

Jack Lankester on 08:08 - Dec 10 with 5181 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Lankester on 22:09 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

That was where I had always seen him play when coming through, it wasn't until last year in the U18s that he was pushed on to a number 9 role where he did well.

In the 4231 role the U18s and U23s have been playing this season, he is able to play in any of the 4 forward roles and think that versatility has helped him - long term he'll probably end up more central but we aren't playing that way at the moment and think current role suits him as allows him space to play into

Jack Lankester on 08:43 - Dec 10 with 5072 viewschicoazul

This is the season now. Enjoy the likes of Lankester Downes and Andre before we go down and they are sold.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Lankester on 08:45 - Dec 10 with 5064 viewschicoazul

Jack Lankester on 21:28 - Dec 9 by gainsboroughblue

*Note, I said almost.

No way in a million years will any of our talented youth stick around to get booted up and down the park in front of 8000 people in L1. Sorry.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Jack Lankester on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 4982 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Lankester on 08:45 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

No way in a million years will any of our talented youth stick around to get booted up and down the park in front of 8000 people in L1. Sorry.

We won't sell them all, there will be no point as wouldn't get value - but some would go of course.

It would be a shocker, but no way would we lose all of Dozzell, Lankester, Nydam, Downes, Morris etc

Jack Lankester on 09:32 - Dec 10 with 4968 viewschicoazul

Jack Lankester on 09:30 - Dec 10 by itfcjoe

We won't sell them all, there will be no point as wouldn't get value - but some would go of course.

It would be a shocker, but no way would we lose all of Dozzell, Lankester, Nydam, Downes, Morris etc

Hope you're right brother. I too would love to see those guys leading us back into the Champ in 18 months time.

Jack Lankester on 09:59 - Dec 10 with 4914 viewsfactual_blue

Jack Lankester on 21:19 - Dec 9 by gainsboroughblue

Liverpool were interested and were having him watched a couple of years ago.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jack Lankester on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 4914 viewsReuser_is_God

Player

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jack Lankester on 10:04 - Dec 10 with 4888 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Lankester on 09:59 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

Liverpool were interested and were having him watched a couple of years ago.

The big clubs watch everyone, it really doesn't mean a lot - and if they were watching a couple of years ago they wouldn't have been impressed as he really struggled as an U16/U17

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024