Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curve Bar 08:23 - Feb 18 with 5448 viewsitfcjoe

Was in their for the first time in ages for the Blue Monday live event, and just amazed at how terrible it is in there. By the time the event finished around 10pm there was about 4 other people in the bar on a Saturday night.

Of the 6 or 8 beers they have on tap only 2 weren't out.

It never seems to be open in the week, it is only busy from about 12-3 on Saturday then 5-7 if we have a home game.

The bar, which is in an absolutely prime spot between Willis, Axa, on the walk back to the station for most in town with a very nice outdoor area in front of it is run like they don't care.

It amazes me, that could be one of the best spots in town if it was run well, do a bit of food at lunch for all the workers around it and perfect spot for after work drinks.

Why is it run like it is?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curve Bar on 08:39 - Feb 18 with 4093 viewsDubtractor

I've not been in there in ages, because it has always been a pretty poor place IMO. Nothing about it has been good at all. That doesn't answer your question though!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Curve Bar on 08:41 - Feb 18 with 4096 viewsDeano69

Always used to be heaving in there, I suspect the ‘change in format’ of the bar staff is a significant factor, although that was some time ago.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Curve Bar on 08:43 - Feb 18 with 4083 viewsDubtractor

Curve Bar on 08:41 - Feb 18 by Deano69

Always used to be heaving in there, I suspect the ‘change in format’ of the bar staff is a significant factor, although that was some time ago.

Always found that aspect a bit cringey back in the day to be honest.

"are you a bird? have you got boobs? you've got the job"

Cue an absolute sausage fest of clientele.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Curve Bar on 08:44 - Feb 18 with 4072 viewsTIB

Great spot indeed...from chatting to folk I get impression those who run it don't necessarily need it to be open more / full of punters, they're happy for it just to tick over.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Curve Bar on 08:48 - Feb 18 with 4039 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve not been in there since the evening of the League Cup semi final against Arsenal. Awful place.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Curve Bar on 09:06 - Feb 18 with 3959 viewsITFC_Forever

We go in there pre-game simply because of its convenient location to the ground and out of habit.

Pretty sure its been said a few times on here that the owner is happy to just about keep it ticking over as a hobby rather than anything more than that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Curve Bar on 09:17 - Feb 18 with 3911 viewsDeano69

Curve Bar on 08:43 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

Always found that aspect a bit cringey back in the day to be honest.

"are you a bird? have you got boobs? you've got the job"

Cue an absolute sausage fest of clientele.

Putting numbers on them was a 'classy touch' too

Cant deny it filled the place, even if it was 99.9% male, to be fair that's where your income is going to come from!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Curve Bar on 09:25 - Feb 18 with 3870 viewsLord_Lucan

Curve Bar on 08:39 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

I've not been in there in ages, because it has always been a pretty poor place IMO. Nothing about it has been good at all. That doesn't answer your question though!

Really? A friend of mines daughter worked there when it was full on Purve Bar.

She worked, had a laugh and got paid. Customers had a peek, paid over the top for rubbish beer and everyone was happy.

Personally I never liked the place although I went in there after games for an hour or two. Always seemed cold and soulless.

On a different scale to The Rainbow and Griffin but even in those places it amazes me that people assume that the women are victims - it's the men that are having the p1ss taken out of them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Curve Bar on 09:27 - Feb 18 with 3855 viewschicoazul

I've only been in there a few times but it seems like one of those places were the patrons are always buying the security staff soft drinks and are huddled deep in conversation with them, if you nomsayin.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How was the Blue Monday event?? (n/t) on 09:29 - Feb 18 with 3824 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Curve Bar on 09:31 - Feb 18 with 3811 viewsSteve_M

It was truly rubbish as a bar, the beer was awful too. At least that made bottles of Corona seem like an improvement.

The Blue Monday thing was good though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Curve Bar on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 3758 viewsReuser_is_God

Owner doesn't need to make any money from it, just has it as a hobby.

I said on a thread yesterday that the beer is genuinely worse that what you get in a Wetherspoons.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Curve Bar on 09:45 - Feb 18 with 3708 viewsartsbossbeard

Curve Bar on 09:31 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

It was truly rubbish as a bar, the beer was awful too. At least that made bottles of Corona seem like an improvement.

The Blue Monday thing was good though.

There was always an "eggy fart" type smell around the bar area, which one of my lot blamed on the pipes and this genuinely put me off drinking there.

I've not been in for years.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Curve Bar on 09:53 - Feb 18 with 3641 viewsDubtractor

Curve Bar on 09:25 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Really? A friend of mines daughter worked there when it was full on Purve Bar.

She worked, had a laugh and got paid. Customers had a peek, paid over the top for rubbish beer and everyone was happy.

Personally I never liked the place although I went in there after games for an hour or two. Always seemed cold and soulless.

On a different scale to The Rainbow and Griffin but even in those places it amazes me that people assume that the women are victims - it's the men that are having the p1ss taken out of them.

Wasn't suggesting that the ladies were victims at all - no one could have been in any doubt about the policy! Just that being in a pub full of seedy blokes wasn't my bag!

Curve Bar on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 3628 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I have thought on a number of occasions of approaching Fred to buy the leasehold off him (assuming he doesn’t own the freehold too) as with the right ideas and mentality that place should be heaving every match day/night. It wouldn’t take a lot neither, but because of its prime location it should be most peoples place to drink.
Curve Bar on 10:08 - Feb 18 with 3531 viewsLord_Lucan

Curve Bar on 09:53 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

Wasn't suggesting that the ladies were victims at all - no one could have been in any doubt about the policy! Just that being in a pub full of seedy blokes wasn't my bag!

I haven't been in there for years but when I did it was just football lads having a pint and glimpsing at tits - and ABB farting.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Curve Bar on 10:09 - Feb 18 with 3525 viewsWeekender

Curve Bar on 09:57 - Feb 18 by ColchesterBlue1985

I have thought on a number of occasions of approaching Fred to buy the leasehold off him (assuming he doesn’t own the freehold too) as with the right ideas and mentality that place should be heaving every match day/night. It wouldn’t take a lot neither, but because of its prime location it should be most peoples place to drink.

Does Fred still own it? Used to work for him in Colchester, nice chap.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Curve Bar on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 3516 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Curve Bar on 10:09 - Feb 18 by Weekender

Yes lovely chap, not 100% sure but was in there on the day when I last went in there.
Curve Bar on 10:12 - Feb 18 with 3514 viewsITFC_Forever

Curve Bar on 10:09 - Feb 18 by Weekender

Yep, he was there looking nervous on Saturday lunchtime when the Stoke fans were getting rowdy.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Curve Bar on 10:19 - Feb 18 with 3465 viewsTIB

Curve Bar on 09:57 - Feb 18 by ColchesterBlue1985

Might contact this Fred lad...see if he fancies trialing some Away Days in there? I've not approached them before as like has been said, they seem pretty content to just get by with what they're already doing.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Curve Bar on 10:31 - Feb 18 with 3401 viewsSteve_M

Curve Bar on 10:19 - Feb 18 by TIB

Might contact this Fred lad...see if he fancies trialing some Away Days in there? I've not approached them before as like has been said, they seem pretty content to just get by with what they're already doing.

I finally bought a bottle, of Boncho, for the train back then decided I didn't need another beer. Looking forward to trying it this week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Curve Bar on 15:23 - Feb 18 with 3099 viewsJohnny_Boy

MEMO to Blue Monday Podcast 'gang'.

When recording a podcast live & asking the audience members for a show of hands concerning a subject.....convey that to the podcast listeners in words.
Curve Bar on 15:25 - Feb 18 with 3092 viewsReuser_is_God

Curve Bar on 15:23 - Feb 18 by Johnny_Boy

MEMO to Blue Monday Podcast 'gang'.

When recording a podcast live & asking the audience members for a show of hands concerning a subject.....convey that to the podcast listeners in words.

Yeah, found that annoying.

Also on the CV game the second player they done (Stephen Hunt) they forgot to say the clubs as they, presumably, come up on the screen.

Evans out

Curve Bar on 15:25 - Feb 18 with 3082 viewsReuser_is_God

Curve Bar on 10:12 - Feb 18 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, he was there looking nervous on Saturday lunchtime when the Stoke fans were getting rowdy.

How many Stoke were there?

Evans out

Curve Bar on 15:33 - Feb 18 with 3039 viewsnoggin

I popped in there on Saturday and saw one of the twins in full length Stone Island coat (Norwich market version) and 18 hole Doctor Martens lol. Oh and the bouncers seemed confused when the whole back room started singing Stoke songs. They were only supposed to let home fans in.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024