Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup 20:57 - Jan 5 with 10400 viewsOxford_Blue

But the difference is that this is not Lambert’s team, whereas Hurst has asembled and chosen the side he lambasted.

It’s true: many of the players are not good enough and lack desire or hunger.

Evans has tried to own a football club on the cheap. I don’t accept he is better off as a result through tax schemes etc. It’s simply that he saw a business chance in 2007 and despite some early investment it didn’t pay off and sometime around 2011/12 he decided to rein in the spending, recover outlays through player sales and hope the club would be a mid table side that might challenge now and then for the play offs - which it did under MM.

Evans now wants out, clearly, and despite the denials from club that it’s for sale he has said he will sell for the right price to the right buyer. So, clearly, it’s up for sale.

Problem is that if there was a knight in shining armour wanting to save the club, they would have surely come forward by now.

So we are stuck with Evans and he is stuck with us.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:04 - Jan 5 with 6656 viewsBluesquid

"whereas Hurst has asembled and chosen the side he lambasted."

They were all Hurst's signings then were they?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 with 6635 viewssuffolkpoker

There are buyer out there but ME needs to make it look better

We need new buyer to own training ground (ME bought it off town)
We need our debt cleared - ME has added to it with every purchase.
We need to own the free hold of the stadium. Council own it.

Everything sells if the price is right and the freehold values are there.

I can see someone buying us cheap in league 1 tbh

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 6622 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:04 - Jan 5 by Bluesquid

Hurst had the opportunity to bring in a lot of new players.

Lambert hasn’t yet.

So Hurst was effectively criticising a team or squad which included a large number of players he had brought in. If they didn’t have hunger and passion, it doesn’t reflect well on his judgment when signing them.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:10 - Jan 5 with 6595 viewsBluesquid

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:07 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

Hurst had the opportunity to bring in a lot of new players.

Lambert hasn’t yet.

So Hurst was effectively criticising a team or squad which included a large number of players he had brought in. If they didn’t have hunger and passion, it doesn’t reflect well on his judgment when signing them.

Yes but still players making repeated silly mistakes who he did NOT sign.

Spence, Chambers, Knudsen.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:20 - Jan 5 with 6542 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

Yeah, that’s all great.

Name one.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 6476 viewsSarge

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:10 - Jan 5 by Bluesquid

Yes but still players making repeated silly mistakes who he did NOT sign.

Spence, Chambers, Knudsen.

He chose to keep them in the squad. Lambert is only now able to shape his squad, although being January he probably won’t be able to do much.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 23:15 - Jan 5 with 6252 viewsfactual_blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:20 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

Yeah, that’s all great.

Name one.

People not unconnected with Hutchison Port Holdings, ie the Chinese.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 23:46 - Jan 5 with 6205 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:04 - Jan 5 by Bluesquid

The side he lambasted after Exeter included:

Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan, Chalobah, Edun and Jackson.

So, yes, it was very much his side.

For all the errors Spence, Bart, Chambers and Knudsen may have made, they are amplified by the additional pressure of having nothing ahead of them on the pitch and no scoring threat. Under MM these players made fewer mistakes because they were under less pressure and those mistakes cost us less because we would score goals.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:06 - Jan 6 with 6156 viewsrgp1

Serious question but I for one am glad that Lambert made his comments regarding our squad, however is it reasonable to assume that these comments won't bode well with the hierarchy and that there could be repercussions?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 0:07]
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:08 - Jan 6 with 6141 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:06 - Jan 6 by rgp1

Serious question but I for one am glad that Lambert made his comments regarding our squad, however is it reasonable to assume that these comments won't bode well with the hierarchy and that there could be repercussions?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 0:07]

Which hierarchy?

Evans? He has a history of letting managers manage. He didn't act too swiftly when MM started making inflammatory comments did he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:36 - Jan 6 with 6019 viewsrgp1

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:08 - Jan 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which hierarchy?

Evans? He has a history of letting managers manage. He didn't act too swiftly when MM started making inflammatory comments did he?

Agreed, however McCarthys comments were aimed at the fans not the club.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:46 - Jan 6 with 5998 viewsBluesquid

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 23:46 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

The side he lambasted after Exeter included:

Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan, Chalobah, Edun and Jackson.

So, yes, it was very much his side.

For all the errors Spence, Bart, Chambers and Knudsen may have made, they are amplified by the additional pressure of having nothing ahead of them on the pitch and no scoring threat. Under MM these players made fewer mistakes because they were under less pressure and those mistakes cost us less because we would score goals.

I agree with that, i am aware that there is added pressure due to the poor performers upfield and some of those are Hurst's signings.

But just look at Lamberts comments today - "Giving silly fouls away leading up to the goal, headed goal, across the face of the goal, you've got to defend your box, giving silly free kicks away, got to defend better"

These are the basics and he isn't just referring to today's match is he?

Lambert agreed with the interviewer today regarding the Millwall game and the second goal conceded where their lad Cooper was encircled by 5 Town players in the six yard box and he still managed to head home with Chambers looking on, sticking his left leg up to try and stop the header.

I mean, wtf?

Why didn't Chambers challenge with a header instead of a half-arsed leg up in the air.

It's just not good enough and it's not isolated either is it?

We expect well paid professional footballers to get the basics right.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 0:58]
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:52 - Jan 6 with 5982 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think 6 were Hurst's, 2 Lambert's.

I know Lambert seems to be flavour of the month, but I'm far from convinced he's going to do well here. We'll see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:53 - Jan 6 with 5980 viewsClapham_Junction

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

The council owning the freehold of the stadium is one of the few positives about our position IMO as it means we'll never be a target of some dodgy property developer.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 01:07 - Jan 6 with 5950 viewsbournemouthblue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:53 - Jan 6 by Clapham_Junction

The council owning the freehold of the stadium is one of the few positives about our position IMO as it means we'll never be a target of some dodgy property developer.

Indeed, it keeps the club in the Town rather than an out of Town Stadium in somewhere like Copdock, Whitton or Foxhall

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:16 - Jan 6 with 5652 viewssuffolkpoker

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:53 - Jan 6 by Clapham_Junction

I do agree some what with that. The trouble is when we are looking for new ownership and trying to look a good investment. Our biggest Assest we only own the stands and not the land it sits.

Would you accept a decent owner (Dubai consortium etc) who sold the land moved us to whitton but invested heavily into the squad?

I love Portman road and would a sad day but for long term it could be better

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:29 - Jan 6 with 5628 viewsOxford_Blue

Why wouldn’t the council just sell it as the end of the lease if the right offer was received?
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:31 - Jan 6 with 5622 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, This is the way I see it going too.
Hopefully we get the right owner.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:33 - Jan 6 with 5616 viewssparks

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:31 - Jan 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep, This is the way I see it going too.
Hopefully we get the right owner.

Explain why we need the freehold of the stadium?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:34 - Jan 6 with 5610 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 00:52 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

I think 6 were Hurst's, 2 Lambert's.

I know Lambert seems to be flavour of the month, but I'm far from convinced he's going to do well here. We'll see.

No one is going to do well here. I think we've established that over the last 10 years.

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:36 - Jan 6 with 5601 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:33 - Jan 6 by sparks

Where did I mention the freehold?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:06 - Jan 6 with 5570 viewsClapham_Junction

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:29 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Why wouldn’t the council just sell it as the end of the lease if the right offer was received?

Probably because in general (at least under the current administration) they try to do the right thing for the town. They were supportive of it being listed as an ACV, which means fans have first dibs on buying it if it's ever sold.

As the lease runs to 2094, it's not really something we have to contemplate for a while anyway.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:08 - Jan 6 with 5561 viewssparks

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:33 - Jan 6 by sparks

You agreed with this:

"Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

We need to own the free hold of the stadium. Council own it. "

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:09 - Jan 6 with 5554 viewsClapham_Junction

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:16 - Jan 6 by suffolkpoker

I do agree some what with that. The trouble is when we are looking for new ownership and trying to look a good investment. Our biggest Assest we only own the stands and not the land it sits.

Would you accept a decent owner (Dubai consortium etc) who sold the land moved us to whitton but invested heavily into the squad?

I love Portman road and would a sad day but for long term it could be better

Nope. Personally I would not like to see Town become another club bankrolled by some foreign billionaires.

I don't think moving from Portman Road would ever be an acceptable price for any action by the owners.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:10 - Jan 6 with 5545 viewswkj

While I may not agree with the context of this post, reporting it as abuse is a bit stupid isnt it?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024