Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane is having a nightmare tonight 23:13 - Jan 17 with 11206 viewsStokieBlue

My MP not putting up a great display on Question Time this evening. Labour HQ must be drafting the retractions at this very moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 16:01 - Jan 18 with 1135 viewsGlasgowBlue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 15:55 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

Dianne Abbott is an absolute wally and a Commie who thinks Mao was alright, but there is no doubt that at least some and probably a lot of the stick she gets is down to her being a black woman.

At least Diane Abbott has owned her former support of the IRA. Unlike her slippery former spoons partner who carries on with the pretence he was part of the peace process.

Although comparing one's change of support for a terror organization who blew up kiddies outside of McDonalds with a change of hairdo probably isn't the wisest thing to do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 16:22 - Jan 18 with 1102 viewsZedRodgers

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 16:01 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

At least Diane Abbott has owned her former support of the IRA. Unlike her slippery former spoons partner who carries on with the pretence he was part of the peace process.

Although comparing one's change of support for a terror organization who blew up kiddies outside of McDonalds with a change of hairdo probably isn't the wisest thing to do.

Liar (again).

Watch the first minute of the video I shared before you say Diane Abbott supported the IRA.

Also, if you need to resort to insults about a woman's former partner, then you are a cheap misogynist.

No, not at the moment

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 16:34 - Jan 18 with 1089 viewsm14_blue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 13:28 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

BBC tries to be impartial but ends up giving voices to those who don't deserve one.

If there was a debate as to whether the world was flat, they'd have a flat earther on there talking their rubbish - and it gives it validation.

Yep, their obsession with appearing balanced often leads to a false equivalence being presented even when the evidence is overwhelmingly one sided.

This was the case throughout the Brexit referendum and meant many of the more outlandish claims went relatively unchallenged.

As you say, they take the same approach with scientific matters such as climate change, giving both sides equal weight so as to avoid upsetting Mr Ignorant of Stupidsville.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 17:00 - Jan 18 with 1063 viewslowhouseblue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 14:26 - Jan 18 by ZedRodgers

So you don't have anything to offer then?

Just that she's not up to it.

and so where you end up again is that you'd be happy for her to be home sec. that's the sort of religious zealotry that ends with visions.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 994 viewsZedRodgers

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 12:37 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Some interesting points raised there.

If Bruce did that before the show then it's totally out of order. Does seem to only be that source for the accusation but if true then she would have some explaining to do.

On the pro-brexit audience, Derby was nearly 60% remain so that isn't that surprising (I suspect the audience in Islington the week before was skewed the other way), although they should try and make a balanced audience if possible. It's also unfortunate that leave votes tend to make much more noise.

On the polls she should have clarified what she was referencing. By YouGov she is right (which is what is most often quoted). Looking at the others she clearly isn't right but without know the populations used to conduct those polls it's impossible to know the relevance. The Daily Fail is appalling, I think we can agree on that.

On the subject of Diane herself, she shouldn't be subjected to any abuse, I think everyone can agree that. That doesn't however mean we cannot criticise her for not being a very good politician. She might have been flustered last night but the responses she gave were very poor, often against cited Labour policy ("we are willing to move on all points" - clearly not true).

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 12:47]

FYI about those polls SB...

All the polls from the companies in the list have had sample sizes that range between 1000-2000, apart from a big 25k one that YouGov did on behalf of the People’sVote campaign.

That YouGov poll had the Tories up 6%. As did their next poll with a sample size of 2k. They are the only polling company to have the Tories ahead since October.

Some may say they’re the most reputable and the well-known. Others would say YouGov was founded by a current standing Tory MP and the founder of the Conservative Home website.

Either way, Oakeshott and Bruce were wrong to say Labour are behind in the polls.

No, not at the moment

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 22:06 - Jan 18 with 956 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 15:53 - Jan 18 by ZedRodgers

Yes, because he was a sportsman.

QED then. That seals it.

She’s rubbish because she’s black, a woman AND isn’t a sportsman. How much more evidence do you need?

Meanwhile the turkeys will keep voting for Christmas.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 08:34 - Jan 19 with 907 viewspickles110564

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 16:34 - Jan 18 by m14_blue

Yep, their obsession with appearing balanced often leads to a false equivalence being presented even when the evidence is overwhelmingly one sided.

This was the case throughout the Brexit referendum and meant many of the more outlandish claims went relatively unchallenged.

As you say, they take the same approach with scientific matters such as climate change, giving both sides equal weight so as to avoid upsetting Mr Ignorant of Stupidsville.

I agree they never gave a balanced view throughout the Brexit referendum, if they had the Leave vote would have been much higher.
Just like Cameron was should not have peddled project fear and spent £9 million on the pro EU project fear letters that were delivered to us.

I am glad finally someone has admitted that the BBC is nearly as corrupt as the EU is.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 11:48 - Jan 19 with 881 viewsCoachRob

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 13:18 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

"This is not an emotive statement then? You criticise people for using emotive language and then do the same yourself. You either inherently fail to understand politics is a emotive subject or are trying to shut down debate with gatekeeping of what is and isn't allowed. "

I wouldn't say that is an emotive statement, it's an opinion and pretty different to what you were doing the other day. I don't think I've ever tried to shut down a debate - can you find an instance of this happening?

"You can hammer a black Cambridge graduate but the white Eton, Oxford PPE graduate gets off scot free - if you want to show objectivity pick a subject and discuss."

What has race or education got to do with it? She's my MP and I thought her performance was terrible. How is that not objective? You are the one bringing those other factors into the equation without any form of justification. Do you want me to highlight who else was poor? I think her being the shadow home secretary, one of the most important positions in the shadow cabinet means her performance can be evaluated and criticised.

I don't even understand the last part of your paragraph I am afraid. Happy for you to clarify it.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:25]

Just looked up some of the synonyms for dross and they include slag and scum. This is clearly unacceptable language to be using against any woman. I suggest you choose your nouns carefully as I don't believe for a minute you actually meant to say this.

In reference to what I was doing the other day was putting my view point as a researcher of MMT what you did was try to totally misrepresent the political economy as a banal trade of unreferenced numbers and theories.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to write "I will not be voting for Diane Abbott at the next election because she doesn't live up to my expectations of what a shadow home secretary should be" rather than using the term "dross". Clearly both Stewart and Abbott are intelligent people but what they were taught at Oxbridge could be called into question.

"I thought her performance was terrible. How is that not objective?"

Because it is subjective.
Login to get fewer ads

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 12:22 - Jan 19 with 854 viewsStokieBlue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 11:48 - Jan 19 by CoachRob

Just looked up some of the synonyms for dross and they include slag and scum. This is clearly unacceptable language to be using against any woman. I suggest you choose your nouns carefully as I don't believe for a minute you actually meant to say this.

In reference to what I was doing the other day was putting my view point as a researcher of MMT what you did was try to totally misrepresent the political economy as a banal trade of unreferenced numbers and theories.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to write "I will not be voting for Diane Abbott at the next election because she doesn't live up to my expectations of what a shadow home secretary should be" rather than using the term "dross". Clearly both Stewart and Abbott are intelligent people but what they were taught at Oxbridge could be called into question.

"I thought her performance was terrible. How is that not objective?"

Because it is subjective.

You're trying very hard to find something there and it's pretty pathetic. Those are not the accepted definitions of dross, why would you not go with the accepted dictionary definition?

I also didn't say she was dross, I said the main parties are dross so you have even twisted that into something it's not.

Once again I didn't use the term dross about Abbot. I'm not sure why you keep saying I did.

I think you should be pretty much retracting the whole post since none if it is actually correct.

You last paragraph is just strange, you are essentially saying nobody can have opinios on this forum as they are by definition not objective.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 837 viewsm14_blue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 08:34 - Jan 19 by pickles110564

I agree they never gave a balanced view throughout the Brexit referendum, if they had the Leave vote would have been much higher.
Just like Cameron was should not have peddled project fear and spent £9 million on the pro EU project fear letters that were delivered to us.

I am glad finally someone has admitted that the BBC is nearly as corrupt as the EU is.

Don’t think you’ve understood my post.

Completely agree about Cameron though.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 13:11 - Jan 21 with 773 viewsSeablu

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 13:11 - Jan 18 by Withnail

What about the repeated bias of the actual panel.

4-1 remain last night. Same the week before...

Only room for one idiot per show.
If only we could adopt the same policy on twtd threads.
You've admirably filled the quota on this one now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024