Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour announce they will back second referendum 17:45 - Feb 25 with 12602 viewspickles110564

Like i have said before anything to try and get votes!
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:46 - Feb 25 with 2711 viewsjas0999

... if they fail to delay Brexit.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:47 - Feb 25 with 2707 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:44 - Feb 25 by footers

Erm, if you read my post you will see that what you've done there is put words in my mouth, or thoughts in my head.

And that's a bit narsty, innit. I'm a natural optimist, that much is true, but my firm grip on reality is what drives my drink problem.

Is the Big G still throwing out unpleasantries willy nilly? You're one of the good guys, you don't deserve that my boy! Here, have another drink.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:51 - Feb 25 with 2685 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:47 - Feb 25 by SpruceMoose

Is the Big G still throwing out unpleasantries willy nilly? You're one of the good guys, you don't deserve that my boy! Here, have another drink.

I shan't lower myself to rolling about in the mud. Well, not till festival season anyway.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:51 - Feb 25 with 2680 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:42 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

If you think Corbyn will offer remain as an option in a “people’s vote” then yiu are even more naive than I had thought.

I’ve been busy and just seen this - and other threads.

Corbyn is offering a vote is he. Have I missed a General Election?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:52 - Feb 25 with 2680 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:51 - Feb 25 by footers

I shan't lower myself to rolling about in the mud. Well, not till festival season anyway.

"Oh Jeremy"

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 2672 viewslowhouseblue

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:44 - Feb 25 by footers

Erm, if you read my post you will see that what you've done there is put words in my mouth, or thoughts in my head.

And that's a bit narsty, innit. I'm a natural optimist, that much is true, but my firm grip on reality is what drives my drink problem.

that's a tremendous final sentence. it's poetic in its pithiness.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 2673 viewsGuthrum

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:42 - Feb 25 by footers

Saw what I reckon is the likely roadmap discussed in the paper earlier. Will see if I can find the tweet but it included the two-month extension, Brexit to finally happen early June.

Edit: Here it is:

End game?
1. Cooper-Boles passes
2. Cox agrees deal
3. Withdrawal Agreement amended by Cox passes Commons March 12
4. May asks for "technical extension" March 13
5. EU agrees Cox-amended WA March 21/22
6. UK ratifies new WA
7. UK puts WA into law
8. Brexit May 1-June 30?
Ends/
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 18:45]

That was this morning, before the Labour Ref2 decision. Based more on Cox coming back from Brussels with something useful.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:54 - Feb 25 with 2668 viewsZedRodgers

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:42 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

If you think Corbyn will offer remain as an option in a “people’s vote” then yiu are even more naive than I had thought.

As ever, this is not his decision and will be decided by the membership. I know it’s difficult for you to understand given what you’ve been subjected to over the years, but the democracy smells beautiful over here GB.

Got an email from the big man earlier. One of the documents referenced mentions the current Brexit policy decided at conference and asks the membership to decide how this should be built upon going forward.

Dear Zed,

Play your part in writing Labour's next manifesto.

Last year, we asked you for ideas on how we can build on our exciting and positive programme of hope set out in the 2017 Manifesto 'For the Many, Not the Few'. Thousands of people took the time to send us their thoughts, take part in discussions and attend events.

I want us to build on this activity in 2019, asking representatives of Labour's policy making body, the National Policy Forum (NPF), to lead on examining further important policy areas. I am again asking our members and stakeholders for their views, passion and expertise.

This year's consultation documents cover eight key areas and running alongside will be a programme of activity to enable as many people as possible to get involved in our discussions.

I encourage you to take a look at these documents, engage with your fellow members, hold discussions at your local party or affiliate group and submit ideas to the National Policy Forum, both as individuals and collectively in local meetings and events.

Together, we can deliver our vision for the many not the few.

Yours,

Jeremy Corbyn
Leader of the Labour Party

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:54 - Feb 25 with 2666 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:51 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

I’ve been busy and just seen this - and other threads.

Corbyn is offering a vote is he. Have I missed a General Election?

Tabling an amendment to the deal, which will be voted on by the house along with several others. Well, once Theresa actually holds these votes, which she's delayed by two weeks (was supposed to be Wednesday) because she hopes to hold Parliament hostage by running down the clock.

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:57 - Feb 25 with 2648 viewslowhouseblue

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:54 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

As ever, this is not his decision and will be decided by the membership. I know it’s difficult for you to understand given what you’ve been subjected to over the years, but the democracy smells beautiful over here GB.

Got an email from the big man earlier. One of the documents referenced mentions the current Brexit policy decided at conference and asks the membership to decide how this should be built upon going forward.

Dear Zed,

Last year, we asked you for ideas on how we can build on our exciting and positive programme of hope set out in the 2017 Manifesto 'For the Many, Not the Few'. Thousands of people took the time to send us their thoughts, take part in discussions and attend events.

I want us to build on this activity in 2019, asking representatives of Labour's policy making body, the National Policy Forum (NPF), to lead on examining further important policy areas. I am again asking our members and stakeholders for their views, passion and expertise.

This year's consultation documents cover eight key areas and running alongside will be a programme of activity to enable as many people as possible to get involved in our discussions.

I encourage you to take a look at these documents, engage with your fellow members, hold discussions at your local party or affiliate group and submit ideas to the National Policy Forum, both as individuals and collectively in local meetings and events.

Yours,

Jeremy Corbyn

i haven't got that email.

"this is not his decision and will be decided by the membership" - and the membership are going to decide this in the next fortnight? cool.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:58 - Feb 25 with 2645 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:53 - Feb 25 by lowhouseblue

that's a tremendous final sentence. it's poetic in its pithiness.

The only thing that's pithy is the orange in my G&T.

But thank you x

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:58 - Feb 25 with 2643 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:54 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

Dear Zed,

Yours,

Jeremy Corbyn

So Jeremy is outsourcing his policy making. Scandalous.... ;)
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:58 - Feb 25 with 2641 viewsFtnfwest

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:39 - Feb 25 by footers

The options would be different for a start so there couldn't be the same result. Only this time would be able to vote on what the negotiated settlement is rather than some vague idea of what leaving the EU entails. Give people a second vote with all the relevant information say I.

FWIW, I think the country would likely vote for the deal.

What I’m getting at is if the last labour manifesto was based around respecting the result of the first referendum but they’ve now changed their mind. How do we know they wouldn’t change it again? Notwithstanding as you say that it might only be about the nature of our leaving.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 19:05 - Feb 25 with 2622 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:58 - Feb 25 by Ftnfwest

What I’m getting at is if the last labour manifesto was based around respecting the result of the first referendum but they’ve now changed their mind. How do we know they wouldn’t change it again? Notwithstanding as you say that it might only be about the nature of our leaving.

Parliament as a whole will have to vote on any second referendum, with remain not being on there. So it would probably be- May's deal, hard Brexit and, perhaps, renegotiate- though that is pretty much a non-starter.

Tbh I don't think it will pass. People just want this over now, and the EU seem to be giving the final concessions that they're prepared to for it to happen. We are nearly there.

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 2611 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:58 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

So Jeremy is outsourcing his policy making. Scandalous.... ;)

Not only that but using unpaid labour to do so! It would make Mao blush.

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 19:07 - Feb 25 with 2612 viewsFreddies_Ears

Oh, anything to get votes, to OP suggested? So, this just might prove to be a popular policy? I guess that's democracy.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 19:46 - Feb 25 with 2573 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:57 - Feb 25 by lowhouseblue

i haven't got that email.

"this is not his decision and will be decided by the membership" - and the membership are going to decide this in the next fortnight? cool.

They've been keeping an eye on you and sent it to the junk folder to save you the bother.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:16 - Feb 25 with 2553 viewspickles110564

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 18:01 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

I thought what you were saying before is that Corbyn should come out and admit he wants a no deal Brexit?

Good Evening Zed,

All Corbyn has done has confirmed he has no principles and is trying to deflect how badly his followers have behaved to Luciana.
He will do anything to try and secure votes however wait and see what this does to Labour's northern popularity.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:17 - Feb 25 with 2549 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:16 - Feb 25 by pickles110564

Good Evening Zed,

All Corbyn has done has confirmed he has no principles and is trying to deflect how badly his followers have behaved to Luciana.
He will do anything to try and secure votes however wait and see what this does to Labour's northern popularity.

Well, that's one way of looking at it*

*Other explanations also apply.

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:18 - Feb 25 with 2548 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:16 - Feb 25 by pickles110564

Good Evening Zed,

Did you know that apparently certain posters consider us at opposite ends of the political spectrum? A kind of TWTD yin and yang, perfectly mirroring each other. How do you feel about that!?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 20:18]

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 2547 viewspickles110564

Dear Zed,

Yours,

Jeremy Corbyn

he really is desperate if he is going to rely on you and your spin.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:22 - Feb 25 with 2546 viewspickles110564

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 19:07 - Feb 25 by Freddies_Ears

Oh, anything to get votes, to OP suggested? So, this just might prove to be a popular policy? I guess that's democracy.

Just like the lies to the University students before, wake up and smell the coffee.
This liar just wants to get in power and will say anything to buy the votes.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:24 - Feb 25 with 2538 viewspickles110564

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:18 - Feb 25 by SpruceMoose

Did you know that apparently certain posters consider us at opposite ends of the political spectrum? A kind of TWTD yin and yang, perfectly mirroring each other. How do you feel about that!?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 20:18]

Nope not opposite as you do not want Corbyn in power either.
Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:25 - Feb 25 with 2535 viewsfooters

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:24 - Feb 25 by pickles110564

Shurely you would like a true anti-EU leader unlike that Remoaniac May? She's agitating for the softest deal possible with the corrupt power brokers of the EUSSR. Aren't you upset by this blatant betrayal?

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:27 - Feb 25 with 2534 viewsSpruceMoose

Labour announce they will back second referendum on 20:24 - Feb 25 by pickles110564

I'm no fan of his, and I most likely would not vote for a Labour party with him as leader. I do however think that he's the lesser of the evils presented to us currently.

Should the Labour Party back a second referendum where Remain was an option that would become even more the case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024