Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonas will never play for us again 16:08 - Dec 31 with 12859 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:26 - Jan 1 with 4161 viewsMullet

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:36 - Jan 1 by artsbossbeard

The criticism seems to come from him not being as good as Cresswell or Mings.

Mings himself wasn't devoid of scapegoating on here in his time with us (languid & lazy apparently). See also, Gareth Mac & Delaney who have all done well/doing well for themselves at a higher level.

That and he mugged a load of them off with his statement about Mick, still seems to make quite a few of these say it as it is types upset. Which is ironic.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:44 - Jan 1 with 4127 viewsbluejake78

Shame about Jonas.
I had high hopes when he 1st played with his long throw.
This was never developed.
Jonas will never play for us again on 13:56 - Jan 1 with 4104 viewsradiogaga

Jonas will never play for us again on 17:20 - Dec 31 by springfield

Another one hounded out by toxic fans

Hilarious that this comment has plus votes. All this 'Toxic fans' nonsense has no foundation whatsoever. West Ham fans invading the pitch and heading to the directors box to get to Brady/ Sullivan/ Gold is toxic, Leeds fans at Elland Road in 2007 is toxic. A few people groaning/ chanting at a football match is not toxic.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 4086 viewsStirlingArcher

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:56 - Jan 1 by radiogaga

Hilarious that this comment has plus votes. All this 'Toxic fans' nonsense has no foundation whatsoever. West Ham fans invading the pitch and heading to the directors box to get to Brady/ Sullivan/ Gold is toxic, Leeds fans at Elland Road in 2007 is toxic. A few people groaning/ chanting at a football match is not toxic.

If you don't believe we have a toxic section, you're probably in it.

These fans turned on Mick WAY before he genuinely retaliated, and that was a long time down tbe line
on 14:06 - Jan 1 with 4080 views_

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:07 - Jan 1 with 4077 viewsradiogaga

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:05 - Jan 1 by StirlingArcher

If you don't believe we have a toxic section, you're probably in it.

These fans turned on Mick WAY before he genuinely retaliated, and that was a long time down tbe line

I'm not a toxic supporter just because I have a different opinion to you. Interesting logic though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 14:11]

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:13 - Jan 1 with 4065 viewsRadlett_blue

So has he been named as a sub today purely to help keep the bench warm?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 4049 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:23 - Jan 1 by BackToRussia

Let's be real, he's a sub for Denmark, who are a bit sh1t.

Bit silly this. They made last 16 of World Cup very mich on merit and were beaten on pens by finalists....they are ranked 10 in the world. He started that last 16 game and played very well. Put him in a better team and he will be a very solid full back. Dont be suprised to see him go up with someone and be playing in the prem next year. He is not brilliant but he's decent. There is a reason he has been scouted by the better champ teams. They have watched him and i'm sure looked at the data as well and he's a good player at this level.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:23 - Jan 1 with 4038 viewsKeaneish

Oh the irony of that comment...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:28 - Jan 1 with 4031 viewsStirlingArcher

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:07 - Jan 1 by radiogaga

I'm not a toxic supporter just because I have a different opinion to you. Interesting logic though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 14:11]

We have a toxic section, that's not even in question

Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you are a toxic fan.

But your previous comment insinuated you didn't believe we had a toxic section.

THAT logic implies you are in the toxic section to not see we have one
Jonas will never play for us again on 14:42 - Jan 1 with 4019 viewsagentp

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:56 - Jan 1 by radiogaga

Waghorn was particularly annoyed with the treatment of MM - fact.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Jonas will never play for us again on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 3954 viewsradiogaga

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:42 - Jan 1 by agentp

Waghorn was particularly annoyed with the treatment of MM - fact.

An opinion is not a fact.

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:24 - Jan 2 with 3895 viewsagentp

Jonas will never play for us again on 18:39 - Jan 1 by radiogaga

An opinion is not a fact.

Agree, but no opinion here - just fact. I am sure this will become obvious at some point. Feel free to sticky it.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 11:27]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:27 - Jan 2 with 3886 viewsartsbossbeard

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:24 - Jan 2 by agentp

Agree, but no opinion here - just fact. I am sure this will become obvious at some point. Feel free to sticky it.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 11:27]

Heard exactly the same.

The feelers from his agent only went out to the other clubs after PH started though. My understanding is that he couldn't see things working out for him personally with PH in charge.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 3864 viewsagentp

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:27 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

Heard exactly the same.

The feelers from his agent only went out to the other clubs after PH started though. My understanding is that he couldn't see things working out for him personally with PH in charge.

Yeah sure,

I think I am right in saying that he [in particular] took the abuse of MM [The touch your kids stuff] quite personally.

Then when the Pantymime dame and his Dwarf worsty came in, that was that.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 11:36]

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:46 - Jan 2 with 3846 viewsHarryWright

Doesn't he have one of the worst pass completion rates in the league? He gets the ball and smashes it down the line constantly, I don't get what people see in him - It seems like one of those that because Mccarthy said he was good then he must be good.
Jonas will never play for us again on 11:46 - Jan 2 with 3845 viewsm14_blue

Jonas will never play for us again on 14:21 - Jan 1 by Terry_Nutkins

Bit silly this. They made last 16 of World Cup very mich on merit and were beaten on pens by finalists....they are ranked 10 in the world. He started that last 16 game and played very well. Put him in a better team and he will be a very solid full back. Dont be suprised to see him go up with someone and be playing in the prem next year. He is not brilliant but he's decent. There is a reason he has been scouted by the better champ teams. They have watched him and i'm sure looked at the data as well and he's a good player at this level.

And they won their Nations League group, which included Wales.

I'm not sure how good an international team need to be before playing for them counts as a 'proper international'?
Jonas will never play for us again on 12:04 - Jan 2 with 3828 viewsCoastalblue

Who would blame him for leaving? He gets nothing but stick here, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on to better and brighter things whilst whoever his replacement is will be getting pelters here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:16 - Jan 2 with 3810 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jonas will never play for us again on 11:46 - Jan 2 by HarryWright

Doesn't he have one of the worst pass completion rates in the league? He gets the ball and smashes it down the line constantly, I don't get what people see in him - It seems like one of those that because Mccarthy said he was good then he must be good.

He got 7 assists last season, second most for us and one of the highest totals for left backs in the league. They didn’t come from just smashing it down the line

It seems that because McCarthy bought and played him people have decided he can’t be any good...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:22 - Jan 2 with 3793 viewsNo9

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:04 - Jan 2 by Coastalblue

Who would blame him for leaving? He gets nothing but stick here, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on to better and brighter things whilst whoever his replacement is will be getting pelters here.

I agree, I always thought for the fee Town paid and what he did + his obvious love for ITFC je was a pretty good fit, until this season
Like Bart, something happened to screw things up
Jonas will never play for us again on 12:29 - Jan 2 with 3780 viewsMullet

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:16 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He got 7 assists last season, second most for us and one of the highest totals for left backs in the league. They didn’t come from just smashing it down the line

It seems that because McCarthy bought and played him people have decided he can’t be any good...

Ah but you and the other lads are using facts here. Careful now.

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:34 - Jan 2 with 3766 viewsHerbivore

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:16 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ah yes but the whole of last season (and the second part of the season before) was just a blip and so shouldn't be counted. He should only be judged on those games where he's not played well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:48 - Jan 2 with 3728 viewsBenters2

Toxic fans at Ipswich Town? Joke innit 🙄
Jonas will never play for us again on 12:58 - Jan 2 with 3702 viewssotd78

Knudsen divides the fan base like Brexit devides the nation.
But we missed him on Tuesday. Kenlock is not good enough - and yet here we have a perfectly good full back wanting a new contract....
...mind you in Div 1 Kenlock will be good enough.
So really it no longer matters - does it?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Jonas will never play for us again on 13:03 - Jan 2 with 3689 viewsMullet

Jonas will never play for us again on 12:58 - Jan 2 by sotd78

Knudsen divides the fan base like Brexit devides the nation.
But we missed him on Tuesday. Kenlock is not good enough - and yet here we have a perfectly good full back wanting a new contract....
...mind you in Div 1 Kenlock will be good enough.
So really it no longer matters - does it?

I think Kenlock is an excellent wingback for his age and experience. But that puts him halfway between being a decent left midfielder and left back. His tendency to get caught over the top or too far up the pitch is a massive flaw.

Going forward his attacking instinct is decent on the overlap, but I wonder if he has say the trickery or delivery to do what someone like Lankester does?

Emmanuel is the baffling one for me. Does everything you could ask him to do in League 1, wins YPOTY and promotion, Hurst doesn't fancy him. Fair enough you think, but with another season down there how good would he be if retained and 1st choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024