Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? 10:22 - Feb 19 with 21086 viewsLeagueOne

.. with the complaint that politics has taken over this forum, and the subsequent fall out for the admins to deal with the upset over politics, should it be banned on here?

I think if it was a lot more supporters would engage with it and there would be a lot more actual football being discussed. Political forums exist elsewhere, what is the drive to use this as a political forum?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 10:25]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:12 - Feb 19 with 1987 viewsjeera

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:10 - Feb 19 by hoppy

Hmmm. Not sure on the pickled onion ones.

I've just had some nice Kettles Sea Salt and Crushed Black Peppercorns crisps.

I have to say those are more to my taste.

Pickled onion Monster Munch.

Whatever next?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:18 - Feb 19 with 1975 viewsLeagueOne

At the moment we're keeping political threads for the sake of just 6 people - I'd say bin the politics and if people want that they should go elsewhere and let the forum focus on football again.

I also don't like the idea that one of you is Ben Gummer hiding here. ;)

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:19 - Feb 19 with 1966 viewsfooters

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:18 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

At the moment we're keeping political threads for the sake of just 6 people - I'd say bin the politics and if people want that they should go elsewhere and let the forum focus on football again.

Well, tough titties, mister. The board has spoken - democracy in action ;)
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 14:19]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:24 - Feb 19 with 1941 viewsGavTWTD

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:18 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

Ok, thanks for your input but we're not doing that.

Next.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:29 - Feb 19 with 1911 viewshoppy

Is Ben Gummer hiding in the 'Football Only' filter? ...you do know there's one, don't you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:30 - Feb 19 with 1910 viewschicoazul

The trouble with this is that nearly all events have both political causes and political solutions so therefore one could say for e.g. the current general state of football is entirely connected to Thatcherite deregulation and the current specific state of ITFC is entirely connected to the fact Marcus is a Lib Dem donor. It's a pickle that's for sure.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:30 - Feb 19 with 1902 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ahem.

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! by LeagueOne 19 Feb 2019 10:13
Naff mainstream MP in a safe seat in political non-entity shocker.

'New Politics' from The Independent Group by LeagueOne 18 Feb 2019 22:36
Well you can, but it's not exclusive to them as proven by this mob - as soon as genuine marxist leads the Labour Party, set up to defend the workers of this country from unrestricted capitalism they defect under the guise of racism but in reality it's Corbyn's opposition to the EU keeping the wealthy on top of the working class and the political class in place, funded by unrestricted capitalism which is buying the law makers in Europe, in control which is why they have formed their Tory-lite group, of Fib-Dems, whatever you like.

This isn't new politics, it's existing right wing capitalistic "free market" post Thatcherism at it's most opportunistic.

'New Politics' from The Independent Group by LeagueOne 18 Feb 2019 20:21
New politics from people who have served a mainstream party a collective 100 years before leaving the party because it was no longer mainstream and middle of the road enough for them. They may as well just go the whole hog and join the Tories who lost any semblance of their identity and purpose under Heath in the 70's and became a party soly of the selfish, home owner, greedy middle classes, much like New Labour. Greed is indeed God to those people.

There's no more racism or anti-semitism in Labour then there is any other party, it's just that it's actually been reported in the Labour Party. Also, being pro-Palestine by definition doesn't make you an anti-semite, the same way that being pro peace in Ireland doesn't make you a member of the IRA.

So called Political moderates will spin any old nonsense to protect their pay thats for sure.

Watching Trump live..... by LeagueOne 15 Feb 2019 16:38
He promised to build a wall.

He now can't build a wall.

He's having to find money to pay for the wall, despite saying Mexico would pay for the wall.

He's now finding out he can't just build a wall.

America.

These climate strikes today by LeagueOne 15 Feb 2019 15:07
I remember about 25 years ago they said East Anglia would become a desert and wouldn't be able to sustain the greenery it does now due to the increasing heat, about 10-12 years ago this was revised to say we would be flooded and Norwich would end up under the sea.

Sometimes you have to break some eggs...

I am all for reducing emissions and making the world greener, ultimately if there were fewer people everywhere there would be fewer problems too, but nobody seems to really want to address that, but its an obvious problem as we're now living longer and the more of us there are, the more resource we need to sustain life and thus a bigger drain we are on the planet. I'd like to see cars be done away with and a better public transport system put in place too, but hey ho.

This bloke is a Tory councillor by LeagueOne 13 Feb 2019 12:52
"He is an excellent polemicist and demagogue. I also think that in a post-Brexit world we will see the slow death of consensus politics." - sorry, but you come off VERY pro

I will post a retraction if you say that your not a supporter of his, and you think his racist language is disgraceful.

Brexit, the moral case for a second referendum by LeagueOne 12 Feb 2019 12:42
If you read the EU's direction none of this is stuff they haven't already stated as fact, not Leave propaganda so I would suggest your first flaw is not understanding what you are arguing for.

All member states will join the Euro
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/891253/European-Union-Member-States-Eurozone-European-Commission-Euro-Vladis-Dombrovskis
The European Army is being called for by both France and Germany
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/emmanuel-macron-european-army-france-russia-us-military-defence-eu-a8619721.html
The European Union has open borders between all member states
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
the EU announced that they would adopt the UN's proposals to criminalise anti-open border and anti-immigration statements as law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFTxZ7Xfbvo

If you do not support these things, i'd suggest you stop arguing for remain?

As I said, why don't you stop posting on a football forum and actually go out there and campaign for the European Union? The reason Farage for example, won, is because he made it his mission to win, he didn't sit there day and night complaining on the internet, he got off his arse, whether you're like him or not, and pressured the Government into doing what he wanted and then won.

You could do the same?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI by LeagueOne 7 Feb 2019 22:13
Do you exist just to instigate arguments?

If you think Brexit is divisive then you try and force Northern Ireland into the Republic with or without a referendum and people will get killed, whoever wins, the other side will kick up and start killing again, it's not a game or an opportunity for trolls like you to try and score points with, it's literally peoples lives at stake. Neither us, or the Irish want this, even if the politicians in SF and you do.

Equally if England was independent of the Celtic nations, you'd be utterly miserable as it would be the most right wing nation in the world based on how the majority of the English vote and feel. The same England that over the last 10 years has seen people solidly vote BNP, UKIP and Tory, voted Leave and even seen movements such as the EDL and National Action crop out of.

Be careful what you wish for.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party by LeagueOne 7 Feb 2019 12:26
How is having a employment net of billions anything to do with Marxism?

The right wing of this country, the Conservative Party, both joined the EU and continue to support it because their business interests take advantage of that large labour market and the controls they have over tariffs, the more countries in the trading block, the easier trade becomes and the wealth for the top improves. They are not concerned with the person at the the bottom so much as continuing to maintain the top.

Marxism in essence is the abolition of private property, and returning the resources from private enterprise aka business to the people. Arguably under a truly Marxist opened border system you'd see less people need to take advantage of open borders because there wouldn't be business driving the need for that employment, or additional skills and assuming that the entire world was Marxist then someone living in Africa would have the same level of wealth as someone living in England anyway, so aside from wanting to live in a crowded, often rainy, dump of an English big Town or city, what's the incentive for them to arrive?

Again I am not for total Marxism, I just feel people have become totally confused as to what is right and left wing these days.

etc etc

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:30 - Feb 19 with 1902 viewschicoazul

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:24 - Feb 19 by GavTWTD

Next.

Savage.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 1897 viewsfooters

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:24 - Feb 19 by GavTWTD

Next.

There is that 'other place' the disaffected could frequent... or so I'm told.

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 1891 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next.

Ouch!

Iron Lion Zion

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 1890 viewsSteve_M

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 13:56 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

You mean "filter bubbles"? I had to look it up! but yes indeed -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble

It was an interesting typo at least.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:32 - Feb 19 with 1887 viewsfooters

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:30 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Ahem.

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! by LeagueOne 19 Feb 2019 10:13

Well you can, but it's not exclusive to them as proven by this mob - as soon as genuine marxist leads the Labour Party, set up to defend the workers of this country from unrestricted capitalism they defect under the guise of racism but in reality it's Corbyn's opposition to the EU keeping the wealthy on top of the working class and the political class in place, funded by unrestricted capitalism which is buying the law makers in Europe, in control which is why they have formed their Tory-lite group, of Fib-Dems, whatever you like.

This isn't new politics, it's existing right wing capitalistic "free market" post Thatcherism at it's most opportunistic.

New politics from people who have served a mainstream party a collective 100 years before leaving the party because it was no longer mainstream and middle of the road enough for them. They may as well just go the whole hog and join the Tories who lost any semblance of their identity and purpose under Heath in the 70's and became a party soly of the selfish, home owner, greedy middle classes, much like New Labour. Greed is indeed God to those people.

There's no more racism or anti-semitism in Labour then there is any other party, it's just that it's actually been reported in the Labour Party. Also, being pro-Palestine by definition doesn't make you an anti-semite, the same way that being pro peace in Ireland doesn't make you a member of the IRA.

So called Political moderates will spin any old nonsense to protect their pay thats for sure.

He's having to find money to pay for the wall, despite saying Mexico would pay for the wall.

America.

I remember about 25 years ago they said East Anglia would become a desert and wouldn't be able to sustain the greenery it does now due to the increasing heat, about 10-12 years ago this was revised to say we would be flooded and Norwich would end up under the sea.

I am all for reducing emissions and making the world greener, ultimately if there were fewer people everywhere there would be fewer problems too, but nobody seems to really want to address that, but its an obvious problem as we're now living longer and the more of us there are, the more resource we need to sustain life and thus a bigger drain we are on the planet. I'd like to see cars be done away with and a better public transport system put in place too, but hey ho.

"He is an excellent polemicist and demagogue. I also think that in a post-Brexit world we will see the slow death of consensus politics." - sorry, but you come off VERY pro

I will post a retraction if you say that your not a supporter of his, and you think his racist language is disgraceful.

If you read the EU's direction none of this is stuff they haven't already stated as fact, not Leave propaganda so I would suggest your first flaw is not understanding what you are arguing for.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/891253/European-Union-Member-States-Eurozone-European-Commission-Euro-Vladis-Dombrovskis
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/emmanuel-macron-european-army-france-russia-us-military-defence-eu-a8619721.html
the EU announced that they would adopt the UN's proposals to criminalise anti-open border and anti-immigration statements as law

As I said, why don't you stop posting on a football forum and actually go out there and campaign for the European Union? The reason Farage for example, won, is because he made it his mission to win, he didn't sit there day and night complaining on the internet, he got off his arse, whether you're like him or not, and pressured the Government into doing what he wanted and then won.

You could do the same?

A reminder that the DUP do not speak for all of NI by LeagueOne 7 Feb 2019 22:13

If you think Brexit is divisive then you try and force Northern Ireland into the Republic with or without a referendum and people will get killed, whoever wins, the other side will kick up and start killing again, it's not a game or an opportunity for trolls like you to try and score points with, it's literally peoples lives at stake. Neither us, or the Irish want this, even if the politicians in SF and you do.

Equally if England was independent of the Celtic nations, you'd be utterly miserable as it would be the most right wing nation in the world based on how the majority of the English vote and feel. The same England that over the last 10 years has seen people solidly vote BNP, UKIP and Tory, voted Leave and even seen movements such as the EDL and National Action crop out of.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party by LeagueOne 7 Feb 2019 12:26

The right wing of this country, the Conservative Party, both joined the EU and continue to support it because their business interests take advantage of that large labour market and the controls they have over tariffs, the more countries in the trading block, the easier trade becomes and the wealth for the top improves. They are not concerned with the person at the the bottom so much as continuing to maintain the top.

Marxism in essence is the abolition of private property, and returning the resources from private enterprise aka business to the people. Arguably under a truly Marxist opened border system you'd see less people need to take advantage of open borders because there wouldn't be business driving the need for that employment, or additional skills and assuming that the entire world was Marxist then someone living in Africa would have the same level of wealth as someone living in England anyway, so aside from wanting to live in a crowded, often rainy, dump of an English big Town or city, what's the incentive for them to arrive?

Again I am not for total Marxism, I just feel people have become totally confused as to what is right and left wing these days.

etc etc

I know I'm on your naughty step, GB, but bravo- savage!

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:33 - Feb 19 with 1875 viewschicoazul

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:30 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Ahem.

America.

You could do the same?

etc etc

And it's an elbow from the top rope there from GlasgowBlue.

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1846 viewscaught-in-limbo

Next.

Gav, have you got statistics showing the breakdown of advertising revenue from the different parts of your site?

I guess what I'm asking is: Is there a limit to the annoyance generated by politics threads which would cause you to pull the plug on them despite the losses?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:36 - Feb 19 with 1842 viewsBrixtonBlue

I say ban people who call themselves LeagueOne before the season has even started.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:39 - Feb 19 with 1809 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:32 - Feb 19 by footers

I know I'm on your naughty step, GB, but bravo- savage!

You only went on for the weekend.

Iron Lion Zion

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:42 - Feb 19 with 1787 viewsGavTWTD

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:35 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

Gav, have you got statistics showing the breakdown of advertising revenue from the different parts of your site?

I guess what I'm asking is: Is there a limit to the annoyance generated by politics threads which would cause you to pull the plug on them despite the losses?

I know the page counts of different sections of the site (eg news or forum) but we don't know what constitutes a politics thread so couldn't differentiate between a Pablo thread or a Corbyn one.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:42 - Feb 19 with 1784 viewschicoazul

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:35 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

I for one am deeply surprised you seem to be pro-OPs point.

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:44 - Feb 19 with 1773 viewsRyorry

You haven't actually read the posts in the thread then?

As Championship (I think it was) said earlier, your poll with its questions was exceptionally poorly worded. Rather reminds me of 2016 now I come to think of it ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:47 - Feb 19 with 1757 viewschicoazul

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:42 - Feb 19 by GavTWTD

I know the page counts of different sections of the site (eg news or forum) but we don't know what constitutes a politics thread so couldn't differentiate between a Pablo thread or a Corbyn one.

Pablo definitely a Corbyn man. Look at the way he unselfishly held the ball up and brought others into play, pure redistributive politicking in action.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 14:48]

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:01 - Feb 19 with 1679 viewsChampionship

35-7 based on a vote of 42 people.

Do you think the site might have more than 42 posters? Do you need a calculator bud?
Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:04 - Feb 19 with 1669 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 14:42 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

I for one am deeply surprised you seem to be pro-OPs point.

You shouldn't be.

The clues are in posting history facts not in poster misrepresentation.

You should look at threads certain posters start, and then decide if they push a political view of their own or are designed for others to take the bait and post the same sort of views.

I've started 10 threads in the last 12 months.
3 of them were ITFC related.
The other 7 are not connected in any way and only one of which could be classed partisan UK politics.

#toxic

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:06 - Feb 19 with 1653 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:04 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

You shouldn't be.

You should look at threads certain posters start, and then decide if they push a political view of their own or are designed for others to take the bait and post the same sort of views.

The other 7 are not connected in any way and only one of which could be classed partisan UK politics.

Does that include the threads started by HurleyBurley?

Iron Lion Zion

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:11 - Feb 19 with 1633 viewschicoazul

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:04 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

You shouldn't be.

Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned? on 15:11 - Feb 19 with 1633 viewscaught-in-limbo

You shouldn't be.

I don't know. Has he posted in the last 12 months? If so, what were the posts about?

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024