Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland 00:01 - Jan 21 with 4055 viewsconnorscontract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46937061

I've been warning about this for a while.

There's a lot more to it than just Brexit: Foster's lack of ministerial accountability, subsequent collapse of the power sharing executive and closure of Stormont, resulting "rule" over Northern Ireland by the British Home Secretary, subsequent propping up of the Tory Government by DUP.

However, Brexit really isn't helping. And comments from Tory MPs suggesting that the Irish Border is a red herring, or that The Good Friday Agreement doesn't matter are fuel to a potentially highly flammable situation.

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 00:12 - Jan 21 with 2884 viewsconnorscontract

I mean, you couldn't make it up, could you?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-may/may-considering-amending-good-f

Theresa, don't do it. Don't even suggest it.
Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 00:12 - Jan 21 with 2875 viewsZedRodgers

Somehow I can’t see the situation improving anytime soon...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/01/20/exclusive-theresa-may-mulls-amen

No, not at the moment

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 00:21 - Jan 21 with 2865 viewsChampionship

A new poll suggests most people oppose a second referendum which I find incredible as these polls keep showing support for remain.

The only way out, if a second referendum isn't happening, seems to be a soft Brexit which pleases no one. Pointless to leave and be in the EU in all but name while giving up our influence.
Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 01:24 - Jan 21 with 2826 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 00:21 - Jan 21 by Championship

A new poll suggests most people oppose a second referendum which I find incredible as these polls keep showing support for remain.

The only way out, if a second referendum isn't happening, seems to be a soft Brexit which pleases no one. Pointless to leave and be in the EU in all but name while giving up our influence.

The only way forward is to leave on WTO terms. That's leaving the EU.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 01:33 - Jan 21 with 2815 viewsChampionship

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 01:24 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

There is no mandate for that. Parliament don't support that and neither do the people.
Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:35 - Jan 21 with 2681 viewsDarth_Koont

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 00:21 - Jan 21 by Championship

I think those figures are skewed by a large percentage of people who just want all talk of Brexit over. They have a point in that it's a huge distraction from other equally important stuff for this country.

But thinking it's good to "just get it over and done with" is missing the point. Unfortunately, leaving the EU on March 29th keeps this thundertruck of sh!t rolling for another decade as we try to re-organise many years of trade and regulatory arrangements. And you can bet that those in charge won't have grasped certain key aspects of that or will be able to agree on it. Never mind the fact that we'll be the smaller player in the most important negotiations.

Seems inevitable in the Brexit decade ahead, we'll also be dealing with the possible breakup of the UK unless there's a monumental reform of Westminster.

What a time to be alive.

Pronouns: He/Him

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:37 - Jan 21 with 2686 viewsBloomBlue

This is all the remainers fault constantly trying to delay leaving the EU.
Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:57 - Jan 21 with 2665 viewsDanTheMan

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:37 - Jan 21 by BloomBlue

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:59 - Jan 21 with 2652 viewsDarth_Koont

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 07:37 - Jan 21 by BloomBlue

Not the fault of 2 Prime Ministers and the leaders of the Leave campaign who have all b@ggered off when they've realised they didn't know what they were talking about?

At the heart of it, where fantasy finally met reality, the record of failure as Brexit Secretary from first Davis and then Raab speaks volumes. It took them two years to realise they were out of their depth and their promises were undeliverable.

Pronouns: He/Him

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 08:28 - Jan 21 with 2625 viewsBlueBadger

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 01:24 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

Yes, because hard checkpoints on the borders would totally calm down Republican loons in Ni.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:02 - Jan 21 with 2589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shameful OP that from a normally reliable poster. Can't believed you missed the chance to blame Corbyn.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:27 - Jan 21 with 2557 viewschicoazul

Hhmmmm that's weird, loads of people here and elsewhere told me the sainted Blair solved this problem with his mate Clinton.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:29 - Jan 21 with 2550 viewschicoazul

That's because people arent stupid and they know a 2nd referendum would be a huge win for Leave and give us Boris as PM and a hard Brexit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 2535 viewsPinewoodblue

Arrived home yesterday evening from short break in Co Donegal. We flew from Stansted to Derry. We had time to kill yesterday afternoon and spent it in Derry , walked the wall, visited Guildhall, peace bridge etc.

The bombing, not the first, was carried out by youngsters who lack support from the community. This has nothing to do with Brexit. Project fear.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 2510 viewsLord_Lucan

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:29 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

That's because people arent stupid and they know a 2nd referendum would be a huge win for Leave and give us Boris as PM and a hard Brexit.

I actually agree with that. A second referendum would be a bigger winning margin for leave.

I can see the red bus now with a big banner "We already told you once"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:50 - Jan 21 with 2496 viewschicoazul

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:47 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

I actually agree with that. A second referendum would be a bigger winning margin for leave.

I can see the red bus now with a big banner "We already told you once"

Think this is why there is no real majority for a 2nd to be honest. People know what will happen. There is nobody who can match Farage Boris and people like Tony Martin on the Remain team for rhetoric and power of argument, perhaps the only ones who could are Blair and Brown who pretty much everyone who would need persuading to change to Remain hates nowadays.

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:50 - Jan 21 with 2490 viewsGlasgowBlue

Those polls don’t contradict each other. There is a percentage of remainers who obviously would vote remain if there was a second referendum, but at the same time believe that the first referendum was part of a democratic process and the result should be respected.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:54 - Jan 21 with 2474 viewsZedRodgers

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:38 - Jan 21 by Pinewoodblue

Arrived home yesterday evening from short break in Co Donegal. We flew from Stansted to Derry. We had time to kill yesterday afternoon and spent it in Derry , walked the wall, visited Guildhall, peace bridge etc.

The bombing, not the first, was carried out by youngsters who lack support from the community. This has nothing to do with Brexit. Project fear.

A car bomb in NI seems a little too real to be dismissed as 'Project Fear'.

No, not at the moment

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 2444 viewsZedRodgers

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:50 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

Think this is why there is no real majority for a 2nd to be honest. People know what will happen. There is nobody who can match Farage Boris and people like Tony Martin on the Remain team for rhetoric and power of argument, perhaps the only ones who could are Blair and Brown who pretty much everyone who would need persuading to change to Remain hates nowadays.

Latest poll by Opinium on what should happen next.

24% ~ Leave with no deal
22% ~ "Deal" vs "Remain" referendum
20% ~ Renegotiate deal
12% ~ General election
9% ~ "Deal" vs "No Deal" referendum
13% ~ Don't Know

What a shambles of a situation.

Farage and Boris' disingenuous non-facts can quite easily be matched and discredited by numerous key Remain people, but the media is where the battle will be lost.

If Remain try and wheel out the likes of Tony Blair again it will be a complete whitewash.

No, not at the moment

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:10 - Jan 21 with 2439 viewsPinewoodblue

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 09:54 - Jan 21 by ZedRodgers

A car bomb in NI seems a little too real to be dismissed as 'Project Fear'.

The project fear part is making it a big thing, these things happen from time to time. Remember the only video evidence was supplied by the Police.

Ws were spending the weekend with scores of people from Derry, two on our table lived a few hundred yards from where it happened and just shrugged their shoulders when told about it.

There is no appetite for turning the clock back.

2023 year of destiny

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:12 - Jan 21 with 2430 viewschicoazul

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:05 - Jan 21 by ZedRodgers

Latest poll by Opinium on what should happen next.

24% ~ Leave with no deal
22% ~ "Deal" vs "Remain" referendum
20% ~ Renegotiate deal
12% ~ General election
9% ~ "Deal" vs "No Deal" referendum
13% ~ Don't Know

What a shambles of a situation.

Farage and Boris' disingenuous non-facts can quite easily be matched and discredited by numerous key Remain people, but the media is where the battle will be lost.

If Remain try and wheel out the likes of Tony Blair again it will be a complete whitewash.

The trouble is, people think facts or indeed non-facts matter at all in this. They never have. Nobody voted in the referendum on facts, they voted on "facts".

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:14 - Jan 21 with 2421 viewsfooters

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:10 - Jan 21 by Pinewoodblue

The project fear part is making it a big thing, these things happen from time to time. Remember the only video evidence was supplied by the Police.

Ws were spending the weekend with scores of people from Derry, two on our table lived a few hundred yards from where it happened and just shrugged their shoulders when told about it.

Are you suggesting the British government or the EU planted a car bomb in NI?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 2407 viewsSteve_M

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:10 - Jan 21 by Pinewoodblue

There may be so mainstream appetite for turning the clock back but then there never was a mainstream appetite for 25 years of medium-level violence. That doesn't mean it won't happen if there enough people who do want it to.

To pretend that the referendum, the deep uncertainty over the border, and the continued lack of a government in Northern Ireland, haven't had any impact on those who want violence is a bit naive.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:19 - Jan 21 with 2401 viewsPinewoodblue

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:14 - Jan 21 by footers

Are you suggesting the British government or the EU planted a car bomb in NI?

Don't be stupid. They were young hot heads and judging by the speed they were founded up shopped. by the community.

2023 year of destiny

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 2390 viewsfooters

Terrorist bombing has returned to Northern Ireland on 10:19 - Jan 21 by Pinewoodblue

Don't be stupid. They were young hot heads and judging by the speed they were founded up shopped. by the community.

Just wondered about the 'only police have video evidence' line- sounded a bit conspiratorial is all.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024